• 2020 Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Denver ( 2.5 ) at Boston ( 2.5 ) —- T: 220
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( -5.5 ) at Oklahoma City ( 5.5 ) —- T: 225
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -6 ) at Minnesota ( 6 ) —- T: 222.5
    8:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( -0.5 ) at Memphis ( 0.5 ) —- T: 231.5
    8:00 PM EST : Toronto ( 6 ) at Milwaukee ( -6 ) —- T: 235.5
    10:30 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 5.5 ) at Phoenix ( -5.5 ) —- T: 231.5

DRAFTKINGS RG NBA FORUM LEAGUE

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• deepfat

Cash lineups all came through thanks to Beard and DAJ. Profitable night.

• tmarohl

JDtrey edged me out in the forum FD contest.

• jdtrey

My bad! ;)

• RipCityRings

@tmarohl said...

I watched MPJ in person last year against the Bucks. He was unstoppable, very aggressive, then he got hurt late in the third quarter. I have not seen the same player since. He was everywhere.

Yeah, it’s bizarre. Just found this article from August:

[ Michael Porter Jr. texted Michael Malone three times over the past few days, telling him he can do better and pleading with the Denver Nuggets coach to stick with the talented rookie.

“I said, ‘Michael, I’m not going anywhere,’” Malone texted back. “I’m gonna stay with you.”

Porter rewarded Malone and reminded everyone of how talented the 14th overall pick in the 2018 draft is, scoring a career-high 37 points with 12 rebounds Monday in a 121-113 overtime victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. ]

Where did that guy go? I watched a few minutes of the game tonight and he had some of the worst body language I’ve ever seen. Like early/mid-career Wiggins bad. I used to think his problem was with the lack of playing time, yet every time he has an opportunity like tonight he just flushes it away.

• chronoxiong

I’m at my breaking point right now. Every night I’m making one mistake or two and it prevents me from cashing. Not only do I have to worry about the peeps with the same lineups (those with 317.6), I have to worry about my own lineup. I sometimes overthink or end up not trusting certain players. Or I take them out of my lineup before lock. I only scored 301 tonight. I knew to fade the Nuggets chalk plays although I had Campazzo. I just f#%ked up for picking Booker who saw no usage in the 2nd half. I picked Grayson Allen (again) over chalk Bledsoe who was $100 cheaper. 12.7 fdp for Grayson while Bledsoe had 26 fdp. Thats a 14 point swing. I ate the Middleton chalk which killed me. I picked Kyle Anderson over chalk MPJ which was okay. I had Giannis. But the other killer was me picking Kuzma who sucked the living life out of my lineup. I had a feeling Crowder was going to crush his 4.8k price and he was in my dummy lineup. But since I went Giannis/Kuzma, well thats how it died. I was working all day so I only played 1 lineup. Oh yeah, Kanter was my Center and tonight he decided to rebound instead of score buckets. I haven’t profited since my Pistons stack night last week. I just lost all that money since then. This isn’t fun anymore. Its also not fun seeing people with the same 317.6 lineup.

• billythekidcowboysheat

MPJ- i will always a soft spot for the kid, he has immense upside, but from a dfs perspective i won’t touch him unless its like a 2-3 game slate or if one or both of joker and murray are out. He never gets the ball in his hands to iso, it’s always in jokers hands rightfully so, or murrary running off screens. You basically have to pray Mike gets 10 rebounds and gets a double double on dk, even then like i said he doesn’t have the upside anymore in this current situation. Malone seems to be dead set on joker-show.

Joker is even more of there offense then years past, Michael would benefit more in dfs if malone would let him come off the bench then close.

I really wish he would get traded selfishly because he would be a goldmine dfs target, but that’s highly unlikley.

• tmarohl

@chronoxiong said...

I’m at my breaking point right now. Every night I’m making one mistake or two and it prevents me from cashing. Not only do I have to worry about the peeps with the same lineups (those with 317.6), I have to worry about my own lineup. I sometimes overthink or end up not trusting certain players. Or I take them out of my lineup before lock. I only scored 301 tonight. I knew to fade the Nuggets chalk plays although I had Campazzo. I just f#%ked up for picking Booker who saw no usage in the 2nd half. I picked Grayson Allen (again) over chalk Bledsoe who was $100 cheaper. 12.7 fdp for Grayson while Bledsoe had 26 fdp. Thats a 14 point swing. I ate the Middleton chalk which killed me. I picked Kyle Anderson over chalk MPJ which was okay. I had Giannis. But the other killer was me picking Kuzma who sucked the living life out of my lineup. I had a feeling Crowder was going to crush his 4.8k price and he was in my dummy lineup. But since I went Giannis/Kuzma, well thats how it died. I was working all day so I only played 1 lineup. Oh yeah, Kanter was my Center and tonight he decided to rebound instead of score buckets. I haven’t profited since my Pistons stack night last week. I just lost all that money since then. This isn’t fun anymore. Its also not fun seeing people with the same 317.6 lineup.

I had 358.2, and JD Trey had about 361. Bledsoe was chalk? I didn’t have him in any. My biggest regret of the night was having MPJ in any. Middleton was chalk? I didn’t have any. If you looked at the slate, tonight was a total studs and scubs type of build. You needed to have three of Giannis, Harden, Jokic, Lillard, Lebron in any lineup to have a realistic chance of a decent cash.

• tmarohl

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

MPJ- i will always a soft spot for the kid, he has immense upside, but from a dfs perspective i won’t touch him unless its like a 2-3 game slate or if one or both of joker and murray are out. He never gets the ball in his hands to iso, it’s always in jokers hands rightfully so, or murrary running off screens. You basically have to pray Mike gets 10 rebounds and gets a double double on dk, even then like i said he doesn’t have the upside anymore in this current situation. Malone seems to be dead set on joker-show.

Joker is even more of there offense then years past, Michael would benefit more in dfs if malone would let him come off the bench then close.

I really wish he would get traded selfishly because he would be a goldmine dfs target, but that’s highly unlikley.

Agree, the kid is very talented, but a waste of $5,500 on that Denver squad. He needs to be moved.

• Jeezylives

@chronoxiong said...

I know the feeling. Slim it down..especially when you work all day..by slim it down, I mean play the late slates..4 games or less. I find it easier to cash late slates..

• billythekidcowboysheat

@chronoxiong said...

Hey chrono: i see you post alot after slates, I’m assuming your talking fd?

I don’t know what your exact lineup was, but based on your post…

1. Kuzma=Reaper in dfs🤣
    2. Your lineup most likely had too much chalk=dulplicates
    3. I’m curious what your line was, then it would be easier to give you feedback.

• texasmajor

@texasmajor said...

Can Harden chuck his way into keeping this game close?

Yes.

• chronoxiong

1. Kuzma=Reaper in dfs🤣
    3. I’m curious what your line was, then it would be easier to give you feedback.

I only had time to play one lineup due to me working. Before lock, I finalized it to: Schroder. Campazzo. Booker. Grayson. Middleton. Anderson. Giannis. Kuzma. Kanter. It equaled 301. Fell short on cashing because Booker didn’t do shit in the 2nd half. Grayson fooled me once. Fool me twice. Middleton sucks and does not deserve that contract he has. And Kuzma was the grim reaper.

• tmarohl

1. Kuzma=Reaper in dfs🤣

If his lineup was 317.6, I would guess Morant, Campazzo, Brooks, Bledsoe, Middleton, Porter, Green, Giannis, Jokic.

• WhiteyJones8

@chronoxiong said...

I only had time to play one lineup due to me working. Before lock, I finalized it to: Schroder. Campazzo. Booker. Grayson. Middleton. Anderson. Giannis. Kuzma. Kanter. It equaled 301. Fell short on cashing because Booker didn’t do shit in the 2nd half. Grayson fooled me once. Fool me twice. Middleton sucks and does not deserve that contract he has. And Kuzma was the grim reaper.

I think maybe you simply had the wrong read on the slate. No offense, but I barely considered most of the people you are calling chalk. Everyone sees things different but to me the chalk was Denver value and Nets value once they ruled out Kyrie.

The reason to play those values was to get as many stars as possible. I’m not sure where you are getting someone like Middleton for $7500 (though in your defense I played $8200 Ingram and he sucked).

Chalk was Jamychal Green, Campazzo and then as many studs as you could fit with between ABC, Lebron (No Brow), Harden (No Kyrie, but somewhat tough matchup) and Jokic (everyone out for Denver, Porter was also chalk here but I didn’t fall for that)

Just trying to give positive feedback but I think you read the slate wrong and thought you were playing “chalk” when you were nowhere close to what everyone else was doing.

• billythekidcowboysheat

@chronoxiong said...

Yeah looks like you just caught bad luck with middleton, booker, and grayson.

Of course kuz we already agreed on.

Not criticizing you: You must not of had the time where you were working to really look at the slate, i only had 2 on fd tonight and barely cashed, i cashed everything on dk, your gonna have to find time or make it if you want any realisitic “chance/shot”. I’m sure I’m not telling you anything you don’t already know, dfs players are getting better by the day, especially those optimizers and the sharks who mme 1000’s of lineups everday.

I wouldn’t really stress it tonight was a 6 gamer that was really condensed to stars and scrubs, 1 lu you were at work, i get it I’ve been there countless times over the years, but if your concerned with duplicates over on fd it’s much easier to see duplicates obvi, but i would say ask ppl before if your unsure on who’s chalky.

Tomorrow’s a big 10 gamer you shouldn’t have an issue with duplicates if you get contrarian enough, i get it you don’t want to chop with 100 other ppl having the same lu.

• madmanjayWV

FD RESULTS (5.15x) or better 2-16-21

1. ABC 74 6.6x
    2. HARDON 63.9 5.8x
    3. JOCKitch 63.7 6x
    4. DAME 57.4 6.04x
    5. LBJ 54.1 5.15x
    6. ZION 51.4 6.19x
    7. FVV 50.3 6.7x
    8. A&E 49.9 8.31x
    9. SICK’em 48.6 5.52x
    10. CP3 47.3 6.06x
    11. JAmo 42.4 5.97x
    12. RoCo 42.3 6.5x
    13. J-MURR 41.2 6.33x
    (14) B.I. 40.3 (4.91x)
    15. SCROTUM 39.7 6.96x
    (16) TATUM 39.2 (4.17x)
    17. J-HART 38.8 7.6x
    18. Fausto Carmona 38.8 1 38.2 1.02x
    (19) LIMPINLOWRY (GTD) 38.2 (5.09x)
    (20) Boucher 36.7 (5.09x)
    21. DORT 36.7 7.34x
    22. BLAZELY 36.2 5.93x
    (23) Booker 35.9 (4.32x)
    24. PattyCONN 35.5 8.45x
    25. MFin’JG 35.1 7.46x
    26. TIME-LORD 34.6 9.1x
    27. ClamChowda 33.9 7.06x
    28. KYLE-A 33.7 5.18x — JUST MADE IT (a CHRONO SF)
    (29) JaylenB 33.5 (3.98x)
    (30) D. AYDSton 31.8 (4.54x)
    (31) KANKERsore 31.7 (4.8x)
    32. MONTREZ 31.7 5.37x
    33. Mr. Trent 31.2 5.37x
    34. STEVIE-A (GTD) 30.4 5.96x
    35. JOE-H 29.3 5.63x
    (36) KAT-POOP 29.2 (3.07x) — almost went there
    (37) LONZO 29.1 (4.27x)
    (38) DIALLO 28.8 (4.8x)
    39. BOBBY-P 28.2 5.75x
    40. ROBY 28 5.95x
    (41) OG 27.9 4.5x
    (42) Rubio 27.8 (5.05x)
    42. HERNANGOMEZ 27.1 (6.6x)
    (43) Bridges 26.2 (4.94x)
    44. BLED$OE 26.1 5.43x
    45. VANDYofJARRED 26.1 6.52x
    46. D-JONES 25.9 5.75x
    (47) D.DiVCENZO 25.6 (5.01x)
    48. McLaughlin 25.4 7.05x
    (49) GASOL 24.5 (5.1x)
    (50) MELLO 24.3 (4.58x)
    (51) D.BROOKS 23.8 (4.49x)
    52. TylerJo 23 6.21x
    53. SHAMET 22.4 5.74x
    (54) D.Jordan 21.7 (4.0x)
    (55) TristanT 21.4 (4.55x)
    (56) KEMBA 21.2 (3.41x)
    (57) AnferneeSimonS 20.9 (5.09x)

NOTEABLE #ALLaydsTEAM =
    Jo-VAL 17.5 (2.24x); Middleton 20.4 (2.72x); WHORE4FORD 20.5 (2.97x); MPJ (LOL #AYDS) 15.9 (2.89x); KUZMA 14.3 (2.46x)

THE TRUE IRONY OF DFS is beating a handful of pals in your private league with a 314.7 (FANDUEL) and minimum cashing in the DRIBBLER

with Talen Horton-Tucker phat (0) ZERO

He was 7% owned in the DK-and$1 lolz — #OOP$

Paired him with KUZMA and K. WILLIAMS on FD, unreal

at least Hardon, ABC and JOKITCH came to play and led the way!

Also had Cameron (AYDS) johnson in my 314 FD LU lolz he got 12.3 — a 74 from ABC makes it a helluva lot easier 2 cash!

Rolled a 369 in a last 30-minute clutch shot LU with Time Lord @PIVOT — good times!

NBA DFS is crazy ——

I only played Kenrich Williams in my Dribbler..wasn’t changing the LU no matter what (bad idea) — Campazzo ova SIMONS been great..but whatever..

point being there’s a lot of ways to a cash and only 1 to the top of the heap ——-

I had “SWORN” off OKC players (even on my 2 paltry DK and-1 LUs) —- and only used KENRICH in dribbler

IF i had taken out KUZMA and D. BROOKS for DORT and BLAZELY i’d had a 401 and $3,000 sted of $12

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).