3:30 PM EST : Boston ( -3 ) at New Orleans ( 3 ) —- T: 233
    7:00 PM EST : Okla City ( -2 ) at Cleveland ( 2 ) —- T: —
    7:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 3 ) at Orlando ( -3 ) —- T: 209.5
    7:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -2 ) at Toronto ( 2 ) —- T: —
    7:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 3 ) at New York ( -3 ) —- T: 216
    7:30 PM EST : Denver ( -3 ) at Atlanta ( 3 ) —- T: 232
    8:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 5.5 ) at LA Clippers ( -5.5 ) —- T: 238.5
    9:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 10.5 ) at Milwaukee ( -10.5 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• jdtrey

DJA, MPJ and MCW are the highest projected so far.. because that can only go well!

Fox’s FD price went down again? Looks much better to me than any of the “value” PGs so far.

• noddy

@tmarohl said...

You must be about my age, as my kids are 28, 24, 24 and have been married for 32 years.

Nice. I’m 54

• eleanorRigby

Any hot takes for the 3:30 hoedown?

• CharlieDontSurf

@Brendan239 said...

I’m literally laughing out loud at the gym, people prob think I’m crazy. We hung out last night but she has church today and my son has football practice. I found a Valentines Day (which I never got) card and an Anniversary card in her glove box when I used her car last week. We’ll take the puppy for a haircut and get a coffee but I know she knows that I don’t plan on doing much. We fell asleep last night (after “hanging out”) and I told her I’ve felt more comfortable than ever with some things lately and she said “like what”. And left it at that. Maybe later

That’s cool. Sounds like you have some things figured out now.

I don’t think it’s just people at the gym.

• noddy

@mbunner23 said...

Brendan, the hardest part is just doing it. You either gotta leave now and not look back or suck it up. Grinders are gonna get tired of reading it everyday. I feel for you but you gotta make a decision. You’re making it worse dwelling over it everyday.

As for today’s nba slate. Spend ups are Giannis and Kawhi. I hope the clips teabag Kyrie and the Nets. Randle looks good.

Denver game is nice.

Larry Bird still isn’t an all star in today’s NBA.

“Larry Bird still isn’t an all star in today’s NBA

Not going to post on this again, but this is just silly. Say and think what you want, but you are dead wrong.

• nerman

@mbunner23 said...

2 5s make a 10.

• Brendan239

@Pandamonious said...

I don’t know. It all started a while back, with him saying he had just found out his wife had an affair, and how he needed to win the 100K, so he could comfortably leave her behind. That’s the DFS tie in. I think Brendan is for real, and the more we’ve made comments about it, the more he comments on it. For a long time he wasn’t even bringing it up. Anyway, I think Brendan does love her/care about her and is just complacent in not wanting to start over. There’s that aspect of it that’s easier to just stick it out and deal with it. Plus she’s supposedly hot and Brendan doesn’t want to downgrade on the looks I don’t think, and he’s worried about that too.

SpotOn. There’s so much detail it could be a movie. Side Snaps, text messages, I’ve talked to the wife on occasion (not like that but to get intel and her husband told her everything). It’s been good to get different perspectives and life experiences from the forum and is helping in my decision actually. Panda is right though, it IS hard and at my age 38 I don’t want to start over but like ppl say on here I can do better and I’m just setting myself up for failure by staying here. When I win $25k+ I can comfortably leave her because we share some bills and I started a new job recently but it’s not going to change the fact that I shouldn’t be with her. I can’t believe Robin Lopez was in the winning LU last night. I’ll check in next when my decision is made.

• mbunner23

@noddy said...

“Larry Bird still isn’t an all star in today’s NBA

Not going to post on this again, but this is just silly. Say and think what you want, but you are dead wrong.

It’s ok. I don’t expect anyone over 45 to agree with me.

• CharlieDontSurf

@Pandamonious said...

Yeah, I’ll admit, we need that or a major plot twist. The status quo is not working in here any longer.

I don’t think it’s fair that we’re only hearing Brendan’s take on this. We should find out if this other dude is into DFS. If he isn’t then we need to question what she was thinking. Is this guy too busy chopping down redwoods, or rounding up cattle, while you’re rotogrinding? Or while you’re rotogrinding is he reading “The Big O”?

• nerman

The only reason Larry Bird wouldn’t be an all-star today is because he’s 64 years old.

Probably still be a good 2nd unit wing though.

• frugal

So DSJ… I can tell you from watching him in Dallas, he’s most effective attacking the rim and is a very inconsistent shooter compounded by poor offensive decision making, so many possessions we’re he would opt for the fast break 3 when a team mate is ahead of him and in perfect position for a lob. He hasn’t really played enough this season to make any statistical predictions other than he really shouldn’t be shooting many 3’s (.167 3P% this season, career .310). Over his career, his FG% at the rim is his highest by far, but NY isn’t a team that I think an undersized guard is going to get to the rim easily with Noel and Randle clogging the lane NY ranks 10th most in terms of opponent % of shots at taken at the rim but 7th lowest in terms of actual FG% at the rim. Honestly, Noel could have a season high in blocks tonight with DET already ranking 8th in terms of opponent blocks and now we get a 6’2” guard potentially attacking the rim at a high rate.

I’m going to take a good amount of DSJ because the minutes and usage could be there to have a great game. Though this could easily be a point Grant game where DSJ plays off ball and is basically invisible.

EDIT: Wrong matchup! Oops.

• superjon

@mbunner23 said...

I’m under 45 and don’t agree with you.

Neither do the numbers.

Cross posted from yesterday’s thread…

——

Was just looking at Bird’s numbers vs Curry since Bird played 12 years and this is Curry’s 11th.

The biggest difference is Curry had a lot more 3PA

Other than that, Bird is better in almost every other statistical category.

And if we compare Jokic to the first 6 seasons that Bird played. Again Bird is better in almost every statistical category.

I think Bird would be just fine in today’s NBA.

• mbunner23

@superjon said...

I’m under 45 and don’t agree with you.

Neither do the numbers.

Cross posted from yesterday’s thread…

——

Was just looking at Bird’s numbers vs Curry since Bird played 12 years and this is Curry’s 11th.

The biggest difference is Curry had a lot more 3PA

Other than that, Bird is better in almost every other statistical category.

And if we compare Jokic to the first 6 seasons that Bird played. Again Bird is better in almost every statistical category.

I think Bird would be just fine in today’s NBA.

This is my last post about it because I don’t want this taking over the thread.

How can you compare numbers of different eras? Isn’t that the whole argument? The game is so far advanced, bigger, stronger, faster players. I’m not comparing their stats at all.

How many players in the 80s/90s could touch the top of the square on the back board? How many could run as fast as John Wall with the ball? How many players knew how to do a euro step? How many benched as much as Dwight Howard? The game like everything else in life evolves. 20 years from now, we’re going to look at players in the future as more talented than today’s.

• frugal

@mbunner23 said...

Larry Bird still isn’t an all star in today’s NBA.

It’s kinda impossible to compare players of different era and try to project how they’d compete physically in the modern NBA. Lot’s would look at Bird and say he’s too slow, but Luka is pretty slow and absolutely destroying. Bird had 6 seasons shooting .4+ from 3, and that was in an era where guys didn’t grow up practicing it (first year of the 3 point shot was ’79, Bird’s rookie year). I think a guy who can shoot 40% from 3, grab 10 boards a game, and ~7 ast wouldn’t have any issues thriving in today’s NBA.

• Golfnut04240

@noddy said...

Nice. I’m 54

You guys are young! I’ll be 62 in May.

• frugal

@mbunner23 said...

How can you compare numbers of different eras? Isn’t that the whole argument? The game is so far advanced, bigger, stronger, faster players. I’m not comparing their stats at all.

This is a flawed argument. Wouldn’t Bird today have access to the same nutrition/training/treatment as every player? IMHO Bird was way ahead of his time and kinda the mold for what we have started seeing more regularly only the past 5-10 seasons in terms of versatile bigs.

• CharlieDontSurf

@Brendan239 said...

SpotOn. There’s so much detail it could be a movie. Side Snaps, text messages, I’ve talked to the wife on occasion (not like that but to get intel and her husband told her everything). It’s been good to get different perspectives and life experiences from the forum and is helping in my decision actually. Panda is right though, it IS hard and at my age 38 I don’t want to start over but like ppl say on here I can do better and I’m just setting myself up for failure by staying here. When I win $25k+ I can comfortably leave her because we share some bills and I started a new job recently but it’s not going to change the fact that I shouldn’t be with her. I can’t believe Robin Lopez was in the winning LU last night. I’ll check in next when my decision is made.

Alright, I know I’m not part of this clique, but this is getting pretty silly. Brendan, the amount of times you have said she is hot makes me think you aren’t so much. She locked you in for other reasons than love. So if you want to pay for hotness and her lifestyle with other men, then you cuck it up. Nobody’s judging (actually some might). If you are concerned she might do this again. She will. So, if you’re cool with that then all good. Ride it out. If you think her constant cheating and fooling you so she can might bother you than you walk. I’m not sure what a psychiatrist costs in the U.S., but this is free. You could offer me lineup picks in exchange, but the picks you normally offer up haven’t impressed me.

• nerman

@frugal said...

So DSJ… I can tell you from watching him in Dallas, he’s most effective attacking the rim and is a very inconsistent shooter compounded by poor offensive decision making, so many possessions we’re he would opt for the fast break 3 when a team mate is ahead of him and in perfect position for a lob. He hasn’t really played enough this season to make any statistical predictions other than he really shouldn’t be shooting many 3’s (.167 3P% this season, career .310). Over his career, his FG% at the rim is his highest by far, but NY isn’t a team that I think an undersized guard is going to get to the rim easily with Noel and Randle clogging the lane NY ranks 10th most in terms of opponent % of shots at taken at the rim but 7th lowest in terms of actual FG% at the rim. Honestly, Noel could have a season high in blocks tonight with DET already ranking 8th in terms of opponent blocks and now we get a 6’2” guard potentially attacking the rim at a high rate.

I’m going to take a good amount of DSJ because the minutes and usage could be there to have a great game. Though this could easily be a point Grant game where DSJ plays off ball and is basically invisible.

They’re playing Orlando. I think he should be fine.

• hbomb57

@nerman said...

The only reason Larry Bird wouldn’t be an all-star today is because he’s 64 years old.

Probably still be a good 2nd unit wing though.

Me and Larry are same age ran into him his second year back in 1980 at Detroit Metro Airport after a thrashing he gave us no-names back then he was sitting in a booth by himself because the whole table was 3 or 4 dishes of breakfast food that country boy could eat. I remember Maxwell walking by and just nodding his head.

So who is the going to be the burner today and I don’t mean in points I mean in last minute before or after tipoff.

• noddy

@mbunner23 said...

Showing your true colors here mbunner

• Golfnut04240

@frugal said...

This is a flawed argument. Wouldn’t Bird today have access to the same nutrition/training/treatment as every player? IMHO Bird was way ahead of his time and kinda the mold for what we have started seeing more regularly only the past 5-10 seasons in terms of versatile bigs.

I watched Larry Bird on TV for his entire career through the Boston market. Give him and many of his contemporaries such as Magic, Dominique, Barkley, et al. the advanced methods of training and nutrition the athletes of today have, they would dominate today’s game as they did then.

• mbunner23

@noddy said...

Showing your true colors here mbunner

It wasn’t supposed to be taken negatively. That was your era, I don’t expect to persuade your opinion on someone you grew up watching. But go ahead…

• JoCo

As a married man with a kid himself you have to be Beta as hell to ever get back with someone that cheated on you. I can’t even imagine that headspace. That’s incredible. That’s cold turkey never talking to you ever again (unless it’s about your child) kind of stuff. And by the way it’ll happen again and again. Talk about emboldened now, “wow I actually got away with it! Good to know!!!”

But that’s really besides the point. Again, I can’t imagine how Beta you have to be to even think about this.

• frugal

@nerman said...

They’re playing Orlando. I think he should be fine.

Whoops! Looking at the wrong matchup. I still think there’s a shot at Campazzo outscoring DSJ at way less ownership.

• Brendan239

How do I add a profile pic so I can add her pic to mine for good luck.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).