7:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( 9.5 ) at Toronto ( -9.5 ) —- T: 212
    7:30 PM EST : Golden State ( -8.5 ) at Miami ( 8.5 ) —- T: 214.5
    7:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 11 ) at Detroit ( -11 ) —- T: 208
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 8 ) at Memphis ( -8 ) —- T: 205.5
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 2 ) at Chicago ( -2 ) —- T: 211
    8:30 PM EST : Okla City ( -4.5 ) at Dallas ( 4.5 ) —- T: 214.5
    10:30 PM EST : Denver ( 10 ) at LA Clippers ( -10 ) —- T: 212.5
    10:30 PM EST : Sacramento ( 0 ) at San Antonio ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• Jstri

I wish I could play a lineup of all centers.

• JJDFS

winslow/portis/dudley pick two

• klyon28

There is talk that Calderon will be getting taken out of the starting lineup. If Jerian Grant draws the start he may be intriguing at $3000. If that happens I will have him and Stephenson in my lineup which opens up A LOT elsewhere.

• mellofellowsu

@Bellest said...

I really want to play Kawhi tonight, I just don’t think I can risk it on FD.

He’s questionable right now so you may not even have to consider it.

• B_Heals152

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #8

RG Tiered Ranking

I wish I could trust the Spurs rotation. Great matchups all over the floor, but especially being a later game, I have a hard time trusting any individual players from San Antonio.

• JJDFS

@klyon28 said...

There is talk that Calderon will be getting taken out of the starting lineup. If Jerian Grant draws the start he may be intriguing at $3000. If that happens I will have him and Stephenson in my lineup which opens up A LOT elsewhere.

not going to happen. Im a knicks fan and thats what the fans want, not the new coach he wants to win and calderon gives him the best chance to win

• digglahhh

@Hjd29 said...

Been on a skid the last few days. I seem to be missing my cash lines by only a few points. 2 nights ago I didnt have Antetokounmpo and last night I didnt have Lopez, but they were 70% owned in my 50/50’s, and I still only missed by a few points. I play the 10 person 50/50’s…I know people say to play the bigger ones, and maybe its all in my head but I like only having to beat out 5 people instead of more. Are the 10 person 50/50’s rigged with groups working together? Haha.

Advice? Thanks.

The same that is true of ownership and player performance variance is true of skill level of opponent.

If you feel that you are better than the average player, then you should want larger 50/50 fields because there’s a greater chance that the field approximates an average skill level of players. In the smaller fields, you are more likely to have disproportionate number of better than average, or worse than average opponents, unless there is something about either contest that draws better or worse players to entering.

• Ibleedblue1

6 LUs in the Mega Slam thing from qualifiers. Not sure if I should build 6 unique LUs with random players or go with a core and just build around them.

• dailyfinancialsports

Thoughts on Lebron tonight?

• Bellest

@Ibleedblue1 said...

6 LUs in the Mega Slam thing from qualifiers. Not sure if I should build 6 unique LUs with random players or go with a core and just build around them.

Grats man, good luck!

• enchantedllama

@JJDFS said...

I love when I sign on and my favorite play isnt talked about on the first two pages. I am always kind enough to share though. Derrick Rose lock him in tonight againist an uptempo wizards team who have been playing small ball off a B2B !

I woulsn’t say that. Wiz playing waaaaay better D since the break. How well did Holiday do last night?

• Jstri

I like Whiteside. Golden State just got killed by Deandre Jordan and then Al Horford. Add on top of it this dumb twitter argument with Draymond Green. Normally I don’t care about narratives but Whiteside seems like he plays when he feels like it and he should be motivated today.

• jon2anderson

• Blogger of the Month

@Ibleedblue1 said...

I’d make 2 cores and split them between your lineups then fill in from there

• al3b3d3v

can some 1 remind me where i can check out the previous fd /dk contests for yesterday

• kingofqueens

• x3

2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

@JJDFS said...

not going to happen. Im a knicks fan and thats what the fans want, not the new coach he wants to win and calderon gives him the best chance to win

Calderon doesn’t give them the best chance to win, but Rambis is not aware of that. Just a horrible coach.

• onepinrodney

Is it time yet to unleash Jeff Green?

• JJDFS

@enchantedllama said...

I woulsn’t say that. Wiz playing waaaaay better D since the break. How well did Holiday do last night?

34 in a blowout, if you told me thats roses floor tonight sign me up. Rose will be playing the fourth unlike holiday last night. High OU and -1 spread. Also on top of that Gasol is dealing with the flu.

• digglahhh

Here’s a question – in my previous post, I qualified a statement by saying, …unless a certain contest does draws better or worse players from entering.

Does anybody have an opinion – or even better, data – on whether fields in contests that fill early or those that fill late are stronger?

Intuitively, I could possibly see an argument for either.

One might think that the contests that fill early are stronger because it indicates somebody more highly prioritizing DFS – taking the time to put together a LU well in advance of the start of games. Perhaps fewer casual players just throwing together a LU bc he/she has nothing to do that evening.

The flip side is that LUs that are entered many hours before tip are more likely be “dead” due to later-breaking player news. Some people may put in their line-ups and then not check the news, or not be able to get to making an edit when they find out a player in their LU isn’t playing, or isn’t starting.

Anybody give thought or study to this?

• JJDFS

@kingofqueens said...

Calderon doesn’t give them the best chance to win, but Rambis is not aware of that. Just a horrible coach.

i apologize i should have said “he believes calderon gives him the best chance to win” lol

• kingofqueens

• x3

2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

@JJDFS said...

34 in a blowout, if you told me thats roses floor tonight sign me up. Rose will be playing the fourth unlike holiday last night. High OU and -1 spread. Also on top of that Gasol is dealing with the flu.

Holiday played almost the entire 4th quarter — came out of the game with 2:23 to go.

• Philito12

Pivoted to Mack to payup from Thad Young to Favors and finished 76th in the Sharpshooter, good nite.

• Bellest

@al3b3d3v said...

can some 1 remind me where i can check out the previous fd /dk contests for yesterday

It’s stickied in the main forum.

• JJDFS

@kingofqueens said...

Holiday played almost the entire 4th quarter — came out of the game with 2:23 to go.

yeah 2:30 is a potential 5-7 points in a close game. he hit 4.6x, if he gets 5 more points and drops 39 that is 5.3x value. I am a cash game player so that sounds great to me

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@enchantedllama said...

Just under 5x for me.

• rebkell

@al3b3d3v said...

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/daily-fantasy-tournament-links-tuesday-feb-23rd-1181984

the links are always posted in the Main forum, just do a forum search in the upper right of basically any page in the forums for ‘Daily Fantasy Tournament Links’ and you should be able to find past links also.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).