NBA FORUM

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

3:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -1 ) at Phoenix ( 1 ) — T: 221.5
    7:30 PM EST : Indiana ( -1.5 ) at Atlanta ( 1.5 ) — T: 224.5
    8:00 PM EST : Houston ( -1 ) at New York ( 1 ) —- T: 213
    8:30 PM EST : Brooklyn ( -4 ) at Golden State ( 4 ) — T: 245.5
    9:00 PM EST : Miami ( 6 ) at Utah ( -6 ) — T: 215.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• IT4MVP

Mitchell/Green or Randle/Sterling ????

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@theIrrigator said...

Just too many cooks in the kitchen

I think the knicks had a good thing going and then they decided to bring in Rose…. we’ll see…. reminds me of the clippers last year bringing in bug eyes.. :/

• Bkbrlr

@Brendan239 said...

2 fave Superdraft plays? Ingles @ 1.75x and Butler at 1.3x?

I like Oubre at 1.55. I wasn’t on Ingles, but I might. I like Mitchell and Gobert.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Too much HOU love in the projections imo…. sure, Dipo is out, but the knicks have been playing good D

• Pandamonious

@mbunner23 said...

Couple thoughts: Noel is a toothpick. Boogie will have his way.

Everyone knows I hate narratives. I’m not on that game because there’s narratives. I’m on it because both teams stink defensively. Simple as that for me.

Golden State sucks defensively?

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #35

RG Tiered Ranking

@Golfnut04240 said...

Who will be the random player that goes off and wins someone a GPP on DK? That is the question

Gallinari

• jayzee666

@Pidinolo said...

Your math is incorrect. I get your point, but the point is to get max value out of each dollar spent no matter where it comes from. Forcing in 3k guys to get 10 x is a common mistake quite a few make, assuming they can find the correct spend ups to balance out that extra salary saved. Either way noel will easily go 8-10 x.

That is good for me then. My 10k plays will 3X while Noel gets 10X. Everything evens out nicely!!

• rstylz

@Golfnut04240 said...

Who will be the random player that goes off and wins someone a GPP on DK? That is the question

Thats what i have been trying to figure out for the last 2 hours. Nothing is popping.

I look at my LU and I have tried to stay away from the super chalk with no success.

I think i am just going to play a cash style LU in GPPs tonight.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #35

RG Tiered Ranking

Probably not but maybe they just tighten the rotation and Gallinari gets Snell’s mins

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@Pandamonious said...

In first with the….Now I have to panic and redo everything joke!

In all seriousness, this put Skylar Mays on my radar.

• monarch

What’s up with Capela’s minutes of late?

• mbunner23

@Pandamonious said...

Hear me out: stats don’t show everything.

GS plays fast. Steph is terribly defensively. Brooklyn will look to exploit him. 1 of Harden or Kyrie will have a game here. If Brooklyn goes small with KD at the 5, this game will be a track meet. Wiggins is also terrible on the defensive end.

That red 2nd for GS defense against wings is misleading on DK.

I think Steph and Draymond eat. KD and one of Ree/Harden go ham sammy.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@mbunner23 said...

I hate narratives.

Me too, but only because I haven’t found a good way to quantify them.

Like, having a tool on how players generally do on their birthdays.
    Or the dreaded Bobblehead MLB narrative. Whenever someone homers on their Bobblehead day, everyone knows about it, but you never hear about the guy that went 0-4 with 3 ks on their bobblehead day.

• Pandamonious

@monarch said...

Big blowout and foul trouble last 2.

• RipCityRings

@monarch said...

See Panda on page 3:

“Yeah, I don’t think that’s an issue I’d worry about though. He lost minutes to a blowout, before than foul trouble, before that a perfectly good DFS game against Toronto.”

• rstylz

@theIrrigator said...

Gallinari

Do you like Gallo over House?

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

Big blowout and foul trouble last 2.

Thanks.

I am feeling this slate.

• RipCityRings

I keep imagining Wiggins/Oubre foul trouble leading to a Bazemore game, but it’s a tough call with Sterling/Paschall/Nwaba all right there on DK.

• Pandamonious

@mbunner23 said...

Hear me out: stats don’t show everything.

GS plays fast. Steph is terribly defensively. Brooklyn will look to exploit him. 1 of Harden or Kyrie will have a game here. If Brooklyn goes small with KD at the 5, this game will be a track meet. Wiggins is also terrible on the defensive end.

That red 2nd for GS defense against wings is misleading on DK.

I think Steph and Draymond eat. KD and one of Ree/Harden go ham sammy.

Makes sense. I realize a team being ranked highly in defensive efficiency doesn’t mean they can’t be exploited in this game, was just making sure you were talking about what I think you’re talking about, because saying they stink defensively seems sort of extreme, but yeah. That’s kind of how they were in their championship years too, in that they were always ranked well metrically on the defensive end, but got into their share of track meet high scoring games.

• Njsum1

@Pidinolo said...

Your math is incorrect

I didn’t really do any math, yet the math I did is not incorrect. 8x for a 5k player is 40 points or 5x +15. 10x for a 3k player is 30 points or 5x +15.

Now I don’t know what Noel will do, yet to say he’ll easily hit the upper end of his range and get 31-40 DK is a stretch.

• gaelicgirl

@Pandamonious said...

https://twitter.com/warriors/status/1360697756092874753

• ctmay1

Also Cousins at 1.65x

• Herf

Miami will try to match Utah’s three point barrage and Kelly Olynyk will have a big game at a decent price.

Just a hunch for a big who likes to chuck it from deep.

• Pandamonious

@gaelicgirl said...

Interesting. He’s 7th among SF’s, or would be 6th among SG’s in DRPM too. I guess Harden is getting shut down tonight?!

• mbunner23

@gaelicgirl said...

There’s so many other factors. I’m not a GS homer like you so you could fill me in.

Still early in the season, I wonder who’s guarding the other teams best perimeter player every night. Is it Wiggins or Oubre?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).