7:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 0 ) at Orlando ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( 0 ) at Detroit ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( 0 ) at Toronto ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 14 ) at Milwaukee ( -14 ) —- T: 227
    8:30 PM EST : Utah ( -1 ) at Dallas ( 1 ) —- T: 222
    9:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 7.5 ) at Denver ( -7.5 ) —- T: 221.5
    10:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( 11.5 ) at LA Lakers ( -11.5 ) —- T: 229
    10:30 PM EST : Miami ( 0 ) at Golden St ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• damionismyname

• Ranked #91

RG Tiered Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

No.

panda you thinking….

• captainwacky

@Pandamonious said...

No, I know. When you’ve been getting taken behind the woodshed night in and night out for 2 months and again, one of the guys you go 100% on is likely to just end up with a generic score matched by some and exceeded by many, it just feels like a kick in the nuts.

I feel ya. I’ve been starting to turn it around the last 2 weeks, but I was on a huge downer for a while. It’s almost like a desensitization to bad plays (whether in principle or result), which lets you make even more questionable decisions because “f it, why not”. You’re good with the mental side of this though (at least that’s my read across the internet)— take a day off or something, or play one lineup only one day… or just keep grinding. You’ll be good :)

• RipCityRings

@Pandamonious said...

No, I know. When you’ve been getting taken behind the woodshed night in and night out for 2 months and again, one of the guys you go 100% on is likely to just end up with a generic score matched by some and exceeded by many, it just feels like a kick in the nuts.

Have you tried running a Costanza lineup to counter your bad luck? There’s definitely some merit to throwing one build in there where you fade a couple guys you thought were locks, I’ve found that the insta-lock plays I think the least about tend to bottom up more than others.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@damionismyname said...

panda you thinking….

I’m thinking of a long break. Maybe just wait until MLB comes along. Not sure.

• RipCityRings

Bucks can’t stop Giles. Basketball is weird.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

@FantasySultan said...

it never ends. do you use the optimizers that seem to be cashing every night? or do you do your own?

Depends. Tonight on FD I optimized 25 line ups based on my settings/exposure. DK I hand built. I haven’t been playing cash.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

@RipCityRings said...

Have you tried running a Costanza lineup to counter your bad luck? There’s definitely some merit to throwing one build in there where you fade a couple guys you thought were locks, I’ve found that the insta-lock plays I think the least about tend to bottom up more than others.

I feel like I’ve done everything.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #48

RG Tiered Ranking

@rstylz said...

thinking of swapping out rubio for clarkson.

And Butler, wiggins or booker?

Probably Booker

• FantasySultan

@Pandamonious said...

Depends. Tonight on FD I optimized 25 line ups based on my settings/exposure. DK I hand built. I haven’t been playing cash.

your settings? do you ever use the ones that everyone else uses?

my FD lineups tonight…3 of them aren’t even projected to break 300. crazy. I had them projected on my own to get to 360+

• jayzee666

There are no bad plays, just the unfortunate bastards that end up in my Lineups that are destined to become bad plays!!
    Welcome to the club Panda – it is good to have such royalty share my powers!!

• RipCityRings

Did anyone actually go with the Sterling Brown birthday narrative?

• cdub6238

It doesnt help that the Pacers decided to do this horsecrap after Oladipo checked back in

Comes in 551 left in 2nd

Turner bricks a shot, Warren bricks a 3, Lamb hits 3, Brogdan layup blocked, Turner layup, Warren bricks another 3, Holiday bricks a 3,Holiday layup blocked followed by Holiday turnover

Not much usage outside of 2 chuckers

• dragon1952

Made my LU’s and left for the gym 10 min before lock and come back to find Conley scratched. Got him in every LU :^ /

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

@FantasySultan said...

your settings? do you ever use the ones that everyone else uses?

my FD lineups tonight…3 of them aren’t even projected to break 300. crazy. I had them projected on my own to get to 360+

I just tinker with minutes/projections, X guys out, add randomness, create groups, that kind of stuff. I’ve used LineupHQ without editing anything before though.

• roomchat

Everything that can go wrong has gone wrong tonight.

At least I have a ton of Brook Lopez.

Oh wait. No I don’t. I HAVE EVERY SINGLE BUCK EXCEPT BROOK LOPEZ.

• Theguy49503

Any Jimmy Buckets news yet?

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

@jayzee666 said...

There are no bad plays, just the unfortunate bastards that end up in my Lineups that are destined to become bad plays!!
    Welcome to the club Panda – it is good to have such royalty share my powers!!

Thanks, wish it felt better to join up.

• RipCityRings

It’s easy to beat yourself up during a losing streak, but I think we all lose sight of the fact that DFS is still just really objectively difficult and more luck based than we’d like to admit.

• damionismyname

• Ranked #91

RG Tiered Ranking

Brogdon…. more like “Brog Done”

• rstylz

@Theguy49503 said...

the closest i found was a tweet on hoops hype from a guy saying he expects jimmy to play

• Ace15

Heads up Panda, you’re obviously a good at DFS. This is just variance. Don’t retire, love your input everyday!

• gaelicgirl

@Theguy49503 said...

Ira Winderman expects him to play…Andre’s giving a press conference now
    https://twitter.com/NickFriedell/status/1227037657512861696?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1227037657512861696&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fmiami-heat
    It’ll be great to see him again tonight, Warriors will have a tribute video

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #48

RG Tiered Ranking

Deandre Ayton (ankle) now listed doubtful Monday. https://t.co/9o0frJjVAL

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

I feel like I’ve done everything.

Play some golf… I mean dfs PGA. I had a decent weekend…. obv working on giving some back today in NBA

• RipCityRings

AG and Thon already at 5x. Would be nice if they could chill a little.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler