NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( 3 ) at Orlando ( -3 ) —- T: 215
    7:30 PM EST : New York ( 7 ) at Atlanta ( -7 ) —- T: 224
    8:00 PM EST : Okla City ( -4.5 ) at New Orleans ( 4.5 ) —- T: 237.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• BUFUu2

@wafic said...

So clearly playing Kemba and Young tonight is gonna give you some massive leverage. I’ll have what i perceive to be the chalky RWB, AD, PG stack but I’ll fade them entirely in other builds.

on a 3 game slate you can’t just look at chalk man….. That is the last of my worries its the scrubs you have to get right

• Njsum1

@Kmasonbx said...

Horford was nearly a lock for me, I’m wondering if anyone who didn’t consider him or only gave him vague consideration would mind sharing what it was that they didn’t like

This is easy….Stevens said they were going to limit his minutes. Otherwise he would have been much higher owned.

• frugal

@Kmasonbx said...

I know it was yesterday but I was completely shocked by Al Horford ownership. The guy just smashed Philly gets a price decrease then goes against Detroit’s size with no Baynes, no Kyrie, no Rozier and was only 6% owned on DK? Horford was nearly a lock for me, I’m wondering if anyone who didn’t consider him or only gave him vague consideration would mind sharing what it was that they didn’t like.

The news of potential minutes limit.

• Njsum1

@BUFUu2 said...

on a 3 game slate you can’t just look at chalk man….. That is the last of my worries its the scrubs you have to get right

Not gonna try to guess the scrubs….I’m viewing the cheap Knicks players as a package tonight. I’ll play 4 of the cheapies (maybe Knox too) and my hope is that between the 4, I should get some decent fanatasy points. Like a 6x return.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #89

RG Tiered Ranking

@Kmasonbx said...

I know it was yesterday but I was completely shocked by Al Horford ownership. The guy just smashed Philly gets a price decrease then goes against Detroit’s size with no Baynes, no Kyrie, no Rozier and was only 6% owned on DK? Horford was nearly a lock for me, I’m wondering if anyone who didn’t consider him or only gave him vague consideration would mind sharing what it was that they didn’t like.

I dumped him when it came out that the coach said he was going to “monitor his minutes.”

• frugal

Wow, PF is tough on Yahoo tonight if you want to squeeze in 2 studs. Not sure I can make that work.

• BerkeleyBoss

@frugal said...

I think it will be competitive unless NOP is just so broken that they aren’t going to give any effort when AD is on the floor. If it is an absolute slaughter, I can see either of the PG’s in the NY/ATL game or Kemba scoring around the same as Westbrook and Isaac or Collins coming around the same as PG.

Yeah, I think that’s a reasonable way to think about a 3 game slate. I don’t expect to see the same AD that we saw last game, especially since they’re at home. He looked pretty bad after last game and I’m not sure he has any interest in becoming an NBA villain.

• Njsum1

@BerkeleyBoss said...

Yeah, I think that’s a reasonable way to think about a 3 game slate. I don’t expect to see the same AD that we saw last game, especially since they’re at home. He looked pretty bad after last game and I’m not sure he has any interest in becoming an NBA villain.

Feels like AD is going to go off here

DK…feels like DK is daring you not to play him. Or are they daring you to play him 🤷‍♂️

• Kmasonbx

Man, sometimes it’s good to miss some news, lol. I completely missed the minutes limit thing but I probably still would have played him because I would have taken it as instead of 35 minutes they’d try to keep him to 30. I mean what were they going to do, play Theis 25 minutes and let him get abused on the boards by Drummond? Thanks for the info guys.

• stugots219

@CJtheGrump said...

Fun fact about last night’s slate that might make you question everything:

You could have built a lineup using only players from the 5K range on DK, and taken down a GPP.

Additional facts:
    There were 37 players available in that range.
    15 of them played more than 30 minutes.
    The players who played more than 30 minutes averaged 39DK points
    Taking the top 8 salaries from that range, regardless of position, netted 313.5 DK
    Since you need a C, drop Reggie Jackson and use Jarrett Allen, and you end up with a valid lineup scoring 333DK
    10 of the 15 5K-5999 plays were expected to play more than 30 mins per RG’s LineupHQ default projections
    Lineups with combinations from that set of players ranged from 277 DK to 355 DK.

Edit: The best possible score from the 5K range was 380.

Based on this what does this whole fantasy DFS tell you? Throw a dart and roster whoever it lands on. 95% luck.

• Njsum1

@stugots219 said...

Based on this what does this whole fantasy DFS tell you? Throw a dart and roster whoever it lands on. 95% luck.

Profiting over the course of a season without any major wins is not luck. Winning a large field GPP…imo is a bit luck based, especially if you only make a couple of lineups per night.

Of course luck is involved on a day to day basis, yet consistently profiting over a season without binking more than ones expected share, I don’t think is luck. I’d say 2/3 skill 1/3 luck. Maybe 3/4 skill 1/4 luck. Luck of course plays a part, yet skill plays a bigger one…imo

• BerkeleyBoss

@Njsum1 said...

Feels like AD is going to go off here

DK…feels like DK is daring you not to play him. Or are they daring you to play him 🤷‍♂️

For sure. The price is probably a bit too low, but I like how aggressive DK got with it. He’ll probably be in nearly every one of my lineups there.

• Kmasonbx

@stugots219 said...

I think what you missed about this was 10 of the 15 guys who played 30 minutes were expected to play 30 minutes. So at least 10 of these guys it was very reasonable to think they were in position for a big game.

• frugal

Wow. I built 2 rosters 1 a stud and scrub and another balanced and they project ~1.5 FP of each other. Going to be an interesting night.

• Njsum1

@BerkeleyBoss said...

For sure. The price is probably a bit too low, but I like how aggressive DK got with it. He’ll probably be in nearly every one of my lineups there.

I’m only making 1 lineup tonight, maybe 2 so I’ll have AD for sure if it’s just 1. However, if you’re making a lot of lineups, I’d fade AD in some. The price is down, yet he might only see 25 to 30 minutes tonight. Obviously if he sees at least 30 he’s likely to smash, yet the Pels have been funky lately, so I’d want to guard against shenanigans by not being all in AD. Even if he does smash, I’d still want a few hedged lineups without him.

• ushook

@frugal said...

Wow, PF is tough on Yahoo tonight if you want to squeeze in 2 studs. Not sure I can make that work.

PF is miserable lol

• Benf15harp

@BerkeleyBoss said...

He was at home last game. 🤷‍♂️

• DirkDigglerz

@ScofieldReturns said...

switching to yahoo as of today, any advice for a beginner? i’m stacking RWB+pg13 and filling it out from there

Take advantage of the Rookie No Veterans Contests

• frugal

@ushook said...

PF is miserable lol

Given the Yahoo pricing and likely attempt of many to shove in WB and PG, I can see most who go that route either punting both additional guard spots with NYC value and getting in Gordon or paying down to Patterson. some maybe split the difference at Marvin. I’m thinking Collins might be relatively lower owned than he should be.

• BerkeleyBoss

@Benf15harp said...

He was at home last game. 🤷‍♂️

Oh shit, totally misread that lol

Welp, I got nothin

• mtdurham

@Donnyleonard said...

I just recently started to actually think about my lineups after 2 years of just making lineups whenever I felt like it and no real idea what contrarian plays and the such were. You guys on here have been very helpful (even though I’ve been in the tank big time),
    So here is the “noob” question. Why is the aim of single entry lineups more balanced. By going a bit off the map won’t that give you an edge over the people who are using the standard plays in those contests.
    Thanks

In Single entry you might have say 200 entries at higher buyins… or 3,500 entrants for the $1… so you’re really just focused on making the best lineup you can make to try to win it…

In the 20max or the 150max there are going to be millions of combos of stars/scrubs/gamestacks/etc… .so even though the lineups might be “worse” individually, collectively they create this giant monster that’s tough to beat and you’ll never get by playing simply a “solid” lineup

Think of it in poker… if i have pocket Aces and I’m playing against ONE opponent then i’ve got a pair of aces and that’s a darn good hand and i can win a pretty big pot with One pair of aces.

But let’s say all ten people decide to see the flop. Now All i’ve got is a measly pair of aces and there’s no way that pair of Aces is going to stand up against 10 different hands out there if it doenst improve….

Now i have a drawing hand where i really need to hit a third ace to win a big pot…. and i might even need to make a full house to beat a straight or a flush…..

it basically comes down to your lineups ceiling…. now there are nights where you can play your “best lineup” and take it down in theory… but there are a lot of nights where the “best lineup” in terms of expected value isnt going to be a lineup with a ton of win equity….like last night…

tonight it’s a 3 game slate… the best lineup might win…. or avery bradley might score 50 from beyond the grave and the worst lineup wins again

• mtdurham

@BerkeleyBoss said...

OKC is only favored by 5. I don’t even consider blowouts unless the spread is like 13 or higher.

i dont disagree in general, but frankly im shocked the spread is only 5 after NOP last showing…. i do think there is a heck of a lot more blowout risk tonight than there is in a standard 5 point spread game…

• MerMer3

My thoughts – The OKC/NO game is on TNT, RW wants to continue his triple dub streak, and does NO really want to be embarrassed and scrutinized nationally even more than they already have? AD seems to be playing a bit of mind games with the fans due to the cheering/boos mess but I think this game stays somewhat competitive and then the Pels give up at the end. The key is which Pelican to roster…that has the most “heart” to keep them in it.

• Agent47

Live look at me actually considering Batum early in my research instead of deleting him from my player pool immediately like I usually do:

• mtdurham

Thoughts on AD:

1) If AD were a guy like Russell Westbrook I’d use him in 100% of lineups…. I dont think AD is a psycho hungry, driven competitor like Westbrook (obviously) but i also think he’s soft and i could totally see him crapping the bed even if he tries….

2) He’s $9k with a likely outcome of 45-50 FPS and 80+ FPS upside..

I can pick someone else at the $9k range and he’s really not all that much less likely than AD to get 37 FPS and bust… but he is a heck of a lot less likely than AD to go for 70 FPS

In summary, i will be overweight AD.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).