• 2020 Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 5.5 ) at Philadelphia ( -5.5 ) — T:
    7:30 PM EST : Sacramento ( 2 ) at New York ( -2 ) — T: 222
    7:30 PM EST : Orlando ( 8 ) at Brooklyn ( -8 ) — T: 226.5
    8:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -7.5 ) at Memphis ( 7.5 ) — T: 228.5
    9:00 PM EST : Washington ( 7 ) at Denver ( -7 ) — T: 236
    9:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( 9 ) at Milwaukee ( -9 ) — T: 241.5

DRAFTKINGS RG FORUM LEAGUE

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Macb44

@frugal said...

Mavs homer…love Embiid tonight.

Yeah plus he’s at only 9.9k on DK. Love that price for a guy who can’t be defended let alone by the mavs frontcourt. As a Boston fan I’m used to this guy just destroying opposing teams lol.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@frugal said...

I have no idea what you’re talking about, Ntilinka hasn’t played a minute since 12/29.

Exactly.
    Let me refer you to Dwight Powell.
    Or DaQuan Jeffires
    Or Jeff Samanic
    Or Markieff Morris
    Or Furkan Korkmaz
    Or Bryn Forbes
    Or DeAndre Bembry
    Or Javonte Green
    Or Jeff Teague
    Or Tony Snell
    Or Mo Bamba
    Or Cheke Okeke (Mispelled intentionally)
    Or Garrison Mathews
    Or Dean Wade
    Or some Ninja dude.
    Or Juan Toscano-Anderson

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

I know Sacramento went from +108 to -102 as people are realizing Rose ain’t starting.
    Once the Knicks actually announce their lineup, the Kings will be favored about 5 minutes later.
    Love when Vegas catches up with me.

• frugal

@Yukerboy said...

Exactly.
    Let me refer you to Dwight Powell.
    Or DaQuan Jeffires
    Or Jeff Samanic
    Or Markieff Morris
    Or Furkan Korkmaz
    Or Bryn Forbes
    Or DeAndre Bembry
    Or Javonte Green
    Or Jeff Teague
    Or Tony Snell
    Or Mo Bamba
    Or Cheke Okeke (Mispelled intentionally)
    Or Garrison Mathews
    Or Dean Wade
    Or some Ninja dude.
    Or Juan Toscano-Anderson

Any Mavs fan will tell you RC is in love with Powell and will look for any excuse to give him minutes. He’s one of those high effort guys coaches love who sucks. I can’t speak to every team situation, but there’s been plenty of cases where COVID guys being out has forced coaches to be resourceful in terms of minutes allocations and who starts. Sometimes it’s better to put a total scrub in the starting 5 to enable better rotations the rest of the game with the idea that your 6th man is going to finish the game with the other 4 starters fresher due to playing fewer minutes earlier.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

Want another one? Jeff Green out actually would help Brooklyn as Nash would be forced to put DJ on Vuc like they should.
    If Aminu has his minutes limit lifted, I’d take the money line on Orlando which is at +330 right now.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@frugal said...

Any Mavs fan will tell you RC is in love with Powell and will look for any excuse to give him minutes. He’s one of those high effort guys coaches love who sucks. I can’t speak to every team situation, but there’s been plenty of cases where COVID guys being out has forced coaches to be resourceful in terms of minutes allocations and who starts. Sometimes it’s better to put a total scrub in the starting 5 to enable better rotations the rest of the game with the idea that your 6th man is going to finish the game with the other 4 starters fresher due to playing fewer minutes earlier.

Yes, it makes sense in SOME cases.
    When Paul George is out, you don’t go with Zubac and move Ibaka to PF. You need the points and go with Lou or Marcus.
    But when Batum is out, you don’t need the points from the bench and go with Zubac and move Ibaka to his more natural PF fit except coaching in the NBA is horrendous and this never happens.

This is what started it with the Knicks. They need a ball distributor and say what you want about Rose and Elf, they are the best they got other than Randle himself at distributing the ball and finding the open man. Instead, they’ll have Rivers jacking up threes from halfcourt and Randle without a ball in his hands.

In no case do you look at Hassan Whiteside and Glenn Robinson and Jabari Parker and Cory Joseph and Bjelica and still say to yourself “Yeah, DaQuan Jeffries is the hero we need.”

• frugal

@Yukerboy said...

Yes, it makes sense in SOME cases.
    When Paul George is out, you don’t go with Zubac and move Ibaka to PF. You need the points and go with Lou or Marcus.
    But when Batum is out, you don’t need the points from the bench and go with Zubac and move Ibaka to his more natural PF fit.

In no case do you look at Hassan Whiteside and Glenn Robinson and Jabari Parker and Cory Joseph and Bjelica and still say to yourself “Yeah, DaQuan Jeffries is the hero we need.”

Yeah, I don’t understand some of the stuff they do lineup wise. I can say my experience coaching kids for years is sometimes starting a lesser player over a better one who’s been giving substandard effort can be a great motivational tool to get things together. EDIT: Gotta be the right personality though, cause it can crush spirts as well.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@frugal said...

And let’s talk Mavs for a minute.
    Porzingis isn’t a rebound hog. He’s a scorer.
    Tobias Harris is an undersized PF who would have been a monster mismatch for a healthy KP.

You don’t replace Porzingis with another big. You replace Porzingis with a scorer and let DF-S pickup Harris. You start Hardaway and if Kleber ain’t big enough to guard Embiid, then you bench Kleber for someone who can, even if it is Powell.

As for this game, as a basketball purist, I love the idea of the Simmons/Luka matchup. It’s going to be like watching Magic vs LeBron. Both could have bad games and both could have triple doubles, but it’s the best matchup in the NBA.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@frugal said...

Yeah, I don’t understand some of the stuff they do lineup wise. I can say my experience coaching kids for years is sometimes starting a lesser player over a better one who’s been giving substandard effort can be a great motivational tool to get things together. EDIT: Gotta be the right personality though, cause it can crush spirts as well.

I absolutely believe in high energy effort players being rewarded and just seeing this statement let’s me know I would be proud to have you as a coach for my children. And a lot of that is chemistry too. Duke had addition by subtraction with Jalen Johnson. They could actually make the tourney with a run in the ACC championships.

And we don’t see practices. It could be DaQuan Jeffries plays his heart out in practice and the other veteran guys I mentioned don’t. However, the NBA is another level where you put personalities aside and play the players that give you the best chance to win, which isn’t always your 5 best players (I’m looking at you, Patrick Williams)

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

Now, I said a lot and I apologize for filling up the board.
    Just remember, 1 out of every four posts I make have great insights and the other 3 are clown statements.
    Up to you which ones you choose to believe.
    Of course, I believe everything I said right up until tipoff and am proven wrong. :)

• frugal

@Yukerboy said...

And let’s talk Mavs for a minute.
    Porzingis isn’t a rebound hog. He’s a scorer.
    Tobias Harris is an undersized PF who would have been a monster mismatch for a healthy KP.

You don’t replace Porzingis with another big. You replace Porzingis with a scorer and let DF-S pickup Harris. You start Hardaway and if Kleber ain’t big enough to guard Embiid, then you bench Kleber for someone who can, even if it is Powell.

As for this game, as a basketball purist, I love the idea of the Simmons/Luka matchup. It’s going to be like watching Magic vs LeBron. Both could have bad games and both could have triple doubles, but it’s the best matchup in the NBA.

I get what you’re saying, but there’s a few different ways to look at it.

KP is the worst defender on the team and it’s not even close. Sure he scores like an SG but he’s so slow post injury that he can’t really guard the perimeter and refuses to guard the rim. With KP off, literally anyone at C is a defensive upgrade (which is sad) and allowing one of those guys to take on the primary defensive role allows Kleber to help which is a big defensive upgrade. Also note Maxi has the team’s best 3P% and isn’t great rolling to finish at the basket, WCS and Powell are much better at that.

The Brunson/THJ duo has absolutely been destroying off the bench in their fast break offense. Breaking that up to get some more scoring in the starting lineup could destroy that chemistry.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@frugal said...

I get what you’re saying, but there’s a few different ways to look at it.

KP is the worst defender on the team and it’s not even close. Sure he scores like an SG but he’s so slow post injury that he can’t really guard the perimeter and refuses to guard the rim. With KP off, literally anyone at C is a defensive upgrade (which is sad) and allowing one of those guys to take on the primary defensive role allows Kleber to help which is a big defensive upgrade. Also note Maxi has the team’s best 3P% and isn’t great rolling to finish at the basket, WCS and Powell are much better at that.

The Brunson/THJ duo has absolutely been destroying off the bench in their fast break offense. Breaking that up to get some more scoring in the starting lineup could destroy that chemistry.

I don’t disagree with anything you said here and starting obviously doesn’t ensure a big minute role (Looking at you Powell)
    And it’s not like Brunson and THJ are playing solely with the second unit.

I’m just saying that a few nights ago when everyone said WCS, I knew RC was going to go a different direction (though I thought it would be THJ, not Powell).

If it were me, I have WCS on Embiid and let Embiid take all the threes he wants (and no, I’m not insulting Embiid’s shooting ability). I’d rather have him shooting from the outside and WCS dominating on the inside defensively than Danny Green or Seth Curry getting hot. I’d have Kleber coming in off the bench for the mismatch against Dwight Howard and replacing some of the points I lost off the bench by starting THJ.

Especially with Luka being restrained by Ben Simmons whose defense is the most underrated skill of his game.

• billythekidcowboysheat

Man figuring out pf is tricky.

Like abc is always fine, but i think randle is gonna put Bagley in a body bag tonight.

At the same time Bagley is safe, but I’m uncertain with him, he could get more mins with no goatside, walton is a troll though.

• MutomboNoNoNo

Help me here… Is DEN/WAS the chalk tonight? Why do I want to stack that game…. also What in the world special circumstances allowed for BERTANS to go nuclear in this matchup just last week?

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

Man figuring out pf is tricky.

Like abc is always fine, but i think randle is gonna put Bagley in a body bag tonight.

At the same time Bagley is safe, but I’m uncertain with him, he could get more mins with no goatside, walton is a troll though.

Noel’s my #1 PF tonight.
    He’s overpriced for his average points, but along with his ceiling, it still allows me to spend up for Jokic, Fox, Harden, Randle, and/or Ingram.

• Brendan239

Watch Lonzo, 2 Grizzlies, a cheap Knick and a cheap Magician be in the winning LU.

• superjon

Hot take # 2

It’s a Middleton night

• dominicanpapi

I’m falling into the same issue from two nights ago, there’s not a lineup that I really like and instead of me trying to sign up for these 3 entry or 5 entry maxes, I may just do a couple of SE lineups and call it a night. On FD, outside of Randle and Giannis, PF is a waste land. I’ve got a general rule of thumb: if the spend down/value options aren’t viable then it might make sense to pay up. Randle/Giannis takes a chunk of your FD salary but there’s enough value at point guard, small forward, and shooting guard to make it work.

• Herf

@superjon said...

Hot take # 2

It’s a Middleton night

It’s hard not to press that button on FD with the price.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@MutomboNoNoNo said...

Help me here… Is DEN/WAS the chalk tonight? Why do I want to stack that game…. also What in the world special circumstances allowed for BERTANS to go nuclear in this matchup just last week?

Bertans went 9-11 from the field and all of those FGM were threes.
    It’s a great matchup for him as the frontcourt bench of Denver is laughable and I’m not convinced MPJ is anything defensively.

I’m targeting Jokic and Morris/Camp, and Bertans is my #1 owned Wizard tonight, but hoping for 9 3s again is ridiculous.

• Johnnyboy8102

I am not going away from Jokic, Embiid, or Vuc at center on FD. All in smash spots.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

And just like that, Sacramento is now almost even at -106 and the Magic climbed to +310.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@Johnnyboy8102 said...

I am not going away from Jokic, Embiid, or Vuc at center on FD. All in smash spots.

I keep trying to talk myself into JVal, but you’re right.
    Pay up for center.

• mbunner23

@frugal said...

I have no idea what you’re talking about, Ntilinka hasn’t played a minute since 12/29.

I quit reading after you said Randle>AD. And I’m a big Julius fan.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #97

RG Tiered Ranking

Porter and Rose chalk night? What could go wrong?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).