• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Boston ( -2.5 ) at New York ( 2.5 ) —- T: 206.5
    8:00 PM EST : Miami ( 5 ) at Houston ( -5 ) —- T: 204
    9:00 PM EST : Toronto ( -9.5 ) at Phoenix ( 9.5 ) —- T: 200.5
    10:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 6.5 ) at Portland ( -6.5 ) —- T: 204
    10:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( -4 ) at LA Lakers ( 4 ) —- T: 202.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• dictator_teddy

RG Overall Ranking

• 2017 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Cash game help please:

1) Melo or Bosh? Feel like Melo may have a higher ceiling, but does Bosh have a higher floor today with Technical Dwight suspended?

2) Beverly or Galloway?

• California_Cool

• Ranked #47

RG Tiered Ranking

Derozan put up 50 pts on miami on 1/22, and Middleton put up 46pts on 1/19. Miami is a tough defensive team with Whitside in, not so much without. At his price, and usage Harden is a no brainer for cash, as well as a fine gpp play.

• abreezy

@AdrianxBeatason said...

how bad is this anthony brown character… if kobe sits is there anyway the lakers game stays close? i think wolves could blow them out theyve been competing with some good teams in tight losses.

I watch most Lakers games…or at least portions of it. Dont do it. Brown has very little upside right now.

• Fbnkspdx

What’s a good overall win % in GPP and cash games?

• Dubar

@California_Cool said...

Derozan put up 50 pts on miami on 1/22, and Middleton put up 46pts on 1/19. Miami is a tough defensive team with Whitside in, not so much without. At his price, and usage Harden is a no brainer for cash, as well as a fine gpp play.

both of those games were when Dwade had zero functioning limbs but forced himself to play so that they could actually field a team.

• AdrianxBeatason

@abreezy said...

I watch most Lakers games…or at least portions of it. Dont do it. Brown has very little upside right now.

yea i dont like brown was just wondering bc i bet wolves m line and wanted to phrase the Q in a way that made it relevant to fantasy haha

• petraccj

DK GPP

IT4 / Amir Johnson / J Winslow

or

Rubio / Randle / Shabazz Muhammad

Thanks RG

• clatrndzl

Alright. Research is done for now. Going to go for a RZR ride and let it all sink in and come back and build LUs! $$$$$

• pmsimkins

• 2014 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

• 2015 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

I’m finding it basically impossible to justify Harden. Nothing at all about tonight lines up with him being the right play for me. He could go for 70 again sure, but I think the liklihood of him hurting you is a lot higher than than him helping you.

• debeatup

@pmsimkins said...

I’m finding it basically impossible to justify Harden. Nothing at all about tonight lines up with him being the right play for me. He could go for 70 again sure, but I think the liklihood of him hurting you is a lot higher than than him helping you.

You clearly haven’t watched any Rockets games recently. Analytics is only part of the puzzle

• lionssuck

@TheRealJoker said...

Who is the safest play tonight between Gorgui Dieng, Marcus Smart and PJ Tucker?

Dieng with Both Garnett & Pek out

• klyon28

Terrence Ross a good cash game play?

• Junokeo

Pretty Sure Trevor Ariza puts up 47 FD points tonight with Howard out again, guarenteed! … hopefully

• viciousphilpy

you DO know that Shabazz got negative fantasy points last game, right?

• kings26

MCW or rubio?

• mbunner23

@kings26 said...

MCW or rubio?

Rubio

• theamackattack

My cash lineups seem to pivot around either including Harden or KAT… Any guidance? I think KAT hits value much easier but with Harden’s high ownership %, do I really care? Especially if using Harden means Harden/Dieng?

• lavation1906

Well I’m rolling Harden out there. Last year splits against Miami (2 games and Howard & Wade played in both) 26.5pts, 6 ast, 7 reb, 1 blk, 1 stl.

• TJRhodes

@pmsimkins said...

I would have said this pre Howard and Whiteside news, but now I’m not so sure. You can look at past performances against Miami, but none of them have been exactly like this one (- Howard, + Whiteside, different rotations, 3rd game of the year was a long time ago, etc.). The few things you can count on is Harden will get 34+ mins, no Howard, and it shouldn’t be a blowout. With Hardens floor/ceiling, it would be hard for me to dismiss him entirely.

• kings26

Rubio over MCW even if I already have KAT and Dieng?

• bignish

@debeatup said...

You clearly haven’t watched any Rockets games recently. Analytics is only part of the puzzle

So what, you just think Harden is just plug and play now regardless of price since he went bonkers on a Wizards team that is the worst in the NBA at guarding wing players?

There are only 2 reasons in DFS to roster anybody: 1) Price and 2) Matchup

Is Harden underpriced given his role, usage and situation?
    Does Harden have a favorable defensive or pace up matchup that leads you to believe that he will outperform his average expected score?

You need to answer YES to one of these questions to justify rostering The Beard. I“ll let you decide.

• Sleepyfloyd16

@debeatup said...

Not saying he won’t have a good game, but is there a good chance he hits value at $10,900 on FD? His last 4 big games were against Dal, NO, OKC, and Wash. He’s been playing well, especially when Howard is out, but those aren’t exactly defensive powerhouses. SA pretty much shut him down. Not saying Miami is SA, but they are a solid defensive team. I can see him going off, but at that price he will need to hit 50 Fpts minimum. Even if he goes for 55 or 60, I can live with that, it’s probably not going to break me if I miss out. I might stick him in a lineup just in case, but I won’t be loading up.

• frugal

I threw Harden in a GPP lineup. Fading him in cash for a more balanced lineup.

• mbunner23

I can see Harden going for about 45 fps tonight, now watch him explode for 70.

• natedenver34

Would you play Harden tonight if he were playing Brooklyn?

I know, apples and oranges.

Fun fact, fantasy labs true DVP has Miami as #11 vs. SG. Brooklyn ranked #8.

Other fun fact Harden has a 35% usage without Howard. I know they aren’t paying Brooklyn, but I think this gives an interesting perspective.

I’ll be playing Harden especially with all the value tonight.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).