• Blogger of the Month

3:30 PM EST : Sacramento ( 10 ) at LA Clippers ( -10 ) —- T: 229
    7:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( -3.5 ) at Charlotte ( 3.5 ) —- T: 211
    7:30 PM EST : Dallas ( -5.5 ) at Atlanta ( 5.5 ) —- T: 239
    8:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 13.5 ) at Miami ( -13.5 ) —- T: 220.5
    8:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( -2.5 ) at Chicago ( 2.5 ) —- T: 221.5
    8:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 8.5 ) at Milwaukee ( -8.5 ) —- T: 227
    9:00 PM EST : Houston ( 1.5 ) at Utah ( -1.5 ) —- T: 234

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• miggs6876

You forgot to put Clev vs Miami. Thanks

• miggs6876

Hard not to focus on the Houston vs Utah and Atl vs Dallas games. Without thinking my initial reaction was to lock Luka and Trae. Then there’s Giannis and Harden staring at me. Bam coming off huge game. Zinger is on fire on back to back. Embid vs the bucks. So many choices to spend up. Thinking it’s best to take 2 of them.

Mid Range is loaded with choices. Several can get you 35 plus fps. Name a few Levert, Harris, Bridges’, Covington, etc..

Value . Crowder, Sato, Clarkson, Monk, Zeller,

• superjon

These are my top plays on FD that are priced $5k or higher. This is simply based on price, and how they’ve been playing. Exactly how much of anyone I play will be determined later on when injuries and projected ownership are released.

PG – Luka, Dinwiddie, Bledsoe, Sato and Rozier

SG – Harden, Butler, Mitchell, Graham, Richardson

SF – ABC, Tobias, Bojan

PF – Collins, Love*

C – Drummond, Gobert, Zeller

*On the fence with Love. Minutes have been down and it is a B2B. I like a lot of the cheaper options at PF, so I may just punt both spots and mix in a little Collins and a few with Love.

• superjon

These are the players that are priced $5k or higher that I will most likely have 0 shares of tonight.

Booker
    Levert
    Sexton
    Nance
    Lopez
    Rubio
    THJ
    Clarkson
    Bridges
    Monk
    TT

• telestraightshooter

Unicorn fetching +50 fppm in new Mav offensive configuration.

Only problem is “Could rest on the b2b”,
    …. & his production is quite …. relaxed … when he plays on b2b.

• queensfinest

@telestraightshooter said...

Unicorn fetching +50 fppm in new Mav offensive configuration.

Only problem is “Could rest on the b2b”,
    …. & his production is quite …. relaxed … when he plays on b2b.

id be surprised if he plays. gotta go with luka vs trey young narrative dont we?

• Njsum1

@queensfinest said...

id be surprised if he plays. gotta go with luka vs trey young narrative dont we?

Luka’s struggles on back to backs have been well documented…..howeverrrrr…..this game should have a lot of points, and be played real fast…hawks also don’t allow tons of points to Point Guards.

I’m really conflicted….I’ll likely play a field size share here, and move on. If Porzingis sits, I’d be very interested in some of the Mavs other players.

• monarch

Jarrett Allen is way too cheap. I couldn’t imagine constructing a lineup without him. Also they cut the price for Cam Reddish which I like

• monarch

If I lock in Allen then the optimal spit out Luka, Harden, Giannas for me on DK. I dont play cash but for a Saturday that seems viable

• superjon

@monarch said...

Jarrett Allen is way too cheap. I couldn’t imagine constructing a lineup without him. Also they cut the price for Cam Reddish which I like

Allen’s price is indicative of his recent drop in minutes. I will likely have him in my player pool, but I think I am more interested in PJ Washington on the other side.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@monarch said...

I know it’s a great match up, so on and so on, but even at 4.3K I don’t see any reason to use a guy who hasn’t played more than 20 minutes in their last 5 games and clearly is losing the positional battle to Jordan. Going all in? No way.

• monarch

@superjon said...

Allen’s price is indicative of his recent drop in minutes. I will likely have him in my player pool, but I think I am more interested in PJ Washington on the other side.

Hopefully you look at that a little deeper throughout the day. Allen can 10x today….PJ will be defended by Brooklyns lone defender of note and is a very low usage player.

• Pandamonious

I can definitely see the merit in splitting exposure between Allen and DAJ. There’s definitely a path to one doing extremely well and the other being OK.

Like, Allen could play 18-20 minutes and still get 24 DK points, he could also play 25 minutes and get 35. While DAJ could play 25-30 and get 35-40, or play 20-25 and still get 30-ish.

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

I know it’s a great match up, so on and so on, but even at 4.3K I don’t see any reason to use a guy who hasn’t played more than 20 minutes in their last 5 games and clearly is losing the positional battle to Jordan. Going all in? No way.

He lost time to DAJ because of the matchups…Embiid, Ibaka, Ibaka, Sabonis, Ayton and then they blew out the Warriors.

There are no such matchup concerns today. Just a good ole fasho get right spot at a discount.

• Pandamonious

@monarch said...

He lost time to DAJ because of the matchups…Embiid, Ibaka, Ibaka, Sabonis, Ayton and then they blew out the Warriors.

There are no such matchup concerns today. Just a good ole fasho get right spot at a discount.

I don’t believe it has anything to do with match up. They’ve been splitting minutes all year. I don’t believe at all if you skim through the game logs you’ll see any significant evidence that their minutes are distributed based on match up.

The only trend I see that you could argue is in faster paced games Allen plays more. That’s it. Charlotte is as slow as anyone.

• Njsum1

@monarch said...

Don’t mind a little Jordan/Allen Pairing…for 9800 you get 48 Center minutes versus Chicago. Should return 5.5x-7x.

And I am interested in Kendrick Nunn for 4500.

• Shaudy_lo

I want to build around Luka and Trae on FD but I’m not sure that’s the route to go. Might just pick one of them .

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

I can definitely see the merit in splitting exposure between Allen and DAJ. There’s definitely a path to one doing extremely well and the other being OK.

Like, Allen could play 18-20 minutes and still get 24 DK points, he could also play 25 minutes and get 35. While DAJ could play 25-30 and get 35-40, or play 20-25 and still get 30-ish.

Right, that’s why I recommended playing them both with a range of outcomes of around 5.5-7x. Which is roughly what your numbers suggest as well. Now it will be tough to win a GPP with that, yet it could make for some better than average cashes and some profit.

• tmarohl

@monarch said...

Think I would rather play Zeller than to mess around with Allen.

• Njsum1

@tmarohl said...

Think I would rather play Zeller than to mess around with Allen.

They’re the same dude…imo

18-27 minutes, same price, same upside. Both worth some fliers

• monarch

40, 35 and 47 DK points for Allen vs the Hornets this season. I can see why several of you might not want to play him and probably some of that is me liking him so much. I think he can 10x his price and that’s reasonable. I also like that his recent performance for whatever reason will bring down ownership. He checks many of the boxes that I like to have checked but I’m not playing real heavy so it’s not a major risk for me

• Pandamonious

Or we could just play Gafford for 3K.

Kornet, Carter, Hutchinson are all doubtful.
    Valentine, Lauri and Dunn still OUT.

Basically, Felicio, Gafford, and Thad are all the Bulls have in the front court.

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

Basically, Felicio, Gafford, and Thad are all the Bulls have in the front court.

Hes in my Harden, Giannis, Allen Luka builds lol

• Pandamonious

@monarch said...

40, 35 and 47 DK points for Allen vs the Hornets this season. I can see why several of you might not want to play him and probably some of that is me liking him so much. I think he can 10x his price and that’s reasonable. I also like that his recent performance for whatever reason will bring down ownership. He checks many of the boxes that I like to have checked but I’m not playing real heavy so it’s not a major risk for me

I think Allen is playable. I just don’t think you go all in is all. He also played 26 and 27 minutes in 2 of those 3 games and he hasn’t played that much in several games. If you really believe it’s strictly match up based and that he’ll go back to that 25-27 range he’s a fantastic play.

• feekdogg

@Pandamonious said...

I’d say that makes Ayton a fine play.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).