• 2020 Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 1 ) at Houston ( -1 ) —- T: 226.5
    8:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 4.5 ) at Dallas ( -4.5 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : Portland ( 6 ) at Phoenix ( -6 ) —- T: 229.5
    9:00 PM EST : Miami ( -5 ) at Oklahoma City ( 5 ) —- T:
    9:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( 12.5 ) at Utah ( -12.5 ) —- T: 228
    10:00 PM EST : Washington ( 6.5 ) at LA Lakers ( -6.5 ) — T: 226

DRAFTKINGS RG FORUM LEAGUE

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@tmarohl said...

He really doesn’t want to win that money to leave the wife does he?

Nope

• RipCityRings

@Brendan239 said...

Will he get more than 26 minutes?

That’s the 100K question. Memphis is impossible to predict, but I don’t think they gain anything by going small here. If Zinger were to play Val’s minutes would probably take a sizeable hit since he’s not mobile enough to cover him on the perimeter, but Kleber is a non-factor and WCS absolutely cannot hang with Valanciunas.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@tmarohl said...

I built 13 on FD, He is in 10

CP3 is my #1 owned PG tonight.
    I’ve found when that happens, the ownership on him is understated.
    I’ll be surprised if he’s not 25%+ right there with Wall/Ball/Donc

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@monarch said...

Been watching a lot of the Heat. They basically play a 1-2-2 zone lately just giving up all the threes the opponent wants from the wing and baseline. I was 100 percent Wes Matthews the other night. Now Dort is 5100 so he would need to can like four threes and then do other Dort type stuff but I think he can possibly 7x if the Heat decide that Dort will be the guy. And all of that applies to Darius Bazley as well.

Yet another reason to like Mike Muscala.
    He’ll shoot 5 3s. 0-5 makes him a clown. 4-5 makes him a hero.

• RipCityRings

@monarch said...

Been watching a lot of the Heat. They basically play a 1-2-2 zone lately just giving up all the threes the opponent wants from the wing and baseline. I was 100 percent Wes Matthews the other night. Now Dort is 5100 so he would need to can like four threes and then do other Dort type stuff but I think he can possibly 7x if the Heat decide that Dort will be the guy. And all of that applies to Darius Bazley as well.

Yeah I see the play, but that ultimately just comes down to whether you think Dort’s shot will start falling. He’s shooting 32.7% from deep on the season which also isn’t very inspiring, but you could argue that his recent slump has been related to OKC not having an actual PG for the past few weeks until SGA and Maledon returned.

If you’re going for shooters vs the Heat though, who fits the bill better than Muscala? He’s proven to go on insane Duncan Robinson-esque heaters from time to time, and he doesn’t have to exert himself defensively like Dort will.

Edit: Yuker beat me to it.

• monarch

@RipCityRings said...

Yeah I see the play, but that ultimately just comes down to whether you think Dort’s shot will start falling. He’s shoot 32.7% from deep on the season which also isn’t very inspiring, but you could argue that his recent slump has been related to OKC not having an actual PG for the past few weeks until SGA and Maledon returned.

If you’re going for shooters vs the Heat though, who fits the bill better than Muscala? He’s proven to go on insane Duncan Robinson-esque heaters from time to time, and he doesn’t have to exert himself defensively like Dort will.

Edit: Yuker beat me to it.

Muscala is their best shooter. I don’t have the data to back it up by I remember Muscala mainly shooting those deep top of the key threes and the Heat funnel all action away from the middle of the floor. I could be wrong though. I am guessing that Dort and Bazley both shoot at least eight threes tonight.

• superjon

i have some such a sexy stars and scrubs LU that can work if DAL was to start Powell or Boban

• frugal

@RipCityRings said...

That’s the 100K question. Memphis is impossible to predict, but I don’t think they gain anything by going small here. If Zinger were to play Val’s minutes would probably take a sizeable hit since he’s not mobile enough to cover him on the perimeter, but Kleber is a non-factor and WCS absolutely cannot hang with Valanciunas.

Kleber is a way better defender than Porzingis. Not that he’ll shut down JVal, but as crazy as it sounds Kleber and WCS is a big defensive improvement vs Porzingis. He’s been slow, missing switches, and fine watching guys score at will at the rim.

• Wooden_Bones

Oladipo is out Monday. He was trending toward playing but suffered a setback when he stepped on Kuruc’s foot in practice.

• monarch

DK down for anyone?

Edit: nvm came up for me

• boilermakerbeef

RG Overall Ranking

$3800 for Utility on DK…THT, RLo, or Muscala…..I’m probably just going to to 1/3 on each of them, but I hate it. I feel like every time I pick one of them, it’s the wrong day.

• frugal

@superjon said...

i have some such a sexy stars and scrubs LU that can work if DAL was to start Powell or Boban

WCS should start if KP sits. No minutes guaranteed for either of those guys but Powell is ahead of Boban in the rotation.

• boilermakerbeef

RG Overall Ranking

@monarch said...

DK down for anyone?

Up for me on my PC

• superjon

@frugal said...

WCS should start if KP sits. No minutes guaranteed for either of those guys but Powell is ahead of Boban in the rotation.

Yeah I can’t take a risk on Boban unless he starts.

I could possibly with Powell off the bench, but would have to see updated projections if hopefully they announce KP as out before lock.

• Brendan239

Justice Winslow is 1.55x on Superdraft. To put that into context Porzingis and Hayward at 1.45x and Bam is 1.35x. I have 0 Winslow in 7 FD LUs. What’s the take on him?

• joe123

Is tommyg around here? Lookin fore sara underwood ….i mean is thee notorious still around n posting screen shots niiicceeee. At least some1 is “hittin” jak pots. Will work for 1 dollar heads UPs. Lol blenderhd is no better plz save the ecosystem minnows need nite crawl ERSErSErSerS ver twtasz

• RipCityRings

@frugal said...

Kleber is a way better defender than Porzingis. Not that he’ll shut down JVal, but as crazy as it sounds Kleber and WCS is a big defensive improvement vs Porzingis. He’s been slow, missing switches, and fine watching guys score at will at the rim.

That’s interesting, every time I’ve watched Kleber he’s looked painfully slow. I agree that Porzingis is pretty bad, but at least he has a 7’ 6” wingspan (same as Val). Kleber is 6’ 10” with only a 6’ 11” wingspan, which leads me to believe Val will destroy him on the boards in addition to getting those easy shots/putbacks in the paint.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@Wooden_Bones said...

Oladipo is out Monday. He was trending toward playing but suffered a setback when he stepped on Kuruc’s foot in practice.

Me – Alexa, what is more fragile than Glass?
    Alexa – Victor Oladipo

• joe123

Guys is brandon roy a good play? I mean dame lookin to blow it all on the guy who can NOT win E the biggie tupac onesie

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-northwestern-university-cheerleading-lawsuit-response-20210206-nklsqm34pzbo7inponixdad744-story.html

• frugal

@RipCityRings said...

That’s interesting, every time I’ve watched Kleber he’s looked painfully slow. I agree that Porzingis is pretty bad, but at least he has a 7’ 6” wingspan (same as Val). Kleber is 6’ 10” with only a 6’ 11” wingspan, which leads me to believe Val will destroy him on the boards in addition to getting those easy shots/putbacks in the paint.

Kleber is actually quite fast and agile for his size. Looks like a sprinter next to KP. JVal is a solid play no matter who starts but a way better play if KP plays as he’s really showing zero desire to play defense at all.

• dw12290

@Yukerboy said...

Me – Alexa, what is more fragile than Glass?
    Alexa – Victor Oladipo

That’s funny mine said the same thing

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@frugal said...

I love a reasonable fan expecting an NBA coach to be reasonable.
    I would plug in WCS, you would plug in WCS.
    Carlisle looks at Brunson/Hardaway/Powell/Boban/WCS/Burke/NeckTat/Iwundu/Nowitzki all as viable options.

• miggs6876

@Yukerboy said...

Love JVal tonight.
    He can put up 40 in 26 minutes, though he averages over 28 minutes when starting and over 28 in three of his last four, with two of those even being blowouts.
    When people are talking up the likes of Ayton, Kanter, Gobert, and Wendell Carter for crying out loud, give me all the JVal at the reduced ownership.

Jval always has a reduced ownership. I don’t hate the play but he’s no discount on FD.

• Alvance83

@Unico10 said...

CP3 is in a good spot and will be virtually unowned

I’m am hoping you are right

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@miggs6876 said...

Jval always has a reduced ownership. I don’t hate the play but he’s no discount on FD.

Lots of money to spare when you fade Doncic.
    You give me Paul/JVal and I give you Donc and any other center under $5k, I win.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).