RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Golden State ( -2 ) at Charlotte ( 2 ) — T: 230.5
    8:30 PM EST : Miami ( 3 ) at LA Lakers ( -3 ) — T: 212.5
    9:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( -3 ) at Memphis ( 3 ) — T: 224.5
    9:00 PM EST: Sacramento ( -2.5 ) at Chicago ( 2.5 ) — T: 232.5
    10:00 PM EST : Washington ( 4 ) at Portland ( -4 ) —- T: 242

DRAFTKINGS RG NBA FORUM LEAGUE

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• tmarohl

@superjon said...

Didn’t win anything substantial, but at least I can relish in the fact both of my hot takes were spot on.

What were those hot takes again.

• chronoxiong

Its sad I have to scrape for minimum GPP cash. This was the best I was able to do in the Clutch Shot: https://www.fanduel.com/games/54877/contests/54877-244276416/entries/2387135717/scoring

So many landmines. LaMelo was the first one to kill my lineup. The PF continues to be a guessing game for me all season long. I have lost count of how many nights I basically lost because my dart throws at the position were wrong. Bjelica only saw 11 minutes of playing time because Luke Walton felt like letting Bagley play out his minutes restriction to 35 minutes. Tillman? I knew the Grizzlies value plays were the wrong calls. I can spot fades. Its just putting the right players into the winning lineup that is killing me all season long. I am upset. I had the salary to upgrade Bjelica into Bagley but I fell for Luke Walton’s trolling. I spent $15 and won back $12 for another losing night. I can’t profit at all. Every night, its me failing or I lose a few bucks. I totally agree with what @SkateFiend said. All this small ball bs and uptempo shit is killing the Center position. Seems to be killing the PF position too since I can’t get any right. Too much reliance on this shit has lead us struggling to figure out which PG, SG or SF will go off on a nightly basis. And Gary Trent man. I needed you to just score another bucket or two so I could cash in the Swat and Pick N Roll GPPs. I fell one or two points short in those. Ugh…

• tmarohl

So my guess will be Bagley will be out against the Bucks tomorrow night and Holmes will play.

• chronoxiong

@tmarohl said...

So my guess will be Bagley will be out against the Bucks tomorrow night and Holmes will play.

But will Luke Walton’s trollling ass let Bjelica play more than 11 minutes?

• superjon

@tmarohl said...

What were those hot takes again.

Bertans was a trap

Dame would be the highest scorer

• tmarohl

@superjon said...

Bertans was a trap

Dame would be the highest scorer

Good takes. I had lots of Dame on FD, not too much on DK

• tmarohl

All in on Harden and Giannis tomorrow.

• tmarohl

• SkateFiend

@captainwacky said...

Alright, I guess I picked tonight to turn into an ultra-combative grinch, but here we go:

This isn’t a product issue. You’re competing against other people with the same sets of variables as you, and you don’t have to do anything other than outscore them.

This is a “I’m not comfortable with my strategy in one section” issue; your playing field is level regardless of what the scoring formats are.

I know I wrote a long post, but you didn’t get my point.

I’m not blaming the product for my failures. I’m suggesting the product (pricing, algorithm, positions) has to evolve with the game. The game is different from 2015,

For EL contests, DK uses 6 position lineups, and 3 of them are F/C (if memory serves). Lack of games have something to do with that, but the EL is typically low scoring and most players will play around 20 minutes each. Production fluctuates wildly and DK limited the positions to stop the game from being a total crapshoot.

Fanduel has modified the C position as C/1 combo for MLB contests. (DK overhauled hockey scoring a few years ago, but I don’t too much about NHL) That made the game better and more varied. I have indeed benefitted starting a catcher who went bonkers at the plate. But most of the time I’ll play safer option there.

Change is inevitable, whether the playing field is level has nothing to do with it. And since NBA clearly provides an edge to those who use optimizers, it was never level to begin with. It’s common knowledge that a few top players win most of the money.

I’m not saying I have all the answers. I’m saying for the typical DFS player, NBA is just too haphazardous for a variety or reasons, and some adjustments should be made.

• gaelicgirl

@RipCityRings said...

Bagley’s minutes for the last 10 games:

24, 21, 29, 21, 18, 19, 22, 26, 20, 22.

Tonight while “limited”:

DFS stops being a game when you become the subject of constant disinformation and outright lies, players magically becoming unavailable minutes after lock or right at tip with no warning, zero accountability anywhere. It used to be a relatively level playing field in which succeeded or failed based upon your own choices, now it’s become both a full-time job and a sucker’s bet.

Well, since Draymond’s already been flamed (with good reason) I won’t pile on there,
    but yeah, Luke Walton?

Well said, RipCity.

• rickleese

@chronoxiong said...

But will Luke Walton’s trollling ass let Bjelica play more than 11 minutes?

Bulls shot almost 60% on FGs. Whiteside played 16 minutes, bejiica 12. No size on the floor. They had to double and gave up both easy shots at the rim and wide open looks from doubling.

Surprised that Parker got 9 minutes.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #96

RG Tiered Ranking

Bagley issue in a few words…. coach can play his players as much or as little as he likes…. just don’t f’ing say anything… if you say “limited” and than play him the most he has played in a long time than it’s upsetting

Anyway nutty night
    RWB-Bagley-Tyus for LBJ-Whiteside-Simon and I win all the money even with Bane instead of finishing a few points out of cash… that’s how tight and full of landmines it was

• zline34

@captainwacky said...

You guys are acting like you’re forced to play…

I’m getting smoked. I had a bunch of steph, and pretty much 100 percent tillman and a ton of bane. It’s not fun, but you are literally gambling on a multi-variable contest that includes two platforms. How are you guys still surprised by any of these annoyances at this point (whether its optimizers, news, late scratches, scoring systems, idgaf)?

This is the only point that I consistently bring up that I’m truly serious about: understand the holistic of gambling and what your goal is in it. If you’re trying to be successful, then there’s no chance that whining about it repeatedly helps your constructive mental side.

If you’re here to have some fun, then I guess I commend you for finding a forum about DFS while being very casual, but this still shouldn’t be that surprising (albeit not as cool as it could be).

I have no problem with late scratches or scoring system. But, I do think optimizers and tout shows should be banned. Sure, if you want to discuss with your friends that’s cool. But, when I see guys getting 50% ownership when it used to be 25% it makes a massive difference on how you have to approach the game. Half those ppl would not have been on the play I guarantee it. I remember what chalk used to be like % wise. It’s not because ppl got sharper. It’s optimizers and touts. I think the DFS eco system would be better with ownership spread out. I’ve completely changed how I play and basically play against ownership now. It doesn’t take as much skill now when everyone is being fed info. Obviously I know this will never happen but I can dream.

• superjon

@tmarohl said...

Good takes. I had lots of Dame on FD, not too much on DK

Thanks. I had lots of Beal as well. Had one with them and RWB, but changed it at the last minute.

My biggest blunders were too much Bane and getting cute by taking Valentine over Temple.

• tmarohl

@rickleese said...

Bulls shot almost 60% on FGs. Whiteside played 16 minutes, bejiica 12. No size on the floor. They had to double and gave up both easy shots at the rim and wide open looks from doubling.

Surprised that Parker got 9 minutes.

That was a preview for tomorrow when they play him 28 against the Bucks. That is the Luke Walton way.

• Krispac23

Never Trust Walton. Dude is an idiot. I been saying that for a minute.

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

Well, since Draymond’s already been flamed (with good reason) I won’t pile on there,
    but yeah, Luke Walton?

Well said, RipCity.

GG, for the most part, I have lived up to my February pledge not to play Dray except in short slates. Dude just sucks.

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

but yeah, Luke Walton?

Well said, RipCity.

Good thing Luke didn’t have to make a decision when filling in for the Warriors.

• captainwacky

@zline34 said...

I have no problem with late scratches or scoring system. But, I do think optimizers and tout shows should be banned. Sure, if you want to discuss with your friends that’s cool. But, when I see guys getting 50% ownership when it used to be 25% it makes a massive difference. Half those ppl would not have been on the play I guarantee it. I remember what chalk used to be like % wise. It’s not because ppl got sharper. It’s optimizers and touts. I think the DFS eco system would be better with ownership spread out. I’ve completely changed how I play and basically play against ownership now. It doesn’t take as much skill now when everyone is being fed info.

I mean, I hate that too; the edge diminishes in every popular game as time goes on… but restricting information isn’t the answer.

• tmarohl

Can’t believe I am seriously considering pairing Dennis Smith and MCW at PG tomorrow on FD.

• zline34

@captainwacky said...

I mean, I hate that too; the edge diminishes in every popular game as time goes on… but restricting information isn’t the answer.

I know it will never happen but I used to have to put in work for good solid plays. My friend started using an optimizer when they first came out and he started beating me. He could never beat me before because I literally watched every single game. The hours I put in grinding paid off. Doesn’t seem like it does now. Maybe ppl are just better i dont know.

• captainwacky

I don’t use any advanced tools, and like 5 years ago my edge was unreal compared to what it is now. The problem is that I was also new to DFS, so my results weren’t as good. I’ve met in the middle and progressed each year, but trust me, there’s a reason I suggest all the absurd punt opportunities.

• tmarohl

@captainwacky said...

I don’t use any advanced tools, and like 5 years ago my edge was unreal compared to what it is now. The problem is that I was also new to DFS, so my results weren’t as good. I’ve met in the middle and progressed each year, but trust me, there’s a reason I suggest all the absurd punt opportunities.

I won a lot more three or four years ago though captain, and I have way more tools now than I had then.

• chronoxiong

@tmarohl said...

Can’t believe I am seriously considering pairing Dennis Smith and MCW at PG tomorrow on FD.

How about Jordan McLaughin? Or Patrick Beverley? shudders

• zline34

@captainwacky said...

Im regressing tbh but its still fun. I dont have the drive to put in the hours unless i get a big advantage. And, you dont want to see my punts lol ive had multiple 0.1% players every slate. I cant post my punts though its my only edge left. And, if they DNP/Bust i lool like an idiot. I still enjoy the bigger slates. Dont put much action anything under 7 games.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).