3:30 PM EST : Boston ( -3 ) at New Orleans ( 3 ) —- T: 233
    7:00 PM EST : Okla City ( -2 ) at Cleveland ( 2 ) —- T: —
    7:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 3 ) at Orlando ( -3 ) —- T: 209.5
    7:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -2 ) at Toronto ( 2 ) —- T: —
    7:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 3 ) at New York ( -3 ) —- T: 216
    7:30 PM EST : Denver ( -3 ) at Atlanta ( 3 ) —- T: 232
    8:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 5.5 ) at LA Clippers ( -5.5 ) —- T: 238.5
    9:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 10.5 ) at Milwaukee ( -10.5 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• tmarohl

@noddy said...

I will have been married 30 years this year and I also can do whatever I want. And so can she. Our kids are 27, 24, and 22 now so we are really enjoying things. We’ve always done stuff together, but plenty with our friends as well. I don’t think we’ve ever told each other no you can’t do that or this. We just don’t work that way, but also don’t overdo it. We’ve had our ups and downs, but nothing major thank God. It’s not easy, but it’s not supposed to be. You have to stick together when things get hard. Having said that if either of us cheated on the other we’d be done. I don’t think that has ever entered our minds though.

OK I’m done on my high horse. My one piece of advice would be to try and find someone you can laugh a lot with. We still laugh a lot and it helps us a ton.

You must be about my age, as my kids are 28, 24, 24 and have been married for 32 years.

• jayzee666

@sochoice said...

First basketball – DSJ is today’s Desmond Bane chalk fail IMO. He won’t have nearly as much usage as we all would want him to.

Next – this married life saga is very entertaining. Can’t tell if I like it more as a story (complete fiction) or two just terrible people who both sound a bit muddled. Either way, I’ll take it.

Best gift for her is a 4 way of her choice, with this fool in the corner watching! Wait, that has probably already happened a few times.

Anyway, rooting for the wife. She as well as the rest of us are the ones being abused here. She is just being who she is.
    Still want to see some pictures. At least he is getting the attention he wants. Don’t know how his DFS picks are doing. Have they hit their 20x consistently? Or does it even matter?

• tmarohl

@Brendan239 said...

She wrote:

“Thank you for your love. My hope for today is that we spend quality time together doing the things that we love. Today let’s focus on all that we have that is good. Let’s do the things that we love, sharing meals,l and having coffee together. I would love to treat you to breakfast, lunch and dinner at all your favorite places. All I need is good food, good coffee and you.

Thank you for six years of marriage. Looking forward to many many more. A lifetime with you.”

Just work it out already.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@tmarohl said...

Just work it out already.

Yeah, I’ll admit, we need that or a major plot twist. The status quo is not working in here any longer.

• dw12290

@Brendan239 said...

I got home from the gym and she gave me a card. And write quite a bit. An hour prior, while at the gym, I sent her a text that ended “You gave way too much of your heart and body to others. You’re going to lose a real one for a fake love.” She didn’t bring up the text but she’s skipping church to hang out. Tonight’s my $100k night. I’m going to hear “I skipped church and you’re on your phone Rotogrinding”.

Brendan, I don’t post much in the forum but I read it every day. All I can say is I’m 58 years old and been there done that through out my life. I don’t like giving advice nor do I expect it to mean anything to you or anyone else. But honestly, you will NEVER get back what you had. No matter what she says or does from this point forward you will always have doubts. Wouldn’t you rather put all this energy into someone who truly cares rather than someone who probably did what she did and then came home and gave you a kiss.

Think about that and how many times you may have gotten a taste of that special someone she’s been hanging out with. The sooner you rip off the band aid and throw it away the better and happier you will be. No chick is worth the time and effort you seem to but putting in once they cheat on you.

I don’t mean to be harsh but in reality it never works. We can make our minds think all the good we want but the damage is done and to be honest it can never be repaired.

Just my 2 cents brother
    Good luck today!

• Pandamonious

@dw12290 said...

Think about that and how many times you may have gotten a taste of that special someone she’s been hanging out with.

Wow, you went there!!

Brendan is on his way to get a Costco size supply of Listerine.

• dw12290

So Curry hurt but the rest of my LU really sucked. scored a total of 182 in the daily dollar good for 5503rd place out of 5945 entries

• dw12290

@Pandamonious said...

Wow, you went there!!

Brendan is on his way to get a Costco size supply of Listerine.

I didn’t want to go there but at this point I’ve read a lot and just felt compelled to say it.

The truth always sucks!!

• WrathofKhaaan

@superjon said...

That’s the beauty of hot takes. Logic and reason aren’t required :)

Play him if you like him.

Haha fair enough

• jfitzgan

@Pandamonious said...

I think anytime 2 bad teams with below average offenses and defenses play each other the range of outcomes is pretty wide. Sometimes you get absolute catastrophe type games where the final is 94-90 and no one does much, and sometimes you get 118-115 type games where several players flourish.

Nobody likes DSJ chalk, other than those who think it’s smart to fade it. The thing is DSJ chalk failed in NY often, because Fizdale was a menace to DFS players with minutes. DSJ will get minutes tonight. There’s no way he doesn’t play heavy minutes.

Here’s what DSJ has done when he’s gotten 30 minutes

You can fade if you wish, or go underweight, that’s fine. PG is also a pretty substandard position overall today too.

Who else might step up is hard to predict. Grant, Jackson, Bey are the obvious potential choices, but Bey really needs that shot to fall, Grant is arguably in a funk, and somewhat volatile, but certainly in play, and Jackson hasn’t yet gotten the big spike in minutes, but if you want to be progressive other than reactive, he’s probably a decently strong play, especially on FD.

Plumelee is fine, but not overly exciting. Sekou will eventually get more minutes, but not sure I’m ready to jump there yet. I’d like to see him get 14-18 minutes today though. Svi, if you’re looking for a cheap dart is fine. He’s playing and shooting well, he will get minutes and put up points, if he isn’t he won’t. It’s risky.

If you’re fading DSJ, I suppose taking a random shot at Saban Lee would be interesting, because if DSJ fails, it’s probably because he played less than expected, and the guy who would probably be taking those minutes is Lee.

Thanks for rundown. Jackson intrigues me. I’ve been playing bey recently with mixed results. Both hard to trust.

• WrathofKhaaan

What’s your core looking like tonight Panda?

• tmarohl

There are just so damn many cheap point guards today on FD I don’t know where to begin. Smith, Augustin, Campazzo, MCW, Beverly, Connaughton, McLaughlin, Cojo, Morris. The smart move is probably to play Trae and Fox or something like that.

• Pandamonious

@WrathofKhaaan said...

What’s your core looking like tonight Panda?

No idea yet. Finding it to be a pretty ugly slate so far, despite some high total games. I know it’s pretty boring and obvious, but something like DSJ, Powell, Porter, Giannis seems pretty likely if I had to start building now.

• Brendan239

@dw12290 said...

Brendan, I don’t post much in the forum but I read it every day. All I can say is I’m 58 years old and been there done that through out my life. I don’t like giving advice nor do I expect it to mean anything to you or anyone else. But honestly, you will NEVER get back what you had. No matter what she says or does from this point forward you will always have doubts. Wouldn’t you rather put all this energy into someone who truly cares rather than someone who probably did what she did and then came home and gave you a kiss.

Think about that and how many times you may have gotten a taste of that special someone she’s been hanging out with. The sooner you rip off the band aid and throw it away the better and happier you will be. No chick is worth the time and effort you seem to but putting in once they cheat on you.

I don’t mean to be harsh but in reality it never works. We can make our minds think all the good we want but the damage is done and to be honest it can never be repaired.

Just my 2 cents brother
    Good luck today!

You’re totally right and that’s what I struggle with every day. My brain is telling me to leave everyday but I never follow through with it and I’m content on doing it and moving on. I needed to hear that.

• dominicanpapi

So Leonard was on a minutes limit and played what, 37 last time? What do we make of that?

And is it a Robert Portis night?

• Njsum1

@dominicanpapi said...

And is it a Robert Portis night?

Idk about Robert, yet DK is begging me to play Jonathon Collins for 6500 🤷‍♂️

• WrathofKhaaan

@Pandamonious said...

No idea yet. Finding it to be a pretty ugly slate so far, despite some high total games. I know it’s pretty boring and obvious, but something like DSJ, Powell, Porter, Giannis seems pretty likely if I had to start building now.

Yeah I hear ya, thanks and BOL!

• jayzee666

@dw12290 said...

I didn’t want to go there but at this point I’ve read a lot and just felt compelled to say it.

The truth always sucks!!

So does she appearantly, At least SHE is trying to make others happy!

• mbunner23

Brendan, the hardest part is just doing it. You either gotta leave now and not look back or suck it up. Grinders are gonna get tired of reading it everyday. I feel for you but you gotta make a decision. You’re making it worse dwelling over it everyday.

As for today’s nba slate. Spend ups are Giannis and Kawhi. I hope the clips teabag Kyrie and the Nets. Randle looks good.

Denver game is nice.

Larry Bird still isn’t an all star in today’s NBA.

• Dfspacman

The man who keeps talking about his wife on here has to be joking at this point I actually don’t think he’s serious lol
    Why on here tho, there’s Reddit and all for stuff like that

• captainwacky

@Dfspacman said...

The man who keeps talking about his wife on here has to be joking at this point I actually don’t think he’s serious lol

Yeah, I’ve been leaning troll the whole time as well, but hey man, do your thing either way.

• Pandamonious

@Dfspacman said...

I don’t know. It all started a while back, with him saying he had just found out his wife had an affair, and how he needed to win the 100K, so he could comfortably leave her behind. That’s the DFS tie in. I think Brendan is for real, and the more we’ve made comments about it, the more he comments on it. For a long time he wasn’t even bringing it up. Anyway, I think Brendan does love her/care about her and is just complacent in not wanting to start over. There’s that aspect of it that’s easier to just stick it out and deal with it. Plus she’s supposedly hot and Brendan doesn’t want to downgrade on the looks I don’t think, and he’s worried about that too.

• mbunner23

@Pandamonious said...

I don’t know. It all started a while back, with him saying he had just found out his wife had an affair, and how he needed to win the 100K, so he could comfortably leave her behind. That’s the DFS tie in. I think Brendan is for real, and the more we’ve made comments about it, the more he comments on it. For a long time he wasn’t even bringing it up. Anyway, I think Brendan does love her/care about her and is just complacent in not wanting to start over. There’s that aspect of it that’s easier to just stick it out and deal with it. Plus she’s supposedly hot and Brendan doesn’t want to downgrade on the looks I don’t think, and he’s worried about that too.

2 5s make a 10.

• eleanorRigby

@mbunner23 said...

2 5s make a 10.

I like your style.

• jdtrey

@roomchat said...

Mind you, I’ve been married 22 years, so it’s possible I have more leeway than some of you younger folk.

But my wife lets me do all the rotogrinding I want as long as I’m not doing any actual grinding with anyone else.

To each his own. It works for us.

Lmao mine just asks if she can quit her job yet

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).