• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Miami ( 7.5 ) at Toronto ( -7.5 ) —- T: 206.5
    8:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 7.5 ) at Milwaukee ( -7.5 ) —- T: 208
    8:00 PM EST : Houston ( -2.5 ) at Minnesota ( 2.5 ) —- T: 221.5
    8:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 0 ) at Oklahoma City ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Sacramento ( 0 ) at Dallas ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( 0 ) at Denver ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• jglumsic

@Syzltuth said...

Did someone post a report of Harris being tired because of acclimating to den altitude the other day? If so, I’m off him until after the asb and he gets some rest.

Yea i posted a tweet I saw about it yesterday. Appears that adjustment takes some time

• jglumsic

Hood and Clarkson are still underpriced. Think they could easily combine for 70+

• MrPerfekt7

@srcripps said...

I love your takes…..I’m on at least 90% of that at first glance this morning.

Thanks, now got to sit back and watch all injury news to drop. The earlier the better for this slate.

It’s scary that I was able to make a LU that was balanced and it could fit in Harden or RWB.

• Clillard07

I need help!! I steadily put lineups in and steadily waste money and donate to the games! I am assuming I do not fully grasp the concept of GPP games vs Cash games. I think my lineups are beast then nothing happens. Have only cashed in $500 once!
    my lineup lastnight was
    mitchell
    russell
    beasley
    gasol
    jordan
    jackson
    warren reddick

other was williams
    harris
    crabbe
    carrol
    jordan
    simmons
    beasley
    grant

any advice

• Njsum1

@Clillard07 said...

I need help!!

Nothing wrong with those lineups, first one would have been good if warren and Jackson didn’t pick the same game to put up their worst games of the season. Reddick wasn’t a particularly strong play…other than that it was a solid lineup.

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@Clillard07 said...

I need help!! I steadily put lineups in and steadily waste money and donate to the games! I am assuming I do not fully grasp the concept of GPP games vs Cash games. I think my lineups are beast then nothing happens. Have only cashed in $500 once!
    my lineup lastnight was
    mitchell
    russell
    beasley
    gasol
    jordan
    jackson
    warren reddick

other was williams
    harris
    crabbe
    carrol
    jordan
    simmons
    beasley
    grant

any advice

Most of those picks are solid. Just happens Jackson had a terrible day & Warren rather pedestrian as well. Second one, I just think too many BKN players limited your upside

• Clillard07

Yea I was thinking there would be more with that game being it had a higher projected. The first one I see what your saying if warren and jackson had a better game I would have possibly been in some cash. Guess just means keep pluggin! Love the forums , great advice!

• Clillard07

Thanks man, just like Elving188 said ! I’ll keep pluggin. My day is coming!!

• Srogers96

@Clillard07 said...

my lineup lastnight was
    mitchell
    russell
    beasley
    gasol
    jordan
    jackson
    warren reddick

other was williams
    harris
    crabbe
    carrol
    jordan
    simmons
    beasley
    grant

any advice

Most of the picks aren’t bad at all. Suns players pretty much dudded other then Payton

GPP you need to have those low owned players to go off that not a lot of people have.

• robmcguire

Gotta think that Jimmy Butler is a lock for a 50 burger tonight.

• Clillard07

@Sroger96 thanks suns players def hurt the situation across the board.

• Srogers96

WCS vs DAL. Yes please. Bigs have been beating DAL up lately

• Clillard07

Do you all feel its better to do a good amount of line ups or narrow it down to a select 4 or 5? I feel I put way to many in. None the less they are the $1 to .25$ games so not huge amounts for those but still. Better to focus on those bigger entry like $5 or $8 or stay small until I get this thing going?

• Srogers96

@Clillard07 said...

@Sroger96 thanks suns players def hurt the situation across the board.

Yeah losing by 40 points is a LU killer. But what helps me honestly is I listen to the morning grind podcast every morning on my way to job sites at my work and that helps me a lot. I don’t have a lot of time to do tons of research but that does help me

• mat_mr

Henson out … T. Zeller anyone ?? at 3300 I think he could be between 4X-7X with a reasonnable chance to go for 6x vs atlanta ?

• caleb21scott

@jglumsic said...

Hood and Clarkson are still underpriced. Think they could easily combine for 70+

while therye both underpriced I think its one or the other.

• Srogers96

@Clillard07 said...

Do you all feel its better to do a good amount of line ups or narrow it down to a select 4 or 5? I feel I put way to many in. None the less they are the $1 to .25$ games so not huge amounts for those but still. Better to focus on those bigger entry like $5 or $8 or stay small until I get this thing going?

I play 3 LU ever night ranging from $4 -$7.77 GPP ok fd and 2 in cash.

Start low with gpp if you want get the hank of it. Nothing wrong with losing .25 cents. But the main thing is bank roll management. Been playing dfs for 2 or 3 years now. And wasn’t even bringing to be profitable till a couple months ago because of bank roll management. Stick to an amount you want to play nightly and weekly. And don’t go over it. And play cash games. They’re boring as shit. But it’s key to not having to keep adding money to your account.

• Srogers96

People will probably disagree wit me. But I may fade CLE vs OKC 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Clillard07

thats solid. Thanks @sroger96 Its fun and I love basketball, i’m at work 12 hours a day so free time is there for me to check on things and try to keep up. Always feel like its great then someone comes in with this low cost extreme value player that kills me. The other night if I had put in Mack instead of Augustine I would cashed some winnings! But I second guessed myself.

• Tambo722

@elving188 said...

I just think too many BKN players limited your upside

As a Brooklyn Net fan, sad to say but your right

• Njsum1

@Clillard07 said...

How long have you been playing NBA DFS or DFS in general, as your profile says you’ve only been a member on RG for a week? Is that how long you’ve been playing?

• Srogers96

@Clillard07 said...

thats solid. Thanks @sroger96 Its fun and I love basketball, i’m at work 12 hours a day so free time is there for me to check on things and try to keep up. Always feel like its great then someone comes in with this low cost extreme value player that kills me. The other night if I had put in Mack instead of Augustine I would cashed some winnings! But I second guessed myself.

Yeah that night I didn’t even think about Mack. To me winning a GPP is luck. Cashing in GPP on a nightly basis is definitely skill.

• ASitar

@elving188 said...

Most of those picks are solid. Just happens Jackson had a terrible day & Warren rather pedestrian as well. Second one, I just think too many BKN players limited your upside

When I’m doing a GPP I’m looking for fast-paced high scoring games that will produce value that otherwise wouldn’t happen in a slow tempo game. In that same scenario, Im using a player from that same high paced high scoring game from the opposing team that will be the key to keeping it high scoring and close. Hezonja/Fournier/Grant from last night. I’m also looking for someone getting a higher usage because of an injury. A $3.8k DK player that usually gets 15-20 minutes but will now get 25+ to potentially go for 10x. You have to take the 2/3 chalky players that are likely to hit 7x-9x because you want to keep up with the field in those spots. On the flip side (in gpp) if you feel like a public chalk player will bust, fade him and the public, even though you’re risking what everyone thinks he’s going to do if he blows up. You have to take risks in gpp in hopes that you have the 2 or 3 guys the public has that go for 9x and your few “punts” exceed value. That usually means going stars and scrubs. A good example is the DK NBA $250k GPP winning LU from 2/10:

Elf 38.5 (25.5%)
    Oubre 28 (13.58%)
    J Jackson 46.25 (16.22)
    Powell 32.75 (13.75%)
    Embiid 61 (4.93%)
    Anderson 41.5 (4.08%)
    Bender 45.5 (3.83%)
    Jokic 47.75 (29.93%)

Sorry for the rant, just my thought process for GPPs.

• MrPerfekt7

Who will see who tonight, Harden vs Butler, Paul vs Teague, or Harden vs Teague ?

• dominicanpapi

@Srogers96 said...

People will probably disagree wit me. But I may fade CLE vs OKC 🤷🏼‍♂️

It’s a weird game to predict. If Russ and Anthony are out, you can make an argument for a blowout b/c Cleveland has too many options now. But if they’re playing, where do you go? I’d rather have Paul for the lower ownership and discount, I’d rather have Giannis at low ownership vs. PG13 or Lebron. How many minutes are Hood and Clarkson going to get? What’s the usage going to be like?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).