• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -13 ) at Detroit ( 13 ) —- T: 223.5
    7:30 PM EST : Miami ( -6 ) at Atlanta ( 6 ) —- T: 231
    8:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 8 ) at Philadelphia ( -8 ) —- T: 217
    8:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( 5 ) at Chicago ( -5 ) —- T: 211
    10:00 PM EST : Memphis ( -1.5 ) at Sacramento ( 1.5 ) —- T: 228
    10:30 PM EST : Houston ( -10 ) at Golden State ( 10 ) —- T: 231.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• noddy

@frugal said...

Just ran my Yahoo numbers. As is the case every year, Yahoo has discounted most midrange to stud guys allowing builds tonight which have averaged near 300 FP over the last 5 games. Going to be a high scoring night. If that GSW/HOU stays competitive going into the 4th, the GSW side looks way underpriced

Andrew Wiggins $28 – I don’t know if GS is really going to be able to hang here, but running CourtIQ for projected starters shows him with 28.4% usage in what is sure to be a fast paced game. He’s taken 12,14, and 14 FGA in his 3 games so far with GS and is surprisingly showing some defensive upside in terms of steals and blocks. If the game stays close, 40+ FP looks like a fairly safe bet.

Marquese Chriss $18 – Chriss is right behind Wiggins in terms of usage with the projected starters at 24.9%. Granted, pretty small sample here for usage projections but Chriss is massively underpriced given his recent performance. HOU’s small ball lineups should give Chriss some significant rebound upside. Since Capela exited the HOU lineup, they give up the most OPP DREB in the league (nearly +5 league average) and offer the 6th highest FG% (65.3) less than 5ft from the rim.

Thanks for this. Had Wiggins. Just added Chriss.

• Ap1216

Anyone have any intetest in jval or JJJ i feel like one of them has a big game against the kings

• Wooden_Bones

@frugal said...

Broke 100 3 times in the last 6. Last 2 vs MIL 127-103 and 104-90. Are they a better offensive team without Drum and Jackson? On paper, doesn’t look like it but who knows.

The four games since the Pistons traded Drummond, Detroit has the league’s worst offensive rating while playing at the slowest pace.

• frugal

@tmarohl said...

I think they are, because they should play a little faster. This is going to be a game with a lot of three pointers taken, and a lot of dunks. Thon’s best offensive feature is three point shooting. Wood can hit the three. Rose is best in transition.

Well, MIL invites teams to beat them from 3, I just can’t see it though. I see a big, big blowout here.

• noddy

Anyone thoughts on Ben Simmons?

• Ace15

@frugal said...

Well, MIL invites teams to beat them from 3, I just can’t see it though. I see a big, big blowout here.

Yeah, I don’t see much from this game but blowout. Maybe sprinkle a couple guys here and there, but I think there areee muchh better places to attack on this slate lol.

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

Maybe. Doesn’t make much sense to me. Even if you take Casey’s exact words he called Brown a 2-1, meaning he’ll still get PG minutes. You have him at none. Also, the Pistons are tanking, but I don’t expect Galloway to go from 28-29 minutes a night to 6, while Rose and Kieff continue playing the same role. Pistons have no incentive to give Knight minutes over them.

They really have no incentive to give anyone minutes other than Wood, Thon, Kennard (When Healthy), Brown, Sekou and Svi. None of those other guys (including Rose and Kieff) are in their long term plans.

Next years Detroit team will probably look something like this

1) New PG with Rose as backup
    2) Brown at SG with Svi as backup
    3) Kennard and Sekou at SF
    4) Blake at PF
    5) Wood at C

Galloway is expiring. Still have Snell. Markieff is still there as well. My guess is both Snell and Markieff are dumped.

• frugal

@Wooden_Bones said...

The four games since the Pistons traded Drummond, Detroit has the league’s worst offensive rating while playing at the slowest pace.

Yeah…I think this is might be an embarrassing loss, like 120-85.

• Ace15

@noddy said...

Anyone thoughts on Ben Simmons?

Yes, he’s one of the guys that popped to me my first time through this slate.

• tmarohl

@frugal said...

Didn’t say I thought it would be close. Just that it will probably be high scoring.

• noddy

Harrison or Poole?

• rickleese

@frugal said...

Just ran my Yahoo numbers. As is the case every year, Yahoo has discounted most midrange to stud guys allowing builds tonight which have averaged near 300 FP over the last 5 games. Going to be a high scoring night. If that GSW/HOU stays competitive going into the 4th, the GSW side looks way underpriced

Andrew Wiggins $28 – I don’t know if GS is really going to be able to hang here, but running CourtIQ for projected starters shows him with 28.4% usage in what is sure to be a fast paced game. He’s taken 12,14, and 14 FGA in his 3 games so far with GS and is surprisingly showing some defensive upside in terms of steals and blocks. If the game stays close, 40+ FP looks like a fairly safe bet.

Marquese Chriss $18 – Chriss is right behind Wiggins in terms of usage with the projected starters at 24.9%. Granted, pretty small sample here for usage projections but Chriss is massively underpriced given his recent performance. HOU’s small ball lineups should give Chriss some significant rebound upside. Since Capela exited the HOU lineup, they give up the most OPP DREB in the league (nearly +5 league average) and offer the 6th highest FG% (65.3) less than 5ft from the rim.

Embiid at $37 against Brooklyn jumped at me. Lots of good plays, struggling on which studs to play.

• frugal

@tmarohl said...

Didn’t say I thought it would be close. Just that it will probably be high scoring.

I think MIL will score a ton of points abut DET is going to struggle to get to 100 and likely fall pretty far short.

• tmarohl

@frugal said...

Yeah…I think this is might be an embarrassing loss, like 120-85.

I would like that. Didn’t realize they played that slow. Have to remember that Rose was out for most of the games after they traded Drummond.

• noddy

What about Collins vs Miami? Yahoo has ABC then Collins next in terms on price. Don’t really want to play ABC.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #95

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Wooden_Bones said...

These things make sense, but the 4 games were against ORL, CHA, NYK and OKC.

ORL: 28th in pace/7th in defensive efficiency
    CHA: 30th in pace/bad
    NYK: 20th in pace/bad
    OKC: 22nd in pace/12th in defensive efficiency

Also, even though Rose won’t play a lot, he’s there best offensive player and missed 3 of the 4 games.

So, anyway, I think they’re equal or a bit worse with Drum/Jackson gone offensively, but relatively circumstantial.

Basically, like I mentioned earlier on DK, I don’t have much interest in the Pistons outside of Wood.

• frugal

@rickleese said...

Embiid at $37 against Brooklyn jumped at me. Lots of good plays, struggling on which studs to play.

Embiid has a prime matchup though my projections have Bam pretty much matching at a $5 discount. Probably going to build a few lineups paring each with Chriss.

• MoccasinMusic

Lavine 50 real points tonight

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

These things make sense, but the 4 games were against ORL, CHA, NYK and OKC.

ORL: 28th in pace/7th in defensive efficiency
    CHA: 30th in pace/bad
    NYK: 20th in pace/bad
    OKC: 22nd in pace/12th in defensive efficiency

Also, even though Rose won’t play a lot, he’s there best offensive player and missed 3 of the 4 games.

So, anyway, I think they’re equal or a bit worse with Drum/Jackson gone offensively, but relatively circumstantial.

Basically, like I mentioned earlier on DK, I don’t have much interest in the Pistons outside of Wood.

Hard for me to get a really good read on the game as we seem to have conflicting ideas on what Detroit’s rotation might look like. So many questions.
    Also, Giannis has been taking national media heat for not being aggressive offensively in the 4th quarter of the all star game. That makes me think he comes right out early and goes to the hole often against Thon and Wood. That makes Giannis, Thon and Wood all candidates for early foul trouble. That could open the doors for guys like Henson and Marvin Williams to get more playing time. A blowout could make that more likely as well.
    I agree with most of you that there are better places to attack in this slate. However, I get a sneaky suspicion that some low priced Piston guy ultimately ends up in a winning lineup, either because of foul trouble, blowout, or unpredictable Detroit rotation.

• Ace15

Ben Simmons with the Q tag. Hmmm…..here we goo.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

Simmons GTD…heeeeere we go

• tmarohl

@MoccasinMusic said...

Lavine 50 real points tonight

Doubtful, but I see a path to 40

• frugal

@Ace15 said...

Ben Simmons with the Q tag. Hmmm…..here we goo.

Ohhhhh…now Embiid is looking might fine.

• Ace15

@frugal said...

Ohhhhh…now Embiid is looking might fine.

He was looking good before, if simmons is out I’m autolocking him + Tobes/Kork tbh.

• FantasySultan

now I know why I don’t miss nba dfs.

wake me up at 6:50 est

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).