Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

3:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( -8 ) at New York ( 8 ) —- T: 213
    3:30 PM EST : Chicago ( 0 ) at Minnesota ( 0 ) —- T: —
    6:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 6.5 ) at Toronto ( -6.5 ) —- T: 211
    9:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 3.5 ) at Sacramento ( -3.5 ) —- T: 210.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• BonsackMac78

That’s why I’m down on fantasy sports this season. It’s hard for the casual guy to do anything. I don’t expect to win 100,000 bucks or something, but an occasional few hundred dollar placing would be nice. Best I’ve done is $200 on a few occasions. You just can’t compete with the 50, 100+ lineup players. I’ve lost a lot of interest this season.

• Syzltuth

If PBA bowling is shown on ESPN we should be able to bet on it dammit! #DegeneratesUnite

• joemorris100

@BonsackMac78 said...

That’s why I’m down on fantasy sports this season. It’s hard for the casual guy to do anything. I don’t expect to win 100,000 bucks or something, but an occasional few hundred dollar placing would be nice. Best I’ve done is $200 on a few occasions. You just can’t compete with the 50, 100+ lineup players. I’ve lost a lot of interest this season.

Play single entry GPPS

• Berfy51

With such a small slate tonight who wil shine?

Anthony Davis or boogie!! Who will you build around?

• byo34

Leur or Gibson?

• dunbarnation

@BonsackMac78 said...

I don’t think it’s necessarily just the max entry players. I remember seeing an article on ESPN about scoring in the NBA being higher in general this season. That has made it far less likely for duds to occur on a nightly basis and thus has consistently pushed the cash line over 300 on a nightly basis whereas in previous years, a cash line of 300 was an abnormal night. Furthermore, the significant increase in lineup builders and lineup sellers has made it much more difficult to crack the top. I partially agree with you but there are a variety of factors at play rather than just a single one. Either way, it doesn’t deter me because I still feel I just need one good night to make it worth it and I have gotten close a couple of times this year. I recommend just keep grinding, limit your bankroll, and focus more on single entry gpps.

• BonsackMac78

@dunbarnation said...

I don’t think it’s necessarily just the max entry players. I remember seeing an article on ESPN about scoring in the NBA being higher in general this season. That has made it far less likely for duds to occur on a nightly basis and thus has consistently pushed the cash line over 300 on a nightly basis whereas in previous years, a cash line of 300 was an abnormal night. Furthermore, the significant increase in lineup builders and lineup sellers has made it much more difficult to crack the top. I partially agree with you but there are a variety of factors at play rather than just a single one. Either way, it doesn’t deter me because I still feel I just need one good night to make it worth it and I have gotten close a couple of times this year. I recommend just keep grinding, limit your bankroll, and focus more on single entry gpps.

True. I do enjoy putting in between 5 and 10 lineups, but knowing the big dogs can do 10x that really limits my upside. I just don’t enjoy putting in single entry LUs, so I’ll just keep playing and grinding, knowing I can’t have it my way..lol. I still have fun, but just a little disheartened this season. I still get excited at tip off/kick off. I don’t spend a lot either, so not much guilt, lol.

• frugal

@BonsackMac78 said...

Play on Yahoo. Lower pots, but they only allow 10 entry max, their pricing adjusts at a more standardized pace rather than swinging way up after 1 good game, and they allow late swap. Much more geared towards the casual player than DK or FD.

• dunbarnation

@BonsackMac78 said...

True. I do enjoy putting in between 5 and 10 lineups, but knowing the big dogs can do 10x that really limits my upside. I just don’t enjoy putting in single entry LUs, so I’ll just keep playing and grinding, knowing I can’t have it my way..lol. I still have fun, but just a little disheartened this season. I still get excited at tip off/kick off. I don’t spend a lot either, so not much guilt, lol.

Exactly. I have now reduced my exposure to 1-2 lineups a night until I hit it big. It will now keep it fun and also limit my risk in case an after-lock scratch occurs.

• superjon

Feel like this is a stars and scrubs day.

• wolfshield

Pay for Drummond?

• nateW

I have a feeling Ben McLemore is a far better player than people think. I expect him to have another big game tonight. If you watch his game in the past he even is a clutch shooter. I’ve seen him hit clutch shots before. That will keep him in the game in crunch time.

• callmetouch

• fanturds

Nurkic traded to the blazers for Plumlee

• nateW

Tyreke Evans nice revenge game against the Kings? Or nah?

• kettab24

does everyone hate the bulls as much as I do? Wtf is playing? Wade or Butler, both, or they’re both out?

• Brandon684

@fanturds said...

I just saw that on B/R. Nurkic gets to start in Portland and Plumlee is benched in favor of Jokic.

• Syzltuth

@fanturds said...

Maybe nurkic will become relevant to fantasy again

• Syzltuth

Another quiet day on the Sunday forum

• zline34

@Syzltuth said...

Maybe nurkic will become relevant to fantasy again

He will become a Cole Aldrich

• IronMonkey415

That is a damn good trade for the Nuggets

• fanturds

@kettab24 said...

does everyone hate the bulls as much as I do? Wtf is playing? Wade or Butler, both, or they’re both out?

You would think that they would sit Butler for a few games with the allstar break this week….get 10 days off.

I don’t know if it’s a pain tolerance thing, or if it’s an injury that he is aggravating. I’m not smart, but my guess is he sits.

I would expect Wade to be a go.

• IronMonkey415

Any one doing stupid crap such as playing Carmelo like me?

• frugal

@Brandon684 said...

I just saw that on B/R. Nurkic gets to start in Portland and Plumlee is benched in favor of Jokic.

Are we sure? Plumlee at C and Jokic at PF, how many teams can match up?

• hcassidy

@IronMonkey415 said...

That is a damn good trade for the Nuggets

Seen the Nuggets also gave up a 1st round pick, and Portland sent them a 2nd round pick.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).