7:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -9.5 ) at New York ( 9.5 ) —- T: 222.5
    7:30 PM EST : Washington ( 11 ) at Toronto ( -11 ) —- T: 233.5
    8:00 PM EST : Memphis ( 2 ) at Chicago ( -2 ) —- T: 203
    8:00 PM EST : Houston ( 0 ) at Minnesota ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Miami ( 2.5 ) at Dallas ( -2.5 ) —- T: 208.5
    9:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 7.5 ) at Denver ( -7.5 ) —- T: 230
    10:30 PM EST : Golden State ( -4.5 ) at Portland ( 4.5 ) —- T: 235
    10:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( 0 ) at LA Clippers ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• be47320

how can embiid not go bananas tonight after last night…..80 FP incoming.

• frugal

@be47320 said...

how can embiid not go bananas tonight after last night…..80 FP incoming.

He’s going to have to do it like Vuc did last night mostly in the first half and get minutes deep into the second despite a big lead, can’t see NY keeping it close.

• mbunner23

@mtdurham said...

I saw him airball his first shot when he returned to action.

As a fairly elite shooter myself, I’m well aware of what an injury to a non-shooting hand will do. It still plays a part in the shot as it’s a hand you use to catch the pass and guide the ball towards the rim.

Ask youself how many rebounds and steals you expect him to collect tomorrow night. And whle dribbling isn’t something Klay does often anyway, i dont want anything that can negatively affect his performance on an 11 game slate.

But we’re burying the lede here. Cousins is out. That’s enough to make Klay a bad play at his elevated price IMO.

We should have a shoot off. Loser donates to charity.

• Ace15

Good, now i dont need to think about Nance at all. IF he goes off so be it. Man I was not on L.Will at all until everyone started talking about him. Is it just bc he went off and its PHX or what am I missing?

• ASitar

Are 3 Nets too many? Only doing 1 DK LU and it feels like a death wish and an early night. DRuss ($8,500), Crabbe ($3,700), Ed Davis ($3,500). But if DRuss goes for 50-55, Crabbe for 30-35, and Davis for 30-35 it makes sense.

• mtdurham

@frugal said...

But how does he get those dunk? Nance isn’t a guy who hangs in the low post waiting for passes to execute. even if playing C, he scores off the P&R as a slasher and operates at the elbow where he has a pretty good jumper. Zizic is a traditional C. While clearly he gets a boost with Zizic out, there’s room for both to succeed should Zizic start and Nance sees the same minutes he’s been seeing as their offensive roles differ greatly.

im not saying nance is unplayable at PF but he gains a TON of value at center…

if he’s the center he’s the guy involved in the PNR who is throwing down lobs or catching release passes…if Zizic is in, zizic isn’t a good enough 3 pint shooter to keep running nance in the PNR every play. Theyd jsut lay off Zizic and defend the PNR with an extra defender

If zizic is in he’s a post player so that’s less space for nance to operate and its more possessions where zizic has the ball operating in the post which renders nance totally ineffective.

Zizic is also the guy collectingthe offensive rebound putbacks in that scenario.

Defensively you want the center because he will be put into the main action most plays which gives him theopportunity for lots of blocks, steals, and rebounds instead of defending the corner 3…

It’s a huge difference on both ends of the court… particularly for someone like nance that isnt even really an effective basketball player at PF but is very effective at Center.

.On top of all that nance gets more mins with zizic out.. zizic being in or out is probably worth about 10-12 expected FPS for Nance tonight…. roughly half from the extended minutes and half from the higher FPS/min

• Kmasonbx

@ASitar said...

Hhmmm. In the 3 games vs Portland, Durant had a 32 point game and 2 25 point games (one of which was a trip dub). My gut tells me to stick w him. Someone mentioned Gerald Green earlier. I think he’s a good pick at $3,800. If his shot is falling he’ll hit 9x. What are your thoughts on Ed Davis tonight? I’m running w Lou/DRuss/Durant/Jokic so looking for a couple of diamonds in the rough.

Don’t ask me about Ed Davis I’m a sucker for him, probably played him more this year than anyone else on this board has. If he’s under 4k he’s always under consideration for me, would really like him if Zizic comes off the bench so that he can run circles around him.

• gaelicgirl

@Benf15harp said...

Lol
    Speaking of which……GG we are all set for tomorrow lol

Don’t forget the coffee, sweetie…I’m gonna need it LOL

• captainwacky

@Theguy49503 said...

Link

I don’t want to play Avery Bradley. I’ll be stoked if people chase, and don’t care if he scores 25 FP’s. If he gets 30+, I’ll lose money, but not sleep. Chalk Delon Wright makes it easier for everyone else to make good lineups. Now that’s gone.

• mtdurham

@be47320 said...

JVAL? B2B for a guy who has been babied for so long worries me

Jval had a thumb injury, right? Why would they be worried about a B2B?

• Benf15harp

@mbunner23 said...

All in.

• mbunner23

@Benf15harp said...

All in.

• Benf15harp

@gaelicgirl said...

Don’t forget the coffee, sweetie…I’m gonna need it LOL

Done! I’m flying in a legend for you Lmao

• Theguy49503

@captainwacky said...

I don’t want to play Avery Bradley. I’ll be stoked if people chase, and don’t care if he scores 25 FP’s. If he gets 30+, I’ll lose money, but not sleep. Chalk Delon Wright makes it easier for everyone else to make good lineups. Now that’s gone.

Ahhhhh. I see

• mtdurham

@roomchat said...

Does Zizic back make Chriss an even worse play than he already was?

it doesnt help i dont think but Chriss is more of a natural PF anyway….

if you like playing Chriss go ahead and get it all in now because next year he’ll be in europeand the Euroleague prize pools arent nearly as big

• Theguy49503

Soooo is the play for the Cavs now, Zivic and Osman?

• Barnabus

Anyone else playing Hayward?

• Matoshea

@Barnabus said...

Anyone else playing Hayward?

He played a lot of minutes last night(for him). That has me a bit worried.

• mtdurham

@Barnabus said...

I’m all in on Big Honey tonight, got some KAT and Siakam if Kawhi is out, is there a reason to stay away from Bagley tonight?

i dont like the matchup for bagley. and im a big bagley guy…. he doesnt have the bulk to defend a plumlee/jokic front line without fouling… i think bjelica has some sleeper value here

• Jonas137

@Theguy49503 said...

Soooo is the play for the Cavs now, Zivic and Osman?

I think the play is, it’s an 11 game slate and the Cavs aren’t the play now lol

• mtdurham

@mbunner23 said...

nah sounds like the charity is freerolling me… not a big fan of charities…most are scams…rather just help the economy by buying more beer.

• Kmasonbx

Ran some quick numbers on Nance in 430 minutes with either Frye (as Frye will defend the opposing center), Zizic or Thompson on the court, Nance is at 0.85ppm, although the bulk of that is his .79ppm in 305 minutes with TT on the court. In his 794 minutes with all 3 off the court he’s at 1.18ppm. It is important to note that in his 87.5 minutes with Zizic on he’s at 1.09ppm which is still plenty respectable but still well below his mark when being the clear center on the court.

• mtdurham

@captainwacky said...

Makes me kinda not want to touch the cavs at all. I think that if he and zizc are in, and Chriss gets minutes (who ironically might be the only one I end up with), that you live with whatever Nance ends up with comfortably if you fade him. Not to say he’s a bad play. Or just play clarkson and hope he chucks? It’s such a big slate though, I don’t know if there’s a need for these risks.

agree with all of this…

I’m a big fan of playing one guy who sucks at basketball on every team though so Cedi piques my interest a bit

my theory is that by sucking they keep their price/ownership down and the other team designs a game plan to trick that guy into shooting more often and occasionally they just go off….if that aligns with a night that more rebounds fall into their lap and the statkeeper drinks too many beers and randomly assigns steals/blocks to them he can really smash

But this Cavs-BKN game has a lot of cooks in the kitchen it might be a full fade potato for me…

• ASitar

The Nets/Cavs total is higher than I thought – 223.

• gaelicgirl

@mtdurham said...

I saw him airball his first shot when he returned to action.

Klay was 1-3 before he dislocated his finger and 8-11 (3-5 on 3s) afterward, including a dunk. He’s right as rain.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).