• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 1 ) at Philadelphia ( -1 ) —- T: 226
    7:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 3 ) at Washington ( -3 ) —- T: 230
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 0 ) at New Orleans ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 6.5 ) at Okla City ( -6.5 ) —- T: 220.5
    9:30 PM EST : Boston ( 2.5 ) at Houston ( -2.5 ) —- T: 230.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• dominicanpapi

Bigs vs. Houston since the Capela trade:

Gobert – 37 minutes
    Ayton – 24 minutes (blowout)
    Diallo – 24 minutes
    Davis – 40 minutes
    McGee – 16 minutes
    Howard – 4 minutes

I’m not saying Theis is going to get 15 minutes tonight, but I doubt that Boston’s just gonna run Grant Williams out there for more minutes. I’m assuming Theis won’t close and like Panda said earlier, they’ll roll out Walker/Smart/Brown/Hayward/Tatum.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #39

RG Tiered Ranking

@mbunner23 said...

8 AM: Create a player pool.

8:30AM-6:55 PM – Wait for injury news.

6:56PM – Panic!

7:01PM- Cry.

7:30PM – Start making stupid bets to make up for DFS lineups.

Trust the process

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #39

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

But it also tells us we can discount speculative value like Ersan or Boucher and focus on the main dudes.

Ersan was in foul trouble most the night right?

• frugal

@dominicanpapi said...

Gobert – 37 minutes
    Diallo – 24 minutes
    Davis – 40 minutes
    McGee – 16 minutes
    Howard – 4 minutes

I’m not saying Theis is going to get 15 minutes tonight, but I doubt that Boston’s just gonna run Grant Williams out there for more minutes. I’m assuming Theis won’t close and like Panda said earlier, they’ll roll out Walker/Smart/Brown/Hayward/Tatum.

Gotta remember Capeala’s last full minutes game was actually 1/26 vs DEN. UTA ran out Gobert 37 in both games. NOP Favors/Pele 35. But CHA only played Zeller 13 minutes and matched small. You covered LA. That said, what other teams do has little effect on what BOS will do tonight. For example, UTA isn’t going to sit Gobert for matchups ever they will just try to take advantage of the mismatch.LA too, Davis just moved over to C and they tried to exploit the mismatch. However, a team like CHA where Zeller is a much, much smaller part they will go small. I don’t see the C’s as instrumental in the BOS offense so I can totally see them going small but I can also see them potentially giving Kanter more minutes than Theis to simply try to exploit the offensive mismatch. I’m not going to try and guess here and have zero interest in BOS C’s.

• mbunner23

@dominicanpapi said...

Gobert – 37 minutes
    Diallo – 24 minutes
    Davis – 40 minutes
    McGee – 16 minutes
    Howard – 4 minutes

Tatum game.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #36

RG Tiered Ranking

@Herf said...

Melo is interesting @ $4,900 DK

He is but I’m fully ready for a 3-14 from the field performance lol

Rather Hachimura at that price but I have a melo lu

• MoccasinMusic

Beal and Embiid or Dame and Hassan?

• Herf

@MoccasinMusic said...

Dame and Hassan I think.

• captainwacky

@MoccasinMusic said...

I’d take Beal and Embiid for my money there.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #95

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@captainwacky said...

I’d take Beal and Embiid for my money there.

I’ll second this.

Really starting to come around to this LAC/PHI game. 1 legit title contender, 1 pretender-semi-contender, national TV. Real tight spread. I think both teams push minute boundaries, as long as things are close. Embiid will be popular no matter what and C’s are crushing the Clips lately, and PG on DK still will be, but I think Kawhi is a really strong play here today. Him being the highest scorer on this slate isn’t crazy.

• monarch

Embiid will be chalk and I will play him. The narrative says he destroys the Clips on a TNT game…the first TNT game since Chuck and Shaq destroyed him. But he has disappointed in this spot before but he is underpriced.

I’m starting with Westbrook and many will be RWB and Embiid then I’ll build from there on DK.

• captainwacky

@Pandamonious said...

I’ll second this.

Really starting to come around to this LAC/PHI game. 1 legit title contender, 1 pretender-semi-contender, national TV. Real tight spread. I think both teams push minute boundaries, as long as things are close. Embiid will be popular no matter what and C’s are crushing the Clips lately, and PG on DK still will be, but I think Kawhi is a really strong play here today. Him being the highest scorer on this slate isn’t crazy.

I am employing this idea in many builds today.

• captainwacky

I said it last slate and will reiterate— the pricing on Mo Wagner, hachimura (who has been more popular/obvious), and now in this game, Kornet, is really good. They don’t have to be core pieces, but all of them have chances to really obliterate at their price.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #95

RG Tiered Ranking

@captainwacky said...

I said it last slate and will reiterate— the pricing on Mo Wagner, hachimura (who has been more popular/obvious), and now in this game, Kornet, is really good. They don’t have to be core pieces, but all of them have chances to really obliterate at their price.

Yeah, Hachimura isn’t really on my radar here, but Wagner for sure. Hope people are still behind there. Hachi’s price/ceiling on FD is getting a little out of wack. Probably won’t run enough line ups to get there. Rather go cheaper to Noel or Kornet like you mentioned or a little higher to Young/Bertans/Favors (if Ingram is OUT.)

Haven’t ruled out Theis yet, either.

• captainwacky

@Pandamonious said...

Yeah, Hachimura isn’t really on my radar here, but Wagner for sure. Hope people are still behind there. Hachi’s price/ceiling on FD is getting a little out of wack. Probably won’t run enough line ups to get there. Rather go cheaper to Noel or Kornet like you mentioned or a little higher to Young/Bertans/Favors (if Ingram is OUT.)

Haven’t ruled out Theis yet, either.

Wagner vs Felicio is such a beating, so if he gets the opportunity there, yeah. Hachimura stayed cheap on DK though, and then on FD Bertans has the requisite ceiling if you want to go there.

• frugal

@captainwacky said...

Wagner vs Felicio is such a beating, so if he gets the opportunity there, yeah. Hachimura stayed cheap on DK though, and then on FD Bertans has the requisite ceiling if you want to go there.

Hachimura minutes are a little concerning to me where Bertans seems to get a solid 30+ every night. Site position/salary of course an issue but right now I’m feeling Bertans at a small premium and pay down a bit somewhere else.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #39

RG Tiered Ranking

Process

1. Open up FD, DK, Yahoo and reserve entries with dummy lineup

2. Open up DK HQ, DvP, CourtIQ

3. Exclude everyone from player pool, sort by team, and then go team by team putting players back in pool based on DvP, Interest level, narratives, and Injury situations. I’ll usually go through game flow for each team to make sure there isnt any new rotation trends

4. Open up FD HQ, Yahoo HQ in new tabs and import my DK HQ player pool.

5. Go through each HQ tab and adjust projections based on several factors. Then i sort by position and narrow down player pool based on several factors.

6. Download CSV file from each site so they are ready for the last 10 mins before lock

7. Make another sweep through each HQ tab to try to narrow player pool down further while waiting for news and planning in my head what moves I need to make based on different news scenarios

8. Last hour before lock is usually reacting to news, making final adjustments to player pool and projections, adjusting exposure. 15 mins before lock I generate my FD, DK, and Yahoo lineups and update CSV file to each site

• Ace15

I like Dame/Embiid. Dame is in the nut spot same with Embiid. Dame/Embiid/George still allows for tons of flexibility.

Don’t sleep on Chandler Hutchinson.

• frugal

@Ace15 said...

I like Dame/Embiid. Dame is in the nut spot same with Embiid. Dame/Embiid/George still allows for tons of flexibility.

Don’t sleep on Chandler Hutchinson.

Is Dame really in a better spot than Kemba, Jrue, or Lavine?

• PaperStacking92

One of them OKC guards will ham

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #36

RG Tiered Ranking

@PaperStacking92 said...

One of them OKC guards will ham

Have some sga hoping he is the one .

• captainwacky

@frugal said...

Is Dame really in a better spot than Kemba, Jrue, or Lavine?

Yeah, I would argue we’ve reached the point where Dame’s price (and somewhat perception of his typical output) is over inflated. He went on a ridiculous heater, and has a very high ceiling, but I don’t think he became full time Harden or RWB. Not to mention the pelicans have been OK vs pg’s recently, Jrue kinda gives him trouble, yada yada. I’m not fading dame, but I’m not highly prioritizing him.

• monarch

How would you rank the teams tonight in order of how much they will push for the win? Nothing is worse than being all in on a player and having a coach/team mail it in because its just not that important and there is a big game up next.

Here’s my order

1. Sixers
    2. Rockets
    3. Wizards
    4. Bulls
    5. Pelicans
    6. Blazers
    7. Thunder
    8. Clippers
    9. Celtics
    10. Spurs

Thoughts?

• IronMonkey415

It’s very simple
    You go with Beal
    You go with Embiid
    You go with Tatum
    You go with Napier

You fill in the rest

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #95

RG Tiered Ranking

@captainwacky said...

Yeah, I would argue we’ve reached the point where Dame’s price (and somewhat perception of his typical output) is over inflated. He went on a ridiculous heater, and has a very high ceiling, but I don’t think he became full time Harden or RWB. Not to mention the pelicans have been OK vs pg’s recently, Jrue kinda gives him trouble, yada yada. I’m not fading dame, but I’m not highly prioritizing him.

Yeah, seems like a nice spot to pivot to CJ or Melo for the Blazers production from what I see.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).