• 2020 Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Denver ( 2.5 ) at Boston ( 2.5 ) —- T: 220
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( -5.5 ) at Oklahoma City ( 5.5 ) —- T: 225
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -6 ) at Minnesota ( 6 ) —- T: 222.5
    8:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( -0.5 ) at Memphis ( 0.5 ) —- T: 231.5
    8:00 PM EST : Toronto ( 6 ) at Milwaukee ( -6 ) —- T: 235.5
    10:30 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 5.5 ) at Phoenix ( -5.5 ) —- T: 231.5

DRAFTKINGS RG NBA FORUM LEAGUE

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• tmarohl

FantasyLabs NBA
    @FantasyLabsNBA
    ·
    1h
    4 Spurs test positive for COVID-19; next three Spurs games postponed.

• tmarohl

FantasyLabs NBA
    @FantasyLabsNBA
    ·
    1h
    Hornets next 2 games postponed.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

Why doesn’t Walton play his best players? That is the million dollar question.

He is an idiot

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

Daniel Theis (finger) ruled out Tuesday. https://t.co/YpPYmbUKF5

• tmarohl

@theIrrigator said...

He is an idiot

I can’t believe with all the blowout losses, and blowout wins, that Jabari Parker hasn’t even played a minute this entire season. I mean the guy is a defensive liability, but probably at least a top 30 or 40 scorer. Can’t find him a garbage time minute or two?

• Njsum1

@tmarohl said...

You spelled Justin Jackson wrong.

Did you watch OKC last game versus Mil?

Did it look like JJ was running point? Game before it seemed like it was Kenny Williams. Yet OKC came out with that new lineup, versus Mil

• tmarohl

@Njsum1 said...

Did you watch OKC last game versus Mil.

Did it look like JJ was running point? Game before it seemed like it was Kenny Williams. Yet OKC came out with that new lineup, versus Mil

He ran some point, but was mainly just getting kickout’s for open threes.

• frugal

@tmarohl said...

You spelled Justin Jackson wrong.

Ha! Yeah, I have a bias against him watching him with Dallas briefly where he didn’t show much talent when given opportunities. OKC seems to be shifting their strategy every few games, looks like he’s gotten some great usage the last couple but I don’t know if that can be absolutely trusted. Hard to predict which OKC guy is going to pop off.

• Bigb1485

@emnj69 said...

nice that is some score congrats- I would frame that one lol you will learn from doing that. I did that in NFL a few years back-won 100k but didnt enter the milly and it would have won that too

these days I am lucky if I win enough to buy a bagel and a coffee-I hand build everything and I am just not as smart as the optimizers-400 means nothing anymore which is insane

You’d think I’d have learned after the first stinking time, but I ain’t all that bright, so no surprise.

I hand build as well. The key ended up being swapping in simmons once embiid was ruled out.Nba has always been my best sport for some reason.

• frugal

I don’t remember who it was who keyed me into 3 point shooters vs NOP, but that probably applies tonight to Allen and Brooks.

• Brendan239

I think Jackson is a bit of smoke in mirrors and is priced up. I’ll take Williams at less ownership and same ceiling (if not higher). I think Kyrie sits since we knew Durant was out but line already dropped quite a bit since open. If he sits I’m going Harden/Shamet.

• Njsum1

@Brendan239 said...

I think Jackson is a bit of smoke in mirrors and is priced up. I’ll take Williams at less ownership and same ceiling (if not higher). I think Kyrie sits since we knew Durant was out but line already dropped quite a bit since open. If he sits I’m going Harden/Shamet.

Williams doesn’t shoot much And costs 700 more than Jackson. Their ceilings are about equal.

If Kyrie sits, the Nets will likely get blown out and Harden Runs the risk of playing for like 30 minutes as he did against philly. My concern is that this is a road back to back 3 in 4. I’d like Harden more if Kyrie plays.

• frugal

@Njsum1 said...

Williams doesn’t shoot much And costs 700 more than Jackson. Their ceilings are about equal.

If Kyrie sits, the Nets will likely get blown out and Harden Runs the risk of playing for like 30 minutes as he did against philly. My concern is that this is a road back to back 3 in 4. I’d like Harden more if Kyrie plays.

The you gotta lock in Booker and maybe Ayton.

• tmarohl

FantasyLabs NBA
    @FantasyLabsNBA
    ·
    37m
    Pistons-Mavs postponed for Wednesday due to severe weather.

• wcuball29

@Brendan239 said...

Agree on Williams.

Not in love with Harden if Kyrie sits. Probably be a similar result to a week or so ago when both Kyrie and KD were out in Philly.

• Brendan239

@Njsum1 said...

On FD Jackson is $100 more than Williams. Harden will play as many minutes as he can. He even talks about it in interviews. There’s 2 things Harden does: strippers and 35+ minutes.

• feekdogg

@tmarohl said...

FantasyLabs NBA
    @FantasyLabsNBA
    ·
    37m
    Pistons-Mavs postponed for Wednesday due to severe weather.

Not surprised. Storms that would be a minor inconvenience in the Midwest can absolutely cripple places that don’t have the manpower, equipment, or chemicals to combat it.

• tmarohl

@feekdogg said...

Not surprised. Storms that would be a minor inconvenience in the Midwest can absolutely cripple places that don’t have the manpower, equipment, or chemicals to combat it.

I don’t even know if the Bucks are back in Milwaukee yet. Their flight after the OKC game on Sunday was cancelled. Sounds like the weather kind of sucked there yesterday. The Milwaukee airport which is close to Lake Michigan has received about 14 inches of lake effect snow in the last 12 hours.

• Njsum1

@Brendan239 said...

On FD Jackson is $100 more than Williams

Gotcha, I always refer to DK pricing. If they’re the same price, then pick who you like, as they’re about equal to me.

About Harden…Lmao….but he won’t play 35+ unless the game is close, especially on a road back to back 3 in 4.

• frugal

@feekdogg said...

I’m in North Texas, not the chemicals as we are prepared for ice as that is a typical seasonal occurrence. It’s been the spike in demand for energy with our grid unprepared. The Texas gird is largely isolated from the rest of the country so we weren’t able to quickly buy power to handle the load. As such, they planned rolling blackouts but then a few plants shut down causing 1 hour blackouts to be essentially stalled for 12+ hours in some places. We’ve been lucky as we are right next to a firs station so our part of the local grid has been deemed critical and only had a few minor outages. My parents have been without power for almost 24 hours at this point. I doubt they could guarantee the lights on for the Mavs game and even if they could probably not a great idea to be wasting the energy for that when so many are without power.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

Yeah that’s my only concern about playing today’s slate is getting the power shut down right at lock when I’m trying to upload my csv’s. If I could have a few mins notice I would be fine but a random shutdown right at lock could be very bad

• wcuball29

@theIrrigator said...

Yeah that’s my only concern about playing today’s slate is getting the power shut down right at lock when I’m trying to upload my csv’s. If I could have a few mins notice I would be fine but a random shutdown right at lock could be very bad

Wish that were my only concern. I’m mainly concerned about another losing night. lol

• feekdogg

@frugal said...

I’m in North Texas, not the chemicals as we are prepared for ice as that is a typical seasonal occurrence. It’s been the spike in demand for energy with our grid unprepared. The Texas gird is largely isolated from the rest of the country so we weren’t able to quickly buy power to handle the load. As such, they planned rolling blackouts but then a few plants shut down causing 1 hour blackouts to be essentially stalled for 12+ hours in some places. We’ve been lucky as we are right next to a firs station so our part of the local grid has been deemed critical and only had a few minor outages. My parents have been without power for almost 24 hours at this point. I doubt they could guarantee the lights on for the Mavs game and even if they could probably not a great idea to be wasting the energy for that when so many are without power.

Ah. Interesting. I heard on the radio this morning that the Stars cancelled and assumed it was transportation-related. Now that I read the ESPN story about power issues, that makes plenty of sense.

• Brendan239

Feels like a “leaky roof” night with ppl asking for refunds at 10:15.

• wmudude24

So rookie/n00b question here:

I used the $10 DK ticket from the promo last week to enter a triple up tonight. Never played one before.

Is it optimal to build more of a GPP-style lineup, or a cash-style lineup for this format? Only a slightly larger percentage of the field gets paid than in a typical GPP.

Also Panda, the Suns game is a 10:30 EST tip. It’s the back end of the TNT doubleheader after NO-MEM.

I wouldn’t even bring it up, but as often as we have to check for news these days, it may matter to someone.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).