• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Golden State ( -2 ) at Charlotte ( 2 ) — T: 230.5
    8:30 PM EST : Miami ( 3 ) at LA Lakers ( -3 ) — T: 212.5
    9:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( -3 ) at Memphis ( 3 ) — T: 224.5
    9:00 PM EST: Sacramento ( -2.5 ) at Chicago ( 2.5 ) — T: 232.5
    10:00 PM EST : Washington ( 4 ) at Portland ( -4 ) —- T: 242

DRAFTKINGS RG NBA FORUM LEAGUE

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@captainwacky said...

Bro, it’s just 70 real points; all the cool kids are doing it!

Damn these kids and there fast, no defense just shoot it from anywhere basketball. Resting all the time too!

Back in my day it wasn’t about how many points you scored, it was about how many bruises you had and who’s knees cracked the loudest.

• captainwacky

Yeah; both Len/Whiteside and all the other plays are just to remind us that we don’t need to be myopic on the grizzlie’s value; too often the way these small slates go with one source of clear value is that everyone has maximum combos of the obvious value plus rotating studs, but if you can find a setup that outkicks the obvious value (even if it’s super good), you’ll win tournaments.

• superjon

Bane is probably the only Grizz value I really like.

Would take a chance on some others if I was playing more than 3 lineups.

• captainwacky

@Pandamonious said...

Damn these kids and there fast, no defense just shoot it from anywhere basketball. Resting all the time too!

Back in my day it wasn’t about how many points you scored, it was about how many bruises you had and who’s knees cracked the loudest.

AM Radio stations would replay the amount of cartilage pops Kevin McHale had on each up-and-under while MJ would drink during games and players were working side jobs just because they weren’t spoiled punks! The 1982 76ers would win every game in 2021 by TKO.

• captainwacky

@superjon said...

Bane is probably the only Grizz value I really like.

Would take a chance on some others if I was playing more than 3 lineups.

I like Bane a lot, but I really can’t see how Tillman doesn’t crush.

• Njsum1

@captainwacky said...

myopic

• NarrowJ

I would have agreed with most of the talk about PHO opponents being a DFS wasteland, but they’ve allowed 110+ in 5 of their last 6 now.

2/19 Gave up 114 to NO, starters shot 55% and Lonzo w/ 12 ast and Willy w/ 13 reb
    2/16 Gave up 124 and 20 3pt makes to BKN
    2/14 They thumped a crappy ORL team
    2/13 Gave up 111 to PHI who shot 52% overall and 41% from 3
    2/10 Gave up 124 to MIL who shot 51% overall and 43% from 3
    2/8 Gave up 113 and 50+ % shooting to CLE

I guess you could say all of those teams are pretty decent and this game would most closely resemble 2/14 vs ORL, but to me, I think you can play guys against PHO here with most of them being really cheap. If everybody on MEM is healthy, then obviously no.

• Codyveo

@captainwacky said...

I like Bane, Tillman, and Melton. Maybe I’m an idiot though lol

• captainwacky

@Codyveo said...

I like Bane, Tillman, and Melton. Maybe I’m an idiot though lol

Those are my three favorite, esp melton’s price on FD. But Tillman is the easiest for me, followed by Bane. Melton is just as good a value on FD, but his opportunity cost at PG is very high.

• chronoxiong

Bane’s season high in FDP is 26 fdp. But he seems strictly a shooter. Not sure he has much upside than that. Or am I trying to over-think? There’s “better” SG options to pick from on FD.

• captainwacky

@chronoxiong said...

Bane’s season high in FDP is 26 fdp. But he seems strictly a shooter. Not sure he has much upside than that. Or am I trying to over-think? There’s “better” SG options to pick from on FD.

I think you’re overthinking it, but there are layers to how well he can do. His skillset is very diverse, he just happens to be a shooter in their usual roster makeup. Butttt he can put it on the ground, finish, pass, plays D, and I’m banking on this being a schedule loss for them and not having Morant/Jval get extended. So I’m viewing the ancillary pieces of the Grizz as even stronger than models would suggest.

Of course, I can be wrong, but these guys should be ‘really good’ plays at worst while I view them as home runs.

• Njsum1

@chronoxiong said...

You could play him in a few. I like the combo of Trent and Rozier on FD

• frugal

@captainwacky said...

Tillman could absolutely crush. Also consider if he starts, that should mean more Dieng off the bench at C. Lot’s of ways to twist the MEM value here. Another thought is with the guys out tonight to load up on JVal and Ja who should have mega usage and in a close game may see close to 40 minutes

EDIT: Conversely, if the game blows out, Bane and Tillman could be the guys sees upper 30’s.

• Kanner88

Whiteside needs to be traded to a team that needs a true center , Chicago comes to mind , 30 to 35 minutes a night , he’d be a 8 to 9k again , get him out of Sacramento with that idiot of a coach Luke Walton , I’m from Chicago and would LOVE to see that happen , instant playoff team IMO

• frugal

@Kanner88 said...

Whiteside needs to be traded to a team that needs a true center , Chicago comes to mind , 30 to 35 minutes a night , he’d be a 8 to 9k again , get him out of Sacramento with that idiot of a coach Luke Walton , I’m from Chicago and would LOVE to see that happen , instant playoff team IMO

We’d take him in Dallas.

• NarrowJ

Bane just hit 26, 27 and 28 on DK in the last week and is 3800 there, so makes sense to me. Especially if he hits 30 mins, which is plenty reasonable given how many guys are out. Those 3 games I just listed he only played like 26 mins in each.

• captainwacky

@Kanner88 said...

I’m a Bulls fan and want nothing to do with him. All the talent in the world, but there are few people that try as little as he does on the court. He had one awesome season (and a10 block triple double at our expense), got paid, and was like “cool.”

• superjon

@captainwacky said...

This is what I’ve found.

Anderson hasn’t missed any games this year.
    Brooks has missed 1 game, and Allen and Clarke have each missed 4.
    None of them have been out at the same time.

Tillman did well in the 1 game Brooks missed (last night), but Dieng and Konchar were also out.
    Tillman did poorly in the 4 games Clarke missed.
    Tillman did great in the 4 games Allen missed, but J-Val was also out in those games.

He can still be a good play, and you should stick with him if you think so.

I just had to provide some semblance of reasoning for not playing him so I don’t end up with another hot take.

• Kanner88

These players need nowadays are so “soft” …. ever see MJ or Larry Bird take a day off for load management? Lol I don’t think so

• captainwacky

I think specifically on DK he’s the best play of the slate.

• 01blazers

@captainwacky said...

I think specifically on DK he’s the best play of the slate.

Banes?

• w3junky

@Kanner88 said...

These players need nowadays are so “soft” …. ever see MJ or Larry Bird take a day off for load management? Lol I don’t think so

Agreed. But also realize it doesn’t have anything to do with toughness. But instead it’s all about the Benjamin’s. They pay these guys so much fricken money nowadays that the players are always protecting themselves any means possible.

• Kanner88

MJ and the “old” Chicago stadium, the best ever

• Kanner88

@w3junky said...

Agreed. But also realize it doesn’t have anything to do with toughness. But instead it’s all about the Benjamin’s. They pay these guys so much fricken money nowadays that the players are always protecting themselves any means possible.

True that

• Njsum1

@Kanner88 said...

Jordan just took 5 years off. 1 for baseball, essentially missed the next season as well, playing only 17 games, then took off another 3 years before unretiring (Again) to finish his career with Wiz. That’s 14 seasons.

Bird could hardly walk due to back trouble the last few years of his career. Only played like 12 seasons

Lebron is in his 18th season and will likely play at least 2 more

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).