Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

12:30 PM EST : Denver ( -2 ) at Detroit ( 2 ) —- T: 215
    2:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 5 ) at Houston ( -5 ) —- T: 245
    2:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 12.5 ) at Milwaukee ( -12.5 ) —- T: 232.5
    3:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 10.5 ) at Toronto ( -10.5 ) —- T: 217

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@tmarohl said...

Can someone please explain to me the logic in the Rockets trying to trade Capela for a quality wing player? Capela is the third best player on their team.

I guess they like what they’ve seen the last few games. He’s their third best player, but I’m not sure he makes them better. I wonder if the Kings would send Bjelicia and Bogdan for Capela?

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

You know I will owe you a case of I believe Heineken if he is not moved :)

LOL I forgot all about that! I’ve moved on to Redd’s Apple Ale, it’s stronger…still a deal?

• gaelicgirl

@Pandamonious said...

I guess they like what they’ve seen the last few games. He’s their third best player, but I’m not sure he makes them better. I wonder if the Kings would send Bjelicia and Bogdan for Capela?

They want to send him to an Eastern conference team…I’ve heard the Hawks mentioned

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

That is quite a lot for Capela. However, he does have a pretty decent contract. Free agents most likely won’t willingly sign in Sac. Sac already had a ton of money tied up in Hield and Fox. That trade probably makes a lot of sense for Sac. as they don’t have to spend more to keep Bogdan in Free Agency.

Houston also wants a center if they trade Capela. Dedmon wouldn’t make much sense for Houston though because of the big deal he signed.

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

They want to send him to an Eastern conference team…I’ve heard the Hawks mentioned

What quality wing could the Hawks send back?

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

LOL I forgot all about that! I’ve moved on to Redd’s Apple Ale, it’s stronger…still a deal?

Yeah, that is probably cheaper :) They make that crap here

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

What quality wing could the Hawks send back?

Could be a 3 team deal…I just skimmed the article, not sure about any details

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

Yeah, that is probably cheaper :) They make that crap here

Haha awesome!

• tmarohl

I’m befuddled on why Houston wants a wing. That is all that team is outside of Harden, Westbrook and Capela. Seems to me they need a Power Forward much more than a wing. Aren’t House, Gordon, McMemore all wings? What, do they want Deandre Hunter or Cam Reddish or something? Maybe they trade Capela for one of those guys and Alex Len.

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

Haha awesome!

It’s made by Miller

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

I’m befuddled on why Houston wants a wing. That is all that team is outside of Harden, Westbrook and Capela. Seems to me they need a Power Forward much more than a wing. Aren’t House, Gordon, McMemore all wings? What, do they want Deandre Hunter or Cam Reddish or something? Maybe they trade Capela for one of those guys and Alex Len.

I don’t get it, either. What would they do for a center? Here’s the only thing I’ve read about it, FWIW
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2874385-woj-rockets-discussing-clint-capela-trade-with-hawks-eastern-conference-teams

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

I don’t get it, either. What would they do for a center? Here’s the only thing I’ve read about it, FWIW
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2874385-woj-rockets-discussing-clint-capela-trade-with-hawks-eastern-conference-teams

I get that Capela is their only trade asset. I just don’t get why they want to acquire a wing and a center. No way they get a center back as good as Capela, and they already have a shitload of wings. Just doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. I think they would be better off trying to trade one of their guys like House or Gordon for a servicable power forward.

• tmarohl

GG – I don’t know what Minnesota has in trade assets outside of Covington, who doesn’t fit the Warriors, but they are hell bent on acquiring DLo to appease Kat. Minn thinks they can get two first rounders for Covington. Newsflash, they won’t. But if they did, I could see them doing something stupid like two or three first round picks plus Wiggins for DLo. GS could then just dump Wiggins for whatever they could get for him, and it would set GS up for years to come.

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

GG – I don’t know what Minnesota has in trade assets outside of Covington, who doesn’t fit the Warriors, but they are hell bent on acquiring DLo to appease Kat. Minn thinks they can get two first rounders for Covington. Newsflash, they won’t. But if they did, I could see them doing something stupid like two or three first round picks plus Wiggins for DLo. GS could then just dump Wiggins for whatever they could get for him, and it would set GS up for years to come.

I’m already irritated with trade deadline week! LOL
    All these DLo trade rumors talk about why getting DLo would be good for the other teams – KAT could get his BFF, he’d be better for the Sixers than Simmons. But why would the Warriors take Wiggins? He wouldn’t be an upgrade over DLo and he’s got a bigger contract. Why would they want Simmons? They already have a PG and Simmons can’t even shoot.
    I can’t believe the Warriors would cut off their nose to spite their face just to get under the luxury tax or something. If they want to trade DLo, their best bet would be to wait and see what pick they get, then package DLo with the pick for someone who’s ready to go for next season that will complement the core they already have. Someone like Giannis would be nice.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

@gaelicgirl said...

All these DLo trade rumors talk about why getting DLo would be good for the other teams – KAT could get his BFF, he’d be better for the Sixers than Simmons. But why would the Warriors take Wiggins? He wouldn’t be an upgrade over DLo and he’s got a bigger contract. Why would they want Simmons? They already have a PG and Simmons can’t even shoot.
    I can’t believe the Warriors would cut off their nose to spite their face just to get under the luxury tax or something. If they want to trade DLo, their best bet would be to wait and see what pick they get, then package DLo with the pick for someone who’s ready to go for next season that will complement the core they already have. Someone like Giannis would be nice.

You know what wouldn’t be a bad trade..something like Beal for D’Lo and swap picks. So basically Beal and the 6th pick for D’Lo and the 1st pick.

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

You know what wouldn’t be a bad trade..something like Beal for D’Lo and swap picks. So basically Beal and the 6th pick for D’Lo and the 1st pick.

Beal can’t be traded.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

Beal can’t be traded.

He can after the season is over. You do it when the seasons over and the balls have dropped.

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

I think you now realize the premise of what I have been saying all along though. DLo is not in the Warriors long term plans. Whether they trade him now, or wait until the off season, he will be moved. He is a duplicate, expensive asset. Don’t believe this stuff at all about how they want to see how he fits with Klay and Steph. They already know it is not a fit. Just duplication. Eventually he would have to be the 6th man, and that max contract is too much to pay a 6th man. GS GM is brilliant. Whether it is now, or prior to next season, he will be flipped.

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

He can after the season is over. You do it when the seasons over and the balls have dropped.

True, but Beal and DLo are basically they same guy, so what is in it for either team?

• gaelicgirl

@Pandamonious said...

Beal sounds a hell of a lot better than Wiggins or Simmons, that’s for sure.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

True, but Beal and DLo are basically they same guy, so what is in it for either team?

GSW does it, because Beal is still the better player now. He’s in his actual prime and fits the timeline more than D’Lo. They still get a nice high draft pick. Washington does it because D’Lo is 3 years younger and fits the rebuild better and they get a better pick. This is assuming the teams basically stay where they are as far as draft slots.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

How about This one…

GSW: Capela, Culver, Bell, future 1st from the Wolves
    MIN: D’Lo
    HOU: Covington, Layman, Burks

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

GSW does it, because Beal is still the better player now. He’s in his actual prime and fits the timeline more than D’Lo. They still get a nice high draft pick. Washington does it because D’Lo is 3 years younger and fits the rebuild better and they get a better pick. This is assuming the teams basically stay where they are as far as draft slots.

Makes sense, plus Beal doesn’t need the ball in his hands as much as DLo does to be effective.

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

I think you now realize the premise of what I have been saying all along though. DLo is not in the Warriors long term plans. Whether they trade him now, or wait until the off season, he will be moved. He is a duplicate, expensive asset. Don’t believe this stuff at all about how they want to see how he fits with Klay and Steph. They already know it is not a fit. Just duplication. Eventually he would have to be the 6th man, and that max contract is too much to pay a 6th man. GS GM is brilliant. Whether it is now, or prior to next season, he will be flipped.

Alright, I reluctantly concede that your argument was right all along. I do think they’ll get something great back for him, though, because Myers is a smart guy.

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

How about This one…

GSW: Capela, Culver, Bell, future 1st from the Wolves
    MIN: D’Lo
    HOU: Covington, Layman, Burks

Doesn’t give Houston the C they want in return, but if the trade was made early enough, Houston may be able to flip Burks/House for someone.

I am of the belief as of tonight that Minn will do just about anything possible to get DLo

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.