NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 1.5 ) at Boston ( -1.5 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Okla City ( 2 ) at New Orleans ( -2 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• telestraightshooter

2 game slate… should provide an illustration of the mainSlate-cloneArmy’s affect on a main slate of only 2 games.

My above-the-cashLine % is much higher when I askew concentration of resources on main slate

• superstars92

You think everyone’s going to have the same cash lineup today?

• dominicanpapi

Correlations:

Paul only correlates well with Noel and Adams.

SGA correlates well with Schroeder.

Schroeder correlates well w/SGA, Gallinari, and Noel

Gallinari only correlates well with Schroeder

I think you can definitely play 4 Thunder players tonight. Noel is a deep GPP play b/c he essentially only plays whatever minutes Adams doesn’t play, but this is the type of game environment where he could thrive. I went back since January 1, and the only two teams that OKC has played that are ranked top 15 in pace were ATL and Phoenix. Adams missed 1 game, and in the other Noel played I believe 25 minutes. Now Adams had foul trouble so that might have played a role, who knows.

• gaelicgirl

@telestraightshooter said...

My above-the-cashLine % is much higher when I askew concentration of resources on main slate

Could you please say this another way?

I have no idea what this means.

• JSteele

@caleb21scott said...

How to be different on such a small slate? Maybe go SGA, German rondo, and cp3 in the same lineup? Maybe fade the klaw, pg and even tatum. Maybe leave a couple G’s on the table just to be different. Looks like a slate where there’s a 20 way tie at the top unless you hand craft a few unique lineups, which is going to be tough with not much reliable value just yet. Good luck to all!

No offense but this is kind of dumb. Correlation is a good start, you want players from the same team who tend to go off together or have a better chance to. Fading the highest owned/most expensive players is not a good idea because you will need the raw points. If Kawhi scores 50 its not a good point per dollar score but if Tatum busts and Zion busts, you’ll need him. Also odds are that if Kawhi sucks and you fade him, PG is the one going off, so you’ll want one of them for sure today.

Leaving a couple G is ok on some slates, but since you can’t fit all the top priced plays, you will need to make some decisions, which you should try to maximize the salary.

If you want to be different think about who the top plays are and make an appropriate pivot. For example, I expect Chris Paul to be highly owned today against New Orleans. I’d look at maybe playing Kemba instead (in a seemingly tough matchup, it’s not) and look at SGA or Schroder as the OKC guard to own. Getting Boston right would also be valuable as it could be Kemba, Jaylen, Hayward and Tatum that go off any game.

• tmarohl

Everyone bitching about the max entry players. Well, these two game slates, and those express slates is where they have the most advantage. This is when you can lock in a four or five man core and rotate the other plays around them. In ten game slates like last night, no telling who is going to go off and it is not as much as an advantage. Sure, they have more chances to win, because they have more lottery tickets. However, they can’t cover the vast majority of permutations. These short slates are where the average player, like most of us, should be playing light, as there is much less chance of holding the winning ticket.

• tmarohl

Shams Charania
    @ShamsCharania
    ·
    15m
    NBA Rising Stars roster update: New Orleans‘ Nicolo Melli is replacing Suns No. 1 pick Deandre Ayton on the World team.

• nerman

@tmarohl said...

Everyone bitching about the max entry players. Well, these two game slates, and those express slates is where they have the most advantage. This is when you can lock in a four or five man core and rotate the other plays around them. In ten game slates like last night, no telling who is going to go off and it is not as much as an advantage. Sure, they have more chances to win, because they have more lottery tickets. However, they can’t cover the vast majority of permutations. These short slates are where the average player, like most of us, should be playing light, as there is much less chance of holding the winning ticket.

Most nights you want to go single entry if your not mass entering contests anyway. But on a 2 game slate I won’t be throwing any darts into the big pools. It doesn’t excite me to split the grand prizes even if I did win.

• telestraightshooter

My dissent w/ rG Injury Reort today.
    Re: sans Ingram.

Per CourtIQ, Zion Williamson has seen the biggest usage bump with Ingram off the court this season, jumping +6.4% in usage and averaging 1.71 fantasy points per minute.

concur so far

Derrick Favors and Jrue Holiday also average roughly 1.2 fantasy points per minute

wrong!

1.2 fppm is based on season long.
    Minutes from October are….misleading….15 weeks later.

1.41 fppm is Jrue sans Ingram since Zion started playing

• dominicanpapi

My dissent w/ rG Injury Reort today.
    Re: sans Ingram.

Per CourtIQ, Zion Williamson has seen the biggest usage bump with Ingram off the court this season, jumping +6.4% in usage and averaging 1.71 fantasy points per minute.

concur so far

Derrick Favors and Jrue Holiday also average roughly 1.2 fantasy points per minute

wrong!

1.2 fppm is based on season long.
    Minutes from October are….misleading….15 weeks later.

Yeah, this isn’t a “Russ is out, play Harden” or “Harden is out, play Russ” situation. This is an extremely small sample size.

Brandon Ingram has missed 7 games this season.

vs. Houston on 11/11 – Ball and Zion were out.

vs. Clippers on 11/14 – Ball and Zion were out.

vs. Heat on 11/16 – Ball and Zion were out

vs. Warriors on 11/17 – Favors, Ball and Zion were out

vs. Pistons on 1/13 – Holiday, Favors, and Zion were out

vs. Pacers on 2/8 – Zion was out

We have 1 game to gauge how everyone else does w/out Ingram and that was the game vs. Portland earlier in the week and it was a blowout to boot.

• telestraightshooter

@gaelicgirl said...

Could you please say this another way?

I have no idea what this means.

• Main slates are a tarBaby
    • Express slates are the lane I should stay in.
    • optimizers aren’t “smart”, they are bullies, the voluminous army of clone
      LUs they generate create trains that win based on displacing the water in the cash contest bathtub.

(Chuckles) sorry for the obscure word construction, I disect supreme court opinions as a form of entertainment & supreme court justices specialize in obscure word construction to justify their cockamamie conclusions

• FantasySultan

@tmarohl said...

SE on anything less than 4 games.

• kahlilgedin

hopefully we don’t all have the same lineup tonight.

Here are my exposures: https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/the-little-engine-that-could-february-13th-2020-3301376

• gaelicgirl

Express slates are the lane I should stay in.

Today’s main slate looks exactly like an express slate; two games that start at the same time, limited player pool.
    I don’t understand what you mean by “askew concentration of resources on main slate,” but that’s okay.

• emnj69

@kahlilgedin said...

hopefully we don’t all have the same lineup tonight.

Here are my exposures: https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/the-little-engine-that-could-february-13th-2020-3301376

the line up I am entering will NOt be duplicated for sure by others-it also has a .00000000001% chance at probably winning lol

• Petergunz82

@Pandamonious said...

Haven’t looked at FD yet, but Noel on DK makes too much sense. Literally opens up everything. Put Theis and Noel at C and utility and again, literally play whoever you want. How can it possibly fail?

No Trez for 4500?

• MoccasinMusic

Kawhi or PG on DK?? I’m leaning Kawhi but I don’t want both.

• caleb21scott

Im talking about being contrarian enough to take down a GPP solo and not splitting the top prize 20 ways. And the only way I see that happening is making an insane lineup that doesn’t correlate or make any sense

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Petergunz82 said...

No Trez for 4500?

I’m probably just maxing the 4 point play tonight, and I’m sure I’ll have Trez somewhere, but I’ll play Theis much more than Trez.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@caleb21scott said...

Im talking about being contrarian enough to take down a GPP solo and not splitting the top prize 20 ways. And the only way I see that happening is making an insane lineup that doesn’t correlate or make any sense

So, your plan is create the most sub-optimal line up possible just so you might not tie for 1st, while most likely finishing outside the cash line?

Looking at your profile, you play DK, which there is always significantly smaller chances of ties at the top of GPP’s, due to the MPE factor.

If Ingram is out play Moore or Jackson, and play Zubac over Trez or something like that. Don’t have to get crazy or insane.

• Ace15

Going for the home run play tonight. All the JAH.

• JSteele

@caleb21scott said...

But that is counter productive by creating a lineup that doesn’t correlate and make any sense?? ok maybe in a world where Kawhi gets hurt early and PG doesn’t play or something would you fade both of those guys and maybe OKC/NO goes into triple OT and you need to load up on the end unit because everybody scores 40-50 FPTs.

I feel you should just try to find 4 to 5 guys you feel strongly about and then look at low owned plays that people aren’t looking at for the position you want.

Shamet
    Dort
    Morris
    Melli
    Zubac

to name a few

• madmanjayWV

@superjon said...

Zion finally had his breakout game. Not too concerned with the price increase since his price has been rising non-stop on FD.

Do we think he gets 50 again?

What is the minimum he could get and still be a must play? 40-45?

OPERATION FADE ZION!

• gaelicgirl

Wish FD would stop randomly changing positions. Favors was a PF Tuesday, today he’s a C.

• tmarohl

@caleb21scott said...

How is that different than any other slate, like last night for instance :)

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).