NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Washington ( -2 ) at Indiana ( 2 ) —- T: 217
    8:00 PM EST : Boston ( 1 ) at Chicago ( -1 ) —- T: 212

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Dirt_Lavert

@Syzltuth said...

League of Legends. E-games they offer on DK. Basically betting on a bunch of preteens playing a video game in Korea, haha

hahah it’s big in europe too. The EU ones are obviously the euro slates and the other ones are straight up South Korea all the way

• krazyju84

@kbarnhill7523 said...

I guess we have an 8 man winner take all? Interesting situation for sure.

hopefully fanduel has some decent tie breaking rules. read some situation before with draftking where tie breaker was whoever entered the lineup the earliest.

• Hipster_doofus57

@Syzltuth said...

NHL basics – 1) choose a winning goalie (leftwinglock.com or app)

2) target teams with struggling goalies or teams with bad defense for you c/w/d players

3) choose players with high minutes/game. Gen min 20 min/game and also players that play on the power play for that easier chance of scoring. Also look for players with high shots on goal, you get points for each shot, even if it doesn’t score (at least on DK, not sure about fantasy scoring on other sites)

Thanks gonna give it a try …. need something to keep my brain busy

• KindGuy

Mirotic laid a fat 0 on my lineup. Scored 227.5. Half my lineup did well and the other half…. pure shit.

Pos Player FPTS
    PG John Wall 45.5 lock
    SG Jimmy Butler 47 lock
    SF Otto Porter 43 lock
    PF Markieff Morris 37.75 lock
    C Al Jefferson 15.75 lock
    G C.J. Miles 12.75 lock
    F Taj Gibson 25.75 lock
    UTIL Nikola Mirotic 0

• KindGuy

^Do you guys see that shit? Lol, top half was fire and the bottom half was straight up awful.

• Hipster_doofus57

@Dirt_Lavert said...

hahah it’s big in europe too. The EU ones are obviously the euro slates and the other ones are straight up South Korea all the way

Gotta love watching a bunch of kids on adderall hyperfocus and win money

• krazyju84

@elementasrat said...

^Do you guys see that shit? Lol, top half was fire and the bottom half was straight up awful.

that seems like its because top half is where u spent your money.

• KindGuy

@krazyju84 said...

that seems like its because top half is where u spent your money.

Goddamnit, just laugh at my lineup.

• VPDFS

Got left out of min cash by .6 fantasy points. No surprise there for me.

• Dirt_Lavert

@Hipster_doofus57 said...

Gotta love watching a bunch of kids on adderall hyperfocus and win money

Sometimes I watch the Twitch streams in Korean/Chinese just because the announcers go NUTS for every team fight. To a degree I know what’s happening, the only part that I really don’t get is the initial draft stages and how they construct their teams with certain characters. That’s a black hole to me lol

• Dirt_Lavert

Have access to a great free stream of the late hockey game if anyone wants it I’ll post it!

• Dirt_Lavert

@VPDFS said...

Got left out of min cash by .6 fantasy points. No surprise there for me.

Brutal. That’s me every night on DK by .25

Feel for ya man. Hope you didn’t lose too much scratch :D

• Syzltuth

@Dirt_Lavert said...

I haven’t looked too far into it yet, but I just took a look and the sharps usually play the second highest $ TEAM or the bottom depending on how the $ works and how bad the bottom team is.

I’ve been getting torched, especially last night with rediculous 2-0 upsets of both underdog. Whole thing with JAG and AFS is they actually blow, and they were playing equally bad teams. I should’ve known it was a tossup either way.

PM if you’d like me I don’t want to bog down the NBA thread with LOL talk again haha. Let’s kill this slate!

Just sent you a pm

• VPDFS

Going to try Hockey for the next week while NBA is on break. Maybe I can do better even though I know nothing about Hockey…

• KindGuy

Yep I started my annual transition to hockey on Tuesday with that awful NBA slate. Gonna start taking NHL more seriously. DK starts to increase the hockey prize pools this time of the year because of the NBA all star break.

• Huntcho

@VPDFS said...

Going to try Hockey for the next week while NBA is on break. Maybe I can do better even though I know nothing about Hockey…

Lol same. I’m from Kansas and that’s practically unheard of

• Syzltuth

@Dirt_Lavert said...

Sometimes I watch the Twitch streams in Korean/Chinese just because the announcers go NUTS for every team fight. To a degree I know what’s happening, the only part that I really don’t get is the initial draft stages and how they construct their teams with certain characters. That’s a black hole to me lol

They have a lock out round where each player chooses a character that can’t be played (usually one that the other team is strong at) then have a draft where each player picks their character to play with for the round. Sometimes they end up with someone they’re good at, other times they get screwed and have to play a crap character.

• Hipster_doofus57

@VPDFS said...

I knew almost nada about basketball prior to trying dfs and now it’s actually interesting I mean learning about the how and why behind the game combined with stats idk (plus this forum) its fun now

• oaktwnraidr

@elementasrat said...

Mirotic laid a fat 0 on my lineup. Scored 227.5. Half my lineup did well and the other half…. pure shit.

Pos Player FPTS
    PG John Wall 45.5 lock
    SG Jimmy Butler 47 lock
    SF Otto Porter 43 lock
    PF Markieff Morris 37.75 lock
    C Al Jefferson 15.75 lock
    G C.J. Miles 12.75 lock
    F Taj Gibson 25.75 lock
    UTIL Nikola Mirotic 0

I feel you on Cj Miles killed me too

• satchmo77

Damn this week is gonna suck.. When is preseason baseballl?

• oaktwnraidr

@hunterspencerksu said...

Lol same. I’m from Kansas and that’s practically unheard of

Key to NHL DFS is stacking players who skate on the same line and preferably skate together on the Power Play

• KindGuy

@satchmo77 said...

Damn this week is gonna suck.. When is preseason baseballl?

I knoowwwwwwwww right? I begged DK for it last year but it was all for naught because the NY Ban came. Maybe they can do the World Baseball Classic???

• KindGuy

@oaktwnraidr said...

Key to NHL DFS is stacking players who skate on the same line and preferably skate together on the Power Play

Sometimes I’ll take a guy solo if he’s on even strength1 and pp1. Like a Conor McDavid.

• KindGuy

@oaktwnraidr said...

I feel you on Cj Miles killed me too

Great matchup too. Bunch of ball hogs out there in Indiana.

• satchmo77

It’s just hard to go into a sport you know nothing about and players you know nothing about. I’ve been getting shredded at soccer just Bc I like the day action lol. Don’t know if I can do NHL. Something tells me I’ll come around lol.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).