NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( 3 ) at Orlando ( -3 ) —- T: 215
    7:30 PM EST : New York ( 7 ) at Atlanta ( -7 ) —- T: 224
    8:00 PM EST : Okla City ( -4.5 ) at New Orleans ( 4.5 ) —- T: 237.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Ace15 said...

Doubt we can get him @ <1% like Napier yesterday lol

Nah, I know. I’m just hoping 5-10% as opposed to 15%. I think he can get lost in all the value. On DK at least there’s just so many guys under 4K who could pop off big games tonight. Kind of why just playing AD makes sense. You’re not sacrificing a lot to fit him in. Really, I also have no issues building RWB/PG/Vuc line ups there either.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@captainwacky said...

Bingo. Which has also probably been historically the case, but information wasn’t spread as easily. I’m 31, which kinda bridges the gap between the ‘growing up without the internet’ age and everything going forward. I think that while there are widespread increases in quality in nearly every sector, human nature is to focus on the trainwrecks, so we point at all the things that bug us and say “look, this is worse!”

In terms of entitlement, that might be something that comes with the times— things just ARE easier, and it I also find it strange that people have gripes with that. That should be our goal as a society.

I have been working with kids, mostly high school age, for quite a long time and I am bit older than you.

While I agree with most of what you say, one thing is definitely worse.
    The amount of information received by the new generations (that grew with the internet) is enormous. But also enormously unverified and terrifyingly shallow add to that that many lack the fundamental cultural base to discern and we are growing a generation of incredibly ignorant humans that OTOH think they know everything

• DrLost

Yeee well thank you for making me smile today haha

and yeah I play DK, not sure how it works on FD

• ASitar

Fournier or Ross?

• captainwacky

@frugal said...

Well, because the downside is we become blobs riding around in floating wheelchairs like in the movie Wall-E. I’m 44, so lived pretty much half my life without the internet. There certainly are many benefits but just as many pitfalls. For example, information is available at a mind-boggling rate. However, there are no gate keepers of that flow and as such the large portions are incorrect, often maliciously so. Social media allows us to share and live vicariously though others, and yet often presents unrealistic pictures of what other’s lives are like. We have instant communication, yet we opt to limit it to 120 characters at a time, etc, etc, etc.

Totally agree— it’s not an untapped fountain of benefits, but nothing in the world ever has been. The mind-boggling rate is the key in both directions, and it lets exceedingly cool things get proliferated at rates they never would have… but also makes dumber things (like celebrity culture and hatred towards almost anything) easier to consolidate and rally around.

The no gatekeepers portion that you mentioned is the biggest issue, or at least the hardest one to solve.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #27

RG Tiered Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

This is also should secure a few extra minutes for Bembry.

Yep and I kinda of want to play some Bazemore again even though it burned me last game, surely Vince Carter doesnt get 24 mins again. Its impossible to figure out there rotations

• draggin49

Anyone wanna give some insight on Aaron Gordon ? I honestly hate playing the guy , he usully duds more often than not when I use him. Is this a good matchup for him?
    I’m on dk playing gpp’s so if gordon goes for only 30 something DK pts im screwed cuz some cheap guy will go for 30 something DK pts

• mambaland

did anyone get the FD survivor link worth 70k ? i did not but heard some did

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@draggin49 said...

Anyone wanna give some insight on Aaron Gordon ? I honestly hate playing the guy , he usully duds more often than not when I use him. Is this a good matchup for him?
    I’m on dk playing gpp’s so if gordon goes for only 30 something DK pts im screwed cuz some cheap guy will go for 30 something DK pts

I think it’s a good enough match up. It’s not elite or anything. I’m using him, but playing a lot of line ups. I’m playing him, because I legit think he can get 45-50, not because he might only get 30. I’d probably have to play 4 line ups to have him in 1.

• Abhi

Fournier cash Ross GPP

• terlingua

I’m the oldest one here. I know that because I’m the oldest one anywhere. People at large have not really deteriorated but a certain segment has.

Money is destroying life on earth. I don’t mean millionaires, who cares about that. Billionaires – the gap is so wide between the few with real money and power and the bottom 99%.

The tipping point is here. The environment is almost beyond repair. Ben and his concern for wildlife, while incredibly noble is nearing the futile effort stage. Money dictates policy.

It started to really take hold in the early 70’s. The meme became government is bad – big business is good…the Powell memo and so on.

A generation that started out with promise (yep the hippies) turned out to be the most selfish generation in centuries. They actually in large part support the garbage that’s going on – all in the name of hating progress, progressives, government etc.

It’s now very late in the game. It will soon be a worldwide kleptocracy, unless massive changes occur – like now.

A system cannot exist where the few have so much and the many have so little.

Uh well so, how’s Davis gonna do? lol

• ghostfacekicker

Firing up Nerlens Nerlajuwon!

• ASitar

@callmetouch said...

Ya’ll can play AD. Full fade for me. Especially before the all star break. Hope he’s 99.9% owned

You raise a very good point. He’ll prob play tonight like most ppl work the day before a holiday. I have him in 2/3 $14 DK LUs but will prob reduce to 1 jjuuusstt in case he blows up 1st half. I think he puts up 70% of his points in the 1st half.

• callmetouch

@ghostfacekicker said...

Why. What changes today? Nothing

• mbunner23

Anybody going to play some Cody Zeller with me?

• ghostfacekicker

Yes we are farcked! Enjoy life while you can. We should really bring the pitchforks out. We’re on borrowed time anyway. The probability something from outer space crashes into Earth and flings all of us into the solar system is pretty high.

Think about this. If recorded history is say, 10,000 years old. Whose to say another civilization didn’t have a 10K year run the got wiped out? We always assume “something would be left from that Civilization we would know” but how do we know those things aren’t all around us? Perhaps buried under the ice caps at the poles?

NERLENS NOLAJUWON LET’S GO!!!! ALL THE F IN!!!!

• callmetouch

@mbunner23 said...

Yessssssir. 30+ minutes

• Benf15harp

@terlingua said...

I’m the oldest one here. I know that because I’m the oldest one anywhere. People at large have not really deteriorated but a certain segment has.

Money is destroying life on earth. I don’t mean millionaires, who cares about that. Billionaires – the gap is so wide between the few with real money and power and the bottom 99%.

The tipping point is here. The environment is almost beyond repair. Ben and his concern for wildlife, while incredibly noble is nearing the futile effort stage. Money dictates policy.

It started to really take hold in the early 70’s. The meme became government is bad – big business is good…the Powell memo and so on.

A generation that started out with promise (yep the hippies) turned out to be the most selfish generation in centuries. They actually in large part support the garbage that’s going on – all in the name of hating progress, progressives, government etc.

It’s now very late in the game. It will soon be a worldwide kleptocracy, unless massive changes occur – like now.

Whoa!
    1. Wild tiger population is on the rise thank you very much
    2. No frisbee for you

• ghostfacekicker

@callmetouch said...

Why. What changes today? Nothing

Grant is out. Go ahead play Patterson, I dare you. I triple dog dare you!

I was going to play Robinson or Vucevic but Noel should be good for 25 fantasy points. You heard it here!

• monarch

I’m getting too much Kornet. Pretty decent three games in four days for the Knicks with travel involved each day plus they want to lose and the Hawks prefer to stay big. I can see the Hawks blowing them out and Allen, Kornet, Robinson getting extended playing time.

And he’s starting at 3200 vs a team that is weak vs the three.

• mambaland

@terlingua said...

certain segment has.

who left the liberal talking points in the thread…climate LOL…move along bernie your done

• captainwacky

@ghostfacekicker said...

Grant is out. Go ahead play Patterson, I dare you. I triple dog dare you!

I was going to play Robinson or Vucevic but Noel should be good for 25 fantasy points. You heard it here!

I love Noel, and have plenty, but playing Patterson has nothing to do with playing Noel.

• BerkeleyBoss

@mambaland said...

who left the liberal talking points in the thread…climate LOL…move along bernie your done

Oh god, please stop lol

• ASitar

@ghostfacekicker said...

I thought about it but he’s gotten 25+ min before and done nothing with them. Rather play Spellman or Iwundo

• mambaland

@mbunner23 said...

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).