7:30 PM EST : Portland ( 4.5 ) at Toronto ( -4.5 ) —- T: 215
    7:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 0 ) at Boston ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 1.5 ) at Brooklyn ( -1.5 ) —- T: 217.5
    8:00 PM EST : New York ( 4.5 ) at Milwaukee ( -4.5 ) —- T: 208
    8:00 PM EST : Miami ( 4 ) at Philadelphia ( -4 ) —- T: 202
    9:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 6.5 ) at Okla City ( -6.5 ) —- T: 219
    9:00 PM EST : Utah ( -5.5 ) at Phoenix ( 5.5 ) —- T: 211.5
    10:30 PM EST : Golden State ( -13 ) at Sacramento ( 13 ) —- T: 221.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• tmarohl

@RandysCrow said...

Koufos must be on the agenda to play big minutes tomorrow sine he didn’t get any tonight

I usually don’t like to play my MU man Jimmy Buckets, but he looks very intriguing tomorrow.

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@mtjroto79 said...

At new job they have contracted with third party tech firm to police net searches, rotogrinders , roto world etc all banned.
    Cell data runs out to quck. Nosy coworkers always want to judge. Wife doesn’t like pulling up laptop everyday at 530. I hate going out to eat on days I put in 8 players at 3k and have yet to edit.

Old job it policing did not care about normal websites. Cubicle walls all around. Could get home by 4:40..

This situation sounds like my nightmare.

My gf was the same way at first..“You doing basketball again tonight?” ..yes please stop asking lmao.

But recently I’ve scaled back and started playing on short slates only. Not because of any reason other than I just cash a lot easier on short slates..so I don’t get the “are you doing basketball tonight” question everyday anymore

Last season when I was working on 2nd shift (3-11) it was really nice because my boss always left at 1630 so I didn’t have to worry about anyone sneaking up on me and I didn’t have any co-workers in my space luckily so a few of the doctors i work with also dabble on FD/DK so we’d take long breaks when we could and slide over to the private doctors lounge and watch from there and have our office phones forwarded to the phones in the lounge..glad we didn’t get caught haha

Big flurry from Draymond.

• BerkeleyBoss

I randomly put a lineup in this 1 game GSW/SAC $5.55 on FD…I’m in a tie for 3rd lol

• RandysCrow

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

@RandysCrow said…

I usually don’t like to play my MU man Jimmy Buckets, but he looks very intriguing tomorrow.

Got him and Durant as my SFs on FD. I’ll shoot you a message with the lineup that I slapped together really quick without any research or such. I actually think it is pretty well constructed, which means it will flop!

Pow! Huge late G S flurry and covering the 13.5 now.

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@BerkeleyBoss said...

I randomly put a lineup in this 1 game GSW/SAC $5.55 on FD…I’m in a tie for 3rd lol

Yeah but theres like a 58 way tie for first lol so are you winning like 40 or something right? Either way I’d take it

• richierich

Can’t wait to get stat corrected out of the cash

• BerkeleyBoss

@elving188 said...

Yeah but theres like a 58 way tie for first lol so are you winning like 40 or something right? Either way I’d take it

Needed another 2 points from Fox in the last minute and i tie for 1st, instead i get like $45 haha

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@BerkeleyBoss said...

Needed another 2 points from Fox in the last minute and i tie for 1st, instead i get like $45 haha

+ $40 bucks! Thats a win

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

DK can suck my ass with that $20 tourney every night bs now

glad the $4, 25k to first is back!

• KindGuy

Not over thinking stuff from now on. Just gonna eat the chalk. Boston went off as expected and all I had was Horford.

Tomorrow, I’m stacking the shit out of Houston. Isaiah Thomas was the worst person the Cavs could’ve acquired.

• BBWC_10

@RandysCrow said...

Koufos must be on the agenda to play big minutes tomorrow sine he didn’t get any tonight

Yes good call, tonight was not his type of game Dallas is slower tempo more suited for Duffos.

• tmarohl

@elementasrat said...

Not over thinking stuff from now on. Just gonna eat the chalk. Boston went off as expected and all I had was Horford.

Tomorrow, I’m stacking the shit out of Houston. Isaiah Thomas was the worst person the Cavs could’ve acquired.

I believe if you go against the chalk, most of the time, you will lose. Need to differentiate elsewhere. There is a reason guys like Rozier are chalk. That reason is they are good plays. Much easier to get away with fading high price chalk like Lebummer than low cost chalk.

• KindGuy

@tmarohl said...

I believe if you go against the chalk, most of the time, you will lose. Need to differentiate elsewhere. There is a reason guys like Rozier are chalk. That reason is they are good plays. Much easier to get away with fading high price chalk like Lebummer than low cost chalk.

You didn’t think Rozier was a little pricey on DK? I thought it was a sharp fade since he need like 40 dk just to return 6x but I guess not. Oh well, hopefully Kyrie is out one more game so Rozier can bust against the Blazers tomorrow.

• Lathum

8 guys over 10K on the slate tomorrow, all in great spots except Drummond

• tmarohl

@elementasrat said...

You didn’t think Rozier was a little pricey on DK? I thought it was a sharp fade since he need like 40 dk just to return 6x but I guess not. Oh well, hopefully Kyrie is out one more game so Rozier can bust against the Blazers tomorrow.

I didn’t play him on DK, but he was priced similarly on FD and I had him in a ton of lineups. I thought he was fairly priced. I didn’t think he would put up what he did, but I had him pegged for about 32-35 fantasy points knowing the Celtics didn’t have anyone to back him up.

• Bnett2210

@tmarohl said...

Agree with that, fading cheap chalk hurts you more than anything in the long run I’d say too. There not going to completely kill you if they bust, but they will kill you if they 7-10x value that night, especially when they crush value and would have helped you spend up with the extra salary.

• tmarohl

@Lathum said...

8 guys over 10K on the slate tomorrow, all in great spots except Drummond

You must be referring to FD, because there is only three guys over 10K tomorrow on DK over 10K, of which I would say two are in good spots. Of the 8 guys on FD, I only think that four are in good spots. Lebron, Durant, Drummond, and Jokic seem over priced to me.

• SkateFiend

I was 8 points short of cashing in the Yahoo GPP because Buddy Hield sat out most of the third quarter. He played less minutes than Josh Jackson, who actually played in a blowout.

Hield was something like 3% owned in that contest. I SHOULD have cashed. He deserved to play 30 minutes.

Does Vince Cater really need to play 20 minutes at this point of his career? Meanwhile Greg Monroe sat on the bench for most of January. There’s really no dispute that these teams want to tank. Their congested “everyone has to play 20 minutes a game” rotation scheme guarantees that the team won’t be competitive over the long run. Just imagine if Lou Williams had joined the Kings.

Is the NBA ok with this? How much is a ticket to a Suns or a Kings game? I wouldn’t play a hundred bucks to watch a team playing not to win.

• Bnett2210

I know a few people like the single bullet tournies, just wondering if the cash line or the top scores are lower or about the same as regular max entry GPP’s? I was thinking would be lower because you don’t have as many combos from people, but wanted some input on it??

• RandysCrow

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

Lebron, Durant, Drummond, and Jokic seem over priced to me.

I would add Embiid to that as well since I don’t think they give him a full compliment of minutes on his first B2B of the season. I say around 22-24 minutes which isn’t enough for him to hit value.

• RandysCrow

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

@SkateFiend said...

I was 8 points short of cashing in the Yahoo GPP because Buddy Hield sat out most of the third quarter. He played less minutes than Josh Jackson, who actually played in a blowout.

Hield was something like 3% owned in that contest. I SHOULD have cashed. He deserved to play 30 minutes.

Does Vince Cater really need to play 20 minutes at this point of his career? Meanwhile Greg Monroe sat on the bench for most of January. There’s really no dispute that these teams want to tank. Their congested “everyone has to play 20 minutes a game” rotation scheme guarantees that the team won’t be competitive over the long run. Just imagine if Lou Williams had joined the Kings.

Is the NBA ok with this? How much is a ticket to a Suns or a Kings game? I wouldn’t play a hundred bucks to watch a team playing not to win.

To play devil’s advocate:

Though I overall agree with the message you are putting across, I may have had to decide with the coach on this one. Both Carter and Hield played 20 minutes (actually Hield played almost 2 minutes more). During those times Carter was a -3 point differential while Hield was a -13 (second highest on the team).

Many of the times that the Kings were matching the Warriors point for point was when Carter was on the court. So if the coaches intent was to win the game, he actually probably should have had Carter on the court longer…..Carter may not be the scorer he once was but he does seem to play good defense and always seems to get a couple blocks and steals while on the court.

• SkateFiend

@RandysCrow said...

To play devil’s advocate:

Though I overall agree with the message you are putting across, I may have had to decide with the coach on this one. Both Carter and Hield played 20 minutes (actually Hield played almost 2 minutes more). During those times Carter was a -3 point differential while Hield was a -13 (second highest on the team).

Many of the times that the Kings were matching the Warriors point for point was when Carter was on the court. So if the coaches intent was to win the game, he actually probably should have had Carter on the court longer…..Carter may not be the scorer he once was but he does seem to play good defense and always seems to get a couple blocks and steals while on the court.

In that case Hield probably should have played more at the expense of Fox, who was 1 for 9 at one point. I’m no expert on plus and minus but I’ve heard that its unreliable because it depends on your teammates and the opponents on the floor. The Kings could have Jackson, Temple and Hill playing together at one point and that combo ain’t gonna stop players from scoring.

But in any case, the Kings (seemingly) and a handful of other teams will insist on a timeshare. I’ve owned WCS on nights when he just randomly plays only 26 minutes. Hield had a brief hot stretch and all of sudden his playing time just dropped. He laid an egg in a couple games, but considering that the GM thought he was the next Steph Curry, I don’t know he doesn’t have more leeway.

• jcrebs

I complained on page one of this thread that only the top 5% cash in the DK Gold free monthly contest, and that I never cash in these tourneys, maybe it helped a little, cashed for $60 tonight , not big, but it was a freeroll!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).