RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Golden State ( -2 ) at Charlotte ( 2 ) — T: 230.5
    8:30 PM EST : Miami ( 3 ) at LA Lakers ( -3 ) — T: 212.5
    9:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( -3 ) at Memphis ( 3 ) — T: 224.5
    9:00 PM EST: Sacramento ( -2.5 ) at Chicago ( 2.5 ) — T: 232.5
    10:00 PM EST : Washington ( 4 ) at Portland ( -4 ) —- T: 242

DRAFTKINGS RG NBA FORUM LEAGUE

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Yeoman

@Pandamonious said...

Laimbeer would have definitely developed that 3-ball further though…

And ridden it to a long career in the Latvijas Basketbola līga.

• 20 lines

🔒Lamelo thats it’s for me from the first game, gl everyone!

• captainwacky

@kdsdawg said...

I am obviously smarter than you if you believe the things you believe, you probably believe Chamberlain or Kareem couldn’t play today either

I believe they would both be very good. I believe you sound like a boomer who can’t accept that things weren’t better in the past. Every single thing in humanity progresses, and sports do so at a tremendous rate.

• Alvance83

30 min to do research and make
    Lineups. Glad only 5 game slate.

I’m 37 and a really good convo going here about the good ol days.

Best bball player ever
    Earl the goat

Lol
    Doesn’t matter how old or what age. We can only deal with what’s in front of us so you cannot compare or make
    Hypothetical scenarios. My 2 cents

• tmarohl

@captainwacky said...

Larry Bird would be fine today. The absolute studs from the 80’s/90’s would translate fine. Some people are that good/ahead of their time.

People don’t seem to think that the old players, would adapt to todays training methods, be stronger, eat better, develop more range on their shots, etc. Kind of laughable.

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

I don’t even care about Starks. I’m just saying, to say he had seasons where he shot 37% from the field is entirely false. Like, why even say it? Whether he could fit in today’s NBA is completely irrelevant to my point. Not sure this was even directed at me, just pointing out fake stats.

How is it false? I can read stats….

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/starkjo01.html

• conndia

Would anyone be interested in a Space Jam watch party? Could all get on Zoom or something and eat the same snacks while we watch

• mbunner23

@captainwacky said...

Larry Bird would be fine today. The absolute studs from the 80’s/90’s would translate fine. Some people are that good/ahead of their time.

But he wouldn’t be Larry bird.

• hbomb57

When is the last time you’ve seen a pick and roll in NBA play everyone stands around and there’s no such thing as crashing the offensive boards anymore…..

• kdsdawg

@captainwacky said...

I believe they would both be very good. I believe you sound like a boomer who can’t accept that things weren’t better in the past. Every single thing in humanity progresses, and sports do so at a tremendous rate.

and those players would adapt and have the same opportunities

• Brendan239

9 FD LUs 0 Fix and CP3.

GL

• mbunner23

@tmarohl said...

People don’t seem to think that the old players, would adapt to todays training methods, be stronger, eat better, develop more range on their shots, etc. Kind of laughable.

That’s not the argument. We’re taking them as they were in the 80s/ 90s.

• superjon

100% Dame, Beal, Bane and Kuzma

1 with Kanter
    2 with J-Val

• monarch

I do think Bird would be dominant today. He would be a significantly better Nikola Jokic.

• kdsdawg

@mbunner23 said...

But he wouldn’t be Larry bird.

lol

• captainwacky

@tmarohl said...

I just don’t think that’s an accurate way to look at it. They didn’t have those things available, so they didn’t do them, and at absolute value, were worse.

Basically, if you managed to hypothetically put all the players that ever lived in a room at their peak this second (without changing their development based on era) and have a draft to make the NBA right now, 80 percent+ of the best players would be from about 2000 on.

Granted, that’s just my view and take on this whole absurd convo, but like… you can’t watch the NBA back then and be like “wow, what an advanced game!”

• jfitzgan

If bagley is limited and Holmes is limited (if he plays at all) is it safe to fire up bjelica?

• mbunner23

@kdsdawg said...

you should never post again as long as you live if you believe that, just go to your basement and play fortnight or something.
    I don’t need to watch a tape, I watched it live

I’m not sure why you’re being so defensive. Can we have a debate without the other BS?

• mbunner23

@monarch said...

I do think Bird would be dominant today. He would be a significantly better Nikola Jokic.

Stop. I’m out fellas, before this gets worse.

• damionismyname

• Ranked #94

RG Tiered Ranking

Dieng MANIA!!!!

• 01blazers

@Pandamonious said...

Maybe when he was like 35. You may want to recheck that, or you know, not count the absolute downside of his career? That or you’re thinking of someone else.

He’s be a 10th man bench player at best

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@monarch said...

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/starkjo01.html

My original point was the downside of his career. I should have carried that to the 2nd comment, instead of never shot 37%. That’s all I’m saying. Kobe shot 37% and 36% his last 2 seasons. Maybe he should be in the G-League too?

Just an odd argument is all.

• captainwacky

I mean, specific to Larry Bird, he was absolutely good enough to be a crusher today, and his game (without any ‘extra development and proper training’) would have fit right in. Plus he wasn’t a soft-ass-punk like these fortnite playing hoodlums today.

• LetsCash

Steph only 17% on FD. Really surprised! That makes me think he has a BIG night coming

• captainwacky

Back to DFS briefly – this will be pertinent in about 2 weeks:

Status note: Nic Claxton (knee) questionable for Sunday.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).