RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Golden State ( -2 ) at Charlotte ( 2 ) — T: 230.5
    8:30 PM EST : Miami ( 3 ) at LA Lakers ( -3 ) — T: 212.5
    9:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( -3 ) at Memphis ( 3 ) — T: 224.5
    9:00 PM EST: Sacramento ( -2.5 ) at Chicago ( 2.5 ) — T: 232.5
    10:00 PM EST : Washington ( 4 ) at Portland ( -4 ) —- T: 242

DRAFTKINGS RG NBA FORUM LEAGUE

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• captainwacky

@01blazers said...

Banes?

tillman

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

Hoping Richaun Holmes is out because I’d like to see Wendell Carter crush while Luke Walton looks at the obvious solution on the bench.

• Bodiaz36

I think pairing Beal/LaVine with Bane at SG on FD makes a lot of sense here, but I’ve been cold as ice of late so idk…

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

I have more Thaddeus Young than I want and how little I have Jimmy Butler scares me.

• captainwacky

@Njsum1 said...

Jordan just took 5 years off. 1 for baseball, essentially missed the next season as well, playing only 17 games, then took off another 3 years before I retiring to finish his career with Wiz. That’s 14 seasons.

Bird could hardly walk due to back trouble the last few years of his career. Only played like 11 seasons

Lebron is in his 18th season and will likely play at least 2 more

I was just about to say this… calling players soft now is like the most 2020 America take of all time.

1) It’s not the players; it’s the league and teams protecting their assets. Picture Russell Westbrook playing the day after he caved his face in. That guy competes harder than anyone I’ve ever seen and he still is sat down all the time.
    2) Larry Bird was cooked by the time he’s 33. Lebron will be hitting his 5th prime at 39. Not a coincidence.
    3) Why is it manly to ignore data and science that resting in meaningless games is so much better for every team outcome? I get that you’re made as a fan, but that’s not the argument.
    4) The NBA is light years ahead of where it was 20/30 years ago in terms of across the board player development. Most end of bench guys would decimate in the 80’s; the only players that would hold up across eras are the studs.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

Any day that I see John Konchar listed as a viable play is a bad day.

• Njsum1

@captainwacky said...

I was just about to say this… calling players soft now is like the most 2020 America take of all time.

1) It’s not the players; it’s the league and teams protecting their assets. Picture Russell Westbrook playing the day after he caved his face in. That guy competes harder than anyone I’ve ever seen and he still is sat down all the time.
    2) Larry Bird was cooked by the time he’s 33. Lebron will be hitting his 5th prime at 39. Not a coincidence.
    3) Why is it manly to ignore data and science that resting in meaningless games is so much better for every team outcome? I get that you’re made as a fan, but that’s not the argument.
    4) The NBA is light years ahead of where it was 20/30 years ago in terms of across the board player development. Most end of bench guys would decimate in the 80’s; the only players that would hold up across eras are the studs.

1) yes
    2) correct
    3) 🤷‍♂️
    4) this is also true

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@captainwacky said...

This take right here.

There’s a reason Brady and Brees are playing in their 40s.
    There’s a reason LeBron is dominating when Jordan would have been on the Washington Bullets bench.
    There’s a reason Millsap and Paul and Tucker and Gasol are starting and Carmelo and Iguodala are still playing prominent roles.

Athletes today have the benefits of nutritional and conditioning research that teams in the past just didn’t have access to. That, along with teams knowing how to protect their investments (Not you, Sacramento), has led to a golden age of athletes in their golden years.

Sure, we had abberations in the past with Favre and Moses Malone and Nolan Ryan, but what was the exception is becoming the norm.

• captainwacky

It applies to ever facet of the ‘soft’ argument, too; people are like “yeah, everyone in the NBA is weak and scared; they’d snap KD”.

The smaller star players in the NBA had enforcers in the 80’s and 90’s because the league didn’t care about fighting, and now they REALLY do.

Rick Mahorn was like 225 pounds in his prime, and pretty mean. Boogie weighs like 270 and you’re telling me he wouldn’t snap necks if the league let players fight? Sure, guy.

• emnj69

@captainwacky said...

So kyrie sitting out all of the time is the nets protecting him ? Lol sure

20-30 years ago the guys entering the league usually had 4 years of development in college ball and they were not raw when they entered the league

Today’s players have better training and better nutrition but there are plenty of old school guys that would still dominate in today’s game

• DefinitelyMiami

Miami Heat started selling single game tickets for upcomming games today to continue yesterdays discussion

• tmarohl

antasyLabs NBA
    @FantasyLabsNBA
    ·
    1m
    Rockets, DeMarcus Cousins plan to part ways in coming days.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@captainwacky said...

It applies to ever facet of the ‘soft’ argument, too; people are like “yeah, everyone in the NBA is weak and scared; they’d snap KD”.

The smaller star players in the NBA had enforcers in the 80’s and 90’s because the league didn’t care about fighting, and now they REALLY do.

Rick Mahorn was like 225 pounds in his prime, and pretty mean. Boogie weighs like 270 and you’re telling me he wouldn’t snap necks if the league let players fight? Sure, guy.

Boogie would get punked by Mahorn.
    Hell, Boogie would get punked by John Starks.
    Who am I kidding?
    Shawn Bradley would make Boogie his girlfriend.

Boogie’s as tough as a filet mignon served medium rare by Chef Gordon Ramsey.

• captainwacky

Kyrie is an all-time loser, I’m not going to defend him. The development from 4 years of college in the 80’s is irrelevant; it’s like saying you need a bachelor’s degree to know how to program. The game itself is different.

There are not plenty of old school guys who would dominate. There are a few. Human evolution and every area of development are ludicrously better than they were. The level of competition for the amount of money they get paid has sharpened the focus so damn hard. Obviously, you can play the ‘well if Moses Malone was born in 1995 game’ or whatever, but that’s not how I view things.

• captainwacky

@tmarohl said...

antasyLabs NBA
    @FantasyLabsNBA
    ·
    1m

HAHAHAH what timing!

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@Yukerboy said...

Who am I kidding?

Boogie’s getting punked by Houston.

• tmarohl

@tmarohl said...

antasyLabs NBA
    @FantasyLabsNBA
    ·
    1m

As I told you Kurve, he wasn’t part of the offense.

• captainwacky

@Yukerboy said...

Who am I kidding?

I mean, Boogie is very mentally soft, but very physically big. Maybe he’s not the best example. But like… James Johnson would be killing people in the 80’s NBA, maybe literally, and he would have been Charles Barkley.

• tmarohl

@Yukerboy said...

Boogie’s getting punked by Houston.

Boogie will end up with Toronto, Lakers, Nets or Dallas. Drummond ends up in Boston to fill that huge trade exception.

• tmarohl

Shams Charania
    ShamsCharania · 5m Cousins has showed he’s healthy and impactful this season. He’s averaged 9.4 points and 7.6 rebounds in 25 games. Sources have expressed positive feedback about Cousins’ professionalism and play during his time in Houston. Quote Tweet Shams Charania ShamsCharania
    · 5m
    The Houston Rockets and center DeMarcus Cousins are planning to part ways in coming days, sources tell TheAthletic Stadium. Houston wants to go smaller, younger in frontcourt when Christian Wood returns and this allows Cousins to find an opportunity elsewhere.

• tmarohl

@DefinitelyMiami said...

Miami Heat started selling single game tickets for upcomming games today to continue yesterdays discussion

Bucks started selling single games this week as well. Us season ticket holders are getting 5 or 6 games at 25% capacity in the second half of the season after the all star break.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@captainwacky said...

I mean, Boogie is very mentally soft, but very physically big. Maybe he’s not the best example. But like… James Johnson would be killing people in the 80’s NBA, maybe literally, and he would have been Charles Barkley.

This I can agree with.
    James Johnson would have been Charles Oakley/Ben Wallace with ability.

• DefinitelyMiami

@tmarohl said...

Boogie will end up with Toronto, Lakers, Nets or Dallas. Drummond ends up in Boston to fill that huge trade exception.

Exactly. Cousins is getting his $ and will join an actual playoff team not bad

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #47

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@tmarohl said...

As I told you Kurve, he wasn’t part of the offense.

I’d be shocked if this is anything other than Boogie wanting out.

There’s a reason he signed with Warriors, Lakers, Rockets. He wants to play for a winner. He thought he’d be playing with a “contender” with Harden and Westbrook. Even Christian Wood. He didn’t think he’d be playing for this. He wants out, they’re going to send him out.

• frugal

@tmarohl said...

antasyLabs NBA
    @FantasyLabsNBA
    ·
    1m

Buy out or trade I wonder?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).