• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Golden State ( -2 ) at Charlotte ( 2 ) — T: 230.5
    8:30 PM EST : Miami ( 3 ) at LA Lakers ( -3 ) — T: 212.5
    9:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( -3 ) at Memphis ( 3 ) — T: 224.5
    9:00 PM EST: Sacramento ( -2.5 ) at Chicago ( 2.5 ) — T: 232.5
    10:00 PM EST : Washington ( 4 ) at Portland ( -4 ) —- T: 242

DRAFTKINGS RG NBA FORUM LEAGUE

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Pandamonious

@tmarohl said...

If you could put Steph Curry back in the 70’s and 80’s, with his current 2021 skillset, he would get the shit kicked out of him and wouldn’t be in the league.

Your comment literally made Curry leave the court to travel back in time to try and prove you wrong.

Thanks.

• LetsCash

Well so much for the big night for Steph

• Njsum1

@captainwacky said...

God dammit steph is brutal in any era and soft.

This is annoying

• zovyn

We interrupt this debate briefly to ask opinion on the following (F/D):

A) Bane + Covington or B) Tillman + Haliburton

• captainwacky

@tmarohl said...

Kind of my point, players would adopt to their surroundings.

I just don’t believe that ideology works in both directions. Why would the worse skilled and physically developed players/products be fine hopping forward to the better league? But again, that’s my take on how to view it, I get where you’re coming from.

• tmarohl

Do we know if he is not playing, or just not starting?

• superjon

Good news – I didn’t play Curry

Possible bad news – I didn’t play any Warriors

• captainwacky

@Pandamonious said...

Your comment literally made Curry leave the court to travel back in time to try and prove you wrong.

Thanks.

As someone who is overweight on steph, I will be sending Bill Laimbeer to his house later this evening.

• kdsdawg

@captainwacky said...

God dammit steph is brutal in any era and soft.

wait, you just got through defending him and saying he would adapt, which is it

• superjon

@zovyn said...

We interrupt this debate briefly to ask opinion on the following (F/D):

A) Bane + Covington or B) Tillman + Haliburton

A

UNreal.. there goes another $4. No Curry, no notice.

• RipCityRings

Can’t wait to see what kind of Mulder/Wiggins/Oubre abomination of a lineup wins now.

• tmarohl

@captainwacky said...

I just don’t believe that ideology works in both directions. Why would the worse skilled and physically developed players/products be fine hopping forward to the better league? But again, that’s my take on how to view it, I get where you’re coming from.

Because athletes adopt to their competition.

• Pandamonious

@captainwacky said...

As someone who is overweight on steph, I will be sending Bill Laimbeer to his house later this evening.

Make sure he brings Mahorn with him.

• captainwacky

Ohhhh steph got Covid (or so it seems).

• tmarohl

FantasyLabs NBA
    @FantasyLabsNBA
    ·
    1m
    Stephen Curry (illness) ruled out Saturday.

• ifthethunder

@tmarohl said...

If you could put Steph Curry back in the 70’s and 80’s, with his current 2021 skillset, he would get the shit kicked out of him and wouldn’t be in the league.

Steph Curry reads this board and that’s why he’s not playing tonight?

At least I don’t have him in my forum contest.
    ~

• mbunner23

Damnit Curry. So soft. Those 90s dudes would never sit because of COVID protocols. They’d tell Silver to shove it, light a cigarette and score 35.

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

Thanks.

Lmao…just tuned to MSG network to watch a classic playoff game between the John Starks led knicks 😎 and the Indiana Pacers.

Steph Curry seems to be listed in Indiana’s starting five and no one seems to know who Reggie Miller is 🤷‍♂️

• captainwacky

@tmarohl said...

Because athletes adopt to their competition.

Again, we’re just viewing it differently.

• nerman

@SkateFiend said...

The nba product is not better. It lacks personality, creativity, rivalry, style.., you name it. It’s a one note long range shooting game now where big men are being erased.

The 90s ball placed more emphasis on high percentage shots and the earlier eras probably more so. If someone like shaq played today he’d just have his way and get all the undersized shooters in foul trouble. Most shooters today will miss 6 three point attempts and rarely go to the line.

There’s also almost no one like Vince carter in today’s game, a dynamic scorer who can explode to the basket. People rave about Zion Williams and to me he’s just…. ok. You don’t see the world being captivated by the likes of Zion. Jokic and doncic are probably huge in Europe. I don’t know.

I’m a bit older than you and watched Michael in his prime. Each era is different but I’m certain the best players of my youth would thrive in today’s nba. They could capture the imagination of fans with larger than life personality and acrobatic moves to the basket. The era of innovation has long ended.

Imagine if they got rid of the 3pt line?

• tmarohl

2 Dead DK lineups, 5 dead FD lineups

• tmarohl

@captainwacky said...

Again, we’re just viewing it differently.

Well, you are viewing it wrong :)

• Pandamonious

@Njsum1 said...

Lmao…just tuned to MSG network to watch a classic playoff game between the John Starks led knicks 😎 and the Indiana Pacers.

Steph Curry seems to be listed in Indiana’s starting five and no one seems to know who Reggie Miller is 🤷‍♂️

Interesting. I would have thought Curry would be starting for his old coach Mark Jackson, with Reggie playing the Klay role.

• noddy

Well let’s hope Oubre goes ape shit with Steph out.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).