7:00 PM EST : Washington ( 4 ) at Detroit ( -4 ) —- T: 220
    7:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( 5 ) at Indiana ( -5 ) —- T: 217.5
    7:30 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 10.5 ) at Toronto ( -10.5 ) —- T: 226
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 6.5 ) at Okla City ( -6.5 ) —- T: 231
    8:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 0 ) at Houston ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 0 ) at Chicago ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 0 ) at Minnesota ( 0 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : Miami ( 0 ) at Denver ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Kmasonbx

@captainwacky said...

I’m a Bulls fan who was indoctrinated into the NBA at the beginning of the MJ dynasty. I love those eras. Those guys also all suck compared to the NBA right now. MJ is still the GOAT, and the superstars of those eras would fit right in, but the average role player now is incredible compared to the 80’s/90’s, and the level of the game is absurd.

It’s also hilarious to me when people talk about how soft the players are— they aren’t choosing this style, the league office and the rules dictate the way in which games are competitively played out. You think near-psychopathic (in a good way) competitors want to flop on national TV? Probably not, they just want to win. You think they want to rest? Prrrrobably not. Do you think Rick effing Mahorn (who I still have heathy disdain and respect for) or Bil Lambeer or whoever would really beat Lebron up? Look at the size of Lebron. Think it through.

End rant!

Rant on! Lol.

Completely agree with everything. It’s little things that people ignore that show how much better teams and players are now, the Jazz were really good for so long because they ran the pick and roll and teams couldn’t figure out how to stop it, now everybody runs pick and roll. Reggie Miller was difficult to deal with because he never stopped moving and ran through so many off ball screens, now half the teams in the league have a guy that does that.

Imagine in 1993 somebody taking a step back 3? Every announcer would say it’s a bad shot, now it’s one of the most unguardable shots in the sport. Steph Curry shoots 50% from 30-35 feet, in the 90s that was only a shot people took at the end of the shot clock or at the end of a quarter. Now there are a dozen guys that you see them pull up from that range with 14 on the shot clock and you’re perfectly fine with it.

• noddy

@captainwacky said...

I’m a Bulls fan who was indoctrinated into the NBA at the beginning of the MJ dynasty. I love those eras. Those guys also all suck compared to the NBA right now. MJ is still the GOAT, and the superstars of those eras would fit right in, but the average role player now is incredible compared to the 80’s/90’s, and the level of the game is absurd.

It’s also hilarious to me when people talk about how soft the players are— they aren’t choosing this style, the league office and the rules dictate the way in which games are competitively played out. You think near-psychopathic (in a good way) competitors want to flop on national TV? Probably not, they just want to win. You think they want to rest? Prrrrobably not. Do you think Rick effing Mahorn (who I still have heathy disdain and respect for) or Bil Lambeer or whoever would really beat Lebron up? Look at the size of Lebron. Think it through.

End rant!

Epic fail post

• Theguy49503

@tmarohl said...

yes

So I am not crazy lol.

• mtdurham

@Jonas137 said...

Lin bought out and expected to go to Raps. Wow!

Does he have time to get there by tonight? They need a guard…lol

great, i wanted to see him get another shot at the playoffs on a good team before his knee explodes one last time…

he fits in fairly well on that team.. i havent seen him much this year, is he still an elite athlete or has he lost a step of explosiveness?

• blue

• mtdurham

@captainwacky said...

Though one last thing to note— if Wiggins is out it makes them have slightly more viability… even though they’d probably just play Okogie more and run through KAT. Basically, play KAT if you have to play a timberwolf.

yeah wiggins being out means there is ONE rebound and ONE assist up for grabs this evening for some lucky dog.

I agree id stay away from minny backcourt situation and i have a little bit of a thing for teague sometimes

• mtdurham

@captainwacky said...

Do you think Rick effing Mahorn (who I still have heathy disdain and respect for) or Bil Lambeer or whoever would really beat Lebron up? Look at the size of Lebron. Think it through.

i agree with your overall point but id take charles oakley in a fight vs lebron… he’s undefeated and lebron prob never been in a fight in his life

id also take herschel walker…RIGHT NOW… dude is mowing guys down in MMA as a 55 year old

• Kmasonbx

@mtdurham said...

yeah dont get me wrong i love basketball but the players were absolute trash back then comparatively…

it’s just nostalgia when people say the NBA was so much better back then…. go ahead and put a game on NBA classic and see if you can even make it through the first quarter i dare you.

Go Check out the Raptors playoff series with Alvin Williams and Vince Carter backcourt vs Philadelphia with guys who had no discernible basketball skills like eric snow and tyrone hill

It looks cool when you see a highlight of Jordan dunking… but guess what… that happened like twice a game…. the rest of the time he just was posting up on every play and waiting for the double team.

Trash. DFS would have been a travesty back then because the smae players did the same stuff on every play… you werent allowed to play team defense or defend the basket against drives… it was like soccer with no goalie

i really wish i could prime Jordan in the NBA just to show all the Lebron haters how insane they are… the guy would get smashed

I grew up on 90s basketball so I obviously loved it but unlike many I’ve been able to take off the nostalgia glasses and realize how much more skilled guys are today.

• Kmasonbx

@mtdurham said...

agree with your overall point but id take charles oakley in a fight vs lebron

There’s a non zero % chance that Oakley is LeBron’s biological father, lol.

• mtdurham

@blue said...

Marvin Williams anyone?

no way… that was an Atlanta thing… this is Indy…

• captainwacky

@mtdurham said...

i agree with your overall point but id take charles oakley in a fight vs lebron… he’s undefeated and lebron prob never been in a fight in his life

id also take herschel walker…RIGHT NOW… dude is mowing guys down in MMA as a 55 year old

Oh yeah, I wasn’t talking about if they really wanted to square off— People just talk about how they would have bullied these guys in games so they wouldn’t be effective. Lebron is built like a semi. The guys in the league you wouldn’t want to get in a fight with right now are like… Ibaka and Cousins.

• captainwacky

@noddy said...

Epic fail post

We should stick to DFS for the most part, but I’d love to hear your counter argument.

• Jonas137

Reading through, trying to find anything relevant to today’s slate like

• frugal

@captainwacky said...

We should stick to DFS for the most part, but I’d love to hear your counter argument.

What, as to the NBA now vs whatever era the other person is arguing for? It’s a pointless argument for old men sitting on porches. They’re are great players from all eras including today.

• mtdurham

@Kmasonbx said...

I grew up on 90s basketball so I obviously loved it but unlike many I’ve been able to take off the nostalgia glasses and realize how much more skilled guys are today.

Very few centers shot as well from the Free throw line as Centers shoot from the corner 3 today… (ok, slight exagerration but not greatly)

Nothing will ever be worse than early 2000’s NBA…. those Antoine Walker Celtics playoffs, new jersey nets runs, PJ Brown vs NYK square offss….. it was SUCH a bad product… if i hadnt been a college kid who was majoring in online sports betting, drinking, class skipping, and general tomfoolery I would have lost interest..

heck 20 years later nothing has changed, just the basketball is just infinitely better…. but still if you take away the online sports betting, drinking, work skipping, and general tomfoolery id still probably lose interest

• Theguy49503

Cory Joseph is going to get the minutes anybody rolling him out again or is his price to high?

• Numberboy

Yes but mostly just Randle. Beals offensive numbers might take a slight hit with guys like Portis & Parker who love to shoot it

• captainwacky

@frugal said...

What, as to the NBA now vs whatever era the other person is arguing for? It’s a pointless argument for old men sitting on porches. They’re are great players from all eras including today.

There are certainly great players from every era. Every era going forward as a sum of its parts is going to be better than the prior one— it would be pretty inane to think otherwise. This goes for most things in life, people are just really hung up on themselves and nostalgia in general.

• JSteele

Maybe MTD can explain why Cory Joseph is all of a sudden playing 10 more minutes and actually getting some stats the last couple of games.

• mtdurham

@captainwacky said...

Oh yeah, I wasn’t talking about if they really wanted to square off— People just talk about how they would have bullied these guys in games so they wouldn’t be effective. Lebron is built like a semi. The guys in the league you wouldn’t want to get in a fight with right now are like… Ibaka and Cousins.

Demarcus Cousins – “In my hood the bullies got bullied”

Jerry Stackhouse is an OG too. Guy beat the crap out of that dude after the game before he got on the bus hahaha (kirk snyder had to look it up)

He beat up christian laetnerr on a plane over a card game and laettner was on the DL with a broken rib! hhaha

he wailed on hornacek on the floor too.. guy has some power

• mrjredoak

@Theguy49503 said...

Corey Joseph is going to get the minutes anybody rolling him out again or is his price to high?

Wes Matthews getting the start tonight, should cut into CJ’s minutes.

• tmarohl

@Theguy49503 said...

Cory Joseph is going to get the minutes anybody rolling him out again or is his price to high?

I think Cojo is going to get less minutes as they brought Matthews in and promised him a starting job.

• Theguy49503

@mrjredoak said...

Wes Matthews getting the start tonight, should cut into CJ’s minutes.

You can’t roster him yet on DK for some reason

• mtdurham

@JSteele said...

Maybe MTD can explain why Cory Joseph is all of a sudden playing 10 more minutes and actually getting some stats the last couple of games.

actually i looked into that last night and it looked like a lot of blowout run

not a terrible play but when a guy just went off a few times its like even if he does it again you arent gonna be alone and can you be sure theres really any merit to the play in the first place?

• JSteele

@mtdurham said...

actually i looked into that last night and it looked like a lot of blowout run

not a terrible play but when a guy just went off a few times its like even if he does it again you arent gonna be alone and can you be sure theres really any merit to the play in the first place?

Yea I doubt he sees 30+ again maybe he takes a few extra from Collison the way he’s been playing and Matthews may be limited in his first game as a Pacer. I’m looking at Jordan McRae as a punt who should get some 2nd unit usage. Especially if Green is out and Jabari or Portis get the start.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.