• 2020 Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Denver ( 2.5 ) at Boston ( 2.5 ) —- T: 220
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( -5.5 ) at Oklahoma City ( 5.5 ) —- T: 225
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -6 ) at Minnesota ( 6 ) —- T: 222.5
    8:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( -0.5 ) at Memphis ( 0.5 ) —- T: 231.5
    8:00 PM EST : Toronto ( 6 ) at Milwaukee ( -6 ) —- T: 235.5
    10:30 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 5.5 ) at Phoenix ( -5.5 ) —- T: 231.5

DRAFTKINGS RG NBA FORUM LEAGUE

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Bigb1485

Our power was shut off for 2 hours this morning.

Probably gonna fade harden even if kyrie is in..and fade kyrie if he plays too…suns good defense and 3 in 4 sounds like 53 points for harden and 38 for kyrie

• bazerko

The Nets also play the Lakers on Thursday in a primetime game, so I could see the Nets resting Harden or Kyrie and also pulling the plug if they are down double digits heading into the fourth. With that said, these scenarios would make Harden or Kyrie a great GPP play if they are not ruled out.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@wmudude24 said...

Also Panda, the Suns game is a 10:30 EST tip. It’s the back end of the TNT doubleheader after NO-MEM.

I wouldn’t even bring it up, but as often as we have to check for news these days, it may matter to someone.

Thanks, it does matter. I appreciate you for pointing that out. Going to update with newest vegas totals too, in minute here.

• frugal

@bazerko said...

The Nets also play the Lakers on Thursday in a primetime game, so I could see the Nets resting Harden or Kyrie and also pulling the plug if they are down double digits heading into the fourth. With that said, these scenarios would make Harden or Kyrie a great GPP play if they are not ruled out.

No resting in nationally televised games correct? I mean they can make up an injury but I would think that would need to show up on the 1st injury report coming out in a bit.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@dominicanpapi said...

The analytics suggest he’s a bad defender, think Miami fared better defensively when he was off the floor regardless of how many shots he blocks. But I do agree, he should be getting 20-25 minutes a game. Maybe not 35 b/c the opposing team could always go small and run him off the floor.

Go small against Whiteside.
    That’ll be fun.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@frugal said...

He’s an old school C where most teams are looking for more versatile bigs and see traditional C’s as nothing special and easily replaceable. But I agree if you’re going to sign a guy like Jordan or Adams I can’t see why Whiteside wouldn’t be a target ahead of them. IIRC there were some attitude issues with him or something which really tanked his value, can’t remember.

God Whiteside isn’t about team.
    God Whiteside is about God Whiteside.
    God Whiteside knows NBA contracts are not about team.
    God Whiteside knows NBA contracts are about stats.

Part of what Dray was saying last night.
    For the first time in my life, I listened to Dray and kept finding myself nodding.

• DefinitelyMiami

@frugal said...

IIRC there were some attitude issues with him or something which really tanked his value, can’t remember.

He wanted to play.
    Things get spun pretty easily. He’d be great somewhere they play team basketball like San Antonio.
    The fact that the HEAT never tried to play Whiteside and Bam together amazes me

• DefinitelyMiami

@Yukerboy said...

God Whiteside isn’t about team.
    God Whiteside is about God Whiteside.
    God Whiteside knows NBA contracts are not about team.
    God Whiteside knows NBA contracts are about stats.

And you know this how, because NBA talking heads have repeated the narrative long enough?

The truth is that his teammates love him

• frugal

@DefinitelyMiami said...

He wanted to play.
    Things get spun pretty easily. He’d be great somewhere they play team basketball like San Antonio.

Very rare to see a twin tower approach like in the old days. I’d love Whiteside in DAL, would be a perfect fit next to KP and a nice P&R partner for Luka.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

Theis being out makes me realize how much I used to overrate Tristan Thompson.
    Man hasn’t had a block in over 3 weeks.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

@wcuball29 said...

Wish that were my only concern. I’m mainly concerned about another losing night. lol

Well those are a given so I dont even waste my time worrying about that part lol

• goboltsgo

Campazzo/Jokic or Towns/”(player-popup #josh-jackson)Josh Jackson”:/players/josh-jackson-37890 on DK. Have 1st penciled in but wondering if Towns can match Jokic thoughts?

• bazerko

On the 1:30 pm NBA injury report, Brooklyn is listed as “not submitted yet” haha Every team playing tonight except Brooklyn has submitted their injury report.

• tmarohl

@DefinitelyMiami said...

He wanted to play.

They didn’t want to pay Whiteside, because they had their eye on Giannis, and managed their payroll up until now with the thought they would land Giannis.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@DefinitelyMiami said...

And you know this how, because NBA talking heads have repeated the narrative long enough?

The truth is that his teammates love him

His teammates DO love him.
    That was part of my point.

Players can be selfish and still have their teammates love them.
    Don’t think I was kicking God Whiteside at all. I wasn’t.

When God Whiteside’s hand gets close to a ball being shot, the first thing he does after the rebound is signal to the scorer’s table he got a piece of the ball. BUT, because he doesn’t let it effect his hustle or his team, he can do that.

If a Boogie or a Westbrook did something like that, it wouldn’t be seen so nicely by their teammates. Why? One, they got theirs already and two, both have proven not to have the heart and desire of God Whiteside.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@bazerko said...

On the 1:30 pm NBA injury report, Brooklyn is listed as “not submitted yet” haha Every team playing tonight except Brooklyn has submitted their injury report.

I’m calling it now.
    Kyrie sees Chris Paul coming up and needs a “mental health” day.

And no, I’m not belittling mental health issues.
    I’m belittling Kyrie Irving.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

@bazerko said...

Unfortunately, because they played last night they don’t have to yet. Teams that played the night before aren’t required to submit an injury report until something like 4 EST the next day.

• Njsum1

I get it, Whiteside just put up a monster game, so everyone is saying how underrated he is today.

Happened to be against the team who has yielded more stats to Centers than any other over the past decade. 🤷‍♂️

He’s ranked 80th out of 80 eligible centers in drpm this season. And 64th out of 80 in real plus minus.

The prior two seasons he was top 20 in both, yet most guys ahead of him weren’t full time starters getting big minutes.

IMO he’s a decent player worthy of 20-22 minutes per night. He’s not underrated, he’s properly rated. Yet he is a bit underutilized in Sac only getting 15 minutes per night, he’s a little better than that.

• Brendan239

Is everyone else fading Dame tonight? Also, Ja, Ball or Murray in that price range? One of them will pop for 45 FD points.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

@Brendan239 said...

Is everyone else fading Dame tonight? Also, Ja, Ball or Murray in that price range? One of them will pop for 45 FD points.

Not sure yet, but I’m open to it.

I expect him to be pretty popular.

• monarch

Looking at the Lakers schedule with AD out for awhile and LeBron with his customary ankle designation.

2/16 @Minnesota
    2/18 Brooklyn TNT
    2/20 Miami ABC
    2/22 Wizards NBATV
    2/24 JAZZ ESPN
    2/26 Portland ESPN
    2/28 Warriors ESPN
    3/2 Suns TNT

That is CRAZY and makes me wonder if LeBron takes a maintenance punt game tonight.

• BiGtIGeRs

Schroder

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

Looking at the Lakers schedule with AD out for awhile and LeBron with his customary ankle designation.

2/16 @Minnesota
    2/18 Brooklyn TNT
    2/20 Miami ABC
    2/22 Wizards NBATV
    2/24 JAZZ ESPN
    2/26 Portland ESPN
    2/28 Warriors ESPN
    3/2 Suns TNT

That is CRAZY and makes me wonder if LeBron takes a maintenance punt game tonight.

That’s nice.

Lakers on TV every other day. Could sit the Wizards game too. Don’t think NBATV matters. Or just play them all.

• monarch

Ya. every other night on national TV and every game is against a star with narratives.

• Bornsupreme

lmao…so true!!! cracked me up! “Kyrie mental rest day!”

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).