NBA FORUM

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

3:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -1 ) at Phoenix ( 1 ) — T: 221.5
    7:30 PM EST : Indiana ( -1.5 ) at Atlanta ( 1.5 ) — T: 224.5
    8:00 PM EST : Houston ( -1 ) at New York ( 1 ) —- T: 213
    8:30 PM EST : Brooklyn ( -4 ) at Golden State ( 4 ) — T: 245.5
    9:00 PM EST : Miami ( 6 ) at Utah ( -6 ) — T: 215.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• IT4MVP

What’s up with Capella’s minutes last couple games tho. I know they got blown out by SA

• Pandamonious

@IT4MVP said...

What’s up with Capella’s minutes last couple games tho. I know they got blown out by SA

Foul trouble against Dallas. Picked up 4th foul 1:30 into the 2nd half, then didn’t come back until the start of the 4th. Then got his 5th with 7:07 left in the game and never got put back in.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #35

RG Tiered Ranking

@Njsum1 said...

Even though I was responding to Brendan’s post, I did want to point out that any rules for playing Brooklyn players, including yours, are not based in fact, as evidenced by the outcomes. Didn’t want readers to follow bad advice. Just trying to help 😎

All 3 ON

Durant 28.5% Usage 1.24 FPPM
    Harden 20.7% Usage 1.24 FPPM
    Irving 24.6% Usage 1.16 FPPM

Kyrie OFF, KD/Harden ON

Durant 32% Usage 1.47 FPPM
    Harden 30.6% Usage 1.59 FPPM

Harden OFF, Kyrie/KD ON

Durant 28.9% Usage 1.36 FPPM
    Irving 29% Usage 1.28 FPPM

Durant OFF, Kyrie/Harden ON

Kyrie 32.5% Usage 1.34 FPPM
    Harden 22.6% Usage 1.17 FPPM

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #35

RG Tiered Ranking

Mitchell Robinson to undergo hand surgery; expected to miss 4-6 weeks. https://t.co/4MpQYs63yI

• Njsum1

@gaelicgirl said...

Your advice and opinions are always welcome, at least by me. What do you think about fading the Nets Big 3 if you’re only playing 1 LU on a 2- or 3-game slate, for leverage?
    Warriors are 3rd in opponent FGM at 39.0, 2nd in opponent FG% at 43.6. Yet the narrative that they don’t play defense somehow persists, apparently.

Thanks GG, as are your opinions by me.

I say go with your gut. If you’re not feeling any Nets players, don’t play them. Also, when you think for yourself, you’ll have a naturally contrarian lineup. So if you are right, that lineup has a chance to make some noise.

My point was that there’s no rule that works for when to play them. Sometimes when 2 guys are playing, one duds, Sometimes both go off. sometimes when all 3 are playing, 2 go off, sometimes 1.

Although possible, we just haven’t seen it yet, I would think it unlikely that all 3 could payoff their salaries when all are healthy.

• Njsum1

@theIrrigator said...

All 3 ON

Durant 28.5% Usage 1.24 FPPM
    Harden 20.7% Usage 1.24 FPPM
    Irving 24.6% Usage 1.16 FPPM

Kyrie OFF, KD/Harden ON

Durant 32% Usage 1.47 FPPM
    Harden 30.6% Usage 1.59 FPPM

Harden OFF, Kyrie/KD ON

Durant 28.9% Usage 1.36 FPPM
    Irving 29% Usage 1.28 FPPM

Durant OFF, Kyrie/Harden ON

Kyrie 32.5% Usage 1.34 FPPM
    Harden 22.6% Usage 1.17 FPPM

Those numbers are good to know, yet they still don’t dispute my point, which is that 1 or 2 of those guys “could” have and “have had” monster games when all 3 are healthy.

So, they are worth “sprinkling” in, because you will get them at low ownership (maybe not tonight on a 4 game slate), with slate breaking upside.

If you would have posted, “I won’t make anyone one of them a “core piece” when all 3 are healthy,” I’d have no response, as I would agree, yet to say that none are worth playing at all, is incorrect.

• Pandamonious

What I know about Durant is, since Harden arrived, he’s played 8 games. I’m not going to count his last game where he was in and out due to protocols and played 19 minutes.

Of those 8 games he’s hit, 62, 77, 53.8 52.3, 59.3. The other 3 games whatever.

The catch is:

62 : Against ORL, no Kyrie, and Harden’s debut
    77 : OT game against Cleveland, Durant played 50 minutes, all the big 3 played
    53.8 : No Kyrie
    52.3 : All 3 played
    59.3 ; BKN scored 146 points, and Harden didn’t play.

What that has to do with today, I don’t know. It doesn’t say anything concrete, but since Harden arrived, Durant’s big games (it’s only been 8 games), have had extenuating circumstances, with OT and incredibly high scoring the only way that can really be related to tonight, other than 52.3.

• Brendan239

My BKN rules are there because Kyrie has a 55-60 point game every 4ish games in a position that’s usually stacked, KD has a 70 point ceiling and sucks up usage and when he’s out Harden has 70 point upside and sucks up usage.

In regards to the divorce, I just started a new sales job (merchant services) and although I’m doing well she helps with a few bills and I DO still enjoy spending time with her 😉, but last August I found out she was cheating on me, pretty crazy story actually. She worked with him at the airport and he has a wife and kids (Haitian guy that owns a carpet cleaning biz). She betrayed me pretty bad though and it was more than hanging out. I cook for her, do a lot with the kids, we make $, travel a lot, go out to dinner a lot. But to my, loyalty is royalty. I’m 38, she’s a hot Puerto Rican and I have a 13 yr old she has a 16 yr old and we have a house and a puppy and that’s the only thing thing us together. It’s not a matter of IF, but when. Binking a big tourney just allows me to not stress financially while my biz picks up because she’ll move out quick when I end it. I’ve threaten it but we’re “working on things”. Just need $20k+ and I’ll kick her out. That is all.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #35

RG Tiered Ranking

How long does Noel stay on the Court before Boogie puts him in foul trouble?

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #35

RG Tiered Ranking

Yesterday he picked up 3 fouls in 4 mins. Maybe he will be more careful today

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

Only if they draw a bad ref crew

I’m sure you will be all over that and report your findings.

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

Wait…can we stake Brendan’s divorce? Maybe people should stake Brendan on FD tonight, only if he promises to have minimal Iggy exposure.

In full disclosure, I built one lineup last night for today’s slate on FD, and I actually had Iggy in it.

• gaelicgirl

@Brendan239 said...

I’m 38, she’s a hot Puerto Rican and I have a 13 yr old she has a 16 yr old and we have a house and a puppy and that’s the only thing thing us together.

If you do get divorced, make sure you get custody of the puppy, who will always be loyal.

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

Just curious if other women are beating down your door to date you.

Maybe Brendan is a chick magnet.

• BiGtIGeRs

@Brendan239 said...

My BKN rules are there because Kyrie has a 55-60 point game every 4ish games in a position that’s usually stacked, KD has a 70 point ceiling and sucks up usage and when he’s out Harden has 70 point upside and sucks up usage.

In regards to the divorce, I just started a new sales job (merchant services) and although I’m doing well she helps with a few bills and I DO still enjoy spending time with her 😉, but last August I found out she was cheating on me, pretty crazy story actually. She worked with him at the airport and he has a wife and kids (Haitian guy that owns a carpet cleaning biz). She betrayed me pretty bad though and it was more than hanging out. I cook for her, do a lot with the kids, we make $, travel a lot, go out to dinner a lot. But to my, loyalty is royalty. I’m 38, she’s a hot Puerto Rican and I have a 13 yr old she has a 16 yr old and we have a house and a puppy and that’s the only thing thing us together. It’s not a matter of IF, but when. Binking a big tourney just allows me to not stress financially while my biz picks up because she’ll move out quick when I end it. I’ve threaten it but we’re “working on things”. Just need $20k+ and I’ll kick her out. That is all.

Is she going to get half of that 20k

• Wooden_Bones

@theIrrigator said...

Mitchell Robinson to undergo hand surgery; expected to miss 4-6 weeks. https://t.co/4MpQYs63yI

Yeah, I wasn’t sure how earlier he was questionable with a fractured hand.

• tmarohl

@theIrrigator said...

How long does Noel stay on the Court before Boogie puts him in foul trouble?

How does Boogie playing on the perimeter put someone in foul trouble?

• Brendan239

@BiGtIGeRs said...

Is she going to get half of that 20k

That’s why I’m shooting for $70k+. Taxes and in case I HAVE to split it with her (I can withdraw it after the ink dries). Next Sunday is our 6 year anniversary so today or tomorrow would be a good day to do it.

• charara1224

Also regarding capela apparently hes been dealing with right hand soreness that he says has been bothering him

• Pandamonious

@charara1224 said...

Also regarding capela apparently hes been dealing with right hand soreness that he says has been bothering him

Yeah, I don’t think that’s an issue I’d worry about though. He lost minutes to a blowout, before than foul trouble, before that a perfectly good DFS game against Toronto.

That hand thing is pretty old too. I think it was 3 weeks ago ATL had a wild weekend. Since then Capela had the sore hand, Trae had a bad back, and Hunter has had knee issues.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@Pandamonious said...

Regarding KD, does it matter if it’s in Golden State, when there’s no fans there?

Home players get a bump of 2% on blocks and 1% on assists.
    The home/road effect has been minimal this year compared to past years.

• noddy

@Brendan239 said...

Sorry to hear about your difficult circumstances.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

Early build, I keep landing on R.J. Barrett.

I can’t wait to gif this comment with the Mr. Rogers Clown mask gif.

• Brendan239

@noddy said...

Sorry to hear about your difficult circumstances.

Thank you. I work in the field a lot (while she works from home) and I go to LA Fitness a couple of hours/day so I keep busy and my 13 yr old plays pee wee football and trains a lot. I’m more ready to accept making the decision to end it because all the things I know she did (I have all the texts) I can’t forget and she may do it again. Plus y’all keep me entertained.

• ctmay1

Aww, fanduel contest filled. When was there enough for 15? Lol

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).