• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Miami ( 7.5 ) at Toronto ( -7.5 ) —- T: 206.5
    8:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 7.5 ) at Milwaukee ( -7.5 ) —- T: 208
    8:00 PM EST : Houston ( -2.5 ) at Minnesota ( 2.5 ) —- T: 221.5
    8:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 0 ) at Oklahoma City ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Sacramento ( 0 ) at Dallas ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( 0 ) at Denver ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• MrPerfekt7

@ASitar said...

When I’m doing a GPP I’m looking for fast-paced high scoring games that will produce value that otherwise wouldn’t happen in a slow tempo game. In that same scenario, Im using a player from that same high paced high scoring game that will be the key to keeping it high scoring and close. Hezonja/Fournier/Grant from last night. I’m also looking for someone getting a higher usage because of an injury. A $3.8k DK player that usually gets 15-20 minutes but will now get 25+ to potentially go for 10x. You have to take the 2/3 chalky players that are likely to hit 7x-9x because you want to keep up with the field in those spots. On the flip side (in gpp) if you feel like a public chalk player will bust, fade him and the public, even though you’re risking what everyone thinks he’s going to do if he blows up. You have to take risks in gpp in hopes that you have the 2 or 3 guys the public has that go for 9x and your few “punts” exceed value. That usually means going stars and scrubs. A good example is the DK NBA $250k GPP winning LU from 2/10:

Elf 38.5 (25.5%)
    Oubre 28 (13.58%)
    J Jackson 46.25 (16.22)
    Powell 32.75 (13.75%)
    Embiid 61 (4.93%)
    Anderson 41.5 (4.08%)
    Bender 45.5 (3.83%)
    Jokic 47.75 (29.93%)

Sorry for the rant, just my thought process for GPPs.

Which DK contest do you think are worth the play. I usually do the $1 NBA ___K and one and sometimes go test my skills in the Arcade. Lately I have been playin the $3 entry contests on the main slate as well as on the night slate. Thought that by playing in a smaller sample size field it wouldn’t be hard to cash. Cashed a few times but since last week been breaking even or not cashing.

• Srogers96

@dominicanpapi said...

It’s a weird game to predict. If Russ and Anthony are out, you can make an argument for a blowout b/c Cleveland has too many options now. But if they’re playing, where do you go? I’d rather have Paul for the lower ownership and discount, I’d rather have Giannis at low ownership vs. PG13 or Lebron. How many minutes are Hood and Clarkson going to get? What’s the usage going to be like?

100% agree. That’s where my thinking is going. CLE played good one game. And I’m not taking anything away from that. But shooting over 50% from the three isn’t going to happen every game. And it was only one game win that rotation. We still have no idea what the rotation will be on a nightly basis

Eyes are glued to ABC. I think he’ll go low owned and I’m loving that.

• Njsum1

@Srogers96 said...

Yeah that night I didn’t even think about Mack. To me winning a GPP is luck. Cashing in GPP on a nightly basis is definitely skill.

This is debatable….imo. Yes finishing first is mostly luck, As the stars have to align to actually win one, yet it takes skill to make lineups good enough to give yourself a chance at winning, and I’m talking about top 1% lineups.

And cashing regularly over the course of the season is more skill, yet looking at it nightly, it’s more luck. As on any single night, you need variance to be in your favor, and to not get unlucky with things like foul trouble, injuries, late scratches, unexplainable bad games, leaky roofs 😂 etc.

• bucherpsu08

@jglumsic said...

Hood and Clarkson are still underpriced. Think they could easily combine for 70+

Lol what? If you are projecting them at ~35 minutes each I want some of what you are drinking.

• Clillard07

@Njsum1

I have been playing honestly for a few years now , I used fan duel for ever then switched to DK. I have only used Rotogrinders for a while, and decided to check out the premium membership to see if I could find help or advice and learn more. I wasted money for years just playing and using the optimal lineups on rotowire. Never worked.

• Srogers96

@Njsum1 said...

This is debatable….imo. Yes finishing first is mostly luck, As the stars have to align to actually win one, yet it takes skill to make lineups good enough to give yourself a chance at winning, and I’m talking about top 1% lineups.

And cashing regularly over the course of the season is more skill, yet looking at it nightly, it’s more luck. As on any single night, you need variance to be in your favor, and to not get unlucky with things like foul trouble, injuries, late scratches, unexplainable bad games, leaky roofs 😂 etc.

Effing leaky roofs .. lol

• HawksFan12

@elving188 said...

haha yeah. I agree with the Jokic take, he’s the only DEN player I put in my pool as of now. I don’t trust the other guys at the moment, naturally. And yeah, didn’t even think about it that way with Mitchell even though I played him last night. Slow start but ended well.

Still a bit tilted about Royce, 37 mins and basically nada! That 1 LU with him still cashed but could’ve been more of course

Don’t sleep on Lyles tonight. With Plumlee out, he’ll get the run needed to hit value and the Spurs get to play the second game of a B2B in the altitude of Denver and the Spurs are short handed with no Aldridge or Leonard. I’ll definitely have shares of Lyles and Jokic and I’ll throw some Dejunte Murray in with those lineups.

• wvu808

@Clillard07 said...

I need help!! I steadily put lineups in and steadily waste money and donate to the games! I am assuming I do not fully grasp the concept of GPP games vs Cash games. I think my lineups are beast then nothing happens. Have only cashed in $500 once!
    my lineup lastnight was
    mitchell
    russell
    beasley
    gasol
    jordan
    jackson
    warren reddick

other was williams
    harris
    crabbe
    carrol
    jordan
    simmons
    beasley
    grant

any advice

Try playing Draft haha. I have had much, much better luck cashing on there.

• Nevs32

Olynk out, any love for james johnson??

• TnCowboy

@Clillard07 said...

Do you all feel its better to do a good amount of line ups or narrow it down to a select 4 or 5? I feel I put way to many in. None the less they are the $1 to .25$ games so not huge amounts for those but still. Better to focus on those bigger entry like $5 or $8 or stay small until I get this thing going?

In NBA, I play 12 lineups in the $.25 Fadeaway, $1 in the single entry Dribbler and another $12 in cash games on FD. I do 12 in the Quarter Jukebox on DK and a $3 NHL Sniper.
    This is my first year doing “mass entry”, although 12 isn’t really mass. I am learning more and more every day with lineup construction doing this and feel comfortable only losing $3 if my picks are a disaster. I am now confident enough that after the All Star break, I will start doing mass in the higher dollar contests.
    My advice is to find a system that is good FOR YOU. Experiment with free contests or cheap ones. Then when you feel really good, win some big bucks!

• feekdogg

I think KAT and CP3 are the spend-ups from Wolves/Rockets

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@Nevs32 said...

Olynk out, any love for james johnson??

more love for Bam

• BUFUu2

@Srogers96 said...

100% agree. That’s where my thinking is going. CLE played good one game. And I’m not taking anything away from that. But shooting over 50% from the three isn’t going to happen every game. And it was only one game win that rotation. We still have no idea what the rotation will be on a nightly basis

Eyes are glued to ABC. I think he’ll go low owned and I’m loving that.

i agree 100 percent i am scared to play clarkson because did he just get a good run cuz of the lead or will Hill end up getting those mins its to new to see as of right now they are awesome gpp plays and thats about it…

• caleb21scott

@7klub06 said...

Who will see who tonight, Harden vs Butler, Paul vs Teague, or Harden vs Teague ?

Not sure but I went with paul thinking he would have teagues defense and took butler on the other side thinking he would see harden

• RandysCrow

• Ranked #40

RG Tiered Ranking

@feekdogg said...

I added Jimmy B to that and built from there

• caleb21scott

@7klub06 said...

Who will see who tonight, Harden vs Butler, Paul vs Teague, or Harden vs Teague ?

Not sure but I went with paul thinking he would see teagues defense and butler from the other side thinking he would see harden

• antzilla810

KAT/”(player-popup #c-j-miles)CJ Miles”:/players/c-j-miles-1299 or George/ Thon Maker, fd gpp?

• Nevs32

Elving me your early lock of the day??

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@caleb21scott said...

Not sure but I went with paul thinking he would have teagues defense and took butler on the other side thinking he would see harden

I suspect Butler will be on Harden

• BUFUu2

@feekdogg said...

def right there, I am also liking wiggins tonight from that game rockets been struggling against sg/sf and great pivot off of butler… Butler will be higher owned considering a bounce back game but Butler goes in hot streaks and cold streaks and they are normally more then just one game

• Njsum1

@Clillard07 said...

I have been playing honestly for a few years now , I used fan duel for ever then switched to DK. I have only used Rotogrinders for a while, and decided to check out the premium membership to see if I could find help or advice and learn more. I wasted money for years just playing and using the optimal lineups on rotowire. Never worked.

Good to know…IMO…Seems like your searching for too much advice. Using rotowire optimal lineups, premium membership here, asking lots of questions on the forum. You’re not going to win like that in a sport like NBA where so much information is readily available. IMO, the reason to purchase premium in a major sport is because you love DFS content or like a writers particular style, meaning you view it like a newspaper subscription. Use it for entertainment and maybe learn something for a future slate.

Try making your own lineups without advice from others. See if you can improve doing your own thing. It’s ok to read the forums or look at some free projections just to see if there’s something your missing, yet afterwards then make your own decision regarding the players once your attention is called to them as a possible play.

I participate in the forums cause it’s entertaining for me, and when I have an opinion I’ll share it as I don’t mind helping, yet I’m not here to get advice on who to play.

So what you should do, is play the smaller games, and experiment with making your own lineups. If you fail or succeed, it’s not a lot of money, yet it should be entertaining and more rewarding as your lineups are your own. Then if you have some success or can even play to break even or slightly below, step it up and maybe you bink a good size GPP one day. Good luck

• Njsum1

@feekdogg said...

Get out of my head

• monarch

Roster construction on FD is tough with the salaries of Bron, Butler and PG13. They are all too expensive but some combination is likely required.

• colb24

Thoughts on dedmon? anyone watch Atlanta is he going to stay around 30 mins now or was that to just deal with drummond.

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@Nevs32 said...

Elving me your early lock of the day??

probably predicable but I’m starting my LUs right now with Jimmy + Bledsoe + Powell..strongly considering Dejounte but I need the news on the rest of the SA guys, if they’re going to be rested or not

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).