RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Golden State ( -2 ) at Charlotte ( 2 ) — T: 230.5
    8:30 PM EST : Miami ( 3 ) at LA Lakers ( -3 ) — T: 212.5
    9:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( -3 ) at Memphis ( 3 ) — T: 224.5
    9:00 PM EST: Sacramento ( -2.5 ) at Chicago ( 2.5 ) — T: 232.5
    10:00 PM EST : Washington ( 4 ) at Portland ( -4 ) —- T: 242

DRAFTKINGS RG NBA FORUM LEAGUE

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Njsum1

@Yukerboy said...

There’s a reason Brady and Brees are playing in their 40s.

Completely agree with the Take that players today are not softer than years ago, when it comes to the NBA. Teams are being smarter, nutrition and conditioning is more advanced, etc. I was the first to make that point today.

However, in football, especially when it comes to QB’s it’s a different story. The reason QB’s can play later into their careers is because of the rules protecting the QB’s. Essentially if you look at a QB side eyed it’s a personal foul. QB’s, and rightfully so, are being protected by the NFL so they can have longer careers. Which is a good thing.

nutrition and conditioning is only small part of QB longevity, it’s mostly the rule changes driving the bus.

Football is a violent sport, all the nutrition and conditioning in the world wouldn’t prevent careers from ending if it wasn’t aided by the “no targeting rules” and other such rules protecting QB’s, like not being able to drive them into the ground, have to hit them above the knee below the shoulders, and countless others.

• Yeoman

@captainwacky said...

4) The NBA is light years ahead of where it was 20/30 years ago in terms of across the board player development. Most end of bench guys would decimate in the 80’s; the only players that would hold up across eras are the studs.

This is true in every sport, whether it’s from better development, training, nutrition, equipment…. It’s visibly and inevitably so in sports with objective unchanging measurements like track or swimming (already 30 years ago we had high school kids here in Ohio bettering Jesse Owens’s world record 200m time) and I can’t think of a sport that’s immune to the effect. If it’s a question of using a time machine and time-transporting players back and forth, the GOAT in every sport is playing now. (And for the record I think that’s a silly way of going about a GOAT conversation.)

An example for the younger crowd: Michigan was thought to have a pretty big offensive line in 1969. Their starting guards were 6’, 215 and 5’11”, 215. Dan Dierdorf had bulked himself up on his way to an all-American and all-Pro career and was thought to be simply enormous at 6’5”, 255. The other tackle was 218.

They’d get destroyed today, if you time-traveled them. We didn’t know how to transform people into 330-pound bulldozers yet.

• rstylz

@Wooden_Bones said...

The Rockets are planning to part ways with Cousins either via trade or by releasing him, His contract was just guaranteed for the rest of the season by the Rockets yesterday, as a good gesture and good PR.

I wonder why they didn’t trade him instead?

I can’t imagine a team not giving up a second round pick for him.

My blood pressure spiked a bit trying to decide if Boogie to TOR is the best idea ever or the worst idea ever………Thats how wide the range of outcomes could be lol.

• captainwacky

League policies are part of the equation in all these sports and our perception of ‘toughness’, though. Same reason dudes don’t throw hands in the NBA and rest. Just asset protection.

• jwq14

Morant or Lamello?

• 01blazers

@jwq14 said...

Morant or Lamello?

Lamelo by a mile

• tmarohl

@rstylz said...

I wonder why they didn’t trade him instead?

I can’t imagine a team not giving up a second round pick for him.

My blood pressure spiked a bit trying to decide if Boogie to TOR is the best idea ever or the worst idea ever………Thats how wide the range of outcomes could be lol.

Can’t even get a second rounder right now for Drummond.

• Yeoman

@Njsum1 said...

Football is a violent sport, all the nutrition and conditioning in the world wouldn’t careers from ending if it wasn’t aided by the “no targeting rules” and other such rules protecting QB’s, like not being able to drive them into the ground, etc, etc,etc.

Linemen grew 100 pounds in the last 50 years, quarterbacks did not. I’d argue that if it weren’t for the rule changes, QB careers would be shorter now than they were then. That DE running you down, or over, is of a size and speed that simply didn’t exist then.

• tmarohl

FantasyLabs NBA
    @FantasyLabsNBA
    ·
    51s
    Status note: Dennis Schroder (health protocols) out at least 3 more games.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@jfitzgan said...

Why are u underweight on butler? Who do u like at sf on FD? I’m back and forth with him.

I’m thinking it’s more about lineup make up than anything.

I’m maxing out on LeBron and Garrett Temple and Oubre with Hayward, Bridges and Anthony Sprinkled in.
    He’s in the slowest paced game with Miami struggling to get to 100 and at his price tag sits Russell Westbrook with a higher ceiling in what will be the highest paced game of the night.

Now, I still have some Butler, but I’ll be about 75% underweight compared to the field and Jimmy has been on fire with 4 Triple Doubles in his last 5 while only shooting 33 for 75 on the current road trip, meaning more scoring should come from him.

However, when a hot guy with a high price tag is looking at 30%+ ownership, I have a tendency to make my pivot there.

• monarch

James Borrego has had eight days to invent some sort of parralellogram and two on Steph Curry. Just beware…he is the Rick Majerus of NBA coaches.

• Njsum1

@Yeoman said...

Linemen grew 100 pounds in the last 50 years, quarterbacks did not. I’d argue that if it weren’t for the rule changes, QB careers would be shorter now than they were then. That DE running you down, or over, is of a size and speed that simply didn’t exist then.

I agree, I think the rules changes are necessary and great for the sport. QB’s are the marquee players, can’t have half them getting injured when it can be avoided.

• monarch

And this is a semi homecoming game for Kent Bazemore if people are into that sort of thing

• Brendan239

I feel like the Mia/LA game could really disappoint. In 8 FD LUs I’m 50% Bron and Butker and I have 2 THT and 1 Nunn, 1 Herro, 1 DRob, but I’m not putting too much stock into that game.

• Calicapo

Everybody playing Dong, right?

• tmarohl

FantasyLabs NBA
    @FantasyLabsNBA
    ·
    1m
    Lineup note: Lakers will start LeBron, Caldwell-Pope, Matthews, Kuzma, Gasol on Saturday.

• rstylz

@tmarohl said...

Can’t even get a second rounder right now for Drummond.

Well the salary is the issue really in that case.

If you told me the Raps could have Boogie for Stanley Johnson and a second round pick i would do it in a heart beat.

They are one good piece away from being right back in contention.

Was chatting with the Wifey about it last night, throwing some names out like KAT or Fro, some mobile bigs. Now i know KAT wouldn’t be on the table.

But to get Boogie for basically nothing would be well worth the risk this year if you aren’t giving anything up.

I don’t think this Masai guy knows what he is going…….

• monarch

@Calicapo said...

Why?

• captainwacky

@Calicapo said...

I mean, it’s been a fun Saturday afternoon, if that’s what you’d like to call it.

• monarch

@Brendan239 said...

I feel like the Mia/LA game could really disappoint. In 8 FD LUs I’m 50% Bron and Butker and I have 2 THT and 1 Nunn, 1 Herro, 1 DRob, but I’m not putting too much stock into that game.

I would not play the Chiefs kicker on this slate….high winds in LA

• jfitzgan

@Yukerboy said...

I’m thinking it’s more about lineup make up than anything.

I’m maxing out on LeBron and Garrett Temple and Oubre with Hayward, Bridges and Anthony Sprinkled in.
    He’s in the slowest paced game with Miami struggling to get to 100 and at his price tag sits Russell Westbrook with a higher ceiling in what will be the highest paced game of the night.

Now, I still have some Butler, but I’ll be about 75% underweight compared to the field and Jimmy has been on fire with 4 Triple Doubles in his last 5 while only shooting 33 for 75 on the current road trip, meaning more scoring should come from him.

However, when a hot guy with a high price tag is looking at 30%+ ownership, I have a tendency to make my pivot there.

U think butler will have higher ownership than Lebron? I have no clue.

• captainwacky

@monarch said...

I would not play the Chiefs kicker on this slate….high winds in LA

The salary at captain is so intriguing, though!

• Wooden_Bones

@jfitzgan said...

U think butler will have higher ownership than Lebron? I have no clue.

LeBron will have a higher ownership.

• chronoxiong

Am I stupid for fading Lebron or something? He seems to barely crack 50 fdp. And there’s a SF thats been kinda hot like lately in Oubre. The Heat are a tough defensive team too. Or am I over-thinking again? Dont forget that the Grizzlies value plays could always backfire too. Hard to trust Tyus Jones, Konchar. I already mentioned about Bane a few pages ago. Hell, Tillman kinda scares me too

• Calicapo

@monarch said...

Why?

Isn’t everyone out for Memphis?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).