NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Washington ( -2 ) at Indiana ( 2 ) —- T: 217
    8:00 PM EST : Boston ( 1 ) at Chicago ( -1 ) —- T: 212

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• hpatel1089

Will Butler guard Crowder or is he going to chase Smart or Thomas?

• southernflyers9

So I all my value pics last night go for at 7x and then PG13 and Millsaps go for a happy meal…. 283 but what could have been.. plus had bazemore

• KillaChap

So Seige mentioned James Young as a sleeper type pick that makes a slate like today. Any Celtics fans have any insight?

• Huntcho

@yanks250125 said...

TCMO

Crowder hasn’t reached 30 in forever and it scares me.

• yanks250125

@KillaChap said...

I’m playing Mahinmi now. I’ll be back to blame you if I lose (while ignoring that the other positions were chosen by me! lol)

Isn’t Mahinmi minutes restricted? I guess he doesn’t have 30 minute potential, but I feel better if he’s even able to play 20 than max out at 15

• hpatel1089

@hunterspencerksu said...

Crowder hasn’t reached 30 in forever and it scares me.

same but hey its a 2 game slate what can you do?

• AntsTwin

Wait a sec, I’m seeing a ton of Butler love because of the Wade news but how is no one concerned about Smart guarding him? He a very physical defender…I’m just saying

• hpatel1089

@AntsTwin said...

Wait a sec, I’m seeing a ton of Butler love because of the Wade news but how is no one concerned about Smart guarding him? He a very physical defender…I’m just saying

Booty Butler put up 50 against RoCov, 50 against H.Barnes, 80 against MKW. It’s all about the usage!

• KillaChap

@AntsTwin said...

Who else is going to score for the Bulls?

• AntsTwin

@KillaChap said...

Who else is going to score for the Bulls?

Fair point, just rolling that out there for consideration…it’s also possible that no one scores for the Bulls (for DFS purposes anyway).

• AntsTwin

It’s something I have my eye on is all I’m saying

• frozenleafz

@AntsTwin said...

PF is a tough position for this slate.. Doug is kinda expensive on FD, others have tough matchups

edit: not sure why it quoted that

• Oregon97232

Was thinking about playing tonight but then I noticed something on dk-Friday/Sunday…All-Star Games!!! Tons of scoring, no defense, should be fun plays.

• cubbysden

Mirotic, Amir Johnson or Jason Smith? Who gets the most FD points tonight between the 3?

• gausman7

@cubbysden said...

Mirotic, Amir Johnson or Jason Smith? Who gets the most FD points tonight between the 3?

Amir Johnson keeps coming up for me. If he gets minutes (which he may due to B2B) he can put up decent numbers. I think in tourneys tonight you have to throw some darts. Best throws are gonna be on guys that have shown upside this season, but maybe not in the last 5-10 games. Minutes are really the key. A LOT of casual players only look at 5-10 game log and sometimes miss an opportunity to get lucky with an upside player.

On a side note—-this is especially true for players coming back from injury (e.g. last night Middleton and Ellis). Gotta throw some educated darts tonight to wade thru the masses.

• KillaChap

@AntsTwin said...

It’s something I have my eye on is all I’m saying

I certainly appreciate hearing it.

• frugal

Yesterday I had extremely limited time to build lineups and it bit me. Tonight…not sure it’s worth putting any time into things. Rotisserie entry into the Yahoo tourney. Not going to overthink it. Either the scrub combos with the studs hit or not, that’s going to be the only factor that matters tonight.

• TrustinthePlan

I am kind of with some of you in fading Butler tonight to try to get an advantage elsewhere. Guarantee Butler is 60-70% owned in the 4 point on DK, so I think to win, you should to look elsewhere for an advantage. Just my .02.

With that said. I think MCW and Rondo are very much in play.

• billholler

@TrustinthePlan said...

I am kind of with some of you in fading Butler tonight to try to get an advantage elsewhere. Guarantee Butler is 60-70% owned in the 4 point on DK, so I think to win, you should to look elsewhere for an advantage. Just my .02.

With that said. I think MCW and Rondo are very much in play.

This conversation comes up for every small slate. Barring a terrible game, you probably won’t win a GPP without Butler. Doesn’t matter if he’s 75% owned. You are looking for raw points on small slates.

• iron_tactics

@billholler said...

This conversation comes up for every small slate. Barring a terrible game, you probably won’t win a GPP without Butler. Doesn’t matter if he’s 75% owned. You are looking for raw points on small slates.

I will have one lineup without him in case of injury

• billholler

@iron_tactics said...

I will have one lineup without him in case of injury

Just because I will max out tonight doesn’t mean I will be 100% Butler. With risk of injury and the last game before AS break, I will probably only be about 70% Butler.

• draped

@billholler said...

this is true. but lets go through a scenario.

You only enter 1 lineup. Either:

Option A) you have butler in it and you hope 1) he does well 2) you beat 75% of the field on your other 7 picks
    Option B) you don’t have butler in it and you hope 1.) he gets 4-5x value 2.) you beat 25% of the field on your other 7 picks

although personally I am leaning toward my chances in option A bc I think Butler will do better than IT/Wall in terms of multipliers and there isn’t anywhere else to spend money it seems (and you do too it seems), I wouldn’t blame someone for believing option B is an easier way to victory.

• dmbtrip2004

everyone is going to win $1.50 because of all the ties

• TrustinthePlan

@billholler said...

What about fitting IT and Wall in a lineup together. It looks like there is enough value to go around, could that take down a GPP?

• Stickman731

I was wondering how did the guy posting the NBA 2K projections did – how were the projections to actuals?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.