5:00 PM EST : Boston ( -3 ) at Denver ( 3 ) —- T: 215
    5:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 0 ) at Phoenix ( 0 ) —- T: —
    6:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( -6.5 ) at Brooklyn ( 6.5 ) —- T: 203
    6:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 1.5 ) at Orlando ( -1.5 ) —- T: 200.5
    6:00 PM EST : Memphis ( 8.5 ) at Toronto ( -8.5 ) —- T: 201
    7:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 10 ) at Dallas ( -10 ) —- T: 203.5
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 7 ) at Chicago ( -7 ) —- T: 206.5
    9:00 PM EST : Utah ( 3.5 ) at Portland ( -3.5 ) —- T: 198

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• onepinrodney

@badlands92 said...

Sorry, but a 2 OT game is not skill.

Luck seems to get downplayed a lot here. A combination of luck, bankroll and skill gets people paid in DFS. Anyone who says it’s 80-90% skill is either not rational or not truthful.

A lot of people who “take down” tournaments or have a big night across multiple tournaments fail to mention their winning LU was one of 33 they submitted in said tourney.

You mean your research didn’t tell you Dennis Schroder was getting 54 fpts? Study harder, lol.

• mellofellowsu

@badlands92 said...

Luck seems to get downplayed a lot here. A combination of luck, bankroll and skill gets people paid in DFS. Anyone who says it’s 80-90% skill is either not rational or not truthful.

A lot of people who “take down” tournaments or have a big night across multiple tournaments fail to mention their winning LU was one of 33 they submitted in said tourney.

I believe the difference in skill level between those that have come close to taking down GPPs and the ones that have taken down three or four is negligible. That part is luck.

I think if you stick to the process and you come close to taking a tournament down (within 20 fps or less) every few weeks or so, that’s really all you can expect, unless you increase your volume into the hundreds of entries range and you have a statistics-heavy background (and lots of time). Managing your own expectations is the toughest part of this.

• Wrx_guy

311 points and not close to money with a team that had g green and another dud player. this shit is tough

• kmart35

Hibbert @ 3600 make value against the bulls tonight? He can be a tree but I easily see a 20+ DK night

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@mackie64 said...

I see people talking about scores lately. Dieng and Green killed my 300+ lineup last night. Seems to be a common trend to have 1 player crush that winning lineup. So I agree with most it’s luck and bankroll. I only play a few entries so don’t get over concerned just try to pick better the next night. Playing the later games starting at 6 pm 6 game slate on DK. Lot of different choices at center from paying up to mid range. Who you do like?

I think the luck factor has gone up because everyone can find so much information out there now. Everyone is solid so if you miss one player you can forget about it. Heck I had one player in my 328 lineup yesterday hit 4.5X and I lost money.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@kmart35 said...

Hibbert @ 3600 make value against the bulls tonight? He can be a tree but I easily see a 20+ DK night

easily? not easy for him that is for sure. He can get 5 just as easy as 20.

• GGee87

What happened to BeerMakers?? I havent seen his videos posted in a while. Is he on a Vacation?

• Dean21

I’m torn on D. Booker right now. His last game was bad, so I’m kind of looking for him to bounce back a little. But they are playing SA, so he’s probably going to have Danny Green on him for most of the game. But the last game against SA, he had 31 fp.

Eh, maybe I’ll just put some names on a dart board and throw.

• mackie64

I know the winner on one of the DK $1 games had right at 400 last night .

• DirkDigglerz

Pairing Tristan Thompson and LBJ tonight

• TheWhiteMamba

@slpanthers24 said...

I think the luck factor has gone up because everyone can find so much information out there now. Everyone is solid so if you miss one player you can forget about it. Heck I had one player in my 328 lineup yesterday hit 4.5X and I lost money.

Right? My lineup went for 372 last night and I won $8. Everyone has all the same information now.

• GGee87

@mackie64 said...

I see people talking about scores lately. Dieng and Green killed my 300+ lineup last night. Seems to be a common trend to have 1 player crush that winning lineup. So I agree with most it’s luck and bankroll. I only play a few entries so don’t get over concerned just try to pick better the next night. Playing the later games starting at 6 pm 6 game slate on DK. Lot of different choices at center from paying up to mid range. Who you do like?

Im not liking having to choose a center tonight. For cash i like Valanciunas/Gobert/ZaZa and for GPP im playing some Zeller/BroLo/Sully

• walkoff9

When did d-will get hurt?

• stoptheinsanity

As things stand right now I fully intend on playing Paul George tonight. For some odd reason he basically craps the bed every time I play him. Everybody has that player that they can never get right. He is mine. So there you go. You have all be warned.

• HardCore

@slpanthers24 said...

This is why i like NFL/MLB the best they’re a lot more beatable on the consistent bases. NBA all the plays are so obvious and if you dont play them you lose and when you do play them but miss on the stud you lose i prefer MLB/NFL cause i can have 1 or 2 0s and still win regularly. NBA is the only sport the REALLY requires your whole team to do great. NBA has the least room for error and thats why its the hardest to beat NO MATTER HOW GOOD YOU ARE THE NBA IS UNCRACKABLE BECAUSE NOBODYS PERFECT EVERY NIGHT PERIOD!!!!!

• migarvin99

I agree with you but to an extent because your rational doesn’t apply to single entry gpp. Case in point I finally took down a small 228 player $10 single entry gpp: https://sports.yahoo.com/dailyfantasy/contest/1061072/14923448 after getting my but beat all week (including hockey thank god that’s over). I even rostered Dieng but got “lucky” having Whiteside and Schroder getting 50 burgers with all the chalk: Deng, Parker, Paul, Middleton, Dragic…

I want to thank this site for touting Whiteside because I didn’t consider him but the more I thought about everyone using Jordan or Towns I knew he was a good tournament play because the talent was there along with the opportunity with Bosh and Wade out. Same with Schroder with Mack now gone. Did I expect such huge performances? No. I got lucky, but I also figured they would be low owned (only 6%) and that is all I needed despite having Dieng and him being 70% owned.

With that said there is as much skill involved in single entry gpp as there is luck. Multiple entry is certainly less about skill and more about quantity – number of entries.

Hope this makes sense. Goodluck to everyone today!

• GGee87

@walkoff9 said...

When did d-will get hurt?

They thought it was an ankle after their last game and discovered it was in his calf so they are being more cautious than they would be for a sore ankle.

• judgelandis

@HardCore said...

This is why i like NFL/MLB the best they’re a lot more beatable on the consistent bases. NBA all the plays are so obvious and if you dont play them you lose and when you do play them but miss on the stud you lose i prefer MLB/NFL cause i can have 1 or 2 0s and still win regularly. NBA is the only sport the REALLY requires your whole team to do great. NBA has the least room for error and thats why its the hardest to beat NO MATTER HOW GOOD YOU ARE THE NBA IS UNCRACKABLE BECAUSE NOBODYS PERFECT EVERY NIGHT PERIOD!!!!!

Just step away from the ledge…..

• jduke05

Anyway to predict what big gets the minutes on Denver?

• stoptheinsanity

@badlands92 said...

Yup. DFS is pure luck. I heard that all the “pros” are actually just unskilled extremely lucky little leprechauns. I am sure most of you already knew that. But to those that didn’t I know it can be a little shocking. But it is true. DFS has been taken over by leprechauns for quite some time now. Hopefully when they finally get around to regulating this thing they make everybody prove they aren’t a leprechaun before playing. I know this might come off as a little bit racist and I am sorry for that. But the leprechauns have got to get out of DFS. It is a completely on fair advantage. They need to go back to Vegas where they belong.

• cdaus8989

@jduke05 said...

Anyway to predict what big gets the minutes on Denver?

1. Dartboard method
    2. Dice method
    3. Pick names from a hat method. Etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znsbKpUrsXo

• Vitruvian_Man

For those of yall who play GPPs, do yall play the big tourneys or the single entry/3-entry max ones. I feel that if you’re worried about losing to players with too many entries, perhaps yall can try the tourneys that disallow such advantages.

Then, once your bankroll gets big enough where you can drop 25-100 entries, you can try to take down one of the monster GPPs. Just makes no sense to me to play in tourneys where you’re automatically an underdog simply by design.

• jduke05

@cdaus8989 said...

1. Dartboard method
    2. Dice method
    3. Pick names from a hat method. Etc.

Thought so. Seems like those methods could apply to most bigs under 5k in the early slate. Any opinions would be really appreciated.

• Brandon684

Anyone taking Al Jefferson against the Nets? I feel like he can be the sneaky play today.

• whoalookout

@HardCore said...

The name just really pieces this together

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler