7:00 PM EST : Washington ( -8.5 ) at Philadelphia ( 8.5 ) —- T: 214.5
    7:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( 3 ) at Indiana ( -3 ) —- T: 203.5
    7:30 PM EST : Cleveland ( -1.5 ) at Toronto ( 1.5 ) —- T: 208
    7:30 PM EST : Orlando ( 1.5 ) at New York ( -1.5 ) —- T: 206.5
    8:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 0 ) at Atlanta ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Denver ( 5 ) at Dallas ( -5 ) —- T: 208.5
    10:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -2.5 ) at Sacramento ( 2.5 ) —- T: 219
    10:30 PM EST : Memphis ( -4.5 ) at LA Lakers ( 4.5 ) —- T: 209

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• DirkDigglerz

Clarkson and D’Angelo!

• kobe23

Bulls playing an hour after the lock again. Who has the balls to roster any of their players, in particular drose? He is Q atm, but even if they announce he’s P or even starting I just can’t trust them not to pull him right after the lock again.

• dp33071

@DirkDigglerz said...

Clarkson and D’Angelo!

Those 2 plus Conley for me!

• jman3034

@kobe23 said...

Bulls playing an hour after the lock again. Who has the balls to roster any of their players, in particular drose? He is Q atm, but even if they announce he’s P or even starting I just can’t trust them not to pull him right after the lock again.

Totally agree with you here…can possibly take a chance on DK since you can replace, but I know I won’t even mess with the situation on FD haha

• BphillzMSU

Going to try a new approach. Lineup is set. No tweaking but will be following injury reports.

• Bellest

@kobe23 said...

After just a quick glance, I don’t see any reason to risk rostering a Bull besides Gasol, and he’s “probable”. No tanks…

• baseballislife93

Patrick Paterson or Bobby Portis

• jenkins687

CP3 and either Jordan or Cousins??

• MPDR1983

I think FD needs to change that setting..DK lets you adjust players after game tips off. I’ve been burned a few times on FD cause of late scratches.

• clrockny24

gotta get a win. Lost last 3 nights, and I’ve done more research than ever this week. so go figure. I think conley is a good play. I always target vucevic when the magic play. Probably Fournier as well. playing on DK.

Do you think people will target a lot of players in the sac/lac and was/phi games, seeing as they have high point totals?

• TommyWantWingy33

Didn’t the Lakers just play the griz? Seeing a lot of quick rematches on the schedule this year.

• clrockny24

conley went for 40-something fantasy pts Wednesday against the lakers, so He’s probably a pretty good play.

• Bellest

@clrockny24 said...

gotta get a win. Lost last 3 nights, and I’ve done more research than ever this week. so go figure. I think conley is a good play. I always target vucevic when the magic play. Probably Fournier as well. playing on DK.

Do you think people will target a lot of players in the sac/lac and was/phi games, seeing as they have high point totals?

I’m prolly going to try a Grizzly stack, they dropped 128 points on the Lakers Wednesday.

• jman3034

reddick and crawford seem like a cheap SG combo on FD tonight…good matchup too

• TommyWantWingy33

Anyone on the Atlanta bigs? Seems to me the bulls played decent D on a big I recently played….

• Bellest

@TommyWantWingy33 said...

Anyone on the Atlanta bigs? Seems to me the bulls played decent D on a big I recently played….

I’ve got Paul Milsap currently, but I don’t particularly love it…

• migarvin99

Alright boys, looking for some input. Moving on from Yahoo. Which site would be better to play mostly Gpp’s (the single or few entry kind)? DK or FD.?..besides the lineup lock on FD is one site better than the other? Does one site have more “sharks”? Your thoughts would be much appreciated Thanks!

• teachmehowtocutty

@TommyWantWingy33 said...

Horford seems overpriced on fd but good value on dk. I never play millsap when he has a good game lol

• Bellest

@migarvin99 said...

Alright boys, looking for some input. Moving on from Yahoo. Which site would be better to play mostly Gpp’s (the single or few entry kind)? DK or FD.?..besides the lineup lock on FD is one site better than the other? Does one site have more “sharks”? Your thoughts would be much appreciated Thanks!

For some reason, I just can’t figure out NBA roster construction on DK. I’m not sure why, because I’m very successful the with NFL.
    As for the lineup lock, I personally have only been burned by it once, and that was this week.
    But you know what, Rose was about 40% owned in the contests I was in, and I would have lost regardless. So, no sour grapes here on that front.
    Regarding the sharks, I follow most of them on twitter, seems to me they’re fairly well distributed over most of the popular sites.

• clrockny24

Horford seems to be very consistent, should be a good play.

I do think DK is better. I’m kind of a beginner, but I’ve noticed players have a cheaper salry on DK, for the most part. I like their scoring system a little better as well. There probably are a lot more “sharks.”

• jstorm23

I cant seem to string together W’s on DK.. i’m consistently in the 250-260 and I need to be 280-300.. Any help? Am I going to chalky?

• superbuckwild

• Blogger of the Month

@MPDR1983 said...

I think FD needs to change that setting..DK lets you adjust players after game tips off. I’ve been burned a few times on FD cause of late scratches.

Everybody is in the same boat though, it makes for an even playing field. If you look at his percentage ownership last game, it was close to 20 percent in some tournaments. On the other hand, if you don’t have the entire night to check injury reports or don’t have inside scoops, on draft king those that do have a competitive advantage and you build your lineup around a player for a reason so while a late swap is better than scoring a zero, if you didn’t have the guy your swapping in your lineup to begin with there is a good chance you were not crazy about him to begin with so it probably wont change things to a big tournament takedown. In cash games I kind of see the benefit, but again, you have to be on top of the injuries all night as opposed to worrying only until lock time, and some of us, me included, are not able to do that. It is actually one of the main reasons I ONLY play FD. I have been burned more than a few times because of after lock scratches, but so have my opponents so I think it evens out at the end. I just make sure I don’t overexpose myself to players known to be made out of glass.

On to tonight’s games… For FD tournament options…

Hornets vs Pacers: Really like Courtney Lee as a Punt option against Monta Ellis and don’t mind Paul George as a tournament guy with upside, just beware of the fact that he is capable of throwing up a dud. Turner and Ian up front for Indiana I think are safe bets to return value but I don’t think they have much upside.

Wizards vs 76ers: I am worried that this will be a blowout. The only guys I will expose myself to are Markieff Morris as he can potentially have a good game with new team at any moment and why not against 76ers and I think Gortat should be a safe bet to return value at his price even if its a blowout.

Orlando vs Knicks: I love Melo in this one. He has been playing good and Magic recently been poor at guarding the sf position. If dipo plays I love Dipo and I think Fournier is a lock to get 30 plus against the knicks with the kind of minutes he gets.

Raps vs Cleveland: I think all 3 of the big players on Cleveland are in play against the Raptors. I kind of like them in the reverse order of the order I typically like them, Love, Irving, Lebron. Not crazy about any Raptors. Lowry is consistent but I think you can get almost same production in a close game from Irving for much cheaper, but a little riskier obviously.

Bulls vs Atlanta: I love Moore as a cheap option whether Rose plays or not and I like Gasol. I think Milsap is a great option, but be careful because if Rose sits there is a chance that Atlanta can beat them bad and Milsap doesn’t play full minutes. I like Teague also but am worried for same reason.

Denver vs Dallas: This feels like a game I want to avoid, but I may play Pachulia.

Clips vs Kings: I love Chris Paul obviously, but I am a little worried to play him against garbage teams in late games because of the recent news from coach that he has to find time to give him rest whether he likes it or not. Of course we all hope that we will know in advance when this happens, but it’s in the back of my mind in times like this when the opponent is weak and it’s after lineup lock on FD. I really like Jeff Green in an uptempo match against Kings and am all over Crawford in this one. I think Cousins will have a great game as well, but I worry that a guy like Jordan will get under his skin and potential for a blow up from him.

Memphis: All over conley like most will be, probably means he has a crap game. Like Barnes as well, but in the past I have noticed he doesn’t tend to pull too many good games in a row so be careful not to overexpose. Tony Allen might be back for this one, so don’t put too much into the Lakers’ totals from last game, as they might see a slight decrease.

• TommyWantWingy33

@migarvin99 said...

What’s your tournament price point? FD has nice big 1 and 2 dollar gpps. On DK I liked the 3 dollar. Didn’t play much above that. I recently switched back to FD to see if it would help me cash more. Too early to tell for me though.

• gillio

Man cash games are boring but hey I gotta build my $2 into something more to actually do tourneys. Right strategy?

• jon2anderson

• Blogger of the Month

I’m a new player, started around Christmas time. I had some early success but recently I’ve been learning my lessons and paying for them, however I can’t stay away.

The two biggest lessons I’ve learned is to focus solely on point per dollar, not on total points. A 25 from Dion Waiters is so much more valuable than a 45 from Westbrook. I’ve got that mentality down.

The second lesson I’ve learned is that real key to winning anything is being able to find one or two 4K-5K guys that can hit 6 or more times their value.

So I focused on that yesterday, and my favorite picks to do that were Steven Adams, Enes Kanter, Shelvin Mack, and Harrison Barnes. None of them hit even 5X value. Anybody see anything wrong with those picks, besides the limited upside? Adams and Kanter seemed to so safe to me…

And let’s talk about who some of the 4-5K guys on DK that will hit 5X+ tonight will be. Early on I’m looking JaMychal Green, DeAngelo Russell, and Langston Galloway. What do you think?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).