NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 1.5 ) at Boston ( -1.5 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Okla City ( 2 ) at New Orleans ( -2 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• superjon

Zion finally had his breakout game. Not too concerned with the price increase since his price has been rising non-stop on FD.

Do we think he gets 50 again?

What is the minimum he could get and still be a must play? 40-45?

• queensfinest

gallinari is only 5500 on dk. ummm wow okay lol

• kdsdawg

@superjon said...

Zion finally had his breakout game. Not too concerned with the price increase since his price has been rising non-stop on FD.

Do we think he gets 50 again?

What is the minimum he could get and still be a must play? 40-45?

wouldn’t it take Ingram being out again? He finally had is breakout game, because of Ingram. Holiday went off as well in the two games Ingram missed. Even in a two game slate I will need some Ingram news. Without Ingram I will be 100% Holiday and Zion. With Ingram it changes everything.

• superjon

yes Ingram news is big. also wouldn’t surprise me if one or two big pieces sit out the LAC/BOS game.

• superjon

RG tweeted out a comp of the dunk contest between AG and LaVine.

AG was straight up robbed.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #62

RG Tiered Ranking

@superjon said...

RG tweeted out a comp of the dunk contest between AG and LaVine.

AG was straight up robbed.

Yeah Casper’s dunks were way better. Best dunk contest in a very long time.

Edit: Just watched it and now I remember why he lost. Last dunk was just “okay”. But it shouldnt of even went to that last extra round

• JSteele

On first glance, I like SGA, Hayward, Kemba and Kawhi as my spend ups. Any of those 5k range guys are kinda the same to me. Hart, Smart, Fart. Dort is interesting as a cheapie but his minutes are down with Fergie back.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

@queensfinest said...

gallinari is only 5500 on dk. ummm wow okay lol

Where he should be. He has no ceiling.

• dominicanpapi

This feels like a game where Noel could get you 30 in 18-20 minutes.

• Sleazygreazy

@superstars92 said...

Where he should be. He has no ceiling.

He and Bojan Bogdonavic are physically unable to eclipse 6x and their price never drops.

• emnj69

u know pg or leonard are going to sit

• caleb21scott

How to be different on such a small slate? Maybe go SGA, German rondo, and cp3 in the same lineup? Maybe fade the klaw, pg and even tatum. Maybe leave a couple G’s on the table just to be different. Looks like a slate where there’s a 20 way tie at the top unless you hand craft a few unique lineups, which is going to be tough with not much reliable value just yet. Good luck to all!

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

Looks like DK decided to just let you play whoever you want today. You’d think with the lack of stud C’s, they might adjust pricing for it, but by basically being forced to go cheap there and with Kawhi at 9.1K the most expensive player, it pretty much opens whatever you could realistically want.

• gaelicgirl

Dame and the Blazers can’t catch a break! Hope it’s just a Grade 1 strain and he’s back soon.
    This is funny, BUT
    https://twitter.com/DaveDeckard/status/1227848634693144577?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1227848634693144577&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fportland-trail-blazers
    I’m not counting them out until the math says they’re out.

How are the Celtics favored to beat the Clippers, is it just home court advantage?

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

@gaelicgirl said...

How are the Celtics favored to beat the Clippers, is it just home court advantage?

Either end of road trip, going into the ASB blues, or they’ve convinced Kawhi or PG sit. Or i guess home court and Boston is a strong team.

• scott33

@dominicanpapi said...

This feels like a game where Noel could get you 30 in 18-20 minutes.

It does, I can see OKC possibly matching him up with Zion. Ownership will be lower than it should be on a 2 game slate after his last 2 duds, plus you got guys like Kawhi, Tatum, Zion, Theis, & even Melli in the same price range that most will gravitate to (FD).

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

Haven’t looked at FD yet, but Noel on DK makes too much sense. Literally opens up everything. Put Theis and Noel at C and utility and again, literally play whoever you want. How can it possibly fail?

• tmarohl

My guess is Ingram sits and give him a full week to recover over the all star break.

• ripking

Just make a dummy lineup, enter some contests and adjust at 755 eastern based on whose sitting. No need to stress about two games.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #62

RG Tiered Ranking

Status note: Jaylen Brown (calf) went through shootaround; to be a game-time decision Thursday.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #62

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

My guess is Ingram sits and give him a full week to recover over the all star break.

Agreed

• FantasySultan

2 games and late start. Last games before ASG.
    I’ll see you guys in 8 hours.

• dominicanpapi

@caleb21scott said...

How to be different on such a small slate? Maybe go SGA, German rondo, and cp3 in the same lineup? Maybe fade the klaw, pg and even tatum. Maybe leave a couple G’s on the table just to be different. Looks like a slate where there’s a 20 way tie at the top unless you hand craft a few unique lineups, which is going to be tough with not much reliable value just yet. Good luck to all!

I try and pay more attention to correlations and maybe DVP as well.

For example, this is a 14 game sample size. Since January 14, LAC are 8th worse against point guards. You’re asking, “why did you pick January 14?” Bev has missed 6 of those 14 games. If I want to shrink it beginning on the 22nd, that’s 10 games and the Clippers are 9th worse vs. point guards. Obviously Bev being out makes a huge difference on their defense. For the season, they are middle of the pack against point guards.

Something else I noticed during that time span, they are horrendous against centers and have been all year. So you’re thinking “oh okay, play Kanter.” Maybe, maybe not. Pay attention to who starts for the Clippers. Kanter is horrific against pick and roll, and that’s Williams/Harrell’s bread and butter. If the last game is any indication about the starting lineup moving forward, Lou played 35 minutes, 15 of those were without Harrell. Harrell played 24 minutes, so essentially like 90% of his minutes came with Lou on the floor. I don’t think this is a Kanter game, but I do like Theis in this spot tho.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #62

RG Tiered Ranking

Status note: Brandon Ingram (ankle) a game-time decision Thursday.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

@Sleazygreazy said...

He and Bojan Bogdonavic are physically unable to eclipse 6x and their price never drops.

Yea the thing about those 2 is that they actually are better in a short slate (like tonight) because you have less other guys who can realize their ceilings. So I guess for tonight, Gallo should be a fine pick, but if he was like 5.5k the entire season, I would pretty much never play him the entire season, just like I haven’t played him when he was like 6k.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.