• 2020 Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 5.5 ) at Philadelphia ( -5.5 ) — T:
    7:30 PM EST : Sacramento ( 2 ) at New York ( -2 ) — T: 222
    7:30 PM EST : Orlando ( 8 ) at Brooklyn ( -8 ) — T: 226.5
    8:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -7.5 ) at Memphis ( 7.5 ) — T: 228.5
    9:00 PM EST : Washington ( 7 ) at Denver ( -7 ) — T: 236
    9:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( 9 ) at Milwaukee ( -9 ) — T: 241.5

DRAFTKINGS RG FORUM LEAGUE

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• donkeydealer

How many 3’s do the Bucks hit tonight?

• dragon1952

@frugal said...

Adams isn’t a guy who typically rests on B2B. 9/10 and 5/6 B2Bs he played pretty much the same minutes in the front and back end. That said, I can see Zion moving over to C for stretches and NOP trying to go faster maybe tonight.

He did play 31 min last night though, and coming off of an ankle issue. I didn’t look at the box scores yet but Jan 29 he played 38 and then just 23 the next night, Feb 9 and 10 he just played 21 min each night, and Feb 16/17 he played 23 and then just 9. IDK how accurate rotowire projections are but they have Adams for 28 min and Hernan for 17.

• jdtrey

@theIrrigator said...

I believe in the Boban.

The Boban is what gets me out of bed in the morning.

But I want to profit so I cannot play the Boban

This pains me to agree with.
    Boban is such a treat.

• frugal

Man Powell at 3K is so tempting. Horrible matchup, coming off a start where he only played 11, perfect spot for him to go off with no ownership. Just hard to trust Mavs big rotations right now.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@frugal said...

The “Knicks coach” is Tom “Tibs” Thibodeau who coached Rose from his 3rd season in 2011 until 2015 in CHI, from 2017-2019 in MIN and was instrumental in bringing Rose (and Taj, another Tibs guy) to the Knicks. There’s little chance another NY guard plays more minutes than Rose tonight.

Rose is a complete fade for me tonight.
    However, I do agree he gets more minutes than any other Knick guard tonight (except Bullock if you consider him a guard) because NBA coaching is horrendous.
    When Rose gets 25 minutes or more, his team is 0-6 and only one of those teams that beat Rose has a winning record.
    During those games, Rose averages 1.05 FDPPM.

Rose has had over 27 minutes twice and 30 once.
    Rose is $5,700 on FD

Excuse me while I plug in Sacramento for +108.

• frugal

@dragon1952 said...

He did play 31 min last night though, and coming off of an ankle issue. I didn’t look at the box scores yet but Jan 29 he played 38 and then just 23 the next night, Feb 9 and 10 he just played 21 min each night, and Feb 16/17 he played 23 and then just 9. IDK how accurate rotowire projections are but they have Adams for 28 min and Hernan for 17.

Right, but on 5/6 he played 30/29. Minutes projections are only rough guidelines, no one has any insight into team’s actual gameplans and then those plans can be altered by game flow. I tend to avoid cases where I feel a player isn’t going to see a min of ~20 minutes (unless we’re talking a about a FPPM monster like Boban) which seems to be the most likely outcome when Adams starts.

• billythekidcowboysheat

Give this kid the minutes!

Unfortunately the knicks are tricky to decipher.

Wait on who’s starting i guess but even then the guards all will dwarf each other Probaly. Especially with rose there.

• frugal

@Yukerboy said...

Rose is a complete fade for me tonight.
    However, I do agree he gets more minutes than any other guard tonight because NBA coaching is horrendous.
    When Rose gets 25 minutes or more, his team is 0-6.

Excuse me while I plug in Sacramento for +108.

Ha!. Well, he’s only been in NY for 7 games where they’re 4 and 3 and playing much better than they were without. I’m not suggesting high Rose minutes means NY wins, only that I feel Tibs will lean on his vet guard tonight and that has an impact on his DFS outcome.

• Brendan239

I like Rose, Porter, Richardson to 8x on FD today. Anyone have their ownership projection?

• frugal

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

Give this kid the minutes!

Unfortunately the knicks are tricky to decipher.

Wait on who’s starting i guess but even then the guards all will dwarf each other Probaly. Especially with rose there.

Bullock is a non factor most nights and I’m unsure Ntilikina is even with the team as he hasn’t played since 12/29. Rivers is back but he was falling out of the rotation before going out due to Rose getting minutes, I’d bet Burks plays significantly more minutes than Rivers but my gut feels it’s going to be the Rose/Quickley show at PG in NY tonight with Rose seeing close to 30 minutes.

• Brendan239

@frugal said...

Bullock is a non factor most nights and I’m unsure Ntilikina is even with the team as he hasn’t played since 12/29. Rivers is back but he was falling out of the rotation before going out due to Rose getting minutes, I’d bet Burks plays significantly more minutes than Rivers but my gut feels it’s going to be the Rose/Quickley show at PG in NY tonight with Rose seeing close to 30 minutes.

I’ve got Rose in 2/3, Augustin in 2/3, and Burks in 2/3 on FD. Jokic, Embid, RoLo my 3 Centers.

• Codyveo

on FD specifically, Jokic obviously in a smash spot against the Wizards. But isn’t Embiid? Who will slow him down? If the mavs keep it close I’d think it would be more up tempo as well. Hard to go Embiid over Jokic but idk.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #61

RG Tiered Ranking

@frugal said...

Rose/Quickly and I think Barret gets back up in the high 30’s min range

• frugal

@Codyveo said...

on FD specifically, Jokic obviously in a smash spot against the Wizards. But isn’t Embiid? Who will slow him down? If the mavs keep it close I’d think it would be more up tempo as well. Hard to go Embiid over Jokic but idk.

Mavs homer…love Embiid tonight.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

@Brendan239 said...

I like Rose, Porter, Richardson to 8x on FD today. Anyone have their ownership projection?

Given Porter will score 29 FD points like every other night, I guess he is priced at $3.6k……….

• Brendan239

Are Okeke and/or Aminu good FD play it IS Brooklyn.

• frugal

@Brendan239 said...

Are Okeke and/or Aminu good FD play it IS Brooklyn.

Man, I want Aminu to succeed. I love the energy he’s played with but haven’t got a chance to see him since coming back. Minutes are trending up, I can see him 6X that salary but unsure what his upside is with such little data.

• WhiteyJones8

@866 said...

Worry about blowout for Harden vs ORL.

People saying this has always been my pet peeve. Nothing personal.

You almost never have to worry about a star player on the winning side of a blowout. In order for a blowout to happen someone has to score a lot of points. If you are worried Harden sits because the Nets blowout Orlando then you should be saying you love Kyrie Irving. Otherwise, a blowout is nearly impossible.

(Unless you meant Orlando is going to blowout the Nets?)

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@frugal said...

Ha!. Well, he’s only been in NY for 7 games where they’re 4 and 3 and playing much better than they were without. I’m not suggesting high Rose minutes means NY wins, only that I feel Tibs will lean on his vet guard tonight and that has an impact on his DFS outcome.

Please don’t get me wrong, I love what the Knicks are doing. Sure, they have a losing record, but a 3 game win streak puts them in the 4 seed for crying out loud.

Rose was a great addition and has the ability to flourish off the bench with that loaded young talented core of Quickley, Toppin, and then some of what should be Noel/Gibson and Burks. I love what the Knicks have done and the Lakers got their championship with Glass last year, but I think if you gave them the choice of Glass or Randle today and for the next 5 years, they would regret their mistake and take Randle.

With Elf out, they need a ball distributor to complement that lineup, not a scorer. Rose would fit that bill, but Thibs won’t start him. Randle, Barrett and oversized KCP in Bullock can score. The last thing they need is Rivers in there jacking up 20 shots.

But, coaching in the NBA is atrocious and Rivers or Ntilinka starting will give DeAaron Fox free rein and Holmes/Bagley competing with Randle for the missed shots.

• frugal

@Yukerboy said...

Please don’t get me wrong, I love what the Knicks are doing. Sure, they have a losing record, but a 3 game win streak puts them in the 4 seed for crying out loud.

Rose was a great addition and has the ability to flourish off the bench with that loaded young talented core of Quickley, Toppin, and then some of what should be Noel/Gibson and Burks. I love what the Knicks have done and the Lakers got their championship with Glass last year, but I think if you gave them the choice of Glass or Randle today and for the next 5 years, they would regret their mistake and take Randle.

With Elf out, they need a ball distributor to complement that lineup, not a scorer. Rose would fit that bill, but Thibs won’t start him. Randle, Barrett and oversized KCP in Bullock can score. The last thing they need is Rivers in there jacking up 20 shots.

But, coaching in the NBA is atrocious and Rivers or Ntilinka starting will give DeAaron Fox free rein and Holmes/Bagley competing with Randle for the missed shots.

I have no idea what you’re talking about, Ntilinka hasn’t played a minute since 12/29.

• Codyveo

@frugal said...

Mavs homer…love Embiid tonight.

What’s your take on WCS?

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@Yukerboy said...

Oh, and Cousins.

If Cousins signed with the Knicks, he wouldn’t hurt them at all and still get all the credit for the Knicks turning it around even though they are turning it around without him. It’s a win/win for Cousins and the Knicks.

• WillyWongka

Thoughts on Brunson? Dude’s been balling out lately and getting plenty of mins

• captainwacky

@frugal said...

Man, I want Aminu to succeed. I love the energy he’s played with but haven’t got a chance to see him since coming back. Minutes are trending up, I can see him 6X that salary but unsure what his upside is with such little data.

I think today is the day to start taking shots at Aminu. And Winslow, for that matter. Both in interesting spots with their minutes ticking up.

• frugal

@Codyveo said...

What’s your take on WCS?

I’m no fan of Dwight Powell, would much prefer for WCS to be the 2nd C behind KP on the team. While Powell plays with a ton of effort, more often than not it’s empty effort with a lot of arm flailing. WCS IMHO is their better option, but really the Mavs need a real upgrade and should move both them for a better option.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).