RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Golden State ( -2 ) at Charlotte ( 2 ) — T: 230.5
    8:30 PM EST : Miami ( 3 ) at LA Lakers ( -3 ) — T: 212.5
    9:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( -3 ) at Memphis ( 3 ) — T: 224.5
    9:00 PM EST: Sacramento ( -2.5 ) at Chicago ( 2.5 ) — T: 232.5
    10:00 PM EST : Washington ( 4 ) at Portland ( -4 ) —- T: 242

DRAFTKINGS RG NBA FORUM LEAGUE

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Njsum1

@mbunner23 said...

It’s already being reported that LA is interested.

We can agree to disagree on Brooklyn’s defense. That had a lot to do with the Lakers having AD/Schroeder out. Those guys have showed effort on defense maybe 1 out of 15 games.

They’ve actually played good (enough for a team with that offense) defense 3 of their last 5 games. Played well versus Indy and GS

• tmarohl

@captainwacky said...

Watch Bill Laimbeer game tape and tell me what he’d do right now. It’s not fun, but it’s pretty easy after watching for a few minutes.

He would be kicked out of every game for flagrants.

• kdsdawg

@captainwacky said...

That’s the thing; he totally wouldn’t. I love Laimbeer and McHale and Parrish and the bigs of that era. I’m a defensive oriented player, coach, and fan. The style is so much more appealing.

Bill Laimbeer literally couldn’t make the NBA with his makeup back then translated to now. If you want to hypothesize that he could adapt, then maybe.

since Bertrans is playing today I will use him as an example, Laimbeer would put him on the bench.
    You would not go flying into the lane back then like they do now.

• 01blazers

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

Bet he doesn’t go over 5X

• mbunner23

@captainwacky said...

Watch Bill Laimbeer game tape and tell me what he’d do right now. It’s not fun, but it’s pretty easy after watching for a few minutes.

It became clear to me after going back to 90s basketball that 95 percent of those guys couldn’t play today. Same with 60-70s guys trying to play against 90s. Evolution.

• captainwacky

@kdsdawg said...

since Bertrans is playing today I will use him as an example, Laimbeer would put him on the bench.
    You would not go flying into the lane back then like they do now.

The NBA would ban him in 10 seconds. That would be his outcome at best.

• kdsdawg

@mbunner23 said...

It became clear to me after going back to 90s basketball that 95 percent of those guys couldn’t play today. Same with 60-70s guys trying to play against 90s. Evolution.

BS

• captainwacky

@mbunner23 said...

Ding Ding.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

He had entire seasons where he shot 37 percent from the field….not the three but the field. He couldn’t exist in today’s NBA

Maybe when he was like 35. You may want to recheck that, or you know, not count the absolute downside of his career? That or you’re thinking of someone else.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

DJJ+Simons

vs

CoJo+Tyus

??

I know the first one is the “cool one” but wouldn’t the second one have a safer floor around 40?

• Yeoman

@kdsdawg said...

They used to allow hand checking, do you realize how big of a deal that is?

It means defense is a lot harder work now than it was back then.

• kdsdawg

@captainwacky said...

Link Qu

its okay not to know what you are talking about

• mbunner23

@kdsdawg said...

BS

Go watch tape of Larry Bird and tell me he could play today?

• kdsdawg

@Yeoman said...

It means defense is a lot harder work now than it was back then.

makes it easier to score

• mbunner23

@Unico10 said...

DJJ+Simons

vs

CoJo+Tyus

??

I know the first one is the “cool one” but wouldn’t the second one have a safer floor around 40?

I’m taking the top

• captainwacky

@kdsdawg said...

its okay not to know what you are talking about

Sure; what’s your basketball pedigree to be qualified as an authority here?

• Njsum1

@kdsdawg said...

lol, BS on John Starks

I mean he did throw down the dunk heard round the world 😎….John wouldn’t have been in the g league. He’s was a streaky player. He’d be a rotation peice somewhere.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

@Unico10 said...

DJJ+Simons

vs

CoJo+Tyus

??

2nd one is sneaker, especially with Tyus as leverage on other cheap Grizz. Depends on the rest of the line up. Top one is definitely “cooler” though.

• Njsum1

@mbunner23 said...

In his prime, absolutely. Old bad back Larry, no.

• kdsdawg

@mbunner23 said...

you should never post again as long as you live if you believe that, just go to your basement and play fortnight or something.
    I don’t need to watch a tape, I watched it live

• captainwacky

Larry Bird would be fine today. The absolute studs from the 80’s/90’s would translate fine. Some people are that good/ahead of their time.

• monarch

He was a 6’3 shooting guard who couldn’t shoot and didn’t rebound nor particularly good with assists. Hell of a defensive player but today’s NBA is all about efficiency. He would have to be more efficient. Can you name a single player in the league that gets floor time today that profiles like Starks?

• Joeyrockland1

@mbunner23 said...

Back on the 80 s and 90s a big man would make you pay the price going in the paint , now guys scream if their touched . I’m sick of an elbow is a flagrant foul, a defender should keep his nose out of that space . NBA has gotten softer and softer.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

He was a 6’3 shooting guard who couldn’t shoot and didn’t rebound nor particularly good with assists. Hell of a defensive player but today’s NBA is all about efficiency. He would have to be more efficient. Can you name a single player in the league that gets floor time today that profiles like Starks?

I don’t even care about Starks. I’m just saying, to say he had seasons where he shot 37% from the field is entirely false. Like, why even say it? Whether he could fit in today’s NBA is completely irrelevant to my point. Not sure this was even directed at me, just pointing out fake stats.

• kdsdawg

@captainwacky said...

Sure; what’s your basketball pedigree to be qualified as an authority here?

I am obviously smarter than you if you believe the things you believe, you probably believe Chamberlain or Kareem couldn’t play today either

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).