• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 1 ) at Philadelphia ( -1 ) —- T: 226
    7:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 3 ) at Washington ( -3 ) —- T: 230
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 0 ) at New Orleans ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 6.5 ) at Okla City ( -6.5 ) —- T: 220.5
    9:30 PM EST : Boston ( 2.5 ) at Houston ( -2.5 ) —- T: 230.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• rourke441

love embid-jrue-ariza

• monarch

Zion has been a losing bet but how are the Blazers going to defend him out of base defense? Cant be Melo…maybe its Ariza its Ariza with help? Then they would have an Ingram problem. It’s almost better if the Pels keep Favors on the floor so they maintain a mismatch at forward.

Lonzo should pop here, especially if Ingram is down. I think given the choice they will probably leave him open.

• caleb21scott

Having a tough time building today

• mbunner23

Fun little 5 game slate today.

• FantasySultan

hot take:

just wait until 6 est to start building.

spending all day doesn’t help.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

See you at 6:30pm. 5 game slate with not much injury news likely.

• Ace15

Why doesn’t everyone talk about their process. Maybe it will give others insight. We could all learn a little something from one another.

All the Lavine tonight. Stack the late game for all the monies.

• FantasySultan

@Ace15 said...

Why doesn’t everyone talk about their process. Maybe it will give others insight. We could all learn a little something from one another.

solid process right there :)

• Sleazygreazy

@Ace15 said...

Could not agree more. Forum this year has kind of turned into a bunch of salty old bags complaining at bingo.
    Anyways
    I’m starting by running some POR/CHI stacks with 1 or 2 players rotating from other games.
    Need Derozen news and will be weary of some late scratches/odd “injuries” that’ll pop up as we get closer to the break. Although, I think that’ll get worse as the week goes on, should be moderately safe from that tonight.

• mbunner23

@Ace15 said...

8 AM: Create a player pool.

8:30AM-6:55 PM – Wait for injury news.

6:56PM – Panic!

7:01PM- Cry.

7:30PM – Start making stupid bets to make up for DFS lineups.

• monarch

I believe the biggest thing for me on a slate like this where each game is attractive is to know the size of the rotations. People flock to the Wizards but they could play eleven people whereas the Blazers could go as low as eight in a friendly environment.

I ask that question a lot on here. I think its among the most important to narrow down the rotation.

• sochoice

Process today – I think today’s 5 game slate lends it to picking one game and stacking it. And then hope and pray you’ve picked the right one. If Ingram is announced out later today, then NO/POR is super easy to stack with almost all the prime plays there.

• FantasySultan

best strategy on a 5 game slate. max enter and cover everything.

ill do a single bullet.

• got9forya

I start by doing a dummy lineup to get a line up in and use that same lineup for all entries. I then go back and read this forum throughout the day to help me find a solid player pool. I then go off previous outings against the same team for each player. I then use other sources from the internet to see who alot of the other sights like along with going to the free optimizers and see what they like. Then its Dart throws after that and hope for the best. Usually doesnt work out so for me but sometimes it does for Basketball.

• feekdogg

If Derozan sits, is Aldridge going to get there on a back-to-back (and a 3rd game in 4 nights)?

• got9forya

But witht hat said. I love Gary Trent once again today. Still way to low priced on FD with his upside. Beal Keeps screwing me everytime I play him. I always suck at Center and get it wrong 90% of the time

• monarch

@got9forya said...

But witht hat said. I love Gary Trent once again today. Still way to low priced on FD with his upside. Beal Keeps screwing me everytime I play him. I always suck at Center and get it wrong 90% of the time

I like Trent but….Simons looks to be back so this will be the first game in awhile where Trent is competing with CJ, Ariza, Simons and Melo for minutes and shots in the wing.

• IT4MVP

I’ve been on Trent last 2 games and I’m sticking with him tonight I think even if Simons is back Trent gives them a big lift in scoring off the bench

• IT4MVP

I will not play Ariza. I haven’t gotten him right all year. I roster him and he gets me 10 when I fade he goes off

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #87

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Ace15 said...

Open RG. Open first look. Open lineup HQ. Open site I use for DVP. Open site I use for game logs. Open swish analytics for a slightly deeper dive into DVP. Also like looking at their trends section for how players perform against certain spreads. Some guys have significant difference in performance from say, being a 0-5 point underdog verses a 5-10 point favorite. Open official NBA injury report from the night before and see what I already know that we might be waiting on. Only Spurs on B2B and only Ingram is questionable, so it seems like we can go full steam ahead.

I go position by position, game to game. First look gives me a clear picture of where the good spots are. I use lineup HQ to check projected ceilings to price, and their “RG value.” Look at game logs just to see how a player is trending and look at past match up results if any. If a guy is checking most the boxes, they stay, if they don’t they get the X.

Once I have my pool, I can start breaking down where the best places to punt vs. spend are. Is it a balanced slate or a studs and scrubs slate. So on and so on.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #87

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@sochoice said...

Process today – I think today’s 5 game slate lends it to picking one game and stacking it. And then hope and pray you’ve picked the right one. If Ingram is announced out later today, then NO/POR is super easy to stack with almost all the prime plays there.

Yeah, slates this size I build a lot of 3-2 game stacks. 3-2-2 approach usually leads to solid results, as long as you have the right 3-2-2.

• sochoice

@Pandamonious said...

Yeah, slates this size I build a lot of 3-2 game stacks. 3-2-2 approach usually leads to solid results, as long as you have the right 3-2-2.

Oh yeah. I’m most likely looking at 3-3 game stack tonight, then sprinkle in 3 players from other games. Talking about FD.

• monarch

Slowqueen cleared the next best entry by 12 DK points last night on a nine game slate with seven players from two games and Damion Lee. Second place used just two games. Its easier to pull off when Middleton, Bledsoe, RHJ and Siakam become such obvious plays. But it also tells us we can discount speculative value like Ersan or Boucher and focus on the main dudes.

• dominicanpapi

I am wondering if you’re doing a 3 max, is it optimal to stack one game (in this case Boston/Houston, Pels/Blazers, Wizards/Bulls) and maybe one off plays from the rest?

• sochoice

And by the way, in my potential 3-3 game stack of NO/POR tonight, I have Dame, Dame, Dame, Zion, then Dame and Dame filling those spots. Clearly I am using a special version of the FD app.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.