• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 4.5 ) at Washington ( -4.5 ) —- T: 213.5
    7:00 PM EST : Orlando ( -6 ) at Philadelphia ( 6 ) —- T: 209
    9:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( (Pick) ) at Denver ( (Pick) ) —- T: 219.5
    9:00 PM EST : Houston ( 5 ) at Utah ( -5 ) —- T: 202
    10:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 11.5 ) at Portland ( -11.5 ) —- T: 210.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• JJDFS

@slpanthers24 said...

wasn’t that an OT game. Maybe even 2 OT. Can’t remember. If it’s so common why isn’t everyone doing it?

stacking a game with a high OU and close spread and hoping it goes into OT is an example of a GPP strategy. Play cash games if you want to see less random lineups. If PHI keeps it close tonight I believe someone with 3/4 mgic players will take down a gpp with the right guys from SAC/DEN. Just how the game works, its gambling.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@JJDFS said...

stacking a game with a high OU and close spread and hoping it goes into OT is an example of a GPP strategy. Play cash games if you want to see less random lineups. If PHI keeps it close tonight I believe someone with 3/4 mgic players will take down a gpp with the right guys from SAC/DEN. Just how the game works, its gambling.

Nevermind. You proved my point with those last two words

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@JJDFS said...

Everything can be an example of a GPP strategy.

• lesterdoodus

slpanthers24…..go away.

• mbunner23

My toughest decision today will be whether I should roster Boogie or go balanced.

• JJDFS

@slpanthers24 said...

That is my point. It’s gambling. Gambling is almost all luck. I have 3 magic players as my core. Play 4 tonight from one team and see how you fare. I will bet you any amount of money you don’t cash in GPP

you dont think a lineup with gordon/vuv/fournier/jennings could cash gpp? You must not be an experienced player. Especially with a value play of mack tonight if he gets the minutes. Not saying it is the best strategy but if you dont think its a possibility youre just fooling yourself.

• JJDFS

@slpanthers24 said...

Nevermind. You proved my point with those last two words

It is skillful gambling. Someone who has never watched an NBA game before or done any research at all can win one day. The skill is being consistent over time.

• Bellest

@slpanthers24 said...

I had 4 players from that game and scored 312. Not saying it wasn’t a good game but to pick 4 from one team is luck. Keep justifying it all you want. I disagree it was skill to pick 4 players from one team. not the game itself. If scott wasn’t such a idiot and didn’t bench his young guys and Clarkson and Randle actually played I would have had 350ish. All luck.

We can agree to disagree.
    I don’t deny there is a certain amount of luck (injuries, bad coaching, fouls, etc.) in taking down a GPP. But, if you use the black jack “basic strategy” analogy, you can greatly reduce the luck factor.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@JJDFS said...

you dont think a lineup with gordon/vuv/fournier/jennings could cash gpp? You must not be an experienced player. Especially with a value play of mack tonight if he gets the minutes. Not saying it is the best strategy but if you dont think its a possibility youre just fooling yourself.

lol I give up on you. You don’t get what I’m saying. Any lineup anyone makes with all the info out there can cash. I’m just getting sick of everyone saying how much skill it is.

• JJDFS

@JJDFS said...

Forget to mention oladipo too. Give me four of those guys with a close fourth quarter and it can cash gpps.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@JJDFS said...

It is skillful gambling. Someone who has never watched an NBA game before or done any research at all can win one day. The skill is being consistent over time.

2 years ago yes. I have been playing for a long time and use to win quite a bit. I am up this year and have made my share. I just see everything changing and skill is no longer as important short term or long term. As for tonight I have all my lineups set and can’t wait for something stupid to happen. I have of course stacked the high over unders and have my share of all the value guys. Can’t wait for the lowest scoring game to have the winning lineups.

• dkurk31

Barton & Gordon or Harris & Vuc

• richmo10

Alright, so someone here coined the magic “term” sneaky meat…Well, we know EVERY player has a bad game, no exceptions. Therefore, I’m coining a new term called the “Dud Card”: a maneuver in which a player reaches only or fails to reach 3x value (on FD at least). LeBron and Crawford pulled theirs last night, who will be next?…

Aaron Gordon, that’s right, you heard it here first. 5x or more value in the last five games. Matchup vs Philly? Too good to be true. And we know how that works.

• Stickman731

@wystateofmind said...

Elfrid Payton, I don’t see why people aren’t mentioning him

Because Oladipo and Jennings, but the bigger issue is his inconsistency. You have to hit him on a “good” night – against PHL it may be the night but I would not bet on it.

I also forgot to mention the coach Skiles.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@JJDFS said...

Forget to mention oladipo too. Give me four of those guys with a close fourth quarter and it can cash gpps.

of course it can cash. I have dipo and vuc in every lineup tonight with Jennings and gordon all over. I will not put all 4 in one lineup but I will be putting 4 utah players in one lineup. Lowest o/u and no one else will. Have to start doing crap like that for GPP. Mack/Favors/Hood/Hayward please win me money.

• JJDFS

@slpanthers24 said...

2 years ago yes. I have been playing for a long time and use to win quite a bit. I am up this year and have made my share. I just see everything changing and skill is no longer as important short term or long term. As for tonight I have all my lineups set and can’t wait for something stupid to happen. I have of course stacked the high over unders and have my share of all the value guys. Can’t wait for the lowest scoring game to have the winning lineups.

I can agree that some skill has been taken away from the game. I blame lineup optimizers and people who sell lineups.

• mbunner23

@slpanthers24 said...

of course it can cash. I have dipo and vuc in every lineup tonight with Jennings and gordon all over. I will not put all 4 in one lineup but I will be putting 4 utah players in one lineup. Lowest o/u and no one else will. Have to start doing crap like that for GPP. Mack/Favors/Hood/Hayward please win me money.

I actually agree that Mack/Favors/Hood/Hayward could win a GPP tonight, only because Houston has the worst defense in the league.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@JJDFS said...

I can agree that some skill has been taken away from the game. I blame lineup optimizers and people who sell lineups.

agreed. I’m just upset this past week that I have picked the top two highest scorers of the night each night and barely got my money back due to stupid crap. Hate seeinig a 69 and 75 in my lineup last night and make 50 bucks and AD and Drum the night before and min cashed.

• onepinrodney

@Sixersfan said...

Research Shmesearch. The most ridiculous word used in this forum. Cracks me up to hear people say they spend 6 hours a day researching when most of this stuff is purely luck

I don’t research, I think if you play everyday you know what players are in good match ups. From that point though, when the games are played, it’s really a case of whatever happens is gonna happen and nobody can predict that.

Yesterday when picking my LU’s I was hoping Alphabet would get 35-40 fpts. That he dropped a 75 doesn’t make me,or anyone else,a genius. That happening is purely luck.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

anyone see the article that Davis gets 23 million if he makes 1st, 2nd or 3rd team all nba? Narrative at it’s best.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@onepinrodney said...

I don’t research, I think if you play everyday you know what players are in good match ups. From that point though, when the games are played, it’s really a case of whatever happens is gonna happen and nobody can predict that.

Yesterday when picking my LU’s I was hoping Alphabet would get 35-40 fpts. That he dropped a 75 doesn’t make me,or anyone else,a genius. That happening is purely luck.

Right on.

• JJDFS

@slpanthers24 said...

agreed. I’m just upset this past week that I have picked the top two highest scorers of the night each night and barely got my money back due to stupid crap. Hate seeinig a 69 and 75 in my lineup last night and make 50 bucks and AD and Drum the night before and min cashed.

Those are just bad beats. I hope the DFS gods are in your favor tonight.

• mackie64

Sf tonight not a lot of choices I like? Any suggestions?

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@JJDFS said...

Those are just bad beats. I hope the DFS gods are in your favor tonight.

That is nice of you. That was a nice discussion so I will also root for you even though I don’t like to root for my competition…lol

• dailyfinancialsports

@mackie64 said...

Sf tonight not a lot of choices I like? Any suggestions?

I’m paying up for the top two guys. Seems like the best choice tonight.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).