7:30 PM EST : Toronto ( 0 ) at Brooklyn ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 0 ) at Indiana ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( 7.5 ) at Minnesota ( -7.5 ) —- T: 225
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 5 ) at Memphis ( -5 ) —- T: 235
    8:30 PM EST : Sacramento ( 0 ) at Dallas ( 0 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : Golden St ( 0 ) at Phoenix ( 0 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : Miami ( 4.5 ) at Utah ( -4.5 ) —- T: 217.5
    10:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 0 ) at Denver ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@tmarohl said...

I like a lot of Indiana guys tonight. I think Indiana wins this game tonight pretty easily.

Indiana winning would not surprise me but Idk if that directly correlates to their guys hitting value, such a deep rotation

• Bradsh86

If you have a player pool of 30, what would be the recommended player exposure ranges for each player? Thx guys

• frugal

Ibaka (if he plays) vs BKN looks tasty.

• Ace15

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #98

RG Tiered Ranking

I know i’ve been on the Dame train more than others, but i really think tonight Dame takes over. MEM is currently the 8th seed right now, this is a MUST WIN for POR if they want any shot at the playoffs, no doubt about it. Dame has to be pissed after last night. I think he puts the team on his back tonight. Could be wrong, but that’s what I’m rolling with.

• Bodiaz36

Love Dame tonight as well to bounce back. I expect this to be a fast paced, high scoring game. Think he can go for 60 fpts. On the other side, Ja and J-Val look great too, prices reasonable. Might mini-stack AD and Murray in the Hammer

• monarch

You guys are playing Dame over Trae?

• superjon

@Bradsh86 said...

If you have a player pool of 30, what would be the recommended player exposure ranges for each player? Thx guys

All depends on how many lineups. 50 lineups will have a more condensed core. 150 lineups you can be a little more spread out.

How risk adverse you are is also important.

If you have a player pool of 30, that tells me you really like who you have. In that case, I wouldn’t go less 10% on any one player.

• mbunner23

@monarch said...

• Ace15

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #98

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

I’m playing both.

• casper

@Ace15 said...

Prob to deal with LAL bigs, but stilllll…I am INTRIGUED

There playing GSW

• superjon

Dame or Trae?

Why not Luka at 9.7k?

• monarch

Dame might be alright. He is up against the #3 DVP vs PG team over the past month. I wouldn’t advise paying 10.2k for him when IMO there are 8k options at other positions that probably score as many DK points.

• Bodiaz36

I’m playing Dame over Trae merely because he’s 500 bucks cheaper than Trae on FD, and has a similar ceiling. Plus, every game is crucial now for Portland if they want to make playoffs, a little extra incentive for Dame before the break

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

Fear the Deer. Yet again. In today’s NBA blog.

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/nba-today-february-12-3300004

• Ace15

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #98

RG Tiered Ranking

@superjon said...

Dame or Trae?

Why not Luka at 9.7k?

First game back for Luka, it’s a crapshoot. Last game before ASB too. They might take it easy. Luka could crush, but the other 2 have easier matchups IMO.

• Bradsh86

Thx superon that makes some sense and I am running around 30 lineups tonight , just having trouble with the exposures.

When you say condensed core, is that about 4-5 guys at 60%?

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@monarch said...

Dame might be alright. He is up against the #3 DVP vs PG team over the past month. I wouldn’t advise paying 10.2k for him when IMO there are 8k options at other positions that probably score as many DK points.

Yeah, Dame is a great narrative play, as he can put the team on his back, they’re the 9th seed, facing the 8th seed and they’re 3 games back of them. Once you get past that part, Trae is the better play, as are arguably several other PG’s eligible players.

• frugal

@Ace15 said...

First game back for Luka, it’s a crapshoot. Last game before ASB too. They might take it easy. Luka could crush, but the other 2 have easier matchups IMO.

I’m fading Luka tonight which feels crazy.

A note for the second half of the season…I’m betting WCS becomes a big part of the DAL rotation. Luka thrives in the P&R and the P&P. KP is the perfect P&P partner but doesn’t seem to like to role much and Kleber’s game is basically a Dollar Store version of KP. WCS is an above the rim P&R player who would absolutely thrive in the Powell starting role and my gut says that’s going to happen soon. Just gotta get him playing some defense…

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@Bradsh86 said...

Thx superon that makes some sense and I am running around 30 lineups tonight , just having trouble with the exposures.

There’s no 1 right way, It’s about your comfort levels. I’d argue if your pool is 30, you could have 4 guys 75% or more, another 4-6 50-70% owned, then like 10 guys 30-50% owned, then 4 guys are 25% owned, and the rest as one-offs. You should have a set group, your “core” or “conviction” guys that are owned higher than everyone else. 2-4 guys. Obviously you need to be “convinced” that they won’t fail and sink all your line ups. Like, for example 2 days ago, I went 100% Bledsoe/Middleton/Dipo/Ersan. Those guys were all highly unlikely to sink a line up and big upside to their price. Last night my core was just 3 guys, LaVine, LMA, Embiid and I didn’t go more than 75% on any of them, because I didn’t feel like anyone was worth 100% ownership at any price range.

• superjon

@Bradsh86 said...

30 lineups, I don’t know if I would want to be that heavy on 4-5 guys. It just makes it more likely that you limit your exposure on other players.

I might pick 1-3 players that I would be okay with being between 55%-75%, see what the optimizer gives you for everyone else and then adjust.

• dakimbell

@frugal said...

I’m fading Luka tonight which feels crazy.

A note for the second half of the season…I’m betting WCS becomes a big part of the DAL rotation. Luka thrives in the P&R and the P&P. KP is the perfect P&P partner but doesn’t seem to like to role much and Kleber’s game is basically a Dollar Store version of KP. WCS is an above the rim P&R player who would absolutely thrive in the Powell starting role and my gut says that’s going to happen soon. Just gotta get him playing some defense…

Keep him out of Carlisle’s dog house, already seeing the DNPCD or 4-5 minutes in garbage time. agreed, if WCS buys in on the effort side he could really help the mavs.

• JSteele

@Bradsh86 said...

What a lot of people will do is look at ownership projections on these players and then increase or decrease exposure depending on how they feel about certain plays. The baseline typically meets the field on ownership.

An example (without knowing any ownership projections)

Lillard (10%)
    Trae Young (25%)
    Middleton (40%)

If you are more bullish on Lillard, you might put him in 25%, while you might scale back exposure to Trae down to 10%. If you are more neutral on Middleton, you would meet the field and put him in 40% of your lineups.

• Yeoman

@casper said...

There playing GSW

I think what he meant is that Diallo probably got the 39 minutes because they were playing the Lakers and needed his size, where against GSW they might cut him back and play smaller.

I assume this is an FD conversation. He barely made 5x tonight’s DK salary even getting 39 minutes. I’ll gladly take Bridges for 300 more.

• Herf

Marquese Chriss should get plenty of mins with Looney out for GSW? Or does that help Paschall more for mins?

He is also playing his old squad which may offer more motivation that normal.

• frugal

@Yeoman said...

I think what he meant is that Diallo probably got the 39 minutes because they were playing the Lakers and needed his size, where against GSW they might cut him back and play smaller.

I assume this is an FD conversation. He barely made 5x tonight’s DK salary even getting 39 minutes. I’ll gladly take Bridges for 300 more.

He’s the min on Yahoo, kinda hard to pass up.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler