• 2020 Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 1 ) at Houston ( -1 ) —- T: 226.5
    8:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 4.5 ) at Dallas ( -4.5 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : Portland ( 6 ) at Phoenix ( -6 ) —- T: 229.5
    9:00 PM EST : Miami ( -5 ) at Oklahoma City ( 5 ) —- T:
    9:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( 12.5 ) at Utah ( -12.5 ) —- T: 228
    10:00 PM EST : Washington ( 6.5 ) at LA Lakers ( -6.5 ) — T: 226

DRAFTKINGS RG FORUM LEAGUE

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• frugal

So my projections were built from the start to do both Yahoo and DK simultaneously. Spent the morning stripping out the Yahoo part as this season has been abnormally hard for me there constantly losing where I’m up on DK and realized DK doesn’t provide injury designation with their downloads. Big bummer. Anyone know of a site which has a list of injuries in a tabular format?

EDIT: NM found one.

• Wooden_Bones

@Brendan239 said...

Went to dinner last night and “hung out” this morning (Dammit!!). Wish yesterday wasn’t our anniversary because now I think she thinks we’re much better now and now she’s talking about a family vacation to Hawaii. I know that very soon I’ll have the conversation with her because I can’t continue being a sucker. I need to go to the gym more, “Rotogrind” more and sleep with her less and just rip off the band aid. I don’t want to be with her long term nor do I want to go on this vacation.

Shit or get off the pot. I was somewhat entertained, but now I think we’re all exhausted from these posts.

• Pandamonious

Yeah, Brendan, I think this has run it’s course around here.

Let us know what you end up doing in a few months, when you’re finished with the longest drawn out slow motion ripping off of a band-aid ever recorded.

• ifthethunder

@tmarohl said...

Draftkings is, because they proactively priced up Roby.

DraftKings: This guy might go off, price him up.

Also DK: This other guy went off 7 games ago and put up monster duds ever since? Keep his price up!

DK is basically Skynet.
    ~

• Pierce85

Do people like Porzingis here?

• Wooden_Bones

So, this heel injury that Cousins has is just BS so he can sit until traded/released, right? I mean, first it’s reported he will be either traded or released, then it’s reported he’ll play while HOU shops him around, now he’s questionable to play with a heel injury that just popped up.

I’m looking at Wendell Carter Jr with Cousins out. Think HOU will be playing small.

• Pierce85

Young and WCJ

• Herf

@Wooden_Bones said...

So, this heel injury that Cousins has is just BS so he can sit until traded/released, right? I mean, first it’s reported he will be either traded or released, then it’s reported he’ll play while HOU shops him around, now he’s questionable to play with a heel injury that just popped up.

I’m looking at Wendell Carter Jr with Cousins out. Think HOU will be playing small.

I think Carter is a better play than Tucker all day.

• Wooden_Bones

@Herf said...

I think Carter is a better play than Tucker all day.

I think a garbage can is a better play than Tucker all day.

• Tribefan18

Will tucker play the 5 tonight?

• monarch

@Tribefan18 said...

Will tucker play the 5 tonight?

Rockets dont really play defense like that. They are a short team but if you looked at them they are almost all universally strong so they just switch a lot of stuff and ask guys like Jae’Sean Tate, Tucker, Nwaba, Gordon to defend whomever they may find themselves defending. I think they will stay true to their principals and try to spread the Bulls out defensively and drive them to the rim all game. Great John Wall spot to me.

• xwalker5

If you had to pick one… Clarkson, Conley, Nunn, or Trent Jr.?

• WillyWongka

Anyone like Winslow as a punt tonight? Surprisingly got decent playing time last game despite it being his first game in over a year + Brooks is still out.

• Pandamonious

@xwalker5 said...

If you had to pick one… Clarkson, Conley, Nunn, or Trent Jr.?

Nunn if Herro is OUT, Conley if Herro plays. I think.

• Pandamonious

@WillyWongka said...

Anyone like Winslow as a punt tonight? Surprisingly got decent playing time last game despite it being his first game in over a year + Brooks is still out.

Maybe. He’s part of their future, so they’re going to let him do his thing. Just as important if not more important was Kyle Anderson being out though. I could see another 20 minute or maybe even a little less minutes this time around game, which maybe not really be enough.

• WhiteyJones8

@WillyWongka said...

You only play Winslow if you are trying to keep your wins low.

It says it right there in the name. In all seriousness though, he’s in my placeholder but not sure if he sticks. He played 21 minutes on Saturday but that was with Allen, Brooks, Anderson, Clarke and Jackson out. All of those except Jackson should be back tonight.

The question becomes how will Memphis allocate their minutes. It might be wise to wait a game or two before playing anyone except Ja until prices adjust or we decipher the new rotation.

• Herf

@Wooden_Bones said...

I think a garbage can is a better play than Tucker all day.

Bahaha. I remember back when Tucker would randomly go off for like 45 FPTS and everyone who rostered him pretended like they knew he was going to go off. Lol.

• captainwacky

@monarch said...

Rockets dont really play defense like that. They are a short team but if you looked at them they are almost all universally strong so they just switch a lot of stuff and ask guys like Jae’Sean Tate, Tucker, Nwaba, Gordon to defend whomever they may find themselves defending. I think they will stay true to their principals and try to spread the Bulls out defensively and drive them to the rim all game. Great John Wall spot to me.

I found it extremely difficult to score on Nwaba in the paint over like 5 years of playing with him. Thus, by the transitive property, I can’t see how anyone on the Bulls would be successful.

Mostly I just wanted to introduce our hoops team’s ‘transitive property of Dave’ from our group text to here in order to bring some personal drama that is non-Brendan and actually related to basketball.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

Maybe. He’s part of their future, so they’re going to let him do his thing. Just as important if not more important was Kyle Anderson being out though. I could see another 20 minute or maybe even a little less minutes this time around game, which maybe not really be enough.

Why would he play less? I gave him more

• monarch

So tell me if I have this correct.

1. Ryan Saunders was hired as the interim coach after the Wolves fired Thibodeau.
    2. Thibs gets the Knicks job.
    3. Saunders finds himself as a peculiar three point road dog in NY which may have been a must win game against Thibs.
    4. They almost win, they dont and they fire Saunders and hire a coach off the Raptors bench.
    5. Somewhere Jimmy Butler was laughing his ass off.

• captainwacky

I’m a little split on Winslow; he got 20 minutes, but they were a lottttt of garbage time. He was in their regular rotation in the first half, but not in a way that would be impactful. Once you add in Anderson, Allen, and normal minutes for starters assuming they aren’t down by 40 again, then I don’t think he gets enough run today. Soon, though. I do also like that he shot the ball 11 times in 20 minutes despite only making 1.

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

Nunn if Herro is OUT, Conley if Herro plays. I think.

I’m slightly concerned that conley isn’t up to full minutes yet. He closed last game and only saw like 25… A full rotation for Conley would only be like 29-32 minutes anyway, and this game might blowout, so I’m not sure.

Yet if he gets minutes, and the game is tight Conley could do very well. Yet he’s not a guy I predict well. Seems to go off randomly and fail in good spots often.

• Pandamonious

@theIrrigator said...

Why would he play less? I gave him more

Because he just came back from not playing in an NBA game in what seems like 4 years.

They have zero reason to rush him back. They have more bodies today, so it’ll be easier to keep him around the same or just even give him a little less.

Not every team every situation goes, 20 minutes, 23 minutes, 26 minutes, then by their 5th game they’re playing 35 minutes. They could just move him along slow and keep his minutes on the lower end for a while.

I didn’t stat it factually, just a possibility.

• mbunner23

@monarch said...

So tell me if I have this correct.

1. Ryan Saunders was hired as the interim coach after the Wolves fired Thibodeau.
    2. Thibs gets the Knicks job.
    3. Saunders finds himself as a peculiar three point road dog in NY which may have been a must win game against Thibs.
    4. They almost win, they dont and they fire Saunders and hire a coach off the Raptors bench.
    5. Somewhere Jimmy Butler was laughing his ass off.

It’s a tie between Minnesota and Sacramento on who the worst franchise in the NBA is.

• Njsum1

@monarch said...

Great John Wall spot to me

I like EG a lot tonight. Depends on whether his shot is falling, yet I think he’ll chuck a bunch, and then he runs some O when Wall sits.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).