NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( 3 ) at Orlando ( -3 ) —- T: 215
    7:30 PM EST : New York ( 7 ) at Atlanta ( -7 ) —- T: 224
    8:00 PM EST : Okla City ( -4.5 ) at New Orleans ( 4.5 ) —- T: 237.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• ScofieldReturns

switching to yahoo as of today, any advice for a beginner? i’m stacking RWB+pg13 and filling it out from there

• superjon

FD raised the prices on a lot of guys. Some guys like Vuc and Kemba are at (or close to) the highest they’ve been all year.

Going to make for some tough decisions, especially if you aren’t playing a ton of line ups.

• CJtheGrump

Fun fact about last night’s slate that might make you question everything:

You could have built a lineup using only players from the 5K range on DK, and taken down a GPP.

Additional facts:
    There were 37 players available in that range.
    15 of them played more than 30 minutes.
    The players who played more than 30 minutes averaged 39DK points
    Taking the top 8 salaries from that range, regardless of position, netted 313.5 DK
    Since you need a C, drop Reggie Jackson and use Jarrett Allen, and you end up with a valid lineup scoring 333DK
    10 of the 15 5K-5999 plays were expected to play more than 30 mins per RG’s LineupHQ default projections
    Lineups with combinations from that set of players ranged from 277 DK to 355 DK.

Edit: The best possible score from the 5K range was 380 because some of those players were not expected to play more than 30 minutes, but either did anyway, or went nuts so that they didn’t need 30 minutes to get that score.

• Donnyleonard

Anyone know why Ross had a dud vs NO 2 nights ago? Foul trouble? I had him on a lot of my lineups

• Ace15

Soo tonight we need raw points right??

Going back to knox bc im tilted and stacking kemba/lamb/zeller pray for triple ot

• scott33

@Donnyleonard said...

Anyone know why Ross had a dud vs NO 2 nights ago? Foul trouble? I had him on a lot of my line ups and obv was a big loser

Wasn’t foul trouble. He just had an off night, & the game got so out of hand that he wasn’t needed much of the 2nd half. Pretty sure Fournier & Gordon were the only “regulars” who saw blowout minutes.

• Donnyleonard

scott33
    Thanks!

Kadeem Allen or Trae for Chalkiest of the night lol.

• Donnyleonard

Would call this a “revenge” game for Mack but he’s been on so many teams that he could have a “revenge” game almost nightly.

• BUFUu2

@Donnyleonard said...

scott33
    Thanks!

this is why i am going to go with trier i am hoping he still gets 30 mins again tonight for 3300 on dk he may go over looked

• BUFUu2

at first thought i hated this slate but actually there is a great deal of value for a 3 game slate anyone stacking that okc NO game….

• scott33

@Donnyleonard said...

scott33
    Thanks!

I’m thinking Mitchell Robinson ownership is gonna be sky high after yesterday’s performance. Yesterday was honestly the first time I didn’t have exposure to him in the last 2 weeks. It was painful watching him beast in the 2nd half last night. I’ll have a ton of him & Zeller on Yahoo in the lineups where I don’t pay up for Vuc. Speaking of Vuc, he should dominate that soft Charlotte interior tonight.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@BUFUu2 said...

at first thought i hated this slate but actually there is a great deal of value for a 3 game slate anyone stacking that okc NO game….

Yeah. I normally don’t like small slates like this, but this one is loaded for 3 games. All 3 games are stack-able. You can pretty much do whatever you want.

• ScofieldReturns

@scott33 said...

I’m thinking Mitchell Robinson ownership is gonna be sky high after yesterday’s performance. Yesterday was honestly the first time I didn’t have exposure to him in the last 2 weeks. It was painful watching him beast in the 2nd half last night. I’ll have a ton of him & Zeller on Yahoo in the lineups where I don’t pay up for Vuc. Speaking of Vuc, he should dominate that soft Charlotte interior tonight.

i’m on both zeller and robinson, been very consistent lately. what cheap guys you like on yahoo? i’ve got ferguson in there at min, debating if moore is viable, if 14 is too much for kadeem and if any of the hawks wings will go off

• BUFUu2

@Pandamonious said...

Yeah. I normally don’t like small slates like this, but this one is loaded for 3 games. All 3 games are stack-able. You can pretty much do whatever you want.

exactly i am thinking brow/westy/george core if brow gets some good run today can make it work pretty easy actually

• Pandamonious

The other nice thing about this slate is there shouldn’t be much in the way of news if any. Schroder and Grant already out. I can’t imagine OKC rests anyone. ATL/NY have no reason to rest anyone as they’re trying to develop their guys. ORL and CHA are battling for playoff spots, sort of, so I doubt they rest anyone. The only thing would be NO sitting Davis.

• Pandamonious

@BUFUu2 said...

exactly i am thinking brow/westy/george core if brow gets some good run today can make it work pretty easy actually

Yeah this was my first build. Multiple cheap quality options to make it work in different ways.

• got9forya

I really feel like not playing Vuc on FD tonight. for that price tag I dont see him worth is with other players in the Center porsition that have good matchups and play the money elsewhere

• BUFUu2

@Pandamonious said...

The other nice thing about this slate is there shouldn’t be much in the way of news if any. Schroder and Grant already out. I can’t imagine OKC rests anyone. ATL/NY have no reason to rest anyone as they’re trying to develop their guys. ORL and CHA are battling for playoff spots, sort of, so I doubt they rest anyone. The only thing would be NO sitting Davis.

i think davis will play only 24 mins the other night and the game is in NO i am hoping he gets 30mins tonight at least and hell crush for the 9k price tag

• Kmasonbx

What are people doing with AD on DK? 9k coming off that massive dud but he put up 51 the previous two games. I’m leaning towards running 2 lineups tonight, 1 with and without AD. It’s entirely possible he and that entire team has checked out but on the flipside I think AD specifically but the Pels as a whole show some pride after that embarrasing effort on Tuesday.

• Donnyleonard

@Kmasonbx said...

It’s entirely possible he and that entire team has checked out but on the flipside I think AD specifically but the Pels as a whole show some pride after that embarrasing effort on Tuesday

I think you’re correct but it just depends on how much on court time the staff allow him.

• feekdogg

Jamming in 4 cheap Knicks, hoping 3 of them do enough to not sink me.

• BUFUu2

@Kmasonbx said...

What are people doing with AD on DK? 9k coming off that massive dud but he put up 51 the previous two games. I’m leaning towards running 2 lineups tonight, 1 with and without AD. It’s entirely possible he and that entire team has checked out but on the flipside I think AD specifically but the Pels as a whole show some pride after that embarrasing effort on Tuesday.

personally if you are running a lot of lineups you have to include him if he isn’t ruled out. My single entry lineups i am going to go more balanced and the gpps i am running are going to be a little star and scrubish

• mtdurham

i would like a word with the DK employee who determined that $14 was the appropriate entry fee for the main event this evening.

And another word with the DK employee who determined the most appropriate name for that event was “The LoveBug”.

Was every other name on the planet already in use or something?

First of all, DFS players are soulless, selfish individuals with no time to love another human being. I for one have basically become celibate since I started playing DFS.

Yesterday when i went to the grocery store i saw a bunch of valentines promotional gifts and such and thought “What a bunch of suckers buying this stuff for women, do you have any idea how many lineups I could build featuring a “Jabari Parker & Brad Beal stack and then run it back with Kyle Lowry if Kawhi is out for the price of these chocolates that have been marked up 100% of their normal retail value?!”

• mtdurham

My goodness at $9k the slate really becomes all about “Do i play Anthony Davis or not…

Any guesses on ownership? I’m thinking about 40% sounds right?

I mean for every guy who thinks “No way I can play him” there is one guy thinking “OMG WTF BBQ AD $9k?!”

Right?

Personally, i think he’s a better play in Single Entry than in MME…. in MME there will be plenty of people who play him because they feel they need exposure…. in single entry it’s a bit more of a leap of faith

• Kmasonbx

@mtdurham said...

Personally, i think he’s a better play in Single Entry than in MME…. in MME there will be plenty of people who play him because they feel they need exposure…. in single entry it’s a bit more of a leap of faith

I’m thinking this as well, he may be 40% in 20 and 150 entry tournaments but half that in SE. I’ve actually been taking the approach lately of going a little more high risk with my SE lineups while everyone else is putting their cash game lineup in them. Allows for some nice ownership benefits.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).