• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -5 ) at Atlanta ( 5 ) —- T: 235.5
    8:00 PM EST : Boston ( 5.5 ) at Philadelphia ( -5.5 ) —- T: 226.5
    8:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( -4 ) at Memphis ( 4 ) —- T: 208
    8:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 4.5 ) at New Orleans ( -4.5 ) —- T: 224.5
    10:30 PM EST : Utah ( 8.5 ) at Golden State ( -8.5 ) —- T: 229

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• hobbes2d

RG Overall Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

If he only got more than 18 minutes. I’ve been thinking about taking a couple shots there though. He is playing Lebron.

Well the last game was a B2B and he was injured for awhile. The game before he played 19 mins but took 12 FGA and Lin had basically the same allotment of mins.

Looks like Baze had been coming in for Prince and Lin would sub for Trae. With Lin gone I would imagine Baze will sub for him. But then looking back in end of Nov when Lin was out looks like Bembry ran some backup point and Baze would sub for Huerter. So who knows lol.

• BBWC_10

@mtdurham said...

for core plays i want guys who are undervalued and consistent

I don’t agree with this, Core plays are your locks. Last night my Core plays were guys like PG13, RWB, Marky, Nance. There was a lot of talk about Marky being too expensive, so he was not undervalued at all. He put up 51 points. I think your core needs to be Safe/Lock High Floor guys that you can pinpoint there average plus some. You can differentiate with other guys. I have been doing much better with my “Value” guys. Just stay away from shooting/scoring dependent guys. Bullock falls into this category.

• mtdurham

@queensfinest said...

i havent seen much talk on rozier. im guessing because of the high salary on dk and the terrible matchup

i dont agree that it’s a “terrible” matchup but the price doesn’t leave a ton of meat on the bone and it definitely makes him a bust candidate.

Rozier roasted philly in the playoffs. He’s too quick for any of their defenders.

He’s definitely got 40+ FPS potential in this game. But you’re paying for it.

• JSteele

@frugal said...

I’ve been thinking about this all day. He’s topped out at 37 minutes in 3 games this season and Lin played in all of those. In the 5 games Lin’s missed, Trae hasn’t really seen huge minutes. 11/28 and 11/30 they didn’t have much in terms of a backup PG and Trae saw 28 minutes in each. I think it’s more likely that Bazemore plays some backup 1 than Trae see 40 minutes tonight. If you have him projected high or see this as a good matchup, don’t let me talk you off him but I don’t think bigger than average minutes are absolutely guaranteed.

I think he gets a slight minutes bump, maybe not 40 but 33-35 is not unreasonable. I also think he’s in play more because of the matchup, but any boost from no Lin is a positive one.

Also Baze is playing on an expiring deal so they want to give the minutes to their young guys. I don’t think he will get any more minutes than he has been. With that being said, he could smash in those 16-20 minutes and should be fairly low owned.

• Ace15

RG Overall Ranking

Anyone getting on the VUC 60 burger train lol? I think I might.

• jjpk

@TrustinthePlan said...

Anyone notice that Redick has put in 2 nice games since Tobias’ arrival. At 5300 on DK, seems like a nice play.

It’s only 2 games, but it seems Harris is really helping him. Before Harris arrived, defenses cheated toward Redick (as the only reliable 3-point threat) when Simmons or Butler probed the lane. When Harris and Redick are on the floor together, defenses have to respect both, so he’s getting a bit more daylight than before.

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #44

RG Tiered Ranking

@BBWC_10 said...

I don’t agree with this, Core plays are your locks. Last night my Core plays were guys like PG13, RWB, Marky, Nance. There was a lot of talk about Marky being too expensive, so he was not undervalued at all. He put up 51 points. I think your core needs to be Safe/Lock High Floor guys that you can pinpoint there average plus some. You can differentiate with other guys. I have been doing much better with my “Value” guys. Just stay away from shooting/scoring dependent guys. Bullock falls into this category.

If we can distill something from this conversation, it’s that people have different wants/needs for their ‘core’, and different styles of play, so you have to figure out your own stuff. I love volatility. Obviously if there’s a slam dunk play (like $3900 rozier or whatever when that happens), it’s easy. But just because someone is in a good spot and consistent doesn’t make them a great part of a core to me. Hence why I didn’t have KAT as part of my core— I thought he was going to do well. Same thing with RWB— he wasn’t part of my core but i had pieces because he was going to do well. I want my core to be plays I think can exceed the public perception of value, or are cheap value guys that are in too good of spots to fail and can’t be replaced. I thought Randle was replaceable… but after this long paragraph, all I’m really getting to is that your core needs are probably different than someone else’s.

• JSteele

@Ace15 said...

He’s certainly in a good spot. Anthony Davis hasn’t played any defence against KAT or Noah/Rabb since he’s been back.

• Benf15harp

@Ace15 said...

Could be but I’m just hitting the old lock button on RUDY

• Ace15

RG Overall Ranking

@Benf15harp said...

Could be but I’m just hitting the old lock button on RUDY

• mtdurham

@Kmasonbx said...

I’m curious what made you feel KAT wasn’t quite a core play? Clippers are one of the worst teams in the league defending centers, his price wasn’t bad and another high usage player was out which in theory should push more shots his way.

I favored Drummond and PG over him but I did think KAT was a guy I had build lineups around and considered those 3 my favorite spend ups with Beal being 4th.

well in general im almost never going to make a center at that price a core play of mine…. besides there was a significantly cheaper drummond in a smash spot… as well as a lot of super cheap center options in the $4k range if you decided to go that way… i dont really love playing those guys but its no secret their existence really undermines the highest price centers the most…

also rose was back which was a significant downgrade fot Kat…. and you had guys like beal, george, blake, westbrook etc who were all in about as good a spot as you could get last night…. i mean even if kat goes for 55 last night can you realiy squeeze himi nto the winning lineup that often on a night where so many other cheaper guys smash at Center and the top end options at other positions also have 50-65 FPS?

i certainly didnt think so… and with all the depth at center…. like 23 guys between 5-10k, and several 4k guys with serious 30+ FPS potential it’s just far too much to ask for all of them to bust and make KAT an outstanding play that night

• JSteele

@captainwacky said...

If we can distill something from this conversation, it’s that people have different wants/needs for their ‘core’, and different styles of play, so you have to figure out your own stuff. I love volatility. Obviously if there’s a slam dunk play (like $3900 rozier or whatever when that happens), it’s easy. But just because someone is in a good spot and consistent doesn’t make them a great part of a core to me. Hence why I didn’t have KAT as part of my core— I thought he was going to do well. Same thing with RWB— he wasn’t part of my core but i had pieces because he was going to do well. I want my core to be plays I think can exceed the public perception of value, or are cheap value guys that are in too good of spots to fail and can’t be replaced. I thought Randle was replaceable… but after this long paragraph, all I’m really getting to is that your core needs are probably different than someone else’s.

If I were to build a core for tonight. It would probably include Trae, Tobias, Kuzma. The moving pieces I would fit around would be Brown, Hayward, Morris, Kenrich, McGee, Noah, Rabb etc.

I think the first group is consistent enough at their price, i’m looking to get 40s from. The next group are people I think will do well, but only one of Brown/Hayward will do well. Morris and Kenrich are similar ceilings for me. McGee may be a “core” play if Chandler gets ruled out and then Noah and Rabb, I don’t want to chase points with Noah and I’d wipe these plays off the board if JVal is playing.

• dominicanpapi

Last time Irving missed a game, I believe Brown was in the starting lineup. Think it was also the same game Morris missed. But Morris is playing…if Brown is in the starting lineup regardless, do we like him less? I prefer the 2nd unit usage but if he’s going to be sharing the ball with others, I may pivot to Hayward.

• JSteele

@dominicanpapi said...

Last time Irving missed a game, I believe Brown was in the starting lineup. Think it was also the same game Morris missed. But Morris is playing…if Brown is in the starting lineup regardless, do we like him less? I prefer the 2nd unit usage but if he’s going to be sharing the ball with others, I may pivot to Hayward.

I want him if he’s in the 2nd unit. I don’t think he will start assuming Morris plays. I suspect a lineup of

Rozier
    Smart
    Tatum
    Morris
    Horford

with Brown and Hayward off the bench.

• Petergunz82

@monarch said...

Pivot off chalky Trae Trae is Rubio, especially if Gobert misses. He can outscore him for 600 cheaper on DK and its hammer time!

How about both?

• mtdurham

@Jonas137 said...

My point here is Steph naturally would take over more of those assists,

What if the other team just elects to trap Steph since Draymond isn’t available and force someone else to be Golden State’s secondary playmaker tonight?

I mean that’s what i would do on every play…

So, it’s not that simple really

• JSteele

Aldridge is in a great spot tonight too with a slight discount. He’s been terrible the last few games, but thats what makes a great gpp play.

• ASitar

I’m not playing Boogie tonight. If there were a lot of high-priced non Centers that I needed to use him to fit them, then ok. And when I put him in at Utility I see Tobias, Horford, Klay, Tatum, and Kuzma around him (which I think all have higher ceilings). If I was going Jrue, Curry, LeBron, AD then probably, but I’m not and don’t think you need to use him Unless you need to use a mid range Center. On a side note, is LMA a risky play with the probable blowout?

• frugal

@mtdurham said...

What if the other team just elects to trap Steph since Draymond isn’t available and force someone else to be Golden State’s secondary playmaker tonight?

I mean that’s what i would do on every play…

So, it’s not that simple really

That would make Klay and even better play upping his time of possession considerably.

• mtdurham

@frugal said...

My bad, I could’ve sworn assists were in there too, since it’s not kinda seems the usage formula is slightly flawed there. My point is the starting 5 will have 1 less passing target as whoever they sub will for sure get less touches than Dray. As such, Klay should get more touches and more time of possession (as will all the other guys) and should get a few more shots off as a result.

There is a different usage stat that includes assist.

Frankly i was shocked when i learned the one they use with regards to DFS doesnt include assists… it makes it a somewhat garbage statistic comparatively IMO… it doesnt really represent what it says it does

• JSteele

@ASitar said...

I’m not playing Boogie tonight. If there were a lot of high-priced non Centers that I needed to use him to fit them, then ok. And when I put him in at Utility I see Tobias, Horford, Klay, Tatum, and Kuzma around him (which I think all have higher ceilings). If I was going Jrue, Curry, LeBron, AD then probably, but I’m not and don’t think you need to use him Unless you need to use a mid range Center. On a side note, is LMA a risky play with the probable blowout?

Spurs on the road is never a probable blowout. Unless you meant the Grizzlies blowing them out. I like LMA, I don’t think i’ll play him because there are cheaper players I like better, but he could put up a 50 spot and I wouldn’t be surprised.

• Petergunz82

@captainwacky said...

On fanduel, I think an awesome strategy is playing Trae, Baze, Bembry, and one other ATL guy who might go off in the same lineup. There’s no actual punt on the entire slate except Bembry (yet), and baze is close enough.

Bembry has shown upside when Prince, Bazemore and others were injured…the question is does Lin’s departure open up minutes in the upper twenties for him?

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #44

RG Tiered Ranking

@ASitar said...

Who’s blowing out who there? The spurs are not that good currently, and memphis fights. I would not assume anything related to that, and actually really like some pieces from that game.

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #44

RG Tiered Ranking

@Petergunz82 said...

Bembry has shown upside when Prince, Bazemore and others were injured…the question is does Lin’s departure open up minutes in the upper twenties for him?

I have no way to pinpoint that tonight, but my point is that I would be willing to gamble on either him or baze having a really strong game, and you can drop the other. This is specifically my way to find a pure punt today on Fanduel.

• okiehorn

@captainwacky…bullock and Bazemore in same DK SE LU… that DFS suicide? Lol

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler