NBA FORUM

Comments

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Toronto ( 6.5 ) at Milwaukee ( -6.5 ) — T:
    10:00 PM EST: Miami ( -1.5 ) at Sacramento ( 1.5 ) — T: 222.5
    10:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 2 ) at LA Lakers ( -2 ) —- T:

DRAFTKINGS RG NBA FORUM LEAGUE

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• jfitzgan

@tmarohl said...

Am I the only one that thinks Butler may get a rest night?

Any reason for this or just gut feeling?

• Brendan239

@jfitzgan said...

Heard that too. B2B.

• tmarohl

@jfitzgan said...

Gut feeling.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

1 out of 3 NBA games are blowouts.
    Three games tonight.
    Pick the right one, win monies.

I have none of the favorites covering by the way, with my biggest spread being Brooklyn by 2.

• charara1224

German Rondo seems to benefit the most with AD out + a great matchup tonight. Hes probably a lock for me

• jfitzgan

@tmarohl said...

Gut feeling.

Makes sense. He’s been going pretty hard since coming back from covid. Definitely a good spot to rest him. If he’s out, I envision many ties tonight.

• tmarohl

FantasyLabs NBA
    FantasyLabsNBA · 8m Status note: "(player-popup #yuta-watanabe)Yuta Watanabe":/players/yuta-watanabe-570161 (ankle) remains questionable Thursday. FantasyLabs NBA FantasyLabsNBA
    ·
    9m
    Status note: Kyle Lowry (ankle, thumb) remains questionable Thursday.

• Njsum1

@charara1224 said...

German Rondo seems to benefit the most with AD out + a great matchup tonight. Hes probably a lock for me

Unless you plan on playing them both on DK, as they’re essentially the same price, I’d take a good look a Herro as well at the pg/sg

• tmarohl

Kings
    Barnes – Out
    Holmes Out
    Metu – Out
    Ramsey – G League
    Woodard – G League

Who is left?
    Fox
    Haliburton
    Joseph
    Guy
    Hield
    Jeffries
    Robinson
    James
    Parker
    Bjelica
    Bagley
    Whiteside

Does #Jabari get to play in his first game of the season tonight?

• dominicanpapi

I always get this stuff wrong, but I think Lowry sits tonight. It’s the front end of a B2B. They already beat Milwaukee, so I could see them using that as a reason to sit him. My LU construction pretty much revolves around that news. Like on FD, if Lowry sits, I could see a scenario where I play Irving at PG instead of playing Harden at SG, opting to play FVV b/c he becomes better point per dollar play.

I really like Schroeder on FD.

Whiteside at 4500 playing 23 minutes is a completely different play than Whiteside at 6K playing 23 minutes. Not sure he’s the lock and load on FD. He’s only 4600 on DK though.

Middleton at 7300 is crazy cheap, but I should have recognized this on the last slate. Toronto got OG back, which immediately improves their defense. If I’m looking at the numbers right, opposing teams average 7 more points with him off the court. Middleton had 24/10/7 in their first meeting, but OG didn’t play in that game. This is where the Lowry news is key for me b/c I really like Powell there as a pivot off of Middleton.

• BiGtIGeRs

Won’t go 100% anymore those after lock scratches are devastating

• tmarohl

@dominicanpapi said...

I always get this stuff wrong, but I think Lowry sits tonight. It’s the front end of a B2B. They already beat Milwaukee, so I could see them using that as a reason to sit him. My LU construction pretty much revolves around that news. Like on FD, if Lowry sits, I could see a scenario where I play Irving at PG instead of playing Harden at SG, opting to play FVV b/c he becomes better point per dollar play.

I really like Schroeder on FD.

Whiteside at 4500 playing 23 minutes is a completely different play than Whiteside at 6K playing 23 minutes. Not sure he’s the lock and load on FD. He’s only 4600 on DK though.

Middleton at 7300 is crazy cheap, but I should have recognized this on the last slate. Toronto got OG back, which immediately improves their defense. If I’m looking at the numbers right, opposing teams average 7 more points with him off the court. Middleton had 24/10/7 in their first meeting, but OG didn’t play in that game. This is where the Lowry news is key for me b/c I really like Powell there as a pivot off of Middleton.

Middleton is in a funk. He only took about 4 shots prior to the last few minutes of the game when he threw a few up.
    It had nothing to do with the defense on him, he just wasn’t looking to shoot.
    My gut tells me they try to get him going again tonight with some designed plays for him to start the game.

• Brendan239

What are the odds Jrue plays. If he’s out would you go Pat C over Joseph on FD?

• tmarohl

@Brendan239 said...

What are the odds Jrue plays. If he’s out would you go Pat C over Joseph on FD?

0% that Jrue plays, has already been ruled out.

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@tmarohl said...

Does #Jabari get to play in his first game of the season tonight?

Probably not.

They’re short up front though. If anyone gets sent to the locker room or gets into foul trouble, I suppose there’s an opening there. I guess it depends also, would Walton rather finally give Parker minutes, or give Whiteside 30-35?

• jdtrey

@Njsum1 said...

Early game could be the best game though 🤷‍♂️

Maybe I should’ve typed that different .. I’m a fan of the game and will have a lot from it, I’m not a fan of one game starting 2 1/2 hours before the others in a normal season, let alone this one.

• marker0357

@Brendan239 said...

Just doing 2 FD LUs, didn’t cash at all last night. I had 0 Sabonis and 3/6 LUs I hit 350. How to be different? My first LU has Fox/Joseph + Iggy/Duncan/Kelly O. Butler might not play, curious to see if Jrue and Lowry play, will be another day to set LUs at 6:45.

Appreciate everyone’s thoughts yesterday, I’m still torn on what to do. She’s all I’ve known the last 8 years but you think you know someone and you find that they’re someone totally different and you wonder if they’ll go back to being that person. The person that talked about you behind your back and did whatever another man wanted, even though what she had at home was far greater than what she was trying to find. Hopefully I find an answer soon because I can’t keep on the fence like this the rest of my life. DFS is what keeps my mind right and bantering in this forum. Let’s get it today.

Tough call. If you feel you can no longer trust her, it will be tough to make it work no matter how hard you try. You have to differentiate between a mistake and a pattern.

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

Probably not.

They’re short up front though. If anyone gets sent to the locker room or gets into foul trouble, I suppose there’s an opening there. I guess it depends also, would Walton rather finally give Parker minutes, or give Whiteside 30-35?

Seems like the kind of night though where I can light $3.33 on fire and put him in a lineup. If he does happen to play, could have a little leverage there.

• feekdogg

@Pandamonious said...

Probably not.

I think Walton would rather suit up and get on the court himself than either of those scenarios.

• Brendan239

@tmarohl said...

0% that Jrue plays, has already been ruled out.

Would you go Pat over Joseph? With my LU it’s my only pay up option

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@tmarohl said...

Seems like the kind of night though where I can light $3.33 on fire and put him in a lineup. If he does happen to play, could have a little leverage there.

Yeah, not the worst thing.

Really depends how Miami plays.

Kings have Whiteside, Bjelica, Bagley, Robinson, up front. According to BBall reference Robinson has gotten 41% of minutes at PF this year, which is kind of surprising.

So basically, there’s 96 minutes to split up between those 4.

Yet, I can’t imagine GR3 guarding Olynyk or even Precious.

When Miami puts Butler at the 4, I guess that’s when GR3 can play PF, or maybe the Kings don’t care about matching size at all.

If they’re not going to budge Whiteside beyond 23 minutes or Bagley beyond 28, then I do see how they might play Parker 10-15 minutes.

• tmarohl

@Brendan239 said...

Would you go Pat over Joseph? With my LU it’s my only pay up option

Pat has more upside but Joseph has path for more minutes. I’m mixing, matching and pairing. Don’t sleep on Caruso either against the Nets. He is the same price as Joseph and will be in a fast paced game against the Nets.

• Kanner88

@Brendan239 said...

Just doing 2 FD LUs, didn’t cash at all last night. I had 0 Sabonis and 3/6 LUs I hit 350. How to be different? My first LU has Fox/Joseph + Iggy/Duncan/Kelly O. Butler might not play, curious to see if Jrue and Lowry play, will be another day to set LUs at 6:45.

Appreciate everyone’s thoughts yesterday, I’m still torn on what to do. She’s all I’ve known the last 8 years but you think you know someone and you find that they’re someone totally different and you wonder if they’ll go back to being that person. The person that talked about you behind your back and did whatever another man wanted, even though what she had at home was far greater than what she was trying to find. Hopefully I find an answer soon because I can’t keep on the fence like this the rest of my life. DFS is what keeps my mind right and bantering in this forum. Let’s get it today.

Sorry to hear your going through this bro , I had the same situation back in 2007 , had a 5 year old daughter at the time ,she’s now in college and 18 when I found out what she did I felt betrayed, long story short, I tried making it work for about a month and just couldn’t do it , could never trust her again and called it quits , nowadays we are actually good friends, she got remarried to a good guy several years ago and him and I get along quite well , I kept the peace for my daughter and everything now works out quite nicely, hang in there I know it’s difficult…. on the nba if buckets don’t play maybe Robinson could be a nice play with more minutes available

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

Yeah, not the worst thing.

Really depends how Miami plays.

Kings have Whiteside, Bjelica, Bagley, Robinson, up front. According to BBall reference Robinson has gotten 41% of minutes at PF this year, which is kind of surprising.

So basically, there’s 96 minutes to split up between those 4.

Yet, I can’t imagine GR3 guarding Olynyk or even Precious.

When Miami puts Butler at the 4, I guess that’s when GR3 can play PF, or maybe the Kings don’t care about matching size at all.

If they’re not going to budge Whiteside beyond 23 minutes or Bagley beyond 28, then I do see how they might play Parker 10-15 minutes.

Bjelica hardly played last game.

• Brendan239

@marker0357 said...

Tough call. If you feel you can no longer trust her, it will be tough to make it work no matter how hard you try. You have to differentiate between a mistake and a pattern.

Aaaaaaannnnddd if it might be a pattern? When this happened I spoke to her ex-husband because the guy she was sleeping with wife called him first thinking he was still married to her. Her ex is married with a daughter now, but he told me that he divorced my wife because he caught her sleeping with a co worker through her texts. I also caught her messaging guys via text and IG a few years ago (although nothing physically happened) and I told her then that if it happened again I was done. Also why I’m surprised I found her doing this. Basically living a separate life for almost 2 years with someone else. My homebody hermit wife that goes to church twice/week.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).