• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

Boiling it down to 4 centers options:

Capala
    Allen
    Olynk
    Gasol

I’d look for the news on Dragic/Herro before rostering Olynyk.
    Olynyk may get the start, but after that first rotation, he’s Bam’s backup against Baynes/Boucher and the number 3 guy off the bench.
    If both Dragic and Herro are back and say even Dragic is on a 24 minute limit, Olynyk could be looking at 18-20 minutes.
    *Research note: Today, I learned Olynyk averages 25 minutes as a starter and 26 minutes off the bench.

• billythekidcowboysheat

@Yukerboy said...

I’d look for the news on Dragic/Herro before rostering Olynyk.
    Olynyk may get the start, but after that first rotation, he’s Bam’s backup against Baynes/Boucher and the number 3 guy off the bench.
    If both Dragic and Herro are back and say even Dragic is on a 24 minute limit, Olynyk could be looking at 18-20 minutes.
    *Research note: Today, I learned Olynyk averages 25 minutes as a starter and 26 minutes off the bench.

Obviously, I’m a heat lifer.

Only playing nunn and olynyk if news breaks the right way, possibly jimmy if i have the money.

• Brendan239

Anyone else fading LBJ, Butler, Bam, Steph, and Tatum?

• captainwacky

@frugal said...

Huh? Floor literally means the bottom possible just like ceiling means highest. If your talking about ranges, you’re not talking about a floor.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@Brendan239 said...

Anyone else fading LBJ, Butler, Bam, Steph?

Probably. Seems like there are better plays for cheaper. I’m sure those guys will be in my player pool but dont see any that I need to prioritize

• frugal

@jdtrey said...

Think he was joking..
    More importantly the words floor and ceiling are thrown around way too much here when almost everyone has their own definition. Every single player’s floor is 0. (technically negative points) When we say floor we’re referring to the lowest possible of standard outcomes, there’s always outliers so you can’t say floor means the bottom possible and ceiling means the highest. There is no ceiling realistically, just what we’ve seen and technically there’s no real floor. Likely range of outcomes is much more accurate than floor/ceiling.

5 years ago everyone’s “ceiling” was 75-80, clearly it’s closer to 100 for some now.

Floor and ceiling are mathematical terms, and when I mention them I’m speaking in terms of observed history not projections. In terms of of projections, I guess one use a standard deviation of the range used to make the projection to create a calculated floor/ceiling. I keep it simple with a single number.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@Macb44 said...

I think Tatum might be the better play over Brown tonight. Tatum’s numbers always increase without Kemba in these B2Bs. Browns actually tend to decrease.

Brown’s usage rate goes up, but for some reason, misses more. I hate Kemba as a ball distributor, but I do think he puts Brown in positions to succeed. Of course, it could be off-nights that just happen to coincide with Kemba being off the floor.

Either way, Tatum is easily and by far my #1 PF of the night and may be my #1 owned player.

• Njsum1

@Bodhisattva said...

Lonzo or Garland? Apparently my answer is, “both”. There are some interesting lineups that can be made with all mid-tier on this slate, with just some slight reaching up for say a Jarrett Allen. Even just one deep value guy can open up to modest reaches into upper-mid, and there’s a lot of 50-burger potential in the middies.

I’m interested in Garland yet he just ran for 43 minutes last night, so he might be tired. On top of that his DK price is setting records. Still might have a share or 2, cause Centers and PG’s versus Houston seems to be a thing.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@Brendan239 said...

Anyone else fading LBJ, Butler, Bam, Steph, and Tatum?

I have almost no Bam or Steph.
    LBJ is one of my top guys.
    I’ll be around the field on Butler.

I also make 3 clown statements for every solid contribution I make to the board.
    Just a heads up.

• Macb44

@Yukerboy said...

Brown’s usage rate goes up, but for some reason, misses more. I hate Kemba as a ball distributor, but I do think he puts Brown in positions to succeed. Of course, it could be off-nights that just happen to coincide with Kemba being off the floor.

Either way, Tatum is easily and by far my #1 PF of the night and may be my #1 owned player.

Yeah that’s how I’m feeling. Tatum works better as a #1 option, Brown is great playing off others. Also Tatum gets a ton more playmaking responsibility, Brown doesn’t take that on as much.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

Anyone looking at OG? Maybe they start ramping up his minutes. At 5600 he could do some thangs

• IT4MVP

I’m going Allen at C with Trae and Murray at PG

• captainwacky

@Sleazygreazy said...

Anyone looking at OG? Maybe they start ramping up his minutes. At 5600 he could do some thangs

I liked him yesterday, but doubt they would ramp up too hard on a B2B. Especially if Lowry is back.

• marvalgames

@Sleazygreazy said...

B2B scares me. next game

• Macb44

I think double center with Allen and Capela is th move tonight. Houston has no way to defend centers, and Capela destroyed Boston both games last week. If Collins is out Capela feels like a lock.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@Sleazygreazy said...

He’s not a guy I’m necessarily targeting, but if LineupHQ projected ownerships are spot on, I’ll be about 6x the field on him.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

Wasn’t really thinking about B2B..good points.

Irrigator – you still looking at LMA – I canNOT get there. He is a guy like Horford for me that I hate playing but sometimes I have to just force some in there when their teams are short bodies.

• Macb44

Saban Lee still a good play tonight? I feel like as long as he gets the minutes he is, but I’m a bit worried he won’t.

• frugal

Pretty much done, but everything is temporary based on HOU news.

• Brendan239

I’m going Murray/Mills in 1/6, hope they get all the usage but I have Lonnie in 70%

• mbunner23

@Macb44 said...

Saban Lee still a good play tonight? I feel like as long as he gets the minutes he is, but I’m a bit worried he won’t.

Yes but at some point DSJ is gonna troll us.

• Macb44

@mbunner23 said...

Yes but at some point DSJ is gonna troll us.

Yep exactly how I’m feeling

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@Brendan239 said...

I’m going Murray/Mills in 1/6, hope they get all the usage but I have Lonnie in 70%

I don’t know the correlation numbers but you’d have to think playing Murray/Mills together may not be the best idea. To me Mills has the best chance of succeeding if for whatever reason (gets popped, hasn’t played in 10 days, etc.) Murray has a dud, Mills would probably be there to pick up the slack.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@Sleazygreazy said...

Probably not with Lowry, FVV, Powell, and Siakam next to him. Seems like 30 fpt spot at best. He is in my pool but doubt he actually makes it in any lineups

• monarch

Pels only team on a front end, play at MIL tomorrow TNT. They should crush the Pistons though.

Hawks, Celtics, Warriors, Pistons, Raptors, T-Wolves all on B2B

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).