• 2020 Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Denver ( 2.5 ) at Boston ( 2.5 ) —- T: 220
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( -5.5 ) at Oklahoma City ( 5.5 ) —- T: 225
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -6 ) at Minnesota ( 6 ) —- T: 222.5
    8:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( -0.5 ) at Memphis ( 0.5 ) —- T: 231.5
    8:00 PM EST : Toronto ( 6 ) at Milwaukee ( -6 ) —- T: 235.5
    10:30 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 5.5 ) at Phoenix ( -5.5 ) —- T: 231.5

DRAFTKINGS RG NBA FORUM LEAGUE

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Brendan239

@Pandamonious said...

Not sure yet, but I’m open to it.

I expect him to be pretty popular.

What’s OKC’s pace of play? How many possessions per 100? Won’t Dort be on Dame? I’m 100% fade and can see maybe 50 FD points but the 4-5 guys below him can do that and I don’t think they need Dame to win this game. And I usually lock n load Dame.

• BiGtIGeRs

@Brendan239 said...

Is everyone else fading Dame tonight? Also, Ja, Ball or Murray in that price range? One of them will pop for 45 FD points.

Goodluck to that

• kdsdawg

@Pandamonious said...

That’s nice.

Lakers on TV every other day. Could sit the Wizards game too. Don’t think NBATV matters. Or just play them all.

so true, or just play them all like they used to in the good old days, how great would it have been to play fantasy back in Bird, Magic, Dominque, Jordan days. Get up in the morning and set your L/Us no worries
    Bird’s back used to be so bad when he did come out of the game he laid flat on his back on the sideline
    played better defense back then as well

• WhiteyJones8

@wmudude24 said...

So rookie/n00b question here:

I used the $10 DK ticket from the promo last week to enter a triple up tonight. Never played one before.

Is it optimal to build more of a GPP-style lineup, or a cash-style lineup for this format? Only a slightly larger percentage of the field gets paid than in a typical GPP.

Also Panda, the Suns game is a 10:30 EST tip. It’s the back end of the TNT doubleheader after NO-MEM.

I wouldn’t even bring it up, but as often as we have to check for news these days, it may matter to someone.

Personally, I don’t see NBA DFS as a Cash vs. GPP sport. In a sport like NFL you might take a player who only sees 1-2 targets per game but they are deep targets. Think a burner like Mecole Hardman.

In NBA you almost never play a rotation player hoping that he randomly sees an outsized role and goes off (though that does happen).

To answer your question, in NBA whether I’m playing cash or gpp I’m trying to build my highest projected lineup. It doesn’t matter how I get there. The only difference in NBA is on a night like last night in tournaments you might project Ben Simmons really well in a bad matchup once you see Embiid is out.

I personally think too many “cash” players think they need to just play the exact same players as everyone else (chalk) which allows no differentiation. The key to winning regardless of format is identifying which popular plays are traps and which ones will crush you if they go off at 50% ownership. There are plenty of night in NBA when the cash line in a 50/50 is higher than in the large tournaments despite paying 50% vs. 18%. If you play the same players as everyone else you gain nothing whether they do amazing or bust. Play your best projected lineup regardless of format.

• frugal

@monarch said...

Looking at the Lakers schedule with AD out for awhile and LeBron with his customary ankle designation.

2/16 @Minnesota
    2/18 Brooklyn TNT
    2/20 Miami ABC
    2/22 Wizards NBATV
    2/24 JAZZ ESPN
    2/26 Portland ESPN
    2/28 Warriors ESPN
    3/2 Suns TNT

That is CRAZY and makes me wonder if LeBron takes a maintenance punt game tonight.

I was just thinking the same thing. I think LAL can handle MIN without him tonight.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@Brendan239 said...

What’s OKC’s pace of play? How many possessions per 100? Won’t Dort be on Dame? I’m 100% fade and can see maybe 50 FD points but the 4-5 guys below him can do that and I don’t think they need Dame to win this game. And I usually lock n load Dame.

It’s a bit of a pace up spot for Portland. No idea about Dort, but suppose it’s possible.

Mid-range at PG is indeed strong. Some worthwhile pay ups in strong spots too at other positions. Also like a lot of mid-upper range plays, like FVV and Ingram.

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

That’s nice.

Lakers on TV every other day. Could sit the Wizards game too. Don’t think NBATV matters. Or just play them all.

He is on a mission to win MVP. He is not sitting unless he is really hurt.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

He is on a mission to win MVP. He is not sitting unless he is really hurt.

I don’t disagree, but if he’s not really hurt, then get him off the damn injury report already.

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

I don’t disagree, but if he’s not really hurt, then get him off the damn injury report already.

He is on the injury report so the Lakers can actually sit him down any time they feel like it without repercussions from the league.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

Kyrie Irving (back) ruled out Tuesday. https://t.co/Z3wU9Ea1et

• dominicanpapi

So who plays in a Suns blowout?

• frugal

@theIrrigator said...

• Brendan239

Harden + Shamet time!!!!!

• billythekidcowboysheat

Late-Night-Nets-Suns

🔨🔨🔨

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

@theIrrigator said...

Saw this coming….BUT, I don’t like it.

Really just wanted to fade Kyrie and Harden…

• Njsum1

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

Late-Night-Nets-Suns

🔨🔨🔨

I can’t touch that 😎

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

@Brendan239 said...

I wouldn’t worry about Dort

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

Yeah this sucks, you kinda have to take a couple shares of Harden.

Maybe some TLC, shamet and DAJ

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

At least you get to fade one of them now

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

Status note: Andre Roberson available to make Nets debut Tuesday.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

@theIrrigator said...

At least you get to fade one of them now

Yeah, and now wonder about guys like Shamet, Brown, Harris, and so on. We even have Tyler Johnson revenge on the table!!

• tmarohl

Do Harden and CP3 not like each other anymore? Could be a battle there.

• frugal

Even in a blowout, Harden’s likely to see 30+ minutes with a floor ~50 probably a little more. If the game stays relatively close, we know what Harden is capable of.

• frugal

@tmarohl said...

Do Harden and CP3 not like each other anymore? Could be a battle there.

CP3 doesn’t like Harden IIRC, I’m not sure Harden really likes anyone.

• emnj69

it was no bold call but I saw kyrie sitting coming for sure-he is so freaking soft
    cp3 hates harden too. I am sure they will be on a mission to shut him down

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).