7:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 2.5 ) at Charlotte ( -2.5 ) —- T: 227.5
    7:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 2.5 ) at Atlanta ( -2.5 ) —- T: 232.5
    7:30 PM EST : Detroit ( 3.5 ) at Miami ( -3.5 ) —- T: 205
    8:00 PM EST : Boston ( -10.5 ) at Chicago ( 10.5 ) —- T: 220
    8:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 6 ) at Okla City ( -6 ) —- T: 239.5
    8:30 PM EST : Houston ( 8 ) at Golden State ( -8 ) —- T: 234
    8:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( 0 ) at Milwaukee ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 10 ) at Utah ( -10 ) —- T: 215.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• monarch

Anyone on Brogdon at 5000?

• captainwacky

@monarch said...

Not I.

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@monarch said...

Depends. I don’t hate the play. If KAT is out I’m leaning towards fully fading that game, except for a deep dart on Tolliver.

• gaelicgirl

@Pandamonious said...

I know he was questionable, then a GTD, but I can’t imagine Harden sits out against GSW in prime time on ABC. Whether or not the injury impacts him enough to keep him from performing to his maximum ability is a whole other thing.

I can’t imagine it either. He’ll just have to be careful throwing his head back when drawing those fouls.

• superjon

Random stat time

Since 2016. RWB has played 10 B2B’s, where in the previous game, he played 37+ minutes.

His FD totals in those 10 games

He’s currently the stud with the highest projected ownership. If his likely outcome is < 60, which it appears to be based on past data. Then I think he’s a good GPP fade. Especially considering you have at least 3 cheaper PG’s that can outscore him.

• captainwacky

@superjon said...

Random stat time

Since 2016. RWB has played 10 B2B’s, where in the previous game, he played 37+ minutes.

His FD totals in those 10 games

He’s currently the stud with the highest projected ownership. If his likely outcome is < 60, which it appears to be based on past data. Then I think he’s a good GPP fade. Especially considering you have at least 3 cheaper PG’s that can outscore him.

Conversely, let’s say he has a bad game and only gets 50. Which other PG is realistically doing that? Furthermore, where else are you going to spend your money with a drop and 4-5 incredible cheap punts?

• monarch

Gotcha…will pare down some Brogdon. Already landing on a bunch of Tyler Johnson at 4100 and of course Diallo. Trying not to get overexposed on a guy like Miles Bridges could flop.

• Ts99

Anyone worried about the OKC or Utah players after last night? Had Rwb and PG paired up on fantasy draft last night and wondering if I should go back tonight after the extended minutes.

• monarch

@Ts99 said...

Anyone worried about the OKC or Utah players after last night? Had Rwb and PG paired up on fantasy draft last night and wondering if I should go back tonight after the extended minutes.

If it wasn’t the Kings…SAC brings the heat/pace with Fox and company. OKC will be forced to respond or they will lose. They aren’t good enough to not ball out and beat these Kings.

• rickleese

Interesting numbers. But how many of those games was the O/U at 240? SAC and OKC teams 2 and 3 in Pace.

• captainwacky

I’m only slightly worried. The only thing that gives me pause is that the Thunder are the only team in the west that’s kind of in no man’s land. They’re reallllly good, but I dunno if they’re going to have an easy time moving up spots, and aren’t really in danger of moving down. Thus, they might not be super hungry today. This is totally conjecture, but we’re getting to the point of the season where you have to analyze motive a little bit.

• superjon

@captainwacky said...

Conversely, let’s say he has a bad game and only gets 50. Which other PG is realistically doing that? Furthermore, where else are you going to spend your money with a drop and 4-5 incredible cheap punts?

Any PG between CP3 and Kemba are capable of 50+ in their match ups tonight.

I don’t think RWB is a bad play tonight. I just think he’s a good GPP fade.

• captainwacky

And this is more specific to PG and Adams, who played 47 and 50 minutes yesterday. RWB carries a bit of the same risk, but is also bionic and psychotic all at the same time so I’m less worried, and he’s at a weaker position.

• captainwacky

@superjon said...

Any PG between CP3 and Kemba are capable of 50+ in their match ups tonight.

I don’t think RWB is a bad play tonight. I just think he’s a good GPP fade.

They’re all capable, granted. I just think the likelihood of one of them doing it is still far less than Russ. I don’t see the GS game dictating CP turn it on, Kemba has a chance, as does Trae, but I think RWB’s meh game against the kings is in one of their upper percentile finishes (which is kinda what we’re discussing), and none of the other studs are in great spots except maybe lebron. If Harden was healthy and in a different position, we have a different discussion I think.

• HungryHungryHip

One tiny thing about the B2B that’s in OKC’s favor is that both games are in OKC so it’s not like they played that late 2OT game last night then have to travel to Sac.

• monarch

Agree plus PG and Schroder are kinda like Harden in the fact that they don’t appear to be overly exerting themselves.

• monarch

Where we at with LeBron. Talk about a narrative….he can give the Pels a giant middle finger tonight.

• captainwacky

@monarch said...

Where we at with LeBron. Talk about a narrative….he can give the Pels a giant middle finger tonight.

He should do pretty damn well. I don’t think there’s too much mystery to his range of outcomes.

• superjon

@captainwacky said...

He should do pretty damn well. I don’t think there’s too much mystery to his range of outcomes.

This we can agree on :)

• superjon

Is Dragic in play?

I doubt Miami runs him that hard, but he’s capable of doing well if he could get at least 25 minutes.

• jess701

How about thad Young anyone have him tonight?

• captainwacky

@superjon said...

Is Dragic in play?

I doubt Miami runs him that hard, but he’s capable of doing well if he could get at least 25 minutes.

I doubt they let him get there… and wouldn’t really have any interest anyway. I’d rather just play Tyler Johnson, who I don’t particularly like either.

• superjon

@captainwacky said...

I doubt they let him get there… and wouldn’t really have any interest anyway. I’d rather just play Tyler Johnson, who I don’t particularly like either.

Definitely not a lot to love at PG as far as value.

Dragic and TJ are probably the best options. Which is gross.

• captainwacky

@superjon said...

Definitely not a lot to love at PG as far as value.

Dragic and TJ are probably the best options. Which is gross.

I’m assuming we’re talking on FD. In which case, let me put it this way— If Frank Jackson has a career night, I’ll make a lot of money.

• superjon

Full disclosure, I probably will end up with 1 or 2 of RWB.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).