7:00 PM EST : Dallas ( -4 ) at Orlando ( 4 ) —- T: 219.5
    7:30 PM EST : Indiana ( -6 ) at New York ( 6 ) —- T: 211.5
    7:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( 7.5 ) at Toronto ( -7.5 ) —- T: 227.5
    8:00 PM EST : Denver ( 2 ) at Okla City ( -2 ) —- T: 215
    8:00 PM EST : Boston ( -6.5 ) at Minnesota ( 6.5 ) —- T: 227.5
    9:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 7 ) at Utah ( -7 ) —- T: 222
    10:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 11 ) at LA Lakers ( -11 ) —- T: 232.5
    10:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( -4 ) at Portland ( 4 ) —- T: 236.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• dominicanpapi

@tmarohl said...

Seems like a Trevor Ariza blowup spot

That’s actually a really good call. But I have trouble paying down to him on FD. SF is surprisingly stacked tonight.

• MoccasinMusic

I’m playing Trevor on DK

• Ether

@dominicanpapi said...

I don’t like to project blow outs, but I also agree that this spot for Portland isn’t the best. Some things to consider:

It’s a 9 game slate, Whiteside/Anthony/McCollum are probably going to have 30+% projected ownership today. On a 9 game slate, that is kinda crazy.

Consider the matchup, yup, it’s against New Orleans who are trash defensively, but they’re a juggernaut on offense and you basically need McCollum and Anthony to have career nights. For reference, the Blazers were in this exact same spot earlier in the year. Lillard was ruled out with back spasms, McCollum scored 22 points that night and I believe it was Melos first game back. This isn’t an auto lock. Ball and Holiday are solid defensive players and right now Vegas has Portland scoring 116 points, I don’t see how they get to that but we’ll see. This is the perfect set up to find pivots because all articles, touts, and optimizers are going to tell you to jam the Blazers in. I just don’t see it.

If melo has a career night he’s gonna be a must play

• BBWC_10

@superstars92 said...

You definitely want to choose at least some CJ McCollum. He’s by far the best value play of the entire slate on DK. It’s like Embiid yesterday. It’s ok to go underweight but going full fade on him on DK is not recommended.

I thought about McCollum but I am afraid of Jrues defense. If my memory is correct he locked down Portland in a playoff game a few years ago.

• Ether

@Ace15 said...

uhhh so we going to that DSJ/Frank Stuff tonight or nah.

Hell no. Too many options to play around with knicks pg situation

• Bodiaz36

I really think McCollum will get there on volume alone tonight. I don’t see the down side in playing him, and just think it’s good chalk in this scenario. Even if we think blowout possible (which I don’t), I could see him shooting 25-30 times, assist and rebound rate should go up too

• frugal

@Bodiaz36 said...

I really think McCollum will get there on volume alone tonight. I don’t see the down side in playing him, and just think it’s good chalk in this scenario. Even if we think blowout possible (which I don’t), I could see him shooting 25-30 times, assist and rebound rate should go up too

I wouldn’t count an many extra peripherals here. CJ is a player who lives and dies by his shot falling.

• Golfnut04240

The initial look of the slate and I think the sneaky game stack is BOS/MIN. You could easily stack 5 from that game and still have enough salary on DK for other pow owned plays. Thoughts?

• frugal

@Golfnut04240 said...

The initial look of the slate and I think the sneaky game stack is BOS/MIN. You could easily stack 5 from that game and still have enough salary on DK for other pow owned plays. Thoughts?

This is the game I’m looking at as well. The MIN side is pretty easy for me, but the BOS side is trickier with their usage kinda spread out. Hard to know which guy to target…Tatum & Smart is who I like at the moment.

• Bodiaz36

Maybe not a ton of peripherals, but given the pace of play, could be a tad higher today. On FD, CJ is priced as if Dame is in, and I simply can’t get away from that. The floor (and potential ceiling) will be too enticing. I will be close to 100%, and if he craps the bed, so be it

• JSteele

Elf is on the Shelf today

• JSteele

@frugal said...

I wouldn’t count an many extra peripherals here. CJ is a player who lives and dies by his shot falling.

When Dame is out CJ runs the point and is the primary facilitator on offense. He’ll get his peripherals in addition to shooting 22-25 times today.

• JSteele

@Golfnut04240 said...

It’s not sneaky due to the injuries to both sides, it should be quite heavily owned. I do like a number of plays from that game.

Beasley, Smart, Jaylen, Tatum and James Johnson. Russell is fine too but a secondary play for me.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

God Whiteside is amused by the people talking wings for Portland.
    God Whiteside salivates at the thought of Favors trying to defend him (and then Hayes!) and Zion blowing past Carmelo right into The Dark Lord’s Domain.
    God Whiteside looks forward to his teammates launching threes and gobbling up all the put-backs.
    God Whiteside is a triple double candidate tonight and he knows it, which makes it even that much more likely.
    God Whiteside may even dish out an assist or two to the little ones during his block party.

In all seriousness, there is no center coming close to God Whiteside value-wise or P/$ unless Dwight Howard or Mitchell Robinson get their freak on during their 22 minutes of court time. Add in the fact that fair or not,God Whiteside gets stat bumps at home for blocks, almost double the amount he gets on the road. In the last month, New Orleans has been the 6th worst against Centers and give up blocks to the Center Position 58% more than the league average over the last 2 weeks. That’s rarefied air with Brooklyn. God Whiteside will look to the scorers table every single time he even swats at a ball tonight, claiming he got a piece of it. Watch and see.

With that all said, I currently have NOP-125 POR-112.
    Getting a W is not God Whiteside’s concern though.
    He may get a 20-20-10 game.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

Welcome back to NBA DFS, the Warriors sucking and the Celtics balling out in today’s NBA blog.

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/nba-today-february-21-3308394

• frugal

@JSteele said...

When Dame is out CJ runs the point and is the primary facilitator on offense. He’ll get his peripherals in addition to shooting 22-25 times today.

CJ’s numbers for this season are 21.3 PPG 3.9 REB and 3.8 AST

I went and looked at CJ’s stats over this and the last 2 seasons when Dame was out and here’s what I found:

AVG 26 PPG 6 AST 5 REB

Best 3 games:
    42 PTS 5 AST 3 REB
    37 PTS 10 AST, 6 REB
    28 PTS 10 AST 10 REB

Worst game: 15 PTS 3 AST 3 REB

Fascinatingly, the scoring distribution of the 12 games is absolutely even:

< 20 points: 4
    20-30 points: 4
    > 30 points: 4

I have him projected at 1.15 FPPM which would get him around 40 on 35 minutes. So…maybe I’ll have a little more than I initially stated. Just don’t feel a ceiling game here and I think that 40 threshold can be hit by Smart or Sexton at similar prices or beat paying up slightly to Jamal Murray.

• rickleese

@frugal said...

CJ’s numbers for this season are 21.3 PPG 3.9 REB and 3.8 AST

I went and looked at CJ’s stats over this and the last 2 seasons when Dame was out and here’s what I found:

AVG 26 PPG 6 AST 5 REB

Best 3 games:
    42 PTS 5 AST 3 REB
    37 PTS 10 AST, 6 REB
    28 PTS 10 AST 10 REB

Worst game: 15 PTS 3 AST 3 REB

Fascinatingly, the scoring distribution of the 12 games is absolutely even:

< 20 points: 4
    20-30 points: 4
    > 30 points: 4

I have him projected at 1.15 FPPM which would get him around 40 on 35 minutes. So…maybe I’ll have a little more than I initially stated. Just don’t feel a ceiling game here and I think that 40 threshold can be hit by Smart or Sexton at similar prices or beat paying up slightly to Jamal Murray.

Thanks for the info on CJ.

Think its also important to note that tonight’s matchup is projected to be 122-117. Seems like

• Herf

The last two games that Dame was out, CJ put up 68.0 and 42.0 DKFP. I’ll definitely have some tonight based on the matchup. Take the over in the book and call it good.

• mbunner23

@JSteele said...

Elf is on the Shelf today

McCollum – Mania!!

• ripking

Is Gordon gonna come out and dunk a bunch in a revenge dunk narrative. Ha!

• JSteele

@ripking said...

Is Gordon gonna come out and dunk a bunch in a revenge dunk narrative. Ha!

No he didn’t do that last time he got robbed.

Anyone else falling for the Kevin Porter trap? Bickerstaff wants him to run point and he was already playing very well before the break.

• frugal

Steve Adams put together a few good games before the break and he’s had a few really nice games vs Jokic over the last couple years, could be a nice spot tonight.

• Wampy4426

I like Sexton and Porter tonight, but I think I like Larry Nance even more. Think he crushes tonight.

• frugal

@Wampy4426 said...

I like Sexton and Porter tonight, but I think I like Larry Nance even more. Think he crushes tonight.

Why Nance, Love’s playing correct?

• Wooden_Bones

@Wampy4426 said...

Please, explain.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).