8:00 PM EST : Denver ( -3.5 ) at Washington ( 3.5 ) —- T: 232.5
    8:00 PM EST : Indiana ( -6 ) at Minnesota ( 6 ) —- T: 225.5
    8:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 3 ) at Chicago ( -3 ) —- T: 222
    9:00 PM EST : Portland ( 2.5 ) at New Orleans ( -2.5 ) —- T: 236
    9:00 PM EST : Oklahoma City ( 7 ) at Memphis ( -7 ) — T: 224.5
    10:00 PM EST: Miami ( 1.5 ) at Golden State ( -1.5 ) — T: 224.5
    10:00 PM EST : Utah ( -4 ) at LA Clippers ( 4 ) —- T: 227

DRAFTKINGS RG NBA FORUM LEAGUE

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• tmarohl

@Sleazygreazy said...

Lmao, so more information. Love it.

Never change Brendan. But leave the broad – as burner I believe alluded too, lot of beautiful women out there.

How was your vacation? You certainly have the winnings to enjoy one :)

• tmarohl

@dragon1952 said...

There’s a PM option.

You could also just skip over it.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

At first glance, I’m loving Noel clogging the inside and letting Vuc fire away 10 3FGA. This could get ugly fast though, which means Quickley/Rose on whatever guards Orlando has left on the bench could be a sweet spot.

Trae’s been due for a monster but Payton Pritchard is an upgrade defensively over Kemba, so with no Theis, and TT looking lost defensively, I’m on Capela

Embiid and Cousins playing patty cakes at the three point line allows Wall to do what Wall does until the blowout begins.

KAT’s been looking for a get well game and this could be it. Turner could see early foul trouble to boot.

LaVine’s in a smash spot, but I’ll be looking to the always underowned Coby White.

Depending on the Denver injuries, potential for blowout from either side, and the Nuggs bench being a -70 in 76 minutes yesterday, I’m loving Bertans in this matchup.

Love Lamar Ball’s defensive tenacity to go along with that offense around him. I don’t see Lillard getting shut down obviously, but if Covington can avoid foul trouble, he’s in a good spot.

Shai’s back, but you have to think he won’t see 30. Roby could see massive minutes even with a blowout seeing both Val, Dieng, and then even some Xavier.

Obviously the Kawhi news matters, but assuming he plays and Ibaka pulls Gobert out of the paint, I’m liking both him and Reggie Jackson.

Miami gives up the 3s to Guards at over a 10% rate of the NBA average.
    Steph is a guard.
    Steph can shoot 3s.
    Steph is at home.
    Steph is averaging 21 FGA his last 10.
    Steph is hitting .581 of those.
    Steph averages over 6 3s during that span.
    Steph averages a 40+ game for every 8 games played.
    Steph has only 2 in 28 games this year and is still averaging 34.5 his last 10 games.
    Steph hit 10k on FD and is looking at sub 5% ownership.
    Steph is on ESPN tonight.
    Steph is the MVP candidate no one talks about.

• Brendan239

This is why I love this forum. We’re like family. I’ve been on here for a few years and like delivering tournament-winning advice to you all and I appreciate personal advice I get on here as well. My advice, don’t get complacent in your relationship. Stay close, go on date nights, and if you are having any issues in the bedroom go get T shots cuz she’ll look to get it somewhere else. Oddly enough, we “sleep together” more than we ever have but I used to take a crap ton of supplements and it effed with my system so I was having issues. I ignored it because I had great gym sessions but she was getting attention in that way. All it takes is another man to say the right thing to get your woman’s attention. I did the same shit to chics in college that I knew were vulnerable and having issues with their BF, I just didn’t know my 35 year old wife would be so gullible. I draw a line when my wife does whatever another man wants and tells him all of our business.

• tmarohl

Did anyone who opted into this contest, get this email a couple days ago, and still waiting for the ticket to this contest tonight?

Hi tmarohl,

Thank you for opting in to the Boston Big Trey Payday on 2/12 for the Detroit vs Boston game. You will be entered into an Exclusive Free NBA $10K contest that will take place on Wednesday, 2/17. Salaries will be available to draft for the contest starting on the night of Tuesday, 2/16.

If you have any questions please reach out to our Customer Experience team at support@draftkings.com.

Thank you,

The DraftKings Team

• miggs6876

Who is going to stop Zion?

• damionismyname

• Ranked #87

RG Tiered Ranking

@Sleazygreazy said...

As an attorney and someone who also shares too much about my personal life on this public forum from time to time, I would advise you to not post anything too specific on here (or anywhere especially FB/Insta) as it could be discoverable if you get into nasty divorce litigation.

As your attorney

This is real life sleazy…

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@tmarohl said...

How was your vacation? You certainly have the winnings to enjoy one :)

It was great, drank a bunch and played a lot of golf. Sucks coming back to work and sucks even more coming back and seeing guys like Campazzo and Ninja on the slate.

Gonna have to stay away from Classic for a bit until I get back up to speed. But I slammed a bunch of night/showdown slates last night. I have a ZERO percent chance right now in Classic nor do I have the energy or desire to play a ten game slate with all these bums in play.

• Packapunch

@tmarohl said...

Did anyone who opted into this contest, get this email a couple days ago, and still waiting for the ticket to this contest tonight?

Yes, I emailed support this morning and still have not heard back from them. If I do I will advise the forum.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

Here’s what’s up, since I was called out as a mod who should be moderating the forum and that no one cares about anyone’s personal life supposedly:

1) We are a community

2) Most the people who post here are regular posters and we’re all familiar with each other to some extent. We also always welcome new posters, as there’s tons of lurkers who for whatever reason never want to come forward to add anything, but that’s there choice. I don’t think it has anything to do with anyone sharing anything personal.

3) As a community, who are mostly regulars, that engage in regular dialogue, we all know a little bit about each other. The good and the bad. It gets woven into the slate. We open up. We share. We love!

4) Brendan’s story is a part of our community, in that his story ties into his daily DFS goals, and in ways is a topic of today’s slate. I personally feel a little tied into his story, by the DFS aspect of it. If Brendan wants to share it, let him. I don’t see it as distracting. Now if I came in the thread, and everyone was discussing pages upon pages of their favorite childhood memory, or flavor of ice cream, or something, I’d be like WTF guys?! This is just different.

• emnj69

@miggs6876 said...

me if I play him

• Yeoman

@Pandamonious said...

As someone who was born, raised, and lives in Michigan though, I’m guessing that vacation is where things started to go wrong. What the hell did you two do in Michigan?!

I’ve taken a vacation in northern Michigan almost every summer or autumn of my life—our HS track coach has a cabin in Emmet county and we rent it for a week or two. Fish, hike, swim (in the summer). Except for Alaska I don’t think there’s anywhere I like better, although it was nicer 30 or 40 years ago before it got built up. I suppose you have to go to the UP or into Ontario to see the same now.

• tmarohl

@Packapunch said...

Yes, I emailed support this morning and still have not heard back from them. If I do I will advise the forum.

I emailed them to and am waiting to hear back.

• Yeoman

@tmarohl said...

Got the email, then received the ticket later, two nights ago. You should probably contact support.

• tmarohl

@miggs6876 said...

Jayzee

• dominicanpapi

@Yukerboy said...

At first glance, I’m loving Noel clogging the inside and letting Vuc fire away 10 3FGA. This could get ugly fast though, which means Quickley/Rose on whatever guards Orlando has left on the bench could be a sweet spot.

Trae’s been due for a monster but Payton Pritchard is an upgrade defensively over Kemba, so with no Theis, and TT looking lost defensively, I’m on Capela

Embiid and Cousins playing patty cakes at the three point line allows Wall to do what Wall does until the blowout begins.

KAT’s been looking for a get well game and this could be it. Turner could see early foul trouble to boot.

LaVine’s in a smash spot, but I’ll be looking to the always underowned Coby White.

Depending on the Denver injuries, potential for blowout from either side, and the Nuggs bench being a -70 in 76 minutes yesterday, I’m loving Bertans in this matchup.

Love Lamar Ball’s defensive tenacity to go along with that offense around him. I don’t see Lillard getting shut down obviously, but if Covington can avoid foul trouble, he’s in a good spot.

Shai’s back, but you have to think he won’t see 30. Roby could see massive minutes even with a blowout seeing both Val, Dieng, and then even some Xavier.

Obviously the Kawhi news matters, but assuming he plays and Ibaka pulls Gobert out of the paint, I’m liking both him and Reggie Jackson.

Miami gives up the 3s to Guards at over a 10% rate of the NBA average.
    Steph is a guard.
    Steph can shoot 3s.
    Steph is at home.
    Steph is averaging 21 FGA his last 10.
    Steph is hitting .581 of those.
    Steph averages over 6 3s during that span.
    Steph averages a 40+ game for every 8 games played.
    Steph has only 2 in 28 games this year and is still averaging 34.5 his last 10 games.
    Steph hit 10k on FD and is looking at sub 5% ownership.
    Steph is on ESPN tonight.
    Steph is the MVP candidate no one talks about.

I keep going back to that Miami/Warriors game b/c I’ve got NOTHING in the 10 PM games. Just want to add to Miami’s 3 point defense, they give up the 3rd most three point attempts as a whole but are middle of the pack when it comes to 3 point defense.

Warriors only favored by 1 so the game projects close.

If Shai doesn’t have a minutes limit, I do like him on FD. I think the SG spot is mediocre tonight.

• Yeoman

@Pandamonious said...

So, SGA is in, but Horford is OUT…..

It’s nice that Roby is PF eligible at DK—center slots are precious (although not quite as much when the Nets aren’t playing).

• dgballer

@tmarohl said...

Hi tmarohl,

Thank you for opting in to the Boston Big Trey Payday on 2/12 for the Detroit vs Boston game. You will be entered into an Exclusive Free NBA $10K contest that will take place on Wednesday, 2/17. Salaries will be available to draft for the contest starting on the night of Tuesday, 2/16.

If you have any questions please reach out to our Customer Experience team at support@draftkings.com.

Thank you,

The DraftKings Team

yes. then the contest showed up in my upcoming contest. it’s called the 10K big trey payday contest. so far around 7000 entries out of 10000

• billythekidcowboysheat

Two Words

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Yeoman said...

I’ve taken a vacation in northern Michigan almost every summer or autumn of my life—our HS track coach has a cabin in Emmet county and we rent it for a week or two. Fish, hike, swim (in the summer). Except for Alaska I don’t think there’s anywhere I like better, although it was nicer 30 or 40 years ago before it got built up. I suppose you have to go to the UP or into Ontario to see the same now.

Yeah, no actually agree that Michigan is really nice overall. Just a bad joke, as people wouldn’t normally think of Michigan as a vacation spot. If you’re into anything outdoors related, I can’t imagine it gets better overall than Michigan. There’s water everywhere, parks, trails, so whether you hunt, fish, hike, ski, bike, snowmobile, whatever, there’s not shortage of places to go.

• emnj69

so I admit I missed the boat on Facundo -is he still in play-very cheap on dk
    thanks

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@tmarohl said...

Jayzee

miggs6876: Who is going to stop Zion?
    tmarohl: Jayzee

Me:

• tmarohl

@dgballer said...

yes. then the contest showed up in my upcoming contest. it’s called the 10K big trey payday contest. so far around 7000 entries out of 10000

Never got it.

• miggs6876

@tmarohl said...

Jayzee

Lol

• ImADonk11

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #14

RG Tiered Ranking

I tried to tell everyone about MPJ yesterday although I did play JGreen bc he can fill up the stat sheet so not like I did anything with the full MPJ fade. I see people talking again about MPJ and Cuz again. For those of you feeling like falling back to them, pull up some videos of the recent games and watch them. It will make your decisions easier. Sure, MPJ can decide to play again I guess but he is clearly soft and not used to being second fiddle and it is showing, even against the gold mine Wiz I don’t see it. Maybe him and Malone had a heart to heart or something and they agreed that the offense wouldn’t strictly run through Jokic as that would be the only way MPJ would really be DFS relevant. Obviously not likely that will happen. I talked about the Cousins thing the other night before the Wiz but I will repeat it. He really doesn’t belong on an NBA court skill wise right now. Not his fault as he was once so great (which I think some of us struggle with forgetting about) but injuries riddled his career, really is a bummer cause he was one of my favorite DFS players of all time. But now he is extremely slow and can’t move laterally and on top of that he doesn’t look motivated at all. Offensively he doesn’t set picks or do anything other than stand in the corner or on the wing behind the 3 point line. Only way he gets there is if he is drilling his triples. On top of that he will never be able to stop Embid and will almost certainly be in foul trouble. Embid will do whatever he wants here. Again, sometime I think a lot of us DFSers rely on stats and numbers too much and when you actually watch some of these guys you will think differently. It is hard cause eventually a guy like MPJ will hit a ceiling again but logic and the eye test will tell you it won’t be with Nikola Jokic on the court.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).